Alien 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
i dunno if any of you have noticed this, but something i noticed a while ago... all the directors of all teh alien movies go on to become very big name directors. allow me to show you

alien - director - ridley scott
aliens - director - james cameron
aliens 3 - director - david fincher
aliens resurection - jean-pierre jeunet (director of amelie)

i just thought some of you might find this interesting.

finti
the two first were good, the next two were crap

BackFire349
i know, but its wierd that all the directors go on to be very successful

yerssot
is that french dude really big already?

finti
yeah close to 300 lbs

BackFire349
haha. well he hit it big with amelie.

Tex
One hit wonder

BackFire349
i dunno, it was a very good movie, teh guy has talent

finti
never saw it

yerssot
it's not because he made one good movie, he's a good director

Thomas H
he is a one time looser!

Tex
Alien 4 was soooo awfull!!!!

ToMacco
Yeah, it sucked a fat one.

twixety
I really want Alien 5 to be produced with James Cameron directing and Sigourney Weaver returning for the last time. My idea for the films content is below.

My idea for Alien 5 would be a starfreighter landing on an apparantly uninhabited planet in order to allow the crew to carry out repairs.
In doing so they pick up a few unwanted guests in the form of an Alien queen and 2 drones. However these aliens do not attack the crew but simply hide in the cargo hold until the ship returns to Earth.
When it does, the aliens escape and start killing people in the warehouse thing where it has docked. Some of the workers in this warehouse manage to escape to warn the (now united) Earth military about the aliens.
The Earth military, desparate for knowledge on the alien creatures, recruit Ripley clone No.8 to provide them with info. about the aliens. However gaps remain in her memory so the Earth military, now under attack from the aliens, clones the original Ripley (the one that returned from the Nostromo) from a blood sample kept on record or something (advances in cloning technology mean she can be cloned really quickly).
The film ends with a giant battle between the alien invaders and the Earth military, with the Ripley clone being killed. The final scene ends with the original Ripley dying, her ordeal with the aliens finally over.
New hero characters could be introduced, e.g. those who escape from the alien ravaged warehouse and members of the Earth military with Ripley bowing out of the franchise in style. Hopefully! cool

Kes
Could work. With lots of action and blood!big grin

snazzypants
yea sounds good!! apparantly they are thinking about it but sigourney weaver will only do it if the aliens actually get onto planet earth... that would be too cool!

glenn
I thought that script would work quite well. Why don't you direct the film.

twixety
why thank you, think I'll go to Hollywood, ask them if they'll let me!

glenn
Why don't you

glenn
why don't you. They might let you if you have the money.

JangoFran
Twixety,
zzzzzzzzzz, snore, snore. Earth? Way to borning! As a matter of fact, Ripley had her time in the spotlight. I say NO MORE SIGOURNEY! I loved her in the first three, the fourth one (resurrection) was Okay, but she's done now. I actually heard something cooler.

Ridley Scott wants to go back to the original planet to learn more about the origin of the Alien. Apparently they are a bio-genetic made weapon. In Alien 1, the ship crash landed during a shipment of these eggs to earth. You see in Alien 1 - 3 there is this mysterious "company" that keeps trying to get their hands on it. Well in Alien 4, they do, but Alien 4 was really not done well in my opinion. I mean Dan Hedaya was in it for cripe sakes. I couldn't take his character serious. I kept thinking he was going to start cracking a joke. He was in the Adams Family movies. Sigourney should have been done after Alien3.

I mean really... what is the main character in these films? The Alien species, no Ripley! Don't get me wrong. I think Sigourney is an aspiring actress that has made quite a name for herself. She just needs to be out of the Aliens films.

Sorry, but again, I hope they stay away from Earth if they make Alien 5. I wish I could send Ridley Scott a letter!

JF

JangoFran
I would like to take a Vote: Ripley had her time in the spotlight. I say NO MORE SIGOURNEY! I loved her in the first three, the fourth one (resurrection) was Okay, but she's done now. I actually heard something cooler.

Ridley Scott wants to go back to the original planet to learn more about the origin of the Alien. Apparently they are a bio-genetic made weapon. In Alien 1, the ship crash landed during a shipment of these eggs to earth. You see in Alien 1 - 3 there is this mysterious "company" that keeps trying to get their hands on it. Well in Alien 4, they do, but Alien 4 was really not done well in my opinion. I mean Dan Hedaya was in it for cripe sakes. I couldn't take his character serious. I kept thinking he was going to start cracking a joke. He was in the Adams Family movies. Sigourney should have been done after Alien3.

I mean really... what is the main character in these films? The Alien species, no Ripley! Don't get me wrong. I think Sigourney is an aspiring actress that has made quite a name for herself. She just needs to be out of the Aliens films. I hope they stay away from Earth if they make Alien 5.
JF

JangoFran
I would like to take a Vote. How many people think that the main character in the Alien films are the ACTUAL ALIEN SPECIES? Ripley had her time in the spotlight. Her character should have died after Alien 3.

NO MORE SIGOURNEY! I loved her in the first three, the fourth one (resurrection) was crap!

now. I actually heard something cooler.

Ridley Scott wants to go back to the original planet to learn more about the origin of the Alien. Apparently the aliens are a bio-geneticly developed weapon for warfare. In Alien 1, the ship crash landed during a shipment of these "eggs" to earth.

You see in Alien 1 - 3 there is this mysterious "company" that keeps trying to get their hands on it. Well in Alien 4, they do, but Alien 4 was really not done well in my opinion. I mean Dan Hedaya was in it for cripe sakes. I couldn't take his character serious. I kept thinking he was going to start cracking a joke. He was in the Adams Family movies.

Don't get me wrong. I think Sigourney is an aspiring actress that has made quite a name for herself. She just needs to be out of the Aliens films.

Sorry, but again, I hope that Alien 5 stays away from Earth if they make it. I would love to get this information into Ridley Scotts hands, but I'm sure there is a lot of politics in Hollywood.

JF

KidRock
I only saw resurection..what happened in number 1 how did the aliens first become...umm...aliens lol

Kes
Kid you only saw the last one? Man you got to see from the 1st to the 3rd. They are must see movies!stick out tongue
Jango I think Sigourney is the saga. I think that if they do it without her it will be that tipe of movie that uses the storie line but never makes the cut, like a bad rip off.

JangoFran
For starters, both - thanks for your reply. I've been dying to debate this with someone.

KidRock:
Take Kes's advice and see the first three in proper order. You will love them! Be sure to watch the "Special Edition" of the second film (AlienS)
It has an additional 17 minutes of AWESOME footage.

Kes:
Alien 4 IS the type of movie that uses the storyline and never made the cut. I think part of it was just bad casting. I know Sigourney plays an important part in these films, however let me give another example of a film - PREDATOR. The first film had Arnold, and the second had Danny Glover. Both of them were terriffic films..... because of the alien creature!

Now, If Ridley Scott writes Alien 5 as a "prequel" to Alien 1, there would be no way he could write in Lt. Ripley character into the storyline.

JF

Kes
Dont like Predator lol
Dont like prequels to really old movies cos they look to good (special effects and stuff) Just look at Star wars (dont hurt me erm)
I think Alien 4 just had a bad storie messed

turdmuppet
Sigourney Weaver is cool but she demands too much money for each alien movie which would be better off funneled into less constrictive storylines and better special effects for the aliens. You're right though she may have overstayed her welcome but if she stops asking for too much salary then they should have her be the main character till the end.

turdmuppet
that french stud made city of lost children which i hear is good but have not seen yet, the fincher guy would have made a better alien 3 if the studios had not taken complete control over the production since it was fincher's first feature.
The last 2 could have been worse but niether are unwatchable.

nopy
are they making alien 5 then ?

Tex
SW's agent should be ***** slapped for allowing SW to do Alien IV.
That Alien V premise sounds very interesting, but I doubt it will actually get made.

Godshinto
Alien V is already in production my sources tell me, but it's not just an alien Movie it's The Predators vs. aliens. I don't know if any of guys heard anything about the movie yet if you haven't I will tell you all I know just leave a reply and I will reply back.

turdmuppet
probably since they're rereleasing both alien 1 and 2 into the theatres soon

JangoFran
Kes,
Predator is not a favorite, but I like it. I have to agree with you in regards to the special effects on prequels, but it's kind of cool to go backwards in a story. I remember after I saw Return of the Jedi, I heard rumors that Lucas had written 12 books. Three before "Episode 4" and 6 books after Return of the Jedi. We'll even though that turned out to be false, I thought it would be cool if it were true. In a way it was. Lucas eventually wrote and produced Episodes 1 through 3, and Timothy Zhan came out with that awesome trilogy that takes place after Return of the Jedi. "Heir to the Empire" I believe it was.

Yep, Alien 4 had a bad story and SOME bad casting.

TurdMuppet... you are right on the money dude!

Tex... everything you stated I agree, however, that's a bummer if Aien 5 does not get produced. I have to admit I'd rather not see Alien 5 att all if Sigourney is in it or if it has a bad story.

Godshinto:
Predator vs. Alien... very cool! I almost like this idea better than Alien 5. This is the first I've heard of this, so please tell us more. Thanks.
JF

Tired Hiker
My sources told me that Lucas is working on Episode 0 (zero) which is a prequel to the new prequels and that it starts with Yoda being born, who comes out purple holding two yellow lightsabers. No humans are casted, it will be all done with computer animation, muppets, claymation, and Legos.

Aliens 4 was the best movie I ever saw in the theatres. I was on something though. When I rented it months later sober, it sucked.

Kes
laughing out loud

BackFire349
no big loss.

JangoFran
Tired Hiker... LOL! Awesome post!
JF

Tired Hiker
Thanks, sometimes the bullshit flows and I can't stop myself from being a complete ass.

Kes
Read this. Theres still hope!http://www.killermovies.com/a/alien5/articles/3231.html

Dexx
i kinda like all of the aliens...especially the first one. i was very little and i almost pissed myself scared in front of the tv.
4 was a lil less concentrated but i liked it.
Segourney makes all the movie..i like her.

I like the predator idea. that perfect hunter thing..but the movies aren't that great. they have some good parts. But i LOVED AvP2..the game

Baylin
Of all of them its the 2nd one for me.
I thought the special effects on 3 were poor cos it looked too animated and not very real.
The fourth I thought was good but the ending was very corny.
Doing a prequel is an excellent idea but like Kes said it would be bad if the effects looked better than rest. I'm a huge starwars fan and love all the films but I've got to admit the SFX in the new ones spoil feel of the old ones!

Aliens v Predator a great game but a movie?

skule
are they really gonna do aliens vs predator? dude that would be so awesome!

Kes
Isn't Aliens vs Predator a game?

Godshinto
Yes Aliens vs. Predators was a game first it was put out to test peoples' reaction to the concept, even though the low to no intrest in the game they still decided to go ahead with it anyways. Though I think it will do well in the Box Office because you are bringing in fans from two different movies and two different type of charachters, each with their own following.

Kes
Ok.But I like aliens and predator doesn't really call memessed
I'd prefer a 5th alien movie.

Baylin
I enjoyed the game, and enloyed the seperate films, but to combine the two as a film?
I think its gonna end being one of those tachy 'just for effects' films!

Godshinto
Neither one will be done right they will be done weakly the strongest one is going to be the US Mariens because it's patriotic in a time people need it. Plus I don't think people could handle aliens winning the battle.

Baylin
I like your mis-spell "US Mariens" they are a bit like that not like proper marines stick out tongue (joking!)

mardook
What's she asking for? 12 mill. That's pocket change to what Arnie or Julia Roberts gets paid. Arnie has been in at least 4 or 5 stinkers before he actually scored again with T3. He still got paid 20 - 26 mill for those box office duds. What's so hard about the Studios paying Ms. Weaver 12 mill for a feature? The Alien features would be just like any other creature feature without a familiar face to it. Weaver is part of Alien franchise and without that I think people will not be as willing to see it for the aliens. Because it's boring that way... how many times can Jason Voorhees kill before he gets boring. Jason X!!!

pablo007
Director Ridley Scott on a Possible Alien 5 Source: The Star-Ledger, DVD Rama Wednesday, October 1, 2003

With Alien: The Director's Cut opening at the end of the month, Ridley Scott is talking about the re-release and also the possibility of him directing a fifth film.

The Star-Ledger says that Scott is in talks with 20th Century Fox and that he would take a less-is-more approach and return the franchise to its horror genre roots.

"I'd like to go back to do a tight movie, one-on-one," said Scott. "I think that's always scarier. When you get too many aliens, it diminishes the terror. It becomes an action movie, whereas ours was about flat-out terror."

The trade reports that he's also talking to James Cameron about the project.

Meanwhile, DVD Rama has up an interview with Scott written in French and here's a rough translation.

Fox and Sigourney Weaver contacted me, they wish to conclude the series by that which began it. But there is nothing advanced, we are not even really at the stage of the serious discussions. I do not know really what I could do... unless precisely turning over to the questions put in the first episode. From where does the vessel crushed on the planet comes from with this mysterious extraterrestrial inside? One could wonder whether they're used as weapons of massive destruction, which could threaten the Earth.

BackFire349
yippee, another sequel.

vvvrulz
Woohoo, another sequel.
Will Ripley be back, again?

o kiMMii o
i hope it happens......Scott and Cameron?!
.....would be a good fcukin movie =D

BackFire349
i was being sarcastic by the way.

o kiMMii o
well.....the 1st 2 movies was brilliant! ALiens was even beta.....
but i never got around seeing the otha sequals lol.....i still wana c this happen tho coz Cameron hasnt made a movie in years!

SaTsuJiN
Seems like more of a prequel to me, and who better to finish it then the person who started it off so damn good?

yeah I wanted to know those ambient questions, like about that alien with the huge weapon he was grown into. Im sure they'd have a hard time fitting ripley in there, since she's kindof aging. She's not gonna look like she did when she was in her 30's or late 20's. then again a story timeline explanation could solve that. Also it would be awkward to the movie, cuz you know she'd be the survivor again, or obvious that they'd kill her off if they did another one.

Alien is all about ambience, the eerie sounds, the eerie backgrounds. Its like sortof living inside an aliens body with all these heartbeat sounds, and the flesh covered walls. A very interesting universe made possible of course by the talented H.R. Giger and also the man responsible for the background music of alien. If they want to hit it big again bring those two back lol

ragesRemorse
if camerons and scott were to make the movie. then It would deffaintly be good because they would go back to the source of what fans love and thats aliens and action with terror and claustrophobi. cameron is a geniuos when it comes to directing. If ripley makes an appearance though thats it i'll murder sombody i swear to fuc*king god she destroyed what could have been the greatest franchise of all time. bit*ch

johnny_rotten
Unbelievable !!!!!!...They should bury this theme and move on..FAST !!!!!

Casius
All the aliens movies were cool! 3 was a lil dodgy, but told the story nonetheless!!
I heard that alien 5 was called alien Earth, and i reckon S.W. will be in it coz she survived the last one.
If it is a prequel tho, i reckon it wont be a tradition preqel, but like going back to LV426, and "tracing" back the ship to where it came from.
without ripley, the story would fall apart i reckon, 4 films with her, then suddenly, after managing to survive the last one, shes gone, it kinda screws up all the films.

Casius
Has it ever occurred to any body that the movies( Alien movies) have alternated amount of aliens?
Alien 1 had one alien
aliens (2)- had a heap of aliens
alien 3_ one alien
Alien ressurrection had more than one
And i heard alien 5 will have one to create more suspense or fright or woteva

Bad Boy
Isn't Ridley Scott making Alien 5?

I'll make it if he offers!

StefMan
I heard they were gonna make an Alien vs Predator film...

Kes
This thead has been merged with another so some posts might seem strange.

o kiMMii o
noway i want Sigourney!! shes good.....
and Ridley + Cameron working 2gether on this project if it ever happens.....

Freddy Lover
Anyone here want to see it? I'm not sure if there is already a thread for this but I just had to ask. smile confused

Snipes
there is a thread already on it i think

and i dont want to see Alien 5 at all

Freddy Lover
THAT'S NOT FAIR...Everytime I start some thread it's already a thread. AND BY THE WAY....STEELERS ROCK! NOT THE FALCONS YOU SISSIE!!!!

<<Solo>>
If they do make a fifth Alien, they shoul have a good director. Such as Quentin Tarantino.

Cinemaddiction
Nah, because then we'd just get a bunch of foul mouthed space creatures with machine guns fighting guys with "lightswords" named Jake Cloudhopper, and characters that are "unintentionally" similar to Star Trek characters.

MornGlory
is Alien 5 going to have Sigorny Weaver?? or did she die in one of the past ones.. Ive only seen one of the Alien movies- and that had Winona Ryder in it

jaw2929
She died in Alien 3, but they brought her back in the 4th movie, the one you saw, Alien: Resurrection (which I loved btw) stick out tongue

Anyhow, YES I will definately be seeing an Alien 5 if released....

Imperial_Samura
Sounds interesting. And I think Tarentino would make an interesting version of Aliens (or at least very, very, different), but there is going to be one? And if so, where does Alien vs. Pred fit into the number scheme?

DenKi
No Alien 3 was a complete Dream, none of that happened.

Ripley got infected with the alien insider her at the end of Alien 2, it wasnt a normal face hugger is was a queenface hugger what could make 1 queen(Ripley) and 1 drone(The Dog/Ox)

Imperial_Samura
Yes. So, are there any plot details of this potential Alien 5?

ragesRemorse
Who cares? I hope there are no more alien films. This is comming from a long time alien fan. I gaurentee you if tehre is another alien film, sigourney weaver will be in it. She totally bashed aliens vs predator. After it's moderate success, she said that another alien film may be a good idea. Ripley's character made alien 3 and ressurection complete shit that was plagued with redundancy. The only way to do another alien film that would be at all potentially decen would be to break away from everything the previous films did and do somthing new. There is no way to top alien and aliens, yet they tried two times and got terrible results. Maybe it's just me, but maybe it's time to try somthing new with the franchise, or just dont try at all.

DenKi
Paul Anderson ruined alot of things, I was waiting years for AVP Movie and it sucked so hard. He couldnt even get the Real Alien and Predator Facts right. Like a Chestburster bursting out of some1's bosy just after 10mins of being inside( It should take 1 day )

theres loads of stuff

eggmayo
By Alien 2 you mean Aliens right?

DenKi
yes...

MildPossession
She definitely wants to do an Alien 5, and she mentioned she would like it to go in the direction of concentrating more on her character and how it develops, more psychological like the first Alien film.

If that happens, I would like to see a new one to see how it goes.

Dr. Strangelove
Yeah that would be interesting.

I remember hearing about a year or two before AVP came out that Ridley Scott and James Cameron were in talks of directing and producing a fifth one where the Aliens would invade earth. The talk was stopped once AVP started shooting because both hated the idea of AVP. Haven't heard about that rumor since. sad

Red Superfly
Time to let Alien die already.

It died with 3, then "resurrected" (no pun intended) with 4, which ended the Alien franchise on the worst note possible. AvP started to screw with whatever remains were left.

Time to quit flogging a dead horse.

moviejunkie23
Batman 3 and 4 sucked but that doesn't mean batman 5 is beating a dead horse. Its just breathing new life into a cool franchise. After reading the script of Batman 5 I am glad they are doing it since its pretty good. And if they got the right talent on aliens 5 i am sure it would also be worthy. Just because there is a screwy movie or two in a franchise does not mean you should bail on the whole thing !!!! common!!!!

So what do I think about a Aliens 5 is it has the right talent behind it??

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

SlipknoT
NO!! No one cares about that peice of shit Ripley. She ****ed up both alien 3 and 4. The series just needs to end if thier going in that direction.

MildPossession
You don't, but others are interested.

benx
they r gonna make the 5th film,
but sure this time the aliens take over earth or something

ALIENFAN89
This talk about ****in Rippley out of the series is ****in horse balls.
Resurection didn't completely suck.The cloned rippley wasn't the rippley in the first 3 films in alot of ways(besides the fact that she was a clone)
f*** it!Cloned Rippley is a completely different character all together.I think that the reason Resurection sucked a$$ was because it wasn't the Rippley we knew and loved,it wasn't the Rippley we went to the alien planet with,it wasn't the Rippley that made us feel her fear of the aliens shit she wasn't even afraid of the damn things,it wasn't the Rippley the people were expecting to see.I think resurection was the worse thing that happend to the whole franchise.That movie screwed around with the characters too much.I mean christ you don't f*** around with characters like that.

Who ever wrote Resurection ****ed most of the hope there was for making a 5th movie.I'm not sayin that another great Alien movie can't be made,I'm just sayin it's gonna be a ****in challenge.There better be a team of top notch screenwriters at work for months and finaly come up with the ultimate ending of this great saga.

Smasandian
I think they should get rid of the whole Ripley era and use her character more of a legend. LIke they do in the books.

wishmaster
i dont whant an other alien movie i think there boring the only good one as the sequil we all know whoes better predator

ALIENFAN89

BlackC@t
I swear when I did the search nothing came up.

ALIENFAN89
???k

RavenNightstar
Originally posted by finti
the two first were good, the next two were crap

What's wrong with David Fincher?

Smasandian
There's nothing wrong with him but the movie was okay.
I think Ebert put it best.
" Its the best looking bad movie"

The story kinda of sucks, there's no orginality at all, its basically Alien on a planet instead of a spaceship and the horror is crap.

eleveninches
The first one was good because she was all alone on the ship against an alien.
The second one was good because there were many more aliens.

The last 2 were nowhere as near as good.

'Aliens' is to 'Alien', what 'Terminator2' is to 'The terminator'
In both cases, the original had one unpowered human fighting against a much more deadly and adanced enemy, with no chance of backup.
In both cases, the first sequal had more of an even match, but more special efects. In both cases, the first sequal had a more dangerous enemy, but also had the good guys being much more powerful as well.

b-dan
no more alien sux now predator is the better spicies

Smasandian
Doesnt anybody remember Predator 2?
Hahah.

ALIENFAN89
good god.for christ sake this is an A L I E N 5 forum not a friken predator forum.

Why does everyone think A L I E N 3 sucked?
I thought it was no where near as good but it still was pretty good.

If anyone here has the A L I E N QUADRILOGY and actualy watches the special fetures they would know that director Ridley Scott said that ALIEN was the only one in the serries that was a Horror movie the rest were more Action/Adventure.What this franchise needs to go out with a bang is to return to the Horror genre and to end the A L I E N franchise once and for all.

I am definatly for a new A L I E N movie.Just as long as it is directed and writen well and only if it puts an end to the series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.