Is Jason a Zombie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Napalm
Do you think that calling Jason Voorhees a zombie is a fair statment? He is undead and all. Please post your thoughts.

Cinemaddiction
This is a very, very iffy subject which sucks because continuity in the "Friday the 13th" franchise absolutely blows goats.

Jason Voorhees, first and foremost, is a mongoloid. Retard, for the scientifically inept. He never drown in Crystal Lake, as his mom claimed, and she knew it. They used it as a means to kill the councilors that ignored him.

Eventually, Jason just passed from body to body, which were eventually destroyed, the spirit of Jason never really "died", so I wouldn't refer to him as a zombie. He's still very mentally aware, mobile, doesn't feed on flesh to survive, wasn't a resurrected body, etc.

He's got zombie characteristics, but IMO, the guy is just an indestructible character, like the enigmatic Michael Myers.

eggmayo
I really dont care. I absolutely detest the Friday 13th series.
I find the movies awful and not at all planned out.

dean7879
i think he is a zombie from friday the 13th part 6th and onwards

BackFire
No, he's a super zombie.

Me and my buddy has a conversation about this last summer at like 3 in the morning after watching a few jason flicks. We came to the conclusion that the above description fits him best.

WindDancer
I see Jason as Death personfied (sp?) in human body. He can't be stop or destroy you can only slow him down or direct his killing path in another direction. Kinda like death itself which can't be stop. A juggernaut in a certain way. I think that Zombie is not the proper term for Jason. The only way to stop a Zombie is hitting them hard or shooting them in the head. Jason has been hit, shot, burn, electrocuted, etc...and he just keeps going. I would go with the idea of an Uber Zombie, but to label him as a zombie.....nah!

tabby999
that makes sence also. not as black and white as i thought it would be

TheFilmProphet
ALL very good and interesting points.

moviejunkie23
hey man very interesting theory abou the whole jason never died at crystal lake and he takes over other bodies to assume the role of killing. I don't know if its holds weight though. I can think of a few Jason movies were he is left dead at a certain spot and then at the begining of the next movie he will come back to life at the exact same spot, indicating it is the same body he had used before. Also if Jason had not drowned in crystal lake why was he so afraid when freddy messed around in his head about drowing???
Anyway weitehr he is a zombie or not, someone ealier hit the nail right on the head comparing and contrasting zombies vs jason. Jason is a retard but he is much more aware than a zombie. Jason can use weapons. Jason does not feed. Jason in my opinion is just your basic boogie man evil face

TheFilmProphet
Good arguement, its hard for me to pick sides though because each theory sounds convincing.

miahera
he showed too much feelings when he was being tortured by Freddy. he can't be a zombie.

dean7879
yeah freddy made him cry rock

theres only one freddy kruger...one freddy kruuuuuuuuuuuger! stick out tongue

Wolfie
I classify Jason as a super zombie. Jason actually died in Part 4 and was resurrected in Part 6 as a super zombie.

C-Dic, where did you come up with the "passing body to body" argument? I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just figured he had the same body the whole time.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah! rock

evil face

Cinemaddiction
Friday 9. The doctor/surgeon eats his heart, the "spirits" are seen floating around him, and IIRC, he was the first in a line of people to "become" Jason. I think there were earlier instances, just that one comes to mind.

tabby999
yeah but dean, they had to put in that scene (jason crying) to give Freddy a way to beat jason. think about it, in every other Jason movie, hes been totally cool with water. in Jason Goes To Manhattan hes surrounded by the stuff for ages

eggmayo
True.

papabeard
He is the like the Devil, a force of unstoppable evil, a demon spirit, the laws of our world do not apply to him,he cannot be killed as such concepts of death do not apply to him, continuity is not too bad in the friday the 13th, until part7?, when he starts jumping bodies, and then in later films he is back in his old form boiler suit, mask etc.

tabby999
have any of you watched the little doco on the Haloween DVD? they go into all this bullshit about how myers is a force of nature and all that, maybe jason's creators went for the same approach (one i think is bullshit)?

dean7879
i dunno why people likek jason so much..he is a poor michael myers clone

tabby999
i think he is more interesting than Myers, i dunno why, most likely because the Halloween franchise went bad so quick, i mean #3, what a stinker. took Jason 5 movies to go south. and Jason looks just so much more cool.

MornGlory
Merry CHristmas treetree

moviejunkie23
who came first myers or vorhees?
i mean with the i am immortal stalker that walks never runs shoot me if you want i will never talk but only slash.
I know Jason wasn't walking around doing that in the first movie. When are the dates of when both these characters did this? I want to know wich one is the rip off

TheFilmProphet
Myers

Halloween: 1978

Friday The 13th: 1980

moviejunkie23
hey thanks for that man!!!!!!!
now we know who takes after who when it comes to mike and jason

stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
No problem cool

WaitAndBleed
no he isn t he doesnt eat flesh or brains

Napalm
Can someone define what exactly a super zombie is?

Dazzler619
That's a good question. I'm not sure b/c if he is a zombie,wouldn't he be eating people?

moviejunkie23
naw i think i posted it ealier, i don't think jason falls into any category other than "boogie man"
zombies have way to many characteristics that jason does not have super or otherwise. He is undead yes but any undead creature i can think of has other characteristics than he has.
But a "boogie man" is just a simple title that fits into someone like jason or mike myers or freddy couger perfectly. They are their own breed not to be confused by a specific hybrid of monster.

tabby999
moviejunkie, i'd check the dates of the following Friday and Halloween movies, because both jason and myers were mortal for a while in their respective series, and i think the friday movies were made faster than the halloween ones, just a thought there

Evil Dead
why does this thread have 30 replies?....jesus

zombie

n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force 2: (voodooism) a spirit or supernatural force that reanimates a dead body 3: a god of voodoo cults of African origin worshipped especially in West Indies 4: someone who acts or responds in a mechanical or apathetic way; "only an automaton wouldn't have noticed" 5: several kinds of rum with fruit juice and usually apricot liqueur

www.dictionary.com

The word zombie means, "re-animated dead".........or "walking dead"........Jason Voorhies died in Friday the 13th part 4........he was re-animated as the walking dead at the beginning of Friday the 13th part 6........making him a zombie.

tabby999
yeah, now were fisguring out who became the undead fisrt, Myers or Jason

SlipknoT
Jason

tabby999
yeah, cos they made a heap of friday movies really quickly, but the halloween movies took longer to get made

moviejunkie23
well i think its established in holloween one that myers is like that in the first one because after he falls out that window and was shot he just disapeared. well when did jason show the ability to be able to keep going after severe damage? 2 or 3? i forget

tabby999
not really, lots of people have survived getting shot, even multiple times. one man in Melbourne survived getting shot 5 times in the head.

jason showed the ability to survive the worst of it in 3. he got hanged and an axe stuck in the head. in number two he got stabbed in the shoulder.

Napalm
I really dont remember but I know he was mortal in the first one

tabby999
myers...he was mortal up till three, then they got into that mytical bullshit.
jason was mortal till the end of number 4

Napalm
Yeah they said be was evil taken form and shit like that

tabby999
yeah and all that "thorn" crap. i dont like the halloween franchise much if you havn't guessed, but i still have respect for how well they did the first movie and what it became, even if i think the rest is a pile of horse droppings

Evil Dead
what about the rapper 50 Cent........good example. Didn't he get shot 9 times with several being in the head?........I believe the big scar on the side of his face is from a bullet wound.

Napalm
Your correct about that. Maybe I should make a "Is 50 cent a zombie" thread big grin

moviejunkie23
dude if you don't i will man

tabby999
a prefect example. also a perfect example of why doing some target practice before trying to kill someone is a good idea!

papabeard
Jason was mortal until part3 , I think myers has always been immortal or invincible, and has never been killed and ressurected he is just temporarliy halted , unconcious and then he wakes up, Jason gets killed at the end of part 3 and is endlessly ressurected using lightning in part 4, telekinesis and electricity in takes manhattan, seems to be electricity that revives jason , so according to the dictionary definition i would say jasion is a zombie, but going by definition of zombie flicks like, DAY,DAWN,Night etc these zombies feed on the flesh/brains and have no specific afgenda. Unl;ike jason whos unrelenting need for revenge is the main motivation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.