How many Skywalkers can there be???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

davesmolo
So that dialogue between Vader and the Emperor in ESB was to establish that Vader had no clue Luke was his son, right? Basically I get the impression Anakin wil believe the baby is dead when he is dueling with Obi-Wan.

If that's the case...and we are supposed to believe Vader does not recognize Luke Skywalker is his son, until the Emperor tells him so, why the following:

The opening crawl says Vader is searching for Luke
Vader wants Skywalker brought to him (Skywalker is on that ship)

Dude...how many Skywalkers can possibly be in the galaxy?

Jedi Priestess
How many Smith's can there be in the US?

PVS
hmm?

stick out tongue

LandoSpeeder
or Jacksons

LandoSpeeder
I always thought Vader knew he was his son. Or maybe I just haven't watched ESB in a long time.

PVS
vader DID know

"thats it! the rebels are there...and i'm sure skywalker is with them"

davesmolo
So then why the change in dialogue? What could it possibly mean in relation to something in ROTS.

PVS
to further explain that vader is conciously hiding lukes ID from the emporer.
"how is that possible?"

"search your feelings lord vader...you will know it to be true"
palps doesnt say this in a 'matter of fact' way but in a 'cut the bullshit vader!' way.

so i think anyway. it just makes sense.

smoker4
I Concur!! smokin'

ESP07
Maybe that is the suprise. Vader lets Luke go in hopes of one day finding him, turning him to the dark side, and overthowing the emperor. "Rule the galaxy as father and son", was the quote....I believe.

PVS
that theory has been my favorite for some time.

schill142
Vader must have been more concerned with ruling the galaxy then simply killing his heir(s) and maintaining his role of being the Emperor's enforcer.

If Vader was interested in simply killing his offspring, Luke would have been very easy to find. The Lar's residence has to be on the top of his search list as suitable places his son and/or daughter would have been raised; provided he knew they where alive all along.

Vader must have had aspirations of overtaking Palpatine.

Morridini
But Vader didn't know they were alive, I think, he thought they died with Padme. So it would never have occurred for him to search for them anywhere.

BAILY
Yoda said it best. "Always two there are, no more, no less" Leia and Luke.... and they are brother and sister, and they KISSED!!! Yuck.... There is only two Skywalker kids out there. But maybe some long distant relatives of Anakin's have the Skywalker name too?? Who knows, but I dont think it has any revelance in the new movie. There are only two kids that is it.

Morridini
When Yoda was talking about there only being two he wasn't talking about the twins (as it was still 13 years till they would be born) but about the Sith.

BAILY
I know what Yoda was talking about Morridini. I was only making a joke. lol. smile smile

LandoSpeeder
Why am I so bored? sleep

BAILY
Because this thread is pointless??

Morridini
Ah, I have to read who are posting what. I would have known that u were joking if I saw that it was u Baily I thought it was another N00B.

LandoSpeeder
I want new pic, new webdocs, new good threads, man I'm bored.

jedijunky1138
Yea I think you are right there PVS. This would also show that Vader has a compassionate side that he is struggling with. This is why I believe that he was never truly controlled by the Dark Side.

Cowboyography
I find it amazing that before the PT, Vader was just an evil, bad, controlling leader of an evil empire, like George Stinebrener, but after the PT we can look back and say, see his emotion here is this, and here he is thinking that. I dont know what the hell my point is, I had one when I started!!!

Mist
when luke was flying through the death star trench at the end of ANH, vader says 'the force is strong with this one'. then, luke blew up the DS, after a failed attempt by an ordinary pilot. vader can sense the force in luke and is obsessed with finding him. i believe i read somewhere that once anakin becomes vader, no more force children are born. therefore, luke and leia are the last children born with the force. vader beleives he and palpatine killed off the remaining jedi, so he searches for luke. he doesnt know luke is his son, he wants to find him because he is force sensitive.

i think vader had a hunch that luke was his son, but needed confirmation. then, AFTER the emperor tells him so, he searches for him as his SON.

Cowboyography
I wonder if this is part of the prophecy or if this is just what happens. also a source for this info would be nice, considering that the Jedi Academy ect are all post trilogy in EU. I mean what about Kyle Katarn!!!

Mist
this is only during vader's reign. once anakin becomes vader, no more children are born with the force. when vader dies, the force returns. i dont know if its true or not, i read it ages ago. ill try and find the source.

bilbofett
The 'no more force children' rumor was debunkedby Pabs...its not true.

I think PVS is on the $$$, Vader would have rather ruled the galaxy with his own son than with the crusty old guy.

And Cowboy, you are right too. Before the PT Vader was just pure evil except for a few minutes in Jedi. Now he is someone you feel sympathy for, Not a commom everday trait in villians these days. Its actually rather Shakespearean in a way, noone is all good or all bad in his plays.

As for the original question, its been said over & over that Antilles is a common name in the galaxy so why would Skywalker not be? I mean, Schmi had to come from somewhere, right? So if you really want to get nitpicky you might ask why doesnt Ani know who Granma & Granpa Skywalker are?

.:Space Opera:.
Q: "how many skywalkers can there be....?"

A: who cares.

Master Kadub
You know, I've read this thread and I dont know if it was started to benefit the newbys or something....but I thought was came to a semi-conclusion that Vader/Anakin was well aware of Luke being his son, but didnt know where he was........

But that he was never aware of Leia.....

PVS
there is not enough evidence for such a conclusion.
we only know that vader knows of luke between ep4 & 5 after he finds
out luke blew up the deathstar.

however, i believe that anakin will know of luke at the end of ep3.

Master Kadub
Go to see you PVS.....

I think that by what we know thus far it is safe to say that Anakin/Vader is aware of Luke's presence but not of his location.......

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Vader DID find out that this Luke Skywalker was his son between ANH and ESB, it is stated in a SW(E.U)-source!
Come on, Anakin does know Padme is pregnant in Episode3(of at least one Skywalker)...whether he thinks the baby died along with Padme in the end or not, we don't know.
But he knows Luke is the "force-sensitive SKYWALKER" who blew up the DeathStar!
Vader's obsession is to find LUKE SKYWALKER (not just some Skywalker punk, like in "some Smith in the US"wink, his Jedi-offspring....otherwise I wouldn't see any obsession in finding just A Skywalker.
The conversation between Palps and Vader in ESB, was only to set up a transparant misunderstanding between them.
Vader acted very surprised, when Palps told him the news of Luke.
This is just a part of his own scedule to take the Emperor down(together with his son) and he doesn't want his Master to find out about his plans!
Okay...enough now, what am I talking about...it is obvious that Vader knows for me!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice and Stupid thread at the same time
Later dudesssssssssssssssssssssssssss rock wacko laughing

MornGlory
yawn

PhantomMask
I was thinking the same thing myself.

PhantomMask
Great Theory

PhantomMask
LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.