Steven Spielbergs Dual

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
Duel is a great film and probably inspired the movie roadkill
anyone else saw this?

Cinemaddiction
I rented "Duel" about 2 weeks ago and really, really enjoyed it. It was a precursor to Spielberg's greatness to come, given the extremely low budget and raw production value of it all. I'd even go as far as to claim it was ahead of its time. Funny to imagine it was a TV movie first, then ended up on the big screen.

It definately influenced movies like "Joy Ride" and "Jeepers Creepers" in parts.

MildPossession
Yep, enjoyed Duel quite a lot, good 70's film.

dean7879
is joyride the american name cos i think it was called roadkill here in the uk??
i remember seeing dual when i was about 10 and a few weeks ago i had this urge to watch it again...it took me a while to remember what the name of the film was...i just remembered the end scene.....my film studies teacher borrowed it me and i loved it..the genious of spielberg smile
those american back roads are scary...id have nightmares about riding down them lol especially with crazy drivers on the loose

<<Solo>>
I don't think so, Roadkill is a totally different movie.

dean7879
no i just checked...roadkill is the uk and austrailian name for joyride

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, the alternate title for the 2001 "Joyride" was "Roadkill" in the UK/Oz. There are actually two actual "Joyride" movies. There's 2001 "Joy Ride" with Paul Walker and Steve Zahn, and 1996 "Joyride" with Tobey Maguire.

dean7879
what did u think of joyride?
i think it was decent as far as i can remember

MildPossession
American back roads are lovely to drive on, go on loads of them when I am over there.

Joyride for me was enjoyable, the Walker one, some good scenes.

dean7879
cool
im gonna go to america when im a bit older..cant wait

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.