final fantasy vs xmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
this post is also up at advent children.net
but this one will be different.Instead of putting every character from each universe against eachother i'm doing teams

x men

cyclops,wolverine,havoc,collusus,emma frost,storm

versus

cloud,cid,auron,tifa,squall,tidus

supremthor
ff win

DarkCrawler
xmen win

pr1983
depends on the magic ff posses...

muffin man
emma frost can always probe their minds

Elektra_lover
FF would win

radioboy121
Final Fantasy characters vary depending if you are attaching magic offense and defense to their arsenal. Otherwise, Emma alone can just shut their minds off or Storm can just fry them.

ayjay
x-men win....

Fieldy69
wich cid are u talkin about there is one in almost ever ff game

muffin man
hmm maybe this should be a game like marvel vs. capcom but
x-men vs. final fantasy
they'll make millions
anygame designer wright this down
I don't care if you have a photographic memory
and give me royalties

lightaxe
I have to say id enoy seeing that punk tidus getting chopped up by Wolverine. But then again whoever the girl was in FFx im sorry i cant think of her right now could just summon pretty much anything to take out a few of the xmen, but with this there are just too many xmen like at least a hundred i dont know there should be teams listed :/.

radioboy121
The user Mr. Smiley who created this post specified the contenders and all mentioned Final Fantasy characters are under the classification of a warrior. If you included the whole entourage, then Final Fantasy would win. Virtually every series had their sorcerer, and Sabin (not mentioned) was an unusually strong character.

lightaxe
oo wow i feel stupid i forgot that, im sorry v_v.

SarKastic_OJ
Another X-men vs thread...

Sephiroth alone would dismantle the X-men in my honest opinion. He seems semi-godlike with moves such as SuperNova(A metero which takes out "the sun, saturn, jupiter, and mars" with "ease".

Cloud and co..can survive head-on attacks like that then their a helluva lot more durable than (lets say) Gambit who can't withstand a human punch/bullet.

The final fantasy crew or on another level of power altogther than that of the X-men, beyond being hurt by bullets, they survive gigantic blasts for ancient creatures(Bahamut), "Advanced" lightning attacks(take that storm!!), lava spills etc....Also they know "magic" which the -men have trouble with altogether...Fact it, if someone such as an enraged Juggernaut kicks the X-men's asses just imagine someone like Sephiroth whom is deemed "all-powerful"...

radioboy121
Sephiroth was strong enough to kill various powerful creatures, but ironically couldn't handle one single Shinra soldier (even though it was a surprise attack, that was poor).

Our asociation with Final Fantasy characters (with exception of manga and animes incarnations) follow the lifebar system that in a comic medium wouldn't be the same. Put an X-Men character in an RPG-like environment (al la Final Fantasy and not X-Men Legends) where they could build the HP to 100 times their original state and pump the person up with accessories and he/she would be powerful too.

ayjay
exactly.....its silly to compare strength levels og the marvel world and an RPG....or any video game......even in marvel vs capcom.....tidus, auron blah blah.....their all human with some magic and swords...big deal....x-men would axe dem

moviejunkie23
I think this thread has brought something much more interesting to mind. Think of x-men the rpg. I am not saying an action game were your character becomes more powerfull the more baddies you bust up, i mean like a old school rpg like FF. In the format of FF.
Like Sabin learned dif fighting tecs in FF 3 Wolverine would learn new tecs as well. Jean Grey could do different "Psi" skills maybe such as strenghthening allies or using "control" on weaker enemies.
X men would correlate to a rpg perfectly!!!!
Happy Dance

srankmissingnin
In the game (during fights) bullets and such don't hurt the characters much but it is a much story different during the cut scenes. Which holds more standing? I'm thinking cut scenes... but I could be wrong.

There is little the a whole crew of final fantasy characters could do to slow down Colossus.

pr1983
did u play x-men legends?

moviejunkie23
naw man but isn't that game still in action format?? like real time action even if it has the rpg elements its not a solid rpg right???

ayjay
is it good?? it looks good..but isnt x-men legends more like diablo style?

muffin man
pr1983 no but I'm gettin it for christmas

radioboy121
Yes, this is not a turn-based RPG; I guess you can say it somewhat resembles Diablo . The game is interesting and if you aren't too fussy about graphics, you may be able to live through the cell-shaded characters.

leonheartmm
this isnt even a fight man, a bunch of xmen goin against ANYTHING SQUARESOFT MADE! anyway, final fantasy {and its characters} are probably the most beautiful{and powerful things} thought ip by mankind{well them and CRONO CROSS, and some of the other square soft thingies}

SQUALL "LEONHEART" alone takes care of the x men, by summoning greaver, or cloud OMNISLASHES EVERY ONE till death, hey anyone of em can take on the entire x men. {we dont even need stronger characters like TRANCE KUJA, NECRON, or GARNET.

HEHE, SORRY PEOPLE, I LOVE FINAL FANTASY WAY MORE THAN I LOVE X MEN, OR COMICS.

leonheartmm
actually, id like to see cloud go up against wolverine, one on one{without his superhuman or mystical powers of course}
i think that fight would be SWEAT!!!!!!!!!
that huge sword clashing against adamantium claws, wooohoo.
{kinda reminds me of the fights in kingdom hearts}.

mr.smiley
just figured it was time to bring it back for awhile.I thought about it some more.With the teams I gave out I will now say xmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.