Back to the Airport

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I'm picking my sister up at the airport tonight. She is coming back from New York. Did you know I can't even meet her at the gate anymore? Security has turned into a ***** here in the states. sad

yerssot
with all respect, but it's about time they did some proper security; from what I heared

ToMacco
Yeah, we trust people too much here.

yerssot
I wouldn't say THAT

Raz
Well here, we've never been allowed to go near the gates....better that way.

ToMacco
That used to be the coolest part about going to the airport. Sitting in those lobbies watching all the planes take off.

Those days are gone forever. . . God damn terrorists. mad

Raz
We have, in Manchester Airport anyway, a massive window where you can see planes landing and taking off. It looks pretty cool.

ToMacco
This sucks, I don't want to drive to the airport again.

Raz
Tell her to get a cab wink

ToMacco
I should. Or I should hit a bar by the airport, get shitty, then make her drive ME home!!!!! rolling on floor laughing

LadyEowyn
the secuirity at the airport over here is strange. it wants to be good but in reality it SUCKS. when i was going throught the detectors, i beeped but i didnt have anything! no metal whatsoever!!!! and then they put me in the "beepy people line" and i kept beeping anyway. the lady said it could be the metal on my shoes. nevermind they didnt beep the first time!

Texas
That does suck ToMacco. When I'm at the airpot I like to walk around the terminals and see the different people going to different parts of the world. All the big 747's always went to Tokyo, Bombay and Frankfurt. cool

ToMacco
Now that I'm back, I can tell you how much of a pain in the ass it was.

First of all, I didn't have a flight number, or know which of the two terminals in Minneapolis to pick her up at. So here, I'm driving passed the airport, turning around, then driving passed it again, waiting for her to call my cell phone.

I drove passed it and turned around 3 or four times, then finally just pulled into the first terminal. It wasn't very busy at all, but you all know pick up stations right? You can pull up, but you can't park.

So I'm sitting there at the first terminal for about five minutes. My sister calls, she just landed, but she's at the other terminal (of course).

So I make my way to the other terminal. Which is a major pain in the ass, I had to get back onto the freeway and go the opposite direction. Then I turned around on the next exit. I should have just stayed on that road; the Mall of America is five miles down the road.

So I get back onto the freeway and race towards the other terminal. I pull off and manuver my way through traffic. I finally pull up to where I'm supposed to be. I quickly call my sister back on her cell phone, and she says she's getting her bags, and will be out in a second. I was parked for probably 20 seconds, and some security guard told me I could sit there. I had the car in "drive" and was holding down the brake, for God's sake.

So, I had to circle the *** damn terminal AGAIN. This time around, I went real slow, and managed to pick her up.

Needless to say, I had a beer when I got home.

Dim
Yeah..the airport pretty much sucks now.. I remember having to hang out in baggage claim waiting for my mom at LAX...I miss being able to go to the different shops and restaurants by the gates..you know their business is really down now. sad

queeq
You're flying somehwere too?

Dim
Not in any forseeable future.

queeq
Too bad.

Gundark
Her arms are too tired.

Dim
Yeah...not much for distance flying.

Gundark
But short range, she could peck your eyes out in a second. laughing out loud

ToMacco
Dimmy, I talked with my sister about that, too.

All of those shops and bars in the airports just have to be HURTIN'! That really sucks! Those poor bastards. sad

yerssot
am I missing something here?

ToMacco
Yes

yerssot
Oh! Thought that!
All I need to know

*starts to sleep again*

ToMacco
*puts yerssots hand in warm water*

yerssot
Five more minutes mom

Gundark
Just two different conversations going on at the same time. Perfectly normal you know.

ToMacco
When someone is sleeping, you put their hand in warm water, then they pee themselves. rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
ah! SOMEONE!
But I'm not someone, you know!

Gundark
They did that to Frank Burns. laughing out loud

Texas
That's just another one of those urban legend things

ToMacco
It works, try it.

Gundark
Did it at a slumber party in 8th grade.

queeq
And last night in the closet..... it was very kinky. evil face

Gundark
Was that you ???? Grrrrrrr.......... mad

queeq
Of course. Anyone else trying to enter gets electrocuted.

Gundark
Shhh.....nobody knows about that yet.

queeq
BanthaFodder does now. He's just a smoldering pile of ash. evil face

Gundark
Excellent. Call in the dustbin droid.

queeq
You do it. And DO wear your maid's apron. wink

finti
with a lock on it too

Gundark
A chaste french maid. laughing out loud

queeq
Tish! big grin

Gundark
Oh Gomez......look what I have planned for us for later.

http://216.40.201.240/s/contrib/anym/behead.gif

queeq
Wonderful! Looks like the one Marie-Antoinette was killed with. We're gonna have so much fun!

Gundark
Now if Lurch will just bring those drinks....

queeq
Patience dear. It's not easy to hand squeaze a cactus and make sure there's plenty of needles in it.

Gundark
Of course. And he did spend all that time on that wonderful live spider goulash.

queeq
Exactly. And that will take another to have cooled down completely so we can enjoy it.

ToMacco
What did that smile face do to recieve such a disgusting fate? laughing out loud

queeq
Smile face? Lurch?

yerssot
it's Texas, not a smilie

queeq
confused

yerssot
and that's me most of the time

queeq
But that's understandable.

yerssot
*smiles*
*nods*
... don't follow big grin

queeq
Who does?

yerssot
errr... you?

Texas
Anyways!!!!! back to the airport!

I got to see Air Force One fly overhead today!
Bush was stopping by before he heads off to his ranch!
I live 10 minutes north of Love Field Airport and all the planes fly over my house! eek!

yerssot
you didn't shot him? wink

PDF?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.