Is it possible to love more than one person at once?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rosen Amernans
And I don't just mean thinking mmm, they're nice drool

I mean being heart-breakingly, irrevocably in love with more than one person. And wanting them both/all but not wanting to hurt anyone?

in_love

*Danii*
Yes.

Clovie
it complicated, maybe you think you love them both, but in real you love just one of them

T.M
i think it is possible

Canadian Moose
Yes....although it may be that you simply love certain things about one or the other....

vaya_the_elf
I would say no. You can only love one person. You might have more than one crush, but not truely love two peoples. Plus its not fair to either of them.

*Danii*
It is, it has to be, cos if you can love more than one person in your life, why not at the same time?

Londonboy7
U can love 2 people but its really un fair

vaya_the_elf
It's very unlikely. Probably that you have a crush on two people, or there could be many other reasons.

~Rad~
No, of course not. I think that you can love one person and be truly in love with another. There's a difference.yes It just takes some time and serious consideration to figure it out, that's all.confused

Anna85
Yeah
why not huh
take my example
laughing out loud

Rosen Amernans
Wise words, but where do you draw the line?

Rosen Amernans
Unfair on who? Them or you?

Df02
no its not, but its nothing to do with selfishness.
how i describe love itd be be impossible to love two people, since love to me can only be to one person, or else neither is properly love

LordKerrigor
sure theres someone for everyone..... sometimes theres 2 someones for a person and thats what you call the jackpot

Londonboy7
Them

silver_tears
Yes it's possible, you might just love them in different ways and to different degrees, but nothing really sets guidelines to love.

Rosen Amernans
Like the idea of a soulmate?

And what would you call the intense feelings which are not love by your definition?

~Rad~
Well, I think it's quite simple, really. The difference is sometimes hard to see, but there's always that one thing about a certain person that no-one else has. I'm mean, when you find them, you just know it. But really the main thing is to go to who your heart leads you to. And you'll find that there's no-one else you'd rather be with.confused

~Rad~
My definition; infatuation.

angelsflame265
I don't think so. . .but I wouldn't call it selfishness

Rosen Amernans
Isn't any love infatuation of a sort "foolish, extravagant passion"?

Or as I asked earlier, do you believe in a search for a sort of soulmate?

Rose of Isis
Love, in my eyes, could extend to any number of people, if one 's devotion could be spread that far. The nigh obsessive nature of love, though, demands the focus of the mind almost constantly. I believe it is possible, yes, and that if they are not simultaneously attainable without risk of harm to anyone, then it can be a great emotional strain.
But common beliefs restrict people's views and few people, it seems, are willing to accept the idea of shared love.

Jackie Malfoy
Yep it is possible.I never did but I know alot of people who liked two guys at the same time.Now she has to pick one of them.Lucky for me I have one man my boyfriend!JM

Londonboy7
That I would think is a crush

Ronny
in my opinion, No. i think you may have feelings for another person while your inlove but i think you cant fall in love twice

~Rad~
Infatuation is where you think you love this person, but actually just want them for their looks, or something like that. Then there's lust; you want them only for their sex appeal.

Yes, I believe there's someone for everyone.

eggmayo
I think I do...

Df02
not quite as strong as a soulmate, but i dont beleive that you can properly love 2 people at any one time... itd either be lust or infatuation or another strong feeling of connection with the person.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.