The Lovely Bones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hayden's minx
So, anyone else read it?
more to the point did anyone else cry? I know I sure did. Definately the most evocative piece I've read for a while, I'd recommend everyone reads this.

So I was talking to this woman who saw me reading it in greece, and she said she found it nice because both of her parents had passed on, and itwas nice to think about them in heaven watching her.
But, to be honest, I had to admit I found it pretty disturbing, even past the initial rape and chopping up of Susie Salmon, this enternal fourteen year old, right through the whole book.
It had excellent character development, plot and development. I can't fault it really, other than I was not prepared to read it because I hardly ever cry, and it had me weeping.

Fetcharada
I have read that. I read it a year ago, it's a very sad and moving book yet I really enjoyed it.

*Danii*
I read it and cryed, a lot! sad
Great book tho.

must_kill_Santa
everyone i know who has read it loved it i lost my dad a bit back but i still didnt care for the book but then i am more of a fantasy/action person but even my friend who is a horror fanatic cryed and loved it so there i must be the only person in the world who was bored by it.

ash23
i started reading but it was just so sad, it made me feel quite depressed so i stopped, is it worth carrying on with?

*Danii*
I thought it was so worth it. It was a really sad book, but it was also really beautiful, like, the idea of having your own personal heaven and stuff. I'm usually more of a fantasy/horror fan, like David Eddings and Jonothan Stroud, but i still loved this book.

slashwristbarbi
Originally posted by must_kill_Santa
everyone i know who has read it loved it i lost my dad a bit back but i still didnt care for the book but then i am more of a fantasy/action person but even my friend who is a horror fanatic cryed and loved it so there i must be the only person in the world who was bored by it. [/QUOTE

I wasnt bored by it, but it wasnt as good as I expected it to be. Dont get me wrong, I did think it was very good and imaginative and very well written...but I didnt really feel emotionlly invovled. Maybe I expected too much because of all the hype.

hayden's minx
It definately is, you have to finish the read!

By the way, cool Donnie Darko sig someone up there ^^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.