The OFFICIAL Half Blood Prince Countdown!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
eek! http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=7688 eek!

sorry if this has been posted else ware. please merge or delete if needed

Linkalicious
yup it's in a lot of different threads....

CNN has an article on it too. Actually what perplexes me is that there is a thread with over 1000 posts in it already.

When did the title of the book and it's release date become public information?

GoldenWitchy1
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
A
AA
AAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICAN'TWAITICAN'TWAITICAN'TWAITICAN'TWAITICAN'TWAIT
!!!!!!

Elondra
That's not bad.I expected that it'd take longer.

The Ones
same

muse5
i learned about the date in the middle of my ap modern european history class and almost screamed but then realized that i would be screamed at for disrupting class so i resisted. i can't wait, i'm going to the midnight party at borders if they do it again. i thought it would take longer as well

vaya_the_elf
eek! That's great news

I've been dying to read it, can't wait

lilsis
yeah if only it would come out sooner that would b REALLY grand!!!!

vaya_the_elf
Tell me about it. Can't wait for the fourth movie either, its going to be good.

Jackie Malfoy
I just heard and I am so excited!I am marking my calender right now;So does anyone know when we can preorder the book?JM

lilsis
i already hav but it was cancelled as some of u may hav heard weep

DanZeke25
Well, as u all know... HP and the HBP will be out July 16th. I'll start the countdown.

6 months and 26 days(is that right?) until HBP!!!

moon_rose15
WUJUUUUUUUUUUUUU FINALYYYYYYYYYYYYY YEIIII but thats 2 looong nooooouuuuuuu! i cant wait!!

dark1365
I thought it was the 19th. Saw it on the news not half an hour ago.

oh disaster
No, it's the 16th.

~*~Tassie~*~
YEY!!! eek!

Lianslo
I CAN'T WAIT! eek! I will definately be buying it at midnight if at all possible. smile

ada
About time!

It hasn't taken her that long to write though really has it? x

shangheid
Ima buy it at costco...they have more for cheaper

muse5
counting today, there are 206 days left until hbp comes out...i was bored and i did a countdown in my assignment book

angelsflame265
wow! geez 7 months guys? can we do it?

Maikahyandowen
i doubt it

lilsis
i dont think i can

AddictedToBoys
I WISH IT CAME OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!

Orlando´s Angel
on july 16 ! ~ FiNaLlY ~

yeah! same here .. . but i dont care were and how much only if i had it ! ! ! eek!

confused but its smaller than the last one, why ! ! ! !? that disapoint me a little confused

angelsflame265
That would've been a sweat twist. . . JKR says its comming out tomorrow laughing out loud all Harry Potter fans in the world would go crazy

lilsis
YEAH THAT WOULD B AWESOME!!! eek! U KNOW THAT WOULD MAKE THE HEADLINES!!

AddictedToBoys
no seriously it probobly would...
everywhere, people reserving thir copy of Hary Potter and the Half-blood Prince. It would be nuts and they would run out of books, and lots of people would be very upset

muse5
it's already on the best seller list in the uk...i wish it would come out tomorrow...it would be awesome

205 days to go

lilsis
THAS TOO LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wacko

Orlando´s Angel
left .. . . ..

~ 204 days ~

its coming !

angelsflame265
ditto in the U.S as well

Orlando´s Angel
really?

didnt noticed . . ..

lilsis
me either

Orlando´s Angel
well, there still

201 days left

vaya_the_elf
Don't know if i can stand the excitement. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

KKdave
AAAHHH!!! I'm sooo excited, july seams like forever away tho... hm.. i need some way to pass the time. any ideas? (im already considering re-reading all the books) rock rock

lilsis
hehe thas wat im doing

Phoenix
I can't wait! pre-ordering my copy now... big grin

hotsauce6548
197 days. I think I can...

~*~Tassie~*~
You're really planning ahead, aren't you, Phoe. stick out tongue

And, anyways, the anticipation is better than having finished the book already. yes

~Freak-N-Bunny~
This thread is sad no expression

DracosGirl
then don't read or post in it

dark1365
More pics would be nice.

harry_fan
has anyone read anything saying daniel and emma are going out

AddictedToBoys
no

~Air Angel~
amazon.com has them, you can PRE-ORDER it. that's what i did, b/c there's no way to get a copy on this base that i am at. I think b/c there are a TON of kids on this base, and the bx isn't that big...lol! Plus, I can't really read German..........so yeah...online buying was the best thing to do

impatientinky
oy! you're in germany now, AA? what city are you in?

dark1365
She said (giggling like a little girl) that she generally "likes" him, and that he's cute...when they were being interviewed together, the same question was pressed on them: Are you two going out?
They were holding hands at the GoF premiere.

Sirius766
I haven't read dat before. Where did u(dark) see that??

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

dark1365
A video. Made me laugh. It's on the HP Book and Movie Pictures.

~Air Angel~
I'm in Spangdahlem, it's about 15 mins from Trier and 45 mins from Luxembourg.

impatientinky
hey! thanks for answering my post....thought you might miss it.

to be honest i've never heard of spangdahlem, even tho i guess i should have since i've been to trier once before. but that was ages ago. we went to some kind of amusement park. just remember that it was really cool. hope you like it there smile (how long do you have to stay?)

but i'm now way off topic so ....

my little countdown clock is telling me that we now have exactly

6 months, 5 days, 10 hours and 8 min to wait. (= 26 weeks or 186 days)
that's u.s. time anyway...

Lianslo
yay for the countdown clock! wink

tennisqueen
The way she is writing these books is driving me MAD!!! mad
I love the books, but there is so much info in them, and by the time she comes out with the new book, I'll have forgotten some major stuff in the last book. Does anybody know a more definite date? for the U.S. release?

Oh, and does anyone think that the next movie NEEDS an intermission. I mean, it is the fourth book, which holds some important info, and they need to make it longer so people can see the great details. Does anybody think this?

muse5
183 Days to go...and i can't wait for that day to come, but can any of us wait... i don't think so

~Air Angel~
N/P you can PM me anytime! big grin

CAN'T WAIT TIL' JUNE!!!!! toot

We are going to have loads of things to discuss! big grin

tabletalk

dark1365
If Ron starts going out with Hermione I will cry. Literally. No, I'm just kidding, but I will be like, "WHAAAAAATT??!?"

Lianslo
lol, I won't exactly be a happy camper either.

muse5
i'm with you guys on this one...i won't be happy, i think harry and hermione would be perfect together, one can only hope...

179 days to go

~Air Angel~
177 days (its almost midnight big grin )

AddictedToBoys
ur keeping a strait count of the days????

muse5
^ I am!! in my school assignment book...and i'm not ashamed

Nick1989
I believe that the Half Blood Prince is Godric Gryfindor. JK Rowling said that he looked like a lion. Gryfindor house symbol is a lion. JK Rowling said that Chamber of Secrets will have something to do with it. The sword of Gryfindor was in book 2.

I`am sure that Godric Gryfindor is the Half Blood Prince. Happy Dance

Phoenix
Please post in the half blood prince thread

~Air Angel~
175 days now??? i got lost?

muse5
uno momento...176 days...if i was more adept at math, i would get it down to the hour but...o well

Lianslo
i'm considering downloading a countdown clock...i know i'm a nerd. wink

dark1365
I am 90% sure that Harry is gryffindor's heir...

ada
I have to agree with you dark1365 x

dark1365
THank you Ada!

ada
My pleasure! x

dark1365
Check this out...this is an actual exerpt from HBP.
"He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp."

Does anyone else get the slight feeling that this might be a portrait of Godric Gryffindor?

ada
Everyone thinks that it could be this new character called McClaggan. It certainly could be him, but the description of this new character really does sound like either Godric or even his heir, IF Harry isn't the heir x

muse5
starts singing: 168 days til HP on the wall
168 days till HP

lalalala....exams are OVER...lalalala

Thom's Pumpkin
I remember reading it on CNN's website but the date was 26 June in six countries. UK, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia and I just can't remember the sixth one, sorry...

muse5
161 days...i can't find my assignment pad...i think that's about right...leaky cauldron has it down to the minutes...they're my hero

pinkduckie
according to the http://scholastic.com/harrypotter/shrieking_shack/index.asp, the public has decided on Neville Longbottom to be the half-blood prince, with 159 Harry Potter fans predic it will be Hagrid, 145 Harry Potter fans predict:
It will be someone new
and with 101 votes going to Seamus Finnigan.

This is all fine and dandy but I thought Nevilles parent were both full blood wizards? Is his gran a muggle?

Can anyone comfirm this?

dark1365
SOmeone new!

Harryslover14
yeah i think but i am not sure b/c i havent read them in a few months so i need to check

~Air Angel~
NO....thought his gran was of magic....just not fully potential.....

~Air Angel~
MERGED big grin

dark1365
I think Dumbledore.

Maylien
I heard that it definatly isn't neville all my friend think it will be someone new that will be in Harrys year from another school

dark1365
What???
No, Rowling predictably wants it to be a shock, not of a new one.

zutalurs
i still think crookshanks. he's half blood and obviously a vital side character, as he's shown in the past.

KKdave
Have you guys seen this? It came up on the 14th, muggle net suspects its hinting at a new romance for harry in HBP? If so, who? Check it out:

http://www.mugglenet.com/viewer/?image_location=harryvalentine.jpg

Phoenix
wouldn't it be funny if it were dudley! big grin

LonDon06
150 days 9 hours!!! yay!

lioness_pride
i think that i could be hagrid because he is half-blood and his mother could have been some kind of queen (my mind is having all sorts of ideas now). that would be surprising which is probably what jo wants but i highly doubt it. crookshanks is half-blood yes, and i do beleive he has some power which is yet to be seen i dont think that he is a prince.

urgh. dudley a prince? that would be funny but it would be a nightmare.

149 days (i think)

zutalurs
Or it could be Gwarp. He could be the ticket to getting the giants on Dumbledore's side, and the turning point to winning the war against Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

~Air Angel~
i think its tom riddle............jk says its not voldemort...however tom riddle gave up his identity to become Lord V......... so it'd make sense for it to be Tom..... not to mention...... what else would book 6 be about..... it's gettin close to the end of the books......... and even if she did take all the half blood prince related info from COS.... we first met Tom Riddle in that book and that book had a significant amount to do with Tom Riddle.....................

impatientinky
nah...sorry....jk squashed that too. on her site sad

chibiruto
sweet i'm hopin to see it. been readin nothin but hp alllllllllllll year

chibiruto
rock doctor yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
nnnnnnnneeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhppppppp
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

PinkDiamonds
i new it was out then but I STILL CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! im sooooooo looking 4ward 2 it but i will not be going 2 the midnight parties and ques!!! 1. my mam wont let me(2 late) 2. if 17th/16th is a school day...u no da rest 3. i really cant be bothered!!!!!! i will get it on the 17th!!or da 18th!! i still cant wait tho...i want jk rowling 2 get harry and hermione together...sigh...in_love

johnnywooh
its ok, July 16th is a Saturday!!! smile but i wont be goin to any midnight parties either lol!

PinkDiamonds
im glad its a sat coz i will get hp6 on da sun...perfect 2 cuddle up with afta my sunday lunch...mmmmm... stick out tongue

muse5
newly announced on the today show...courtesy of leaky cauldron...and the cover for half blood prince will look like ...

ladygrim
is that for the uk cover or ????

ada
That is the US childs cover x

ladygrim
Ahh i didnt think it twas the U.K cover

Laviera_j
The UK cover is of Harry and Dumbledore encircled in a ring of flames. Dumbledore looks angry and Harry looks worried. I think Dumbledore will be the one to die.

Piggle Humsy
Uk covers can be seen here...

Half Blood Prince

I prefer the Adult version.

Piggle
one eye

ladygrim
me too tho its quite simple it makes u think about it more if u kno wa i mean

shanie623
Hmm... since Dumbledore is in the cover with Harry, does anyone else here thinks that HE is the half-blood prince? I mean, obviously, isn't it? hehe.. i mean, I hope so. Because I can't guess any more names, so i'll settle it with that.

hotsauce6548
Good point, Shanie. But i doubt anybody will find out for sure until the book is released.

Then a WHOLE lot of people will know. big grin

ladygrim
big grin

muse5
that's a new theory that i haven't given much thought to, but will...i'll introduce it to my friends

ladygrim
hmmm i does make u think

DLgymnast
I think Hagrid might be the half-blood prince. He is a half blood, half wizard, half giant, so it makes since, but it also makes since for dunbledor also. someone told me it was dudley

LifeIsKillingMe
july 16? aww man thats forever

DLgymnast
is that when the book comes out

ladygrim
yep got on my hp calendar rite nxt to me wink
and i wrote it my hp diary ....
honestly im not that obseesed laughing out loud

muse5
^

i know how that goes...lol

zamber
Its so far away

iloveronald314
i know! i cant stand it i read all 5 books in less than a month and im dying cause theres nothing else good to read!!!!!!! :s

chibiruto
whats it gonna be about?

chibiruto
ok guys this is all i know about Book six. i got it from mugglnet.com
here we go

We will learn a lot more about Voldemort in this book.

HBP will be an intense book, but with light-hearted moments.

Harry will leave Privet Drive early again, for a "much pleasanter" reason than in book 5.

The opening chapter of book 6 was originally planned for the early parts of book 1, perhaps we get a more in-depth story of what happened the night Harry's parents died.

Neither Harry or Voldemort (including Tom Riddle) are the Half-Blood Prince

Arthur Weasley will not be the new Minister of Magic

By the ends of books 6 and 7 "you'll have all the back story you'll need", says JK Rowling, and a prequel will not be necessary

There will be a new Minister of Magic, no more Mr. Fudge.

We will find out what happened to Hagrid's half brother Grawp. He will be a bit more controllable in book 6.

The Dursleys are in the next book, but Harry's stay with them will be the shortest yet. In book 5 he stayed for 4 weeks, so we know his stay will be less than 4 weeks.

Cho Chang will not be a romantic interest of Harry in Book 6, however there will be a "little romance" for Harry says JK.

In books 6 and 7 we will find out exactly why JK killed off Sirius.

Harry becomes even more powerful in book 6.

In books 6 and 7 we will find out why Dumbledore trusts Snape.

We will find out what happened to Wormtail AKA Peter Pettigrew

More about the animosity between Snape and Sirius will be revealed in the last 2 books.

JK has said that giving away the form of Snape's boggart and patronus says too much. We'll definitely find out what Snape's worst fear is, and it'll be important.

Hermione and Draco will NOT end up together in book 6 or 7.

We will find out what exactly Dudley saw when he looked at the dementors.

The reason Voldemort and Harry both didn't die when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, will be revealed.

We will see more of Draco's mother, Narcissa Malfoy, now that Lucius is busy.

We'll learn more about Harry's scar in the last 2 books.

Moaning Myrtle will make an appearance again, as will Tonks.

More about Voldemort's birth will be revealed, thus helping us understand why he is so evil.

Muggles begin to notice "more and more odd" occurrences in book 6, says JK.

The wizarding world is really at war in the sixth book.

Harry will tell his dearest friends about the prophesy after it sinks in to him.

We will learn more about Harry's relatives, including his grandparents (though JK says they aren't really important to the story)

We will find out what happened to Sirius's motorbike.

Book 6 will be shorter than the 5th book (or at least JK's 99% sure, but will not swear on her children's lives)

There will be no "new" nationalities of children at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is a British school, and JK says that adding foreigners for the sake of it is not in her plans.

During an interview, when JKR was asked in which Hogwarts room she'd like to be for 1 hour, she said it would be a room in which Harry has been before, but doesn't know its importance. Yet. (this could have happened in book 5, but we're unsure)

It's very important in the plot that Harry has his mother's eyes, and that her wand was very good for charms.

During an interview for Kids BBC, Victor Greensteet (reporter) asked Rowling if Harry would have a dragon for a pet. This is what she replied: "You can't tame a dragon, no matter what Hagrid thinks. It's simply impossible. So no. He has more common sense. He MAY have a different pet in the future, but for now, I won't say anything else". (This could have been buckbeak, but I'm sure we can expect more pets)

In the same interview for Kids BBC, the reporter asked J. K. if Harry had ever used the internet, and this is what she had to say: "No. They (the Dursleys) won't let him go near Dudley's computer, and Dudley is the only one who has a computer. They hit him if he gets too near to the keyboard. So the answer would be No. I use it a lot, but Harry doesn't. Wizards don't really need to go on the web. They have an even better way to find out what's happening in the outside world, which I think is a lot more fun than the Internet, but I'm going to keep quiet on this one."

The choice between what's right and what's easy will be a pillar of the plot in Harry's last 2 years at Hogwarts

Harry's parents' profession will be a big part of the plot.

Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter.

thats rite u can THANK ME NOW HEHEHEHEHEHE

syko freak
Thank you big grin

Tassie
guys, can you use this thread instead, please? erm
This is where we all talk about the H-BP smile

vashy's_girl
urk!!!!i just tried to kindly post the recently released cover but noooo it says you can't post links unless you are well known well ha i'll post it any way. ok here is what you people havew to do: every time you see a space between the link just back space here it is :
ht tp://f.chta h.com/i/9/27 6579820/halfblood_cov er_30 8.jpg

sorry but i just don't linke rules like that, lol.

vashy's_girl
omg!!! chibiruto, i love sgt. frog!!! it's the best manga ever!!! lol kero kero!

(sorry! i'm sorry! i had to say something, i'm going to get kicked of this forum soon arn't i, poo)

vashy's_girl
ok i'm going to attach it now (it took me a lot of work to get this up here so you better be grateful, lol, just kidding)

chibiruto
thank you very much thumb up whistle

bwill00
harry potter 4 pics

ladygrim
I read these beforewink

muse5
i had heard all of those before too, except for the one about the possibility of harry getting a new pet...it probably will be buckbeak

ladygrim
lets hope

Phoenix
I think she might introduce some of the creatures from the comic relief books she did

iloveronald314
i absoulty cannot wait until this book u guys!

Elessea
*is excited*

I want the book to come out! eek!

chibiruto
yeah cant wait

sugar&sweet
hi everybody big grin

PinkDiamonds
has anyone been keeping count of the days? if so, let me know how long we have to wait

Ignite
God i cant wait until this book comes out!!!!

iloveronald314
there's 114 days until HBP!

carne
hey pple

carne
i cant wait till it comes out

raenef v
but HP 6 comes out on June 16th!!!
doesn't it??????????

impatientinky
no, July 16th sad. just 85 days to go now.....YAY!!!

raenef v
looky!
looky!

J.K. Rowling has revealed three chapter titles from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to be:

Chapter Two: "Spinners End"
Chapter Six: "Draco's Detour"
Chapter Fourteen: "Felix Felicis"

and...look!!!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0439784549.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

iloveronald314
omg omg omg!!!!! only 13 days!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.