Alien vs Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mane
Alien vs. Predator

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JMZK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Starring: Sanaa Lathan, Raoul Bova, See more

Director: Paul W.S. Anderson

Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)

Format: Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen, Dolby

Rated:
Studio: Twentieth Century Fox Home Video
DVD Release Date: January 25, 2005
Run Time: 101

DVD Features:
Available Audio Tracks: English
Commentary by director Paul W.S. Anderson, Lance Henriksen, and Sanaa Lathan (theatrical version only)

Commentary by Alec Gillis (alien effects), Tom Woodruff Jr. (alien effects), and visual effects supervisor John Bruno (theatrical version only)

Includes theatrical version and an extended version with a new beginning

Deleted scenes

Making-of featurette

Dark Horse comic book cover gallery

DVD-ROM: the first edition of the AVP comic book, AVP comic book background study, exclusive 16-page preview of the upcoming AVP graphic novel

Can't wait. cool

<<Solo>>
I'll pass.

Mane
You do that! thumbsup

Cinemaddiction
Looks like there IS a Director's Cut after all? "Extended" really gets my attention. 1/25 we get both "AVP" and the SE of "Predator 2". I can't wait, personally.

<<Solo>>
A director's cut, now we're talking.

WindDancer
*walks in and looks around*

Nothing interesting here.

*walks out*

MildPossession
I don't think the extended edition is the director's cut. There is no information on anything to do with directors/unrated on any of the sites which have the extreme edition.

I'm getting the two disc edition on the 8th January.

jaw2929
I'll definately be getting this for sure! smile

SlipknoT
I'll be getting this one.

cal31
Tied with Day After Tom. as the worst movie of the year for me.

Mane
Ok, first off, thanks for your asinine statement which was backed up with such compelling evidence; second, The Day After Tomorrow was far from a let down.

Red Superfly
Lol I'll buy that.

I'll consider it to be buying Predator 2 SE, and just consider AvP as a little insignificant bonus.

Cinemaddiction
I'll take an Extended Cut, even if it's not exactly a "Directors" cut of the movie. Andersen's a wanker anyway. A lying one, at that.

Lord_Andres
I wont be getting this if it comes at the price of 3$, hate this movie, it failed everywere, and I mean everywere, crap movie

MornGlory
Merry Christmas treetree

Mane
I just pre-orered it.

BlackC@t
I'd say! I can't believe he took us for a bunch of idiots and lied to us!

But I will be buying the extended edition off Amazon on January 8th (is that the release date?) because I know it won't come out in New Zealand for ages...

BlackC@t
What! on Amazon it says its being released on January 28th sad

Cinemaddiction
25th here, along with "Predator 2" SE.

Mane
I hated Pred 2. erm 1 blows it away, IMO.

SlipknoT
Yea Predator 2 did suck

SlipknoT
Your forgetting King Arthur

Cinemaddiction
Naturally, but I still liked the sequel.

Mane
Well any fan of a good franchise will naturally take a liking the the sequels (with the exception of Blade: Trinity). You apparently have more endurace than me; i just couldn't handle it... erm

BlackC@t
I'm actually excited about seeing this movie.

I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was good, it just could have been a lot better.

Mane
Of course it could've been better, but I liked it for what it was. Movies like these are for the fans. I personally haven't been this jittery about a DVD release since the ROTK: EE DVD.

T.M
I'm still shocked as to how they can make a movie about Aliens and Predators and it not be 18/R.

Mane
Easy: there was hardly any human blood. And they legally can't count creature blood as human blood. That's why on the MPAA Rating box it says "Rated PG-13 for violence, language, horror images, slime and gore"

Slime and gore is Alein and Predator blood...and drool...

T.M
wow i didn't know that.

so is this movie gory ?

Mane
Not really. A couple of Preds get impaled. They don't show too much gory detail, it's more implied.

pr1983
i liked predator 2, but avp stunk so bad... dont think any amount of extras will fix that...

Mane
It's still better than Assault on Precinct 13. wink Anyone who diagrees has some seriously bad taste. Oh wait...you like Cyclops... roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
wow... really mature...

why i like assault on precinct 13...

why i like cyclops...

why i dislike avp:

poor direction, acting (lance henriksen has lost it big time imo), writing

substandard effects and action scenes...

as for bad taste, your the one praising avp...wink

Mane
I haven't praised it anywhere on here.

pr1983
even a little praise is still praise...

Solo
The original "Assault On Presinct 13" was flawless.

Cinemaddiction
Lets keep the conversation pertaining to the DVD release, not the movie, or any other unrelated movies, at that.

Mane
Gag.

BlackC@t
The Aliens and the Predators in this movie have never looked better.

I just wish that there could have been more then one fight scene.

I wonder what the extended version will be like and what the deleted scenes will be.

There's also a different opening.

MildPossession
I'm getting it in a few days, released on 8th Jan on region 3. Missed it at the cinema.

Cinemaddiction
WHOAH! I'll respect your opinion there, but that's a a rather lofty proclamation.

Mane
Yes it is.

MildPossession
I just got my dvd through, and i didn't know when I ordered the 2 disc version, but it's got both Theatrical and Extended versions of the movie on.

And a lovely cardboard slip case container. Oooo.

BlackC@t
What's the extended edition like!!???

Norma Jean
Are they really gonna release a rated R director's cut?

Cinemaddiction
As far as I know, there is no Director's Cut. There was about 2 minutes added to the opening on the DVD, and that's it.

MildPossession
Yep I said once before, there is no director's cut, Anderson told a fib about that.

BlackC@t
For lying about that, I hope he burns in Hell.

My copy arrived from Amazon yesterday, never got around to it so I'll probably watch it soon.

Darth_Vader05
Alien VS Predator ruled i got my DVD when it came out.

ladygrim
hmm not sure bout this... i mite pass

Norma Jean
Ruled? It was good, but it didn't "rule".

BlackC@t
I agree. Okay, but didn't rule.

I can't believe they even called it 'Extended Editon' when there was only two minutes of extra footage.

They only did it to trick more people into buying it.

ericadurancefan
i found the movie enjoyable but i think it could have been a lot better if they got an r rating,and what was the deal killing off 99 percent of the cast so early,it was bad writing

BlackC@t
yes

They should have had more then one fight scene too.

MildPossession
I didn't know I was getting an extended edition, I just ordered a 2 disc edition, and it had both versions on. smile 100 and so minutes.

ladygrim
actually i mite rent it then make my discion

Darth Sidious
Got a loan of the 1 disc 'extended' version. I had not seen it before. It was ok but could have done with being a 18 here is Scotland or R in the U.S.

There was a lot of violence which appeared off screen.

One question, how come the Pred's could not see the thing at the end when they had seen it earlier in the men. Sorry do not know how to do spoiler tags. But you get what I mean.

Rogue Jedi
this movie sucked big time. being a huge predator fan and somewhat an alien fan, i was let down tremendously.

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Got a loan of the 1 disc 'extended' version. I had not seen it before. It was ok but could have done with being a 18 here is Scotland or R in the U.S.

There was a lot of violence which appeared off screen.

One question, how come the Pred's could not see the thing at the end when they had seen it earlier in the men. Sorry do not know how to do spoiler tags. But you get what I mean.

Spoiler tags are as follows...

THIS IS A SPOILER

Except without the *.

THIS IS A SPOILER

Rogue Jedi
suck suck suck!!!!!

Darth Odious
Avp was a mess with too many close ups and dim light. Close ups are an easy way to avoid a solid fight scene. Not everybody like star wars but at least lucas had the good sense, and balls, to choreogragh decent and smoothe fight scenes to clean up what the orignal trilogy lacked. If the director would have panned out more we would have seen a better vocabulary of momement. The director may have had fun making it, with him grinning like an idiot in interviews, but I had to force myself to sit and watch two of the greatest charaters be cheated out of a grudge match that has spanned alomost two decades. Their should be a law.

Rogue Jedi
i couldnt have said it better.

Myth
I could have. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.