Should Deltora Quest become a Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elanna Riddle
Hello to all the readers out there.
If you have read the 'Deltora Quest series' written by Emily Rodda, and enjoyed it, i have a question for you.
Should they make movies about it?

Because I can
The thing is, if they make a movie bout it, then it might wreck some of the things people have pictured in their minds, but it might help others. You get most of the pictures in your head if u've read Deltora book of monsters... GO STEVEN AND NEVETS!!! big grin

Elanna Riddle
I surpose, it could wreak some people perspective, but they've made, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and a Series of Unfortunate Events, into movies and they turned out alright.
And you're right STEVEN AND NEVETS ROCK.

MC John 117
You are the only other people I know of who've admitted to reading "Deltora Quest"....stick out tongue

Elanna Riddle
i know a few people who have read DQ.
I got one of my friends hooked on it last year. And we were borrowing each others book and junk.
We even convinced the school libarein to order the rest of the series (They only have 1,2,3 and 8, of the first series)
DQ is just starting to come out into the open, it will possibley be as popular as Harry Potter soon, i mean last year nobody i knew, had any clue who Lemoney Snicket was, and now they do.
As i said it'll probally be the next book craze

ARC Trooper 117
Possibly.....

lief2345
hello fellow deltora fans i think that deltora quest is the best thing to happen to the world. big grin and as long as they dont pick some animation(if they decide to make it animated) and the thing that bothers me in the books they say that lief and jasmine are holding hands and in the 3rd series 2nd book they say that jasmine hugs lief and yet they dont actually say that they love each other embarrasment and if they were going to make a movie i would sit down and watch it forever

cool jasmine and lief rool cool

lief2345
ive bin on warez to find some music to be in the film so far i have angel 1 hold me tonight and heaven by dj sammie

Elanna Riddle
Okay i'm glad some response is starting on, this thread, so if it became a movie, who would you have direct it.
I would say Peter Jackson. But i'd have Steve Kloves write the script (as he followed the HP series so well)
What do you guys think?
(Just out of gernal intrest)

lief2345
im just an average 11 year old im not with the crew and just out of curiosity how old are you guys?

lief and jasmine lief and jasmine cool

Elanna Riddle
I'm 15 going on 16 in october, just an average book worm

lief2345
im glad your not mad at me and today i got my teacher to get some of the class to vote.happy

GO LIEF AND JASMINE!

lief2345
reading reading reading reading reading reading reading

flee the evil 1
heya all,

im a massive DQ fan n as far as i am concerned DQ is the best story ever happy

i read a interview wid Emily Rodda n she said that a Japanese company was interested in making it into an Anime. i would prefer a live action movie though- made in Australia preferably!

Lief and Jasmine are so cute together!!!

lief2345
first of all yeah they are arent they and thank u 4 voting

flee the evil 1
hey, no problems!

i was just happy to find other DQ fans smile

i managed to get a stack of my friends addicted at school + even my little sister who never reads has just started the first book n can't put it down!

lief2345
i got some of my class to vote and my brother doesnt even read the books and he wants them to make it a movie.

lief2345
im reading the shadowlands 4 the 3rd time i just love it so much love

lief and jasmine love barda and lindal love
i think it is offically safe to say..........LOVE IS IN THE AIR

flee the evil 1
yeah, i read the series again every school holidays and 2nite am finishing off with the 'Sister of the South' b4 school starts again 2morrow.

it's always so sad when the books come to an end!

lief2345
u liar u cant have sister of the south it isnt out yet

flee the evil 1
ok, perhaps i forgot to mention that i live in Australia.

it has been out here since October the 7th last year. there was a 5 month wait between the 3rd n 4th book instead of the normal 3 which was long enough. it drove me insane!

trust me, it's well worth the wait though ...

wink

lief2345
sorry about that my brother told me that right after i sent the reply thought, i still dont like how slow its coming out in canada wacko

Elanna Riddle
Hi everyone i just started yr 10 so i haven't read this all in a while,
I really am pleased with the result of the poll,
The reason 'Sister of the South came out in Australia first is cause it was most likely published here as Emily grew up in Austraila.
(I read alot about the authors of my fav books :readingsmile

And i surpose an anime of DQ may not be too bad, cause that way they can get the descriptions of the characters more percise,

(I am still mad at the people who made HP, cause Harry's eyes weren't green in any of the close ups :madsmile

And the Ols and Nevets will be less cost efficant, plus it saves time, and remeber they have made cartoons into live movies (Spiderman)
What would be better if Emily got DQ to be a cartoon, instead of a movie make it a mini series, cause then they wouldn't have to cut stuff out. If it was live, then it would be easier to hide some of the cut bits cause you can black out, at certain bits.

I'm brainstorming here, BTW. stick out tongue

With cost wise, with HP it was already a very popular book, and i mean very so they had profits from all the book sales, not the Emily hasn't got that but, everyone knows that Jk is one of the richest authors on the planet.
So if Emily wants to do a cartoon version of DQ i'm cool, if its a TV series or movies series, i don't care as long as it's on some sort of screen.

(As you can probaly tell by now DQ and HP are my fav books, DQ first, as i wouldn't have the guts to have read HP without it.)

EMILY RODDA ROCKS
rock

BardaBlobO.o
hi im on the 7th dq book. its good but the 3rd is the best. they DEFINATELY make a movie. ok bye. Happy Dance

Elanna Riddle
Hi
One of my friends was reading this they reckon that DQ has to be ive movie.
Just thought i'd say that for her

DQ ROCKS

flee the evil 1
it could be easily made into a tv series. there used to be stacks of long running tv series aimed at children in Australia that had an fantasy/adventure kind of twist to them, but unfortunately they seem to have gone out of fashion of late.

i cant see any reasons not to take a gamble on a movie though. with enough hype, it would be easy to fill the cinema seats.

lief2345
i guess it would be ok if they made a cartoon series but what about when it goes off the air, then what. it would be much better if it was made into a movie

and three days ago I got my friend hooked on the series and I asked him about and he saidhe cant PUT IT DOWN

BardaBlobO.o
i cant wait t get done with this series so i can start the Shadowlands and the dragons one. are they better? thumb up or thumb down

BardaBlobO.o
PS: i dont want them to make cartoons, a movia would be fine because if they made a cartoon id miss it all sad but if they did THAT WOULD BE COOL ALSO!!!!! ok bye.

BardaBlobO.o
oops i meant movie

Elanna Riddle
i never said it wouldn't become a live movie, i mean spiderman was a comic then cartoon series then a live movie.
The same could happen with DQ.
But all my mates at school reckon it make a good live movie even those who haven't read the books just heard of them.
yes
And the special effects won't be too hard.
The real problem is how to let the audince know what powers the gems have. It's never really said out loud, unless they do a small prelude at the beginning with young Lief in the blacksmith learning out of the 'the belt of deltora' book, or something.
confused

lief2345
one thing they cant make it live cause they would get stuck on the second series they cant get islands underground so they would have to make it a cartoon series

lief2345
actually it would be better if they made it with the animation that marc mcbride used

BardaBlobO.o
guys you should face it there not making movies or cartoons, bt i wish they would. they should also make games. rolling on floor laughing

BardaBlobO.o
wow you guys didn't talk today mad

Elanna Riddle
well you guys are on the otherside of the world from, me.
Most of youre replies are sent while i'm at school or asleep.sleep
Plus i just started yr 10. smart
So don't get offended if i don't answer back for a bit.
cool Hey have you guys ever heard of the G'day USA thing, where some Aussie students go over to the states to stay with an american family.
(I would go, but i have over-protective parents, it gets annoying but i love em love )

BardaBlobO.o
happy valentines day! and i cant keep the news in sick I FINSISHED THE LAST BOOK!!!!! eek! i couldnt beleive that dain was evil! i thought doom was What the f**k?

BardaBlobO.o
im gonna start the shadowlands or dragons of del series soon cantr wait! have you guys read both serieses yet? which one should i do? confused

Elanna Riddle
hey Emily is a good mystery writer, i thought Jasmine was the heir since book one embarrasment until my brother got the last book and spoilt it mad
And doom is a mysterious character, plus i thought Dain was a poor person who had got caught up in the middle of it all, whos parents had lied to him about his identity, but then he turned out to be evil and i stopped pitying him.

Read the shadolands series first as it comes next in the story line.
A few new characters come out in it, so you'll just get confused if you read DQ3 before DQ2-shadowlands.

lief2345
guys they would get stuck on the second series u cant get islands underground,they should have to make it with marc mcbride's animation or something mad

why dont u guys listen
mad

BardaBlobO.o
thanks for the info, didnt know that there was an order except the plain deltora quest came first. the mad thing looks funny. all along i thought that the heir was dead but then the elt would fall apart, i never knew lief would be the heir because his dad even said that the heir is in hiding. confused i cant wait to start shadowlands! do they kill the shadowlord? does lief jas or barda die?

BardaBlobO.o
why cant i type right? embarrasment i meant the belt would fall apart not the elt.

lief2345
hahahahhahahahahahahhAHAHHAHAHAHHA no no one dies

ehehehhehehehehehehhehehhehehhbehe

Elanna Riddle
DON"T SPOIL IT TO MUCH
And lief2345 is right a cartoon series would be better at the 'moment'.
i don't think high tech movie making technoogy is ready for a live version of deltora quest, in a few years (hopefully) it will get better and may be ready for such a high tech costly live movie.
As i said in an earlier reply for all those people who want it to be a live one. Spiderman was a cartoon once, so why can't DQ be a cartoon then become a live movie. Plus their are such things as re-makes. eg Star Wars trillogy(4, 5, 6) was remade about.....errr...7 years after it was oridinonally made (mabye, can't remember).
I mean 20 years from now they could have cartoon versions of HP, LOTR and SOUE.
So a Cartoon would be cool.
Besides its easier to draw cartoons then live people and i like drawing stuff. To add to this if its cartoon they already have a base from some fo the monsters, from the 'Deltora Book of Monsters'
And with molst cartoons you have to desgin a base for the charater or monster/creature/animal.
And they could go the next step up and do a computer generated version of it (like Shrek), in a way thats a cross between live and cartoon (in my opion)

flee the evil 1
i don't get to reply much now sad year 11 isnt very fun but is very busy...

i guess it took them sumthing like 50 years to turn LOTR into a live movie n they r my favs but im hopin DQ wont take that long!

BardaBlobO.o
maybe you guys should email some directer and tell him to make a movie. LOTR wasnt a cartoon so Deltora Quest doesnt have to be either.

Elanna Riddle
i know its doesn't have to be a cartoon and don't worry 'flee the evil 1'
it won't take as long it only took a while for LOTR cause when it was written it was WW2 or something so they didn't have the technology to make it a good movie, DQ was only written about a year after HP&TPS came out.
and i am planning on finding the some directors emails, if not fan-mail them or find address. (I will find them, don't you worry, i don't give up easy)
Although I'll email Emily first incase she's already organising it, to be a movie (hey she is the author and has a write)
And i'll check both her names, as well

lief2345
well i dont even know why u guys are doing this if there will be no responce to our "pleads" unless one of u can get to talk to emily rodda somehow. shifty shifty

BardaBlobO.o
elanna riddle sed shes gonna email emily rodda. i didnt knowe she has two names.

Elanna Riddle
Emily Rodda's real name is Jennifer Rowe, which she uses for her adult mystery books, i did a project on her last year for English, and i'll do my best to contact her, if not there is always fan-mail.
And it is more popular then SOUE, so it will be noticed soon, the reason it hasn't been mentioned is probaly cause HP is a fantasy/adventure series as well, DQ is mostly fantasy/adventure with a hint of mystery.

BardaBlobO.o
emily rodda changed her name?! wats SOUE? series of unfortunate events? when are you going to email her?

BardaBlobO.o
i eat scabs and boogers (anyones) just kidding im bored and i have nothing to do and you guys havent talked yet

BardaBlobO.o
waiting

BardaBlobO.o
i just cant wait until shadowlands comes out!

Elanna Riddle
shadowlands will come, be patient.
And i'll email a message about this as soon as i can find a suitable email, for either emily or her publisher scholastic, as its more likely to be able to find that address.
Plus my email account won't work for the one i triedto send to scholastic, so something is wrong with my email

flee the evil 1
poor you BardaBlobO.o having to wait even longer then the rest of us sad

hang in there... the wait is deffinently worth it wink

BardaBlobO.o
no i was joking saying that i cant wait for it to come out. laughing

BardaBlobO.o
you guys going to type this month?

Elanna Riddle
sorry year 10... no fun....
major work load,
I wish I was in lower classes, then what I'm in.
Sometimes I hate being smart smart

flee the evil 1
yes, now i intend to type...

from any of the 3 Deltora Quest Series, wot is your fav book? I think i like 'The Shadowlands' and 'Shadowgate' the most, but my fav kind of changes from tym 2 tym. 'The Sister of the South' has my fav line in it though... whistle

Elanna Riddle
Can't pick on my fav book, they are too good.....
But i like the sister series the most cause one of my theroys was confirmed in the last chapter of the 'The Sister of the South'
big grin

flee the evil 1
yeah, The Sister of the South was an excellent ending!

i liked how it showed that that there is always a choice between good and evil and that no matter how hard it may seem, the right choice can always be made. Doom is a real testement to this. He Rocks!

if you could turn DQ into movies tomorrow, who do you think could be cast for the characters?
i would probably cast David Wenham as Barda. that i am pretty much sure of!

BardaBlobO.o
wat happens at the end? Doom does something?

Elanna Riddle
If you've read SotS, then you'll know, won't spoil it though NO ONE ELSE SPOIL IT EITHER.
And i haven't the faintest idea who could play who.

Krystaldragon
Hello everyone! ya, we should try not to spoil things heresmile and, now that I think about it, David Wenham would be a good Barda, and it would be very hard to cast the others, I would have to go look at people and seebig grin I think it might work better as a mini series, or a tv show, it could work as a cartoon, or maybe something CGI, like reboot or something, that would be interesting, as long as there was a lot of the key parts in it, it would be cool

lief2345
hey everyone that might look at this page i have one thing to say "join the club we've got jackets" and i dont really know who to play in it. huh

Elanna Riddle
OKAY WHOEVER SAID NO TO DQ BECOMING A MOVIE, FEST UP.
(You're not in trouble, just want to know why stick out tongue )

lief2345
krystaldragon i looked at your drawings page there better than i can draw (and u should hear my class when i draw all u hear is ooooooh aaaaaahhhhhhh) anyhoo in that picture of the dragons of del thats jasmine a lief right?

Krystaldragon
Originally posted by lief2345
krystaldragon i looked at your drawings page there better than i can draw (and u should hear my class when i draw all u hear is ooooooh aaaaaahhhhhhh) anyhoo in that picture of the dragons of del thats jasmine a lief right?

Thank You,
Ya thats Lief and Jasmine, that was so fun to draw! Did you see my picture of kree there too?

liefs_gurl
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad i FINALLY found people who like DQ !!!!1 my friend got me TOTALLY hooked last year and im now OBSESSED!!!!!! Lief and Jas. make a SUPER good couple and in the book 3Shawdowland as all u SHOULD know it says 'My love for Jasmine' (Lief was thinkin it) well yeah uh

I TOTALLY THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE

I HAVE ALL THE BOOKS : Forests of Silence - Return to Del : Cavern of Fear - ShadowGate and now im ordering Isle of the Dead and Sister of the south from the book order and i bought The Deltora Book of Monsters from Chapters!

WELL LATER

Liefs Gurl (Canada)

lief2345
hey liefs gurl wats your name and how old r u (just out of curiosity and out of all the things that happened in the book between lief and jasmine you pick that (WHAT ABOUT THE TIME THEY WERE HOLDING HANDS DDDDDUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH)

BardaBlobO.o
leifs gurl be nce please and tell me wat happens in SotS please or i wont like u forever and ill be mean

flee the evil 1
you're not having a fun time waiting are you BardaBlobO.o? laughing

when i let my friend borrow tSotS she immediately skipped to the back page to find out what happend in the end roll eyes (sarcastic) i think that kind of wrecks the excitement a bit but as they say, each to their own.

i remember geting into trouble in class for pointing out to my friend all the L/J stuff in The Shadowlands. How was i supposed to know that "absolute silence" meant no talking?

wink

oh by the way Krystaldragon, all your drawings rocked! r u planing to do more DQ themed ones? i hope so!

Krystaldragon
I was actually planning on making a picture of Lief, Jasmine and Barda, sitting aroung a Fire, Jasmine would be feeding Filli or Kree and Barda would be sharpening his sword maybe, and I don't know what Lief could be doing, looking at the belt maybe, not sure yet, but I am gonna try and make that. oh and thanks for saying that my drawings are goodwink

lief2345
i think lief should be like petting the diamond dragon (if youve read islr of the dead) and i tried to draw one of your pictures but i just cant do it and i hope u make more dq pictures

BardaBlobO.o
i just looked at ur drawings Krystaldragon and well, there not as good as i can draw but hey. Actually there better then mine infact, i havent even tried drawing DQ. i just draw knights and stuff. how do u guys get a website like that? wish i had one.

Krystaldragon
Originally posted by BardaBlobO.o
i just looked at ur drawings Krystaldragon and well, there not as good as i can draw but hey. Actually there better then mine infact, i havent even tried drawing DQ. i just draw knights and stuff. how do u guys get a website like that? wish i had one.

you have to join the site elfwood to get your drawings up on the web, its free but its a little hard, and it takes a little time to actually get your stuff up there

also, what are everyones favorite DQ characters? I am not sure about mine, I love a lot of them cool

BardaBlobO.o
my favorites are barda, doom, and hmmmmmm.... lief maybe. lief or the shadowlord.

lief2345
my favorite characters r jasmine lief prin doom and joseph and why r u going to draw them

*SnOwAnGeL*
Hey Everyone!
FINALLY! I found a sight where people don't diss Deltora. I became Obessessive over Deltora only last month....It was strange. I went from hateing dragons and fantasy to not being able to stop reading them. I already finished the whole Deltora series... I think they should come out with a movie. My bff thinks my neighborhood is a minnie Deltora. cuz I got a pond a long path a open field a "forest" with trees to climb and there is a wolf in my pond so I guess there is danger.....but n.e. way I tried drawing Lief Barda and Jasmine once.....lets just say Lief looked like he got punched in the face. Jasmine looked like a gorilla and Barda was really fat...I'm not a good drawer.....Oh yeah. could sombody please tell me how old people are at the end of Sister of The South?? (not the very end but before Lief and Jasmine and everyone else gets married.)

flee the evil 1
firstly, i luv all the characters in DQ, which is a good thing seeing as if i hate a character that ur suposed to like i won't enjoy the story. i guess if i had to pick my absolute fav would be Doom of Lief.

as for ages, i really couldnt imagine Lief and Jasmine being any older then 18. as for the others im not sure.

rodeoangel
Yeah. that's what I guessed also. My friend thinks there 13 but she only thinks that because SHE wants them to be 13. Today she made a thing called Jasmine snaps. Its hillarious. If n.e one wants to see it tell me and I'll post it here...

rodeoangel
oops sorry I was on my wrong name...I'm also *SnOwAnGeL*. I have a thing with angels if ya'll are wundering.

BardaBlobO.o
am i the only person who likes barda? Barda is the best! You guys need to figure that out. u all like leaf but if leaf and barda fought u all know who would win...... anyways i wanna see the jasmine clips and TELL ME WAT HAPPENS IN THE END OF SOTS!!!!! tell me

rodeoangel
I like Barda. He cool. why don't u just read sots to find out what happens?

BTW does n.e one find it funny (besides me) that Jasmine grew up in trees and she likes a guy named Lief???

flee the evil 1
Yeah, it's something to have a good laugh over. i'm very likely to find most things like that hilarious laughing

rodeoangel
My friend and me are making up songs that should go with scenes with Deltora. Here's what we came up with.

Jasmines theme: I made it throught the wilderness

Liefs them: (unknown)

Barda's theme: (Unknow)

Shifting sands: The gypsy song...

Toran Magic: do you believe in Magic

Flying on Dragons: I believe I can fly.

THats all so far

Elanna Riddle
Hey everyone haven't been on in a while.
I've read all you're posts.big grin
BTW, has anyone have any idea to get the adress or email of an Author, cause before DQ becomes a movie we have to ask Emily Rodda first as it IS her story.
Any way i got bored the other day, and decided to do what i though could be an opening scene for DQ, if it was a movie.
if you want i'll post it, next time, but i'm not a very good, script writter, its how i pictured they could introduce the whole, Belt, Adin, the invasion/when the gems got stolen.
WITHOUT anyone finding out about the switch with Endon and Jarred. (Sorry if you haven't read Return to Del)
As i said its probally not very good, as i only started learning how to script write, last year when i started Drama. But then i always bag out my own writting.
So if you want me to post it, let me know.

Oh and Barda's cool, cause if it wasn't for him, they would of never gone into Wenn Del, and would of gotten rescued by Jasmine.
Plus i wouldn't mind a friend who would jump out of a pouch of a flying Kin, into a raging sea to save me either, like Barda. (Isle of the Dead)

lief2345
ok rodeo thingy magigy dont make fun of dq or i kkkiiiiiiiiilllllllllll u times wat ever num,ber is biggest btw if jasmine was real and was my age i would so be going out with her and anyone who has anything to say about it dies and so ellana you cant get a hold of er (emily rodda) well thats not good!!!!!!!!!!
sad

rodeoangel
huh? when did I make fun of Dq??????????????? mad

rodeoangel
OK b4 that person accuesed me of making fun of Dq and I got mad I was going to ask u all somthing...Was SOTS the last Dq book ever????

flee the evil 1
i hav a feeling that SOTS might be the last sad

Elanna Riddle:- you should post your script, i would very much like to read it!

Elanna Riddle
Okay but don't laugh.
They haven't really left Del yet, if its good i'll try and write more and put it on fanfction.net

Elanna Riddle

rodeoangel
That's good Elanna Riddle. I am writing a sequal to sots. Lief's daughter makes the shadow lord come back and Lief Barda and Jasmine have to go on another quest to destroy him again. And all the evil animals are back to. (I know I'm weird...but I was bored to.) big grin

Elanna Riddle
You like my script big grin
Thanks, I'm thinking of putting it on Fanfiction.com
And its not THAT werid to write Fanfiction. I have about hundred on my PC.
Most are HP fanfic though.
But i do have a few DQ ones. I wrote them before SotS came out, and as freaky as it is, i guessed that Lief would have a daughter and twin boys.
Most of them a crossovers, though.
You know HP and DQ.
But about three of them involve me going threw a portal and ending up in Deltora, where i have magical powers, and i help save the day.
(So i fantisie going to Deltora, go on laugh) raver laughing
Anyway thanks for reading my script, it has given me the confidence to countie writting it.
Who knows, if i finish the first series, i could end up being the one of the youngest screenwritters
eek!

Yeah right like that will happen.
But if there is no news on a DQ movie, by the time i finish the script writting. I might send it in Emiy Rodda.

Sorry brainstorming on a future career here, ignore me.
wacko
What kid doesn't dream about becoming rich and famous..... big grin
Thanks again for reading my script. (I've gotton up to Jasmine and th e Wennabar, now. cool )

rodeoangel
Somtimes I think what it would be like to be in Del. But then my cousin ruins it all cuz she hates Deltora.(Don't ask me why.). And she says I would suk at eveyone. I don't think I would. I think I could maybe make a good Jasmine. (ok..I did fall out of a tree once and get stitches. So maybe I wouldn't make a good Jasmine.) But I could play somebody... confused

Elanna Riddle
rodeoangel, you could play Jasmine.big grin
And with all the acrobatics in the trees she does.... Well, that's what stunt doubles, harneses and special effects are for. stick out tongue
I wouldn't mind playing someone, but I'd probally be more a Marlien or a Faith shifty {evil laughter} But then again, i'm almost the same age as Jasmine was in the Forests of Silence......so Marlien would be a better choice for me. (Age wise)
I also would like to be Jasmine, as she's my fav charater, but I would be happy with being an extra, in the background. I don't care if i'm Girl#1 who runs around screaming, in the background, as long as i have something to do with it. I just hope they do auditions in Austraila. (Lousy HP rule, for all British cast mad i cried when i found that out, HP is my 2nd fav book) {1st DQ, 2nd Hp, 3rd SoUE)
Or mabye i could be the voice of Prin.
(GO THE LITTLEST KIN)
Cause she'd be computer generated, or something......

lief2345
ok if i was to be anyone id be lief or the sl (shadowlord) and it isnt odd to fantasize your selves as cool characters if any of the girls here would go out with any boy on dq who would it be

rodeoangel
I started typing my story the websight is http://www.matmice.com/home/toranmagic88 so if anyone wants to read it u can. I didn't type all of it cuz I got bored.

Elanna Riddle I hope they do the auditions in Austrailia to. Even though I live on the oher side of the world (U.S.A.) I am copletely obsessed with Austrailia and would give n.e. thing to go there. So if I do get the part of Jasmine (or n.e. one else) I would have an actuall excuess to go there because my parents won't take me there now. (I'm moving there when i'm older though. I made up my mind already. lol.) laughing

rodeoangel
BTW lief2345 I would probally go out with Zerry cuz he's prob. my age.

Elanna Riddle
I'm glad you like us Aussies, rodeoangel.
I wouldn't mind going to USA, either, since i haven't gone abroad before.

And lief2345.......i'm not sure which DQ guy i'd go out with if i could?
Dain would be nice, i surpose......if he wasn't an evil twit(and a shapshifter), that is, and he was how he pretended to be.
And he's about my age.........
But as i said Dain's an evil twit, and always will be......but then again he's dead already so.......
(I've just confused myself with random typing.)
So likely cadidates from DQ for Elanna Riddle are......(drum role)
Dain (evil so'n'so)
Lief (If he wasn't head over heals for Jasmine or married to Jasmine{like we could see that coming})
And....Bede...(you know the guy that looks like Lief, in ShadowGate)

Why my choices.

Dain...would probally be a pretty nice, guy, if he wasn't a shapshifting nut-case.

Lief.....cause he's brave and follows his heart and he's smart, and i've always imagined him to be good-looking.

Bede......casue he likes music...i like music, he likes singing and i like singing. He's GOOD at singing and could give me a few pointers.

AND the winner is (Drum Role)
Daniel...... love
Who is Daniel?
love The Guy I like from School. love

I got him hooked on DQ last year. {evillaughing laughter}

rodeoangel
lol. Daniel...Never saw that coming. I am trying to populate the world with Deltora but everyone I show it too begins to think I'm a nerd for reading books with dragons....( I don't care though cuz I would rather be known as a nerd then diss Deltora.)

Elanna Riddle
"HEAR, HEAR"

rodeoangel
Does n.e. 1 know what kind of animal Filli is? (sorry random question but it's bothering me.)

Elanna Riddle
Errrrr......confused

Filli is a small possum, or some marsupial, or some creature that has no name.

Never really though about it, before.

rodeoangel
Sorry this is totally of the topic of Deltora but has n.e 1 ever read the new adventurs,dragonlance series?? There good. (Deltora's better of course) but since we don't think Emily Rodda is making n.e. more I found them to read. wink

rodeoangel
OK I'M REALLY BORED SO SORRY IF I OFFEND N.E. 1 WITH THIS BUT HERE R. THE PEOPLE FROM DEL IN SMILIES! (sorry about the caps I didn't realize I had em' on.)

Barda:george

Lief:king

Jasmine:diva (sorry they didn't have black hair....)

Shadow Lord: evil face

Shadow lord after Lief kills him:blowup

OK that's all Now I got bored....lol.

Elanna Riddle
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

CUTE Smiles.

I like the one when the Shadow Lord blows up.

laughing Happy Dance

I know this is random, but has anyone read "Lily Quench and The Dragon of Ashby"
Its this really cool book, when a the last remaining heir of a family of Dragonslayers, befriends a Dragon, and saves her country from the Evil Black Count, and restores the rightful ruler to the throne of Ashby.
Its a cross between medevil times and modern times, as they have cars and guns in it.

Its a great series if you are waiting out for a new book to come out.
DQ is still better, but as i said Lily Quench is a good series.
cool

rodeoangel
nope never read that one.... I read the shadow children series to. I told some girl about DQ on my shadow children thread. I think she's gonna try reading them....I'm not sure tho.

Lapis Lazuli7
hey all,
happy Deltora Quest is the best ever!!! happy i reckon they should definately make a movie! (just wanted to have a say) angel but its a series so it probally be too hard to make.. sad (hope not because i would sit and watch it!!) rolling on floor laughing

mobile

moon_rose15
hey guys!stick out tongueive read all the DQ books and i think there all great i mean its always like the same thing(a big monster and he has to kill it to get the stone) but you are like in suspense in every book and youre like O NOOO WHAT IF HE DOESNT MAKE IT! eek! even though you know he will because its the 4th book and there are more! got me?wink anyways! i really liked the idea of the DQ anime they should make it into series because a movie would just ruin it...i vote for ANIME DQ! big grin

Reahaha
Hi I'm new here and I just want to say some stuff. First if deltoraquest was a movie it should be animated because in the deltora book of monsters Steven is animated. Second Lief does say he loves Jasmine in the 3rd book of the 2nd series (pg. 135 1st or 2nd paragraph). in his mind not out loud.

lief2345
and i say screw u i think they should make a movie and i dont care if they make it into like a box set that costs like 70 bucks cha ching!!!!!!
anywho i really think u should go to hell man ok i would not watch an anime version of dq even if it was like 2 bucks (that would suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Reahaha
Oh! I forgot one thing. Where I am the 3rd and 4th in the last series are in stores.

lief2345
well hi there and i think your going a little overboard with your page descibation techneckes and how old r u

Reahaha
thumb down thumb down thumb down

Reahaha
why do you ask..... how old are you?

Reahaha
anyone can answer this... when did you start reading deltora books? happy

flee the evil 1
heya all, i havnt been on in a while skool in sport make things v busy!

firstly, Elanna Riddle i read your script and thought it was a quite clever way to begin a movie, but might be a little confusing for those who havnt read the books.

nextly, i luv fanfiction and read yours rodeoangel and thanks to your Shadow Children forum i got hooked on those books as well! i will hav to make sure to post on their sumtime. plz tell us wen your fanfic is updated.

its GREAT to c so many new members on this thread. keep on posting n tell your friends.

i started readin DQ in yr 6 wen i was 10. our skool librarian read the first one to us and then we had to draw a picture of Jarred! i got hooked after that first book and my mum to by me the new ones as soon as they would come out. i'd also read the Rowan of Rin and Teen Power Inc. series by Emily Rodda n she was my fav author so i guess that was an insentive too

smile

rodeoangel
whoa Lief2345 a little harsh? But I completely agree with u. A anime would suk. What's the point? I mean they would probally make it look so fake with little birds flying around anyone's head when they get hurt. And that would be dumb.

flee the evil 1
i would also prefer live action, but two of my skool friengs think an anime version would work out great. i would probably still watch it though. i wouldnt be able to help my self wink

rodeoangel
I wuld miss em all probally. And they r all gonna start in Austrailia. I live all the way across the world so I will have to wait 5x longer sad

flee the evil 1
that's kind of funny, the only thing Australia gets before the rest of the world is DQ! normally it's the other way round. we hav to wait for everthing down here. like, most of our tv programs are more then a couple of seasons behind America's over here and after summer, all the gd shows get cut completely...

oh, well at least i have DELTORA QUEST. they will keep me sane. cool

rodeoangel
Well I'm gettin to Australia as soon as I can. lol. don't ask. I'll just tell u. I had to do this kangaroo proj. in 3rd grade did reasearch on Australia and became obsessed. My role modle is the crocodile hunter. And all the cool people live in Austrailia. And all the good books are in Austrailia. And all the cool animals and good weather and things are in Australia. Like now it's summer there right?? Well it's freezing here. I would give anything to live in Australia. Ur so luky so don't go saying u don't got anything....(sorry about my speach on Australia)

flee the evil 1
i reckon we have the best sports Down Under (AFL + Cricket) but i also play LaX which is deffinently bigger in America. i suggest you go to melbourne. Adelaide is great cos of Adelaide Oval but i like the feel of Melbourne more. maybe you could go to the Blue Mountains n track down Emily Rodda and beg her to write more DQ

rodeoangel
I'm gonna get ahold of her one way or another. I don't care what I have to do. I'm searching everywhere for her E-mail adress. BTW. did u check out my Deltora story?? I don't know if u read the post I wrote or not. If u did and u don't wanna read it that's ok...it's really bad Emily is so much better at writing them but if u didn't read the post and u wanna see it its
http://www.matmice.com/home/toranmagic88

flee the evil 1
i've read the first two chapters and i want to know what happens next. r u planin on updatin soon? plz say yes!

rodeoangel
yeah. I have 5 chapters written I just don't feel like tyeping. I'll type in now tho....or as much as I could get done.

rodeoangel
I did some like a finished ch. 2. I left u hangin tho. sorry my hand hurtz now I typed that fast.

rodeoangel
Did u read it at all?!?! sorry ur the only one who will actually read it so I just wanna see what u think..lol.

Elanna Riddle
HIIII
sorry, i haven't spoken in....hey its only been 2 days, i though it was longer.
Well anyway this gonna be a long post so, brace yourself.

Firstly.....with the anime DQ.....personally i will watch it anyway, even if it has the little birdies above their head when they get hurt....but if its a cartoon, it will probally loose the main effect and lots of people won't watch it.

Like....what would attact you in a movie trailer more IF you DIDN'T know about DQ,
An alive 16yr old boy and girl, plus a man, fighting a magical crearture , say an Ol in its white-shapless form(which is of course computer generteated)

Or

Two hand-drawn teens and a man, fighting a white blob on a darkish background.
(Sorry its just how i imagine a handrawn DQ)
Points why it should be live or PC genertaed/ DIGITAL

1.The Ol will be more scary and realistic, if it were PC generated, and they have the tech, to make it look real, there's a scene in Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith, when Obi-wan and Anakin are Digital, and its looks real (Saw it on 60mins)a

and

2. The effects on the movie would be better, like when Barda gets healed from the lilies of Life necter, in FoS, the clossing of the wound would have more effect on the audience, then a cartoon version.

BUT...(yes there is a 'but' in this debate)
The final desision rests on Emily Rodda, if she wants it cartton, live or digital, or whether it become a movie at all.
We the fans of DQ must respect her choice, as Emily and Emily alone has the final say in all of this.raver

Okay Secondly.
EMILY LIVES IN THE BLUE MOUNTAINS????
IF she does i just need her address, find a way to get up the mountains (you know car, bus, train....parents, wait a year till me or my BF have our learners permit or Ps)
And ask her myself in person if she will make a movie.
Cause.....I LIVE IN PENRITH, NSW.

Next.....flee the evil 1, the beginging of the script I wrote is surpose to be confusing(in a way, for non-DQ), i'm trying to put in importnat points, without revealing the swwp at the begining, with bit when lief is 10, it tells you the importance and story of the belt, and the royal family, and shows in the flashbacks during it that Lief's dad was present when the royal family escaped, everyone who hasn't read Return to Del would assume that the king and queen are the other too figures in hoods...(I am really sorry if someone who hasn't read RtD reads this part)
Remember most movies are about 2 - 2 and 1/2 hours long, at the most, it keeps the mystery, if each book was a movie then mabye we could go in to more concept but they'd still have to open it a different way, then the book, a mystery on screen is alot harder then a mystery book.
And scripts don't make sense sometimes.

And finnaly.....
Thankyou for the complements on the country of Austraila.
Sometimes i wouldn't agree with what you say about it, (weather-wise) but i wouldn't have it any other way......except.....
I would give anything for a snow day, i told my teacher this and he agrees, if its going to be cold why can't it be properly cold, BTW its Autum here.
Just to let you guys on the otherside of the world know.
In Austraila and probally the rest of the southern hemisphere....
Jan, Feb, Dec is summer.
Mar, Apr, May is Autum.
Jun, Jul, Aug is winter.
And
Sept, Oct, Nov, is Spring.

And for those who don't know i am 15, 16 in October.

Thankyou. big grin

Elanna Riddle
HIIII
sorry, i haven't spoken in....hey its only been 2 days, i though it was longer.
Well anyway this gonna be a long post so, brace yourself.

Firstly.....with the anime DQ.....personally i will watch it anyway, even if it has the little birdies above their head when they get hurt....but if its a cartoon, it will probally loose the main effect and lots of people won't watch it.

Like....what would attact you in a movie trailer more IF you DIDN'T know about DQ,
An alive 16yr old boy and girl, plus a man, fighting a magical crearture , say an Ol in its white-shapless form(which is of course computer generteated)

Or

Two hand-drawn teens and a man, fighting a white blob on a darkish background.
(Sorry its just how i imagine a handrawn DQ)
Points why it should be live or PC genertaed/ DIGITAL

1.The Ol will be more scary and realistic, if it were PC generated, and they have the tech, to make it look real, there's a scene in Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith, when Obi-wan and Anakin are Digital, and its looks real (Saw it on 60mins)a

and

2. The effects on the movie would be better, like when Barda gets healed from the lilies of Life necter, in FoS, the clossing of the wound would have more effect on the audience, then a cartoon version.

BUT...(yes there is a 'but' in this debate)
The final desision rests on Emily Rodda, if she wants it cartton, live or digital, or whether it become a movie at all.
We the fans of DQ must respect her choice, as Emily and Emily alone has the final say in all of this.raver

Okay Secondly.
EMILY LIVES IN THE BLUE MOUNTAINS????
IF she does i just need her address, find a way to get up the mountains (you know car, bus, train....parents, wait a year till me or my BF have our learners permit or Ps)
And ask her myself in person if she will make a movie.
Cause.....I LIVE IN PENRITH, NSW.

Next.....flee the evil 1, the beginging of the script I wrote is surpose to be confusing(in a way, for non-DQ), i'm trying to put in importnat points, without revealing the swwp at the begining, with bit when lief is 10, it tells you the importance and story of the belt, and the royal family, and shows in the flashbacks during it that Lief's dad was present when the royal family escaped, everyone who hasn't read Return to Del would assume that the king and queen are the other too figures in hoods...(I am really sorry if someone who hasn't read RtD reads this part)
Remember most movies are about 2 - 2 and 1/2 hours long, at the most, it keeps the mystery, if each book was a movie then mabye we could go in to more concept but they'd still have to open it a different way, then the book, a mystery on screen is alot harder then a mystery book.
And scripts don't make sense sometimes.

And finnaly.....
Thankyou for the complements on the country of Austraila.
Sometimes i wouldn't agree with what you say about it, (weather-wise) but i wouldn't have it any other way......except.....
I would give anything for a snow day, i told my teacher this and he agrees, if its going to be cold why can't it be properly cold, BTW its Autum here.
Just to let you guys on the otherside of the world know.
In Austraila and probally the rest of the southern hemisphere....
Jan, Feb, Dec is summer.
Mar, Apr, May is Autum.
Jun, Jul, Aug is winter.
And
Sept, Oct, Nov, is Spring.

And for those who don't know i am 15, 16 in October.

Thankyou. big grin

Elanna Riddle
sorry i accidently posted twice
SORRY!!!!

rodeoangel
It's ok. I posted a whole thread twice on this other thing. Some girl deleted it tho. I don't kno if I told ya'll here yet but I am not gonna be on here for a week and a half or so cuz I am going on Vaca. (12 hours in a car...yipee....hey but I can probally write more of my Story!!) so n.e. I'll talk to u all when I get bak.

lief2345
i dont know if u guys noticed but she just named a grey guard pod

lief2345
oh and does anyone here like transformers

Barda Blob
from a while ago the little thing that sits on jasmines shoulder is probably a rabratkangatigerlionbunnysnailkirbyolleafjasmineba
rdadogcatgoatchickenbeardeer.
thats wat i think it is. either a anime or a movie would be great. Happy easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey u guys wanna read my starwars book i am making? anyone here play runescape?

Elanna Riddle
My brother played Runescape, now he's started playing NWN, (NeverWinter Nights)

Okay this is just random.......but....

Have Any of you guys heard of this show called W.I.T.C.H. (Created by Disney)
I think its only out in Canada, though. On a channel or something called Jetix, i think, or ABC Kids, or Toon Disney, not sure.

I really want to watch it, cause i get DGirl mag, and it has the comic.
(It started out as a comic, now there are books here in Aus.)
I can't wait till it starts showing in Aus.

For those who don't know about it.
And want to know the basic storyline, just ask.

Elanna Riddle
okay well im guessing since no-one has answered for almost 6 hours you are all asleep, or at school. (BTW its 8pm here)
(Stupid time differences)

Barda Blob
ok i guess ill just post my book without an answer. u got 4 hours to say yes or no! hey wen u get to ur destination after the 12h car ride i hope u have fun on vacation cuz im on vacation too and i no wat it feals like to live in a car, wen we drive here it takes 14-17 hours if we go non-stop. IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barda Blob
u got 1 hour left untill i automatically post it.

Barda Blob
nah i wont i dont wanna type and my book sucks. hey u guys should c this picture i drew its the best one ive ever drawn!!!!
idk if u guys would like it. tell me wat happens in the end of SotS plz and i no one thing.... leif has a baby with jasmine????? well ima go watch cartoons cuz theres nothin else to do. dont have my xbox or high speed computer....*sniff sniff* i dont have my guitar, just my dads.... and im more bored then ever.... *sniff sniff* well bye guys and hi bugs bunny.

lief2345
i play runescape ok wat r all your names on runescape o yah im thinkin about makin my own story its all about prophesies and myths legends monsters only thing is is im not a very good writer so i might need your guyses help if youll give it to me of course. and why hasent anyone answered my question does anyone like transformers.

who likes final fantasy say i

and i want to know wat yall got for easter

Elanna Riddle
HIII
Its the 2nd last week of term, here, so i've bee rushing to finsh all my homework before school finishes.

Firstly,
I got, a choco bunny, and two biblies, 3 packets of eggs to share with my bro and sis, a box of Celerbrations, a large pack of salt'n'viniger chips, chezels and redskins, as well as three DVDs.
My bro and sis got a choco bunny and biblies too.
And my Nana got all the non-choclate stuff,as she thought we'd have enough chcoolate.
And we get DVDs cause my dad's alergic to Dairy products, so he can't eat chocolate. sad

Secondly, since i have PC in my room i hardly watch TV anymore, i play sims2 and go on the net.
BTW did you know there is a DQ board game!
Can't remember what it was called but it's basically a triva/ snakes and latters sort of game.

BardaBlobO.o
ill help u with ur book! im smart. i dont like trransformers and i dont really know much about final fantasy, i have ff7 but im not far.i got money and candy for easter.

lief2345
cooool duuuude
raver raver raver

BardaBlobO.o
so i can help u? ill give u some ideas for character names if u want

flee the evil 1
i've got the DQ board game! i think i got it for Xmas the year before last.

as far as easter goes, my sister n me got the Moulin Rouge soundtracks + sum chocolate. i managed to get sick and the only brightside of that was missing out on church to stay home n watch Star Wars instead lol

BardaBlobO.o
is the dq board game fun? wuts moulin rouge?

i no a good plot for the book.... maybe... ok the characters are in their teens when the evil lord attacks the world and their frend gets captured and taken to the evil lord and they begin a big old quest to find it and they get wanted somehow by a group of theives/mercs and get chased by them and they go through an elf forest and go to the elf town and then the elf king helps them by giving them each their own special sword like blue for water red for fire green for grass purple for haze white for air and the mercs and theives attack the elves and the heroes escape in the nik of time and they fight their way through the dreaded wastelands to the evil lord's castle and they get to the evil lords room to kill him but the evil lord turns around after looking at a map of the world ware his territory is and wen he turns around they look at his face and it is their old frend (he/her/both) and they have a great battle against themselves and the evil lords heroes and then they kill the evil lords heroes and try to get him/her/both to surrender but he/she/both castes his/her/both's greatest spells but the magical swords obsorve the power and caste it back and they shoot it back and the evil lord gets shot into the pits of fire ware he burns for eternity and te castle starts to crumble and they try to escape but wen they get outside the leader of the theives and mercs is waiting with 100 warriors and he tell them that its not to late to surrender their weapons and go to their prison without getting killed but he gets cut off as an arrow peirces his forehead from behind and he falls to his knees then face plants to reveal the army of elves behind him.

wow that was long one sentence ya notice? well tell me how u like it cya later

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>