Santa being ban in some schools!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
I was inform that santa is ban from some schools because the teachers there think it may offend someone./
That is so stupid whiy would it offend someone?I am jewish and I don't care if we have santa decortions or anythiing like that.
Can anyone believe this?JM mad

Clovie
For me it is insane that some schools refuse to put of decorasions just of political corectness confused
in my school there always have been chirstmas tree in thr hall erm

Imperial_Samura
But then political correctness is not always logical, and can go to far. It has already occurred here in Australia. A number of prominent day care centres this year pulled most of the Christmas themes, so as to "not offend" and there are similar cases. I think it is a bit over the top, but it seems to be becoming more and more each year.

Jackie Malfoy
But why I ask you?I doubt it very much if it offend anyone.It does not offend me at all.JM

Imperial_Samura
To save money on decorations, with an ingenious cover story so that they can avoid being called scrooges?

A4E
lol i second that!!

finti
xmas aint a happy time for everyone, so for some the absence of a santa wont remind them of the horror xmas are

Napalm
I cant believe they banned santa!

Afro Cheese
That seems pretty stupid and pointless. Just shows you what kind of problems the schools are working to fix these days. Forget about the violence or drugs.. down with Christmas.

Linkalicious
I think it would be a great idea for schools to openly embrace all forms of the winter holidays.

At my school Christmas was generally the most celebrated holiday so Christmas decorations were cool...and the teacher even put up a tree in her homeroom and stuff.

On the first day of Hanukkah we had the only 2 Jewish children in our class bring in dradles and basically they taught us how to play with the dradle using peanuts.

It was weird at the time, but looking back....it was an educational experience. I mean, how many people here truly know that much about Kwanzaa or some other celebrated holidays?

I just see it as another form of cultural education.

finti
never had very much xmas decoration around the schools I attended but the first 9 years we had the advent thing at school

Jackie Malfoy
The school I go to have alot of Christmas stuff up including all the holidays and even a statue of mary and Joey and Baby jesus.And I go to a public school.
I am not offended by it at all.It is stupid to be offended by something like santa.JM

WindDancer
Good Ol' Saint Nick ain't what it used to be. Times change...

Darth Revan
I would like to remind JM that she is obviously not in fact a very devout Jew...

I'm surprised that so many people are surprised by this... I've gone to public school my whole life and aside from the occasional passing out of candy canes, or playing Christmas songs in band, it's never showed up at school. That being said, if I were religious and non Christian, I doubt I would be offended by it. It's not really a religious thing anyways, more of a cultural thing.

ragesRemorse
This just pisses me the F.UCK off. I saw on the news recently that some schools across the nation of America Are not decorating for X-mas becuase it may offend some Rug head. If your going to be offended by a holiday that has been celebrated in America since the birth of America, you need to get the F.Uck out of this country. If Christmas decorations do offend you, and you feel it is breaching you personall emotions and general area of person, then i hope your ass hole closes. I cant believe this country anymore. This country is more for foreigners than Americans.

Imperial_Samura
And Santa should appeal to all, as he is the symbol of Capitalism, a religion that effects everyone in some way or another.... ninja

Adam_PoE
I take it you would not object to Diwali, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or Ramadan decorations in schools then?

SlipknoT
The world is becoming to politically correct.

Imperial_Samura
"I take it you would not object to Diwali, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or Ramadan decorations in schools then?"

I don't know about others, but I would like to see such celebrations shown in schools if they have people of that faith there. I find other cultures fascinating, and I think others deserve equal respect. Still, I don't see any reason why Christmas shouldn't be celebrated in a school as well. Especially as for most part people of other cultures don't seem to have a problem with it. As JM pointed out, she doesn't mind. Here in Australia recently there has been political controversy at people trying to "hide" Christmas, so not to offend, which seemed funny when a number of prominent non-Christians stepped forward and said they didn't mind - It was a nice time of year, with a good message, even if one didn't believe in the story behind it.

MC Mike
They should have all the religions in the school have their own bit of decoration, or do what they are doing now - no decorations at all.

BackFire
Anyone who is offended by Santa is an idiot, or any decoration of any particular holiday. Much like Kyles mom in South Park.

barbarossa
Backfire, you should dress up like santa! wink

BackFire
I might do that for my GF

Jedi Priestess
Ive heard of this, it's pretty much like some scho0ols dont have Halloween parties anymore they have "Fall Festivals" becuase there will be a few kids who's parents are offended. My opinion on this is, if you dont want your child participating in Halloween parties or Christmas parties then keep them home from school that day. Simple as that.

finti
should the school mark Ramamdan in a way too

botankus
This seems like a lot of trouble to not offend people who, five minutes after rejoicing that there is no Santa statue at their little school, can turn on the television and enjoy a no-talent diva wearing a G-string while getting groped by five dancers for a music video. And then switch to the News to see how many people were stabbed yesterday in the downtown area of their city.

People need to get a life!

Bardock42
I don't like santa. I am a Pepsi fan.

liltiggasmootay
i dont get why people would get offended....its not really a religous thing.....santa, his elfs and reindeer wasnt in the bible and we christians dont pray to them lol. Its just a story to make children believe in something and get excited about.....just like the tooth fairy. like yes its on jesus's brithday but it doesnt really have anything to do with our religion...its something fun for everyone...if your a different religion or no religion. Its all just for fun and its all a materialistic thing. like actually its not really a christian thing to set up a tree and give gifts....some christians get mad about that because people are forgetting the meaning of christmas and think its just about gifts. In that way i can see people getting offended....but other then that i think its dumb.

WindDancer
Okay, I'm gonna come out and say it.....School is a place for education NOT for Religious festivities. There I said it....

Bardock42
I'm gonna say it now.... winddancer is right.

But Christmas is not a real Religious Festival even though some Christians want to put it that way.

ragesRemorse
How do you figure? I mean really, how is christmas not a religous holiday? It is true that the birt of Christ has become slightly replaced with Santa clause, but at the core and essence of christmas it is still about the birth of Christ. This has changed much, It is more a lucrative holiday rather than caring and giving, but is still a day to celebrate the birth of christ.

Bardock42
well yeah but look if the jews came and said easter is now the birthday of moses and we celebrate that, and some years later a big company makes it even less religious I think eastern wouldn't be a jewish holiday, I think Christmas is a holiday were we celebrate a set of values many peopk,e think are good, of course it is based around that birth of christ (even though it contradicts to what is said in the bible) but it is mopre of a holiday for everyone. Eastern now that is a real Christian Holiday.

crickey77
I remember when I was growing up we would celebrate all the holidays. At our little holiday recital, we would sing songs about christmas and hannukah. I think that is the best way to do it. My mom is a kindergarten teacher and she said one of her kids is a jehovah's witness so he can't celebrate any holidays with the other kids - including thanksgiving, christmas, halloween...

ragesRemorse
So a holiday is defined as a holiday by thew ay it is celebrated, and by the way people celebrate it?

Bardock42

liltiggasmootay
yeah that whole halloween thing is stupid too....people dont think halloween is a good idea cause its evil....and worshiping satan. thats bullshit! kids dress up like fairies, it doesnt mean there worshiping the devil...people are dumb.

Bardock42
Indeed, shouldn't have anything to do with school though

Napalm
Well if they dress up like fairies there's something wrong with them

Bardock42
haha
whats against fairies

Napalm
Nobody likes faries especially the ones that come from gay pride festivals

angelsflame265
banning santa is the saddest thing I think i've ever heard

Bardock42

Napalm
I never said that it was sadder that that

angelsflame265
i ment sad as in dumb . . . don't ask

Bardock42
eah I know but really that is actually a good move why should any holidays be celebrated in school?

Reborn Again
This political correctness and religion rightousness is getting way outta hand. No matter what you do someone will be offended. You can't make everyone happy, so why make the majority miserable with crap like that? The idea of Santa has been around for over 100 years (Coca Cola creation), and he stands for everything happy and nice.

Though if you read into the songs about him, "He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake; he knows when you've been bad or good..." if you think political correctness he's a stalker. *lol* And he believes in home invasion. *lolx2*

yerssot
Wrong. I suggest you read this:
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/santa.asp

Bardock42
But the Santa as he is today was created by them.

yerssot
santa is santa though

Bardock42
Oh well

darktim1
People are so up tight these days that no one can do anything during Christmas time it's like you can't even display nativity scene decoration and to take Santa out of schools that is pathetic hell they even band Christmas carols all I have to say to those who hate Christmas is that's just to d.. bad that we all are happy and your not so from me to you Merry Christmas and have happy new year.If anyone told me to take my decorations down I would say get off my property before call the cops and the ACLU they are the main problem first they go after Santa and decorations next they'll say it's unconstitutional to go to church on Christmas eve all I have to say to ACLU up yours.

Bardock42
Its not aboot banning christmas at all but only from schools which should be secular places of wisdom at least in my important opinion

Imperial_Samura
True, but still, its a bit like hanging a happy birthday banner, or wearing a beanie to a foot ball match, its sometimes just nice to celebrate something, to do something festive, something fun, for what is, to many people, an important time, sticking a plastic Santa up is just getting into the festive spirit which would effect the people any way, be it through whats on TV, or what the rest of the world is doing....etc

Adam_PoE
The following article is by Eric Zorn and originally appeared in December 7th, 2004 edition of the Chicago Tribune.

liltiggasmootay
all i know is I enjoy getting a break from school at christmas, and other holidays....and even the holidays that u dont get outta school....its still more fun day at school. smile

sim0921
At my school we didnt have any decorations, until the last day, they put an ugly little tree in front.
Oh well, i didnt really give a sh*t erm.

Jedi Priestess
Why does this bug you so much? I mean seriously? Does this cause you physical discomfort? It's just a holiday, and school Christmas parties are just something to break up the day right before break, there are no religious connotations involved in a public school. Get a grip people.

Bardock42
No I really don't care but why does it bug you so much that it happened?

Filth
I think Santa should be banned from schools and from product marketing, i find it ludicrous the was someone will pay extra for a product just because it has Santa or like wise on it.

Another point is that Santa has nothing to do with any religion he is mealy a marketing product/a lie to children, i take great satisfaction in the stupidity of parents who take there children to visit Santa in there local super store (this is drawing attention to the store, as i said mealy a marketing product) and expect the children to belief that it is the real thing then when they find out he is not real they are sad, true i don't give a s*it about the sadness of that child, in fact i find it amusing to see there very souls destroyed when they find out that they were living a lie but my point is still there big companies use Santa to attract children to buy/want there product.

And why is Santa an anagram of Satan???

Bardock42
thats true and claus is an anagram of lucas
THe master of merchandising

Filth
Hmmm

The "santa" franchies is the greatest evil ever to be cast up on this earth, i mean how much must them guys make?

Bardock42
what?

Filth
^read edit

Jerico
Santa has become a corporate whore. The whole Christmas thing has been so commercilized and exploited it isn't funny. It's not a celebration of anything but greed!

Bardock42
I think Santa should wear Pepsi Colors

Filth
That is true its lost meaning, tho i despise the true meaning of christmas it was much better than this commercial(sp?) arms race

hayden's minx
Well, my friend was talking to me on the phone saying in England, they were considering banning the word christmas and any celebration of it, because it may offend muslims. She said they had a point,making it more widely available to people from different cultures, calling it 'Winterfest'. For goodness sakes, it's about the birth of Jesus, it's a christian celebration. I don't mind santa, he can be enjoyed by people from a commercial view I guess. But if they ban christmas, I might just complain that Divali offends me.

Filth
You have a point there, i live in england and i never head of the "winterfest" tho it sounds like a good idea to me as a hate christianityt, saying that tho i do think that this contry is becoming to pc

I suppose santa should not be banned because younger people like him, but making money of him should be banned as it is destorting the meaning of christmas.

hayden's minx
Yes I don't believe in profiting from christmas, although I love gifts, so I guess I am inadvertantly hypocritical. Oh well. Even if you hate christianity, Santa is good for loads of little athiest children to enjoy.
I believe in equal oportunities, so I stand by what I said before, Christmas goes ... Divali goes.

Filth
Divali???

§H@Ñ€
i think that all religeon should be taken out of schools. suck as 'CHRISTmas break' should be winter break. and the muslom kids shouldn't be able to get out of class to pray. and no clothing that deals with ones beliefs and practices. and i'm a 10th grader, FYI. just so you would know a another students oppinon

Jerico
I think the jerks in all religion should stop being offended, everyone should just keep to their own kind and shut the **** up

Filth
Very true, all religions do is start wars with each other, even Christianity preaches genocide

sim0921
Christmas kinda pi$$es me off.
I mean, as you said, ppl use 'santa' commercially. At this time of year, there are santas everywhere in stores, in commercials, etc.
Also, the traffic is f*ckin annoying mad
Guys, i dont see why banning santa in schools is such a big problem erm.

Filth
As i said earlyer, santa proberly should be left but making money of him should not be alowed, as should making money of religion

I hate christmas to, dont real know why i celebrate it i f**king hat chrstianity still get lots of free stuff thats good big grin

§H@Ñ€
i think the reason some ppl get so mad about there religious stuff being banned is because they feel that the thing that spacific group believs in should be intwined with all things, like in the pleadge of aliegence, school break titles, the law, how the nation in run, etc...

frodo34x
People say I'm satanic for playing Pen-and-Paper RPG's...

Filth
And people say im satanic because i worship satan

SlipknoT
Now why ever would they say that?

Bardock42
indeed I can understand why people that play oen & paper RPG are considered satanic, but filth? No way.

frodo34x
"My son Played Dungeons and Dragons and now he's killed himself! Holy Crusades!"

Bardock42
Yeah and he probabvly was ate sometimes too, ban eating I say

finti
time for jesus dude being baned

Dwarfdude
Strange that a country that has a redneck for a president, would seek to be so politically correct.

By worshipping satan, Filth, I'm assuming you mean Bush? For you see, they are one and the same. Least, the latter is spawn of the former.

Hurray for Bush-bashing day. w00t

Filth
lol no i think bush is more evil big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.