grievous' species and stuff on sifo-dias

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grievous_90210
i took this from a guy from mf.com

*General Grievous*
Years ago, a war broke out between Grievous' species, the Kaleesh, and their planetary neighbors, the insectile Huk. Grievous became infamous during the course of this war. The Huk, whose world was rich in ore and other minerals, were in good with the Republic, whom they called on for intervention. What followed were "agressive negotiations" from fifty Jedi Knights and Masters, and sanctions placed on the planet. The Kaleesh fled the Republic into the waiting arms of the Intergalactic Banking Clan, who came to their rescue, reinstating trade and assiting with funds. Grievous, however, had caught the eye of Sidious. The Sith Master saw in Grievous great potential, but Grievous refused to work with the Sith. After his refusal, Grievous was involved in a shuttle crash, organized by Sidious...(more to come, I've got to review that part)

*Sifo-Dyas and the ordering of the Clones*
At this point, it has not been 100% stated who ordered the clones from the Kaminoans, but here's what's been established so far...
-Dooku did not order the clones. He did, however, erase Kamino from the archives. He also murdered Sifo-Dyas.
-Yoda confirms that there was a record of an initail contact between the Kaminoans and Sifo-Dyas.

*Additional Tidbits*
-The book begins during a battle on the planet of Cato Nemoidia. Also mentioned are the planets Mygeeto, Salucemi(or whatever, I butchered that one), Felucia, and Utapau.
-C-3P0 is told by another droid that, if he is ever offered a memory wipe, he should take it.

its from the labyrinith of evil

That's all I've got so far. If anything else big comes along during my reading, I'll let you know!!!

Grievous_90210
omg dooku killed sifo-dyas

cornponious
hmmm...

Jedi Priestess
Woah baby, got a link please?

nevermind I found it

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2594&highlight=labyrinith+evil

BAILY
This stuff was posted on TFN earlier this afternoon by a guy who had an advance copy of the new novel Labyrinth of Evil

darktim1
Sounds interesting to me.

Stunrun
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Darth_Decimator
quite interesting indeed

ennuic
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a question.

Is the Clone Wars cartoon EU?

If not then Dooku did order the clones. In one scene the senator refers to Dooku as Tyranus. The water-people in EII, whatever they're called, said Tyranus ordered them.

But very interesting about Grevious' history, I just hope he doesn't go frog crazy with 3 lightsabers in the actual movie. Though it was cool in toon-world.

Darth Surgent
^ Everything that isn't Episodes 1-6 or comments from GL = EU

BAILY
More info on Sifo Dyas from Labyrinth of Evil:

During his time with the Jedi Order, Dooku had sensed the dark side approaching. His confidant had been Master Sifo-Dyas, who was also disturbed by what was coming, though he lacked the courage to do anything about it. After leaving the Jedi, Dooku was approached by Sidious, who taught him the ways of the Sith...

"But he needed to gauge the depth of Dooku's commitment. One of your former confidants at the Jedi Temple has perceived the coming change, Sidious had told him. This one has contacted a group of cloners, regarding the creation of an army for the Republic. The order for the army can stand, for we will be able to make use of that army someday. But Master Sifo-Dyas cannot stand, for the Jedi cannot learn about the army until we are prepared for them to learn of it."

So the murder of Sifo-Dyas was Dooku's "Sith Trials" of sorts.

Mist
cool. i hope they mention that in ep3

mossman
S'cuse me - but what happened to:

"The person who ordered the Clones was seen onscreen in AOTC" - Pablo

Seems to me that:

One of your former confidants at the Jedi Temple has perceived the coming change, Sidious had told him. This one has contacted a group of cloners, regarding the creation of an army for the Republic.

Means Palpatine himself ordered the clones.

Mist
??? please explain?

Mist
maybe 'the person who ordered the clones was seen onscreen' could not actually mean physically onscreen as a character, but maybe there was a bust of him in the jedi library where dooku's bust was. do we even know what sifo dyas looks like?

mossman
Palpatine orders the Clones.
Tells Dooku that Sifo did it.
He didn't.

Mist
i get what your saying now, but before ot didnt make sense to me. how would sifo dyas have contaced the cloners about an army, if dooku was the one who chose jango to be the prime clone?

mossman
I thought I just explained?

Sifo never contacted the Cloners.
Sidious did.
He let Dooku believe it was Sifo to test Dooku's loyalty - to see if he would kill a fellow (or former fellow) Jedi.
Then Dooku erased Kamino and followed up the order, contacting Jango.

Mist
is this your theory or actual facts?

Mist
im just gonna slow down a bit here.....so....
sidious placed an order for the clones, knowing they would be useful in the future. he then tells dooku that sifo dyas placed the order, and tells dooku that sifo dyas must be killed off.
but, sifo dyas had no idea about the clones? sidious just wanted to see if dooku could kill another jedi as a loyalty promise type thing?

mossman
Yeah, that's what makes sense to me, based on this info (if it is true).
If Sifo-Dyas really ordered the Clones, he did so behind the Council's back.
Mace and Yoda don't remember authorisation for such an action, remember.

It has been set up as a mystery, the person who ordered the Clones.
It would be a great gag if it was revealled that it really was Sifo, but not one that I think GL would pull.
I for one wouldn't be amused - why present it as a mystery if what we learned in AOTC was true?
Waste of plot time.

Sidious wants the army.
He ordered it and hung it on the Jedi.
Even his apprentice doesn't know he did it.

Just my opinion, but I can't see it being Sifo.

Mist
the mystery part was supposed to show us that there is confusion within the jedi temple. the dark side has been clouding the force, and not even the safest place - jedi temple - can be left untouched by corruption. the jedi start losing their ability to see through the force, hence, why thethe whole mystery has surfaced. if the clones were ordered long before TPM, the jedi could have sensed the creation and deception within their temple.

also, in the novels by timothy zahn, luke has a strange feeling when clones are present. is this just sensed by him, or would the whole jedi order have the same feelings?

mossman
Okay then, lets agree to disagree smile

You say Sifo ordered the clones.
I say Palpatine did, and this is not revealed until later in the book.

Mist
im not saying sifo did, im just putting both stories together and seeing which one is more likely. i dont have an opinion of who ordered the clones, ill wait until it is actually confirmed in ep3. i like speculation!smile

Milosz006
This may be a silly question, but do we know for shure that sifo-dias is dead? Perhaps Dooku defeated him but could not yet bring himself to kill a Jedi, so instead he told him to leave the Order and hide himself.

We know from Pabs that the person who ordered the clones was on-screen in Episode II so perhaps Sifo had a cameo.

Ushgarak
Just wanting to stamp down on this one- Surgent, you mean non-canon, NOT EU.

Again, this is referred to in the sticky thread at the top of the main page. 'EU' is not a term that refers to all non-canon products, EU is a term for a line of products that happen to be non-canon. There are plenty of other products which are not EU and not canon either- the best example is the website.

DenKi
i really hope its all explained it EP3, wot do u think?

NoMeN
i dont understand anything!

chilled monkey
Interesting.

I wonder, if the Jedi took part in a conflict against Grievous's race, could that be why he hates Jedi?

eXSBass
I think, Dooku ordered the clones. Sifo Dias was then murdered by Dooku because Sidious told him to. It also is a red herring for the Jedi Council to distract them into thinking Sifo Dias ordered the clones. He then told Jango Dooku goes by the name of Tyranus which in my eyes, explains everything even AotC and TPM.

Darth Pablus
huh I have a theory about Sifo and GG. I think GG is Sifo Dyas. Perhaps Sifo was a Jedi left for dead sometime ago during some kind of battle. Then after he was mechanized swore revenge against the Jedi for abandoning him. Perhaps that is why he hunts them. This is just a thought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.