AoA 2005 pics and news

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Havoc470
anyone heard of the coming AoA titles starting march 2005, they're gonna start it off with a marvel handbook to all AoA characters it looks great

http://tinypic.com/z06z8

http://tinypic.com/z0705

http://tinypic.com/z0742

sorry about the images, i tried using the file attachment feat but it wasnt working for me

pr1983
heard of it, sounds really cool...

Havoc470
the one-shot coming out has 4 seperate stories made by the original creators who started the first AoA event

Shadow_King
wicked... i cant wait.. i might get it.

Paola
jawdrop it looks amazing!!!!

Havoc470
chris bachalo pencils the 6-part AoA story arc........damn, he's a great penciler

Paola
I knew it was him happy

so.... what will it be about?

TheFilmProphet
looks good......happy

Havoc470
they have it all under raps, there'll probably be interviews and such on wizard come february....but for now all stories are unkown

Shadow_King
i cant wait.... one of the best x-men arcs coming back in a 6 part story... cant wait...

Sunspot
I hope it comes to Portugal...lol...can't wait

Agneto
WOW eek it looks awsome. Love the covers cool

Shadow_King
i hope this isnt gonna be the same storyline but just in 6 books???

Sage Tessa
No, it's a revisit, and ties in with Exiles #60 & 61...

Shadow_King
so its gonna be a totally different storyline??

Sage Tessa
As far as is known...

Shadow_King
ok well i hope.

Sage Tessa

Shadow_King
wait all 5 issues are coming in one month???

Sage Tessa
Apparently...

Shadow_King
that stinks

Shadow_King
ok would you have to collect issues exiles 60 and 61???

Sage Tessa
It probably wouldn't hurt...
I don't know how integral to the story they'll be, however...

Shadow_King
ok... i might just buy the offical handbook of aoa.. i

Nathaniel Grey
I wonder if they'll bring back X-Man in these new AoA issues? That'd be pretty awesome if they did.

Shadow_King
of course they have to bring the mutant who was supposedly the one to bring down apocalypse.

ScarletSpider
They probably have it all coming out the same month so it won't drag on into summer and interfere with this House of M thing they're peddling.

Looks interesting, I missed out the first time around, so it'll be fun to see it for the first time. And is that Silver Samurai on the second cover Havoc posted?

Shadow_King
but its gonna be a totally different storyline.... and i think its gonna have something to do with blink.. but ihave no idea.

TheFilmProphet
Can't wait! happy

psycix
thxs for the pics

Shadow_King
i havea bad feeling aboot this...

eleveninches
Who was it that killed apoc in AOA?
I always thought it was magneto, but i read somewhere that it was nate. ???

Shadow_King
it was magneto... nate got transported to the correct marvel universe with holocaust.

crazyspinz
thats AWSOME i love AoA, will it be longer than last time? hope so, they should keep it going like ultimate and stuff

hope i can get it here in canada

Shadow_King
well i liked how AOA just like a arc... making a series outta aoa i dunno really.... that sounds ok.... and of course it will come out in canada... it has to.

HarmoNiC FLo
If they revisit AoA, then i know we'll see Nate. if they continue tha arc then...i fear Nate wont be there.

Shadow_King
of course nate has to be in the AOA.

HarmoNiC FLo
but think about it, he was killed off...if they continue tha story arc then how would nate fit in AoA? also, he was in 616 timeline, how could he be in AoA?

only way is if they redo tha whole AoA

Shadow_King
when did they kill him off????

HarmoNiC FLo
like 2001, X-Man issue 75. damn u didn't know? www.uncannyxmen.net go to spotlights and then X-Man.

Shadow_King
oh i know they killed him off but i didnt know when or which series.

Shadow_King

Paola
you beautiful people want a preview? flirt

pr1983
yeah go on... you were talkin about me weren't you?

ayjay
o0o preview..PREVIEW! PREVIEW! PREIVIEW!

ayjay
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/news/xmenaoaoneshotbig.jpg

o0o0o0o...ko0olness

Paola
I hate you ayjay! miffed

Paola
whistle

Paola
eek!

ayjay
^__^..you're da bestest paola!...wo0o weee!!...lookie at dem pieces of art....maayn...dat is some ACE comic ryt their folks...

Paola
smile

Paola
thanks ayjay!
I don't hate you, I was joking winkiss

ayjay
*dro0olz...drool...i love the way they incorporating manga inking into comics...*sigh..so0o beautiful....i am so0o gettin dis series.....

ayjay
i know u dun hate me....who could hate ME?...heheh jks...sall go0od big grin

Paola
last one...

ayjay
last one??? AWWWWW.....*SIGH...*sniff....

Paola
sorry! sad

eleveninches
more here:
http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3880

ayjay
i love that website....

Sage Tessa
X-Men: AoA #1 First Look @ Comics Continuum...

ayjay
o0o thanx sage

Shadow_King
this is bad to do this.... in my opinion..

ayjay
why?

Shadow_King
i dunno... i just think they are gonna ruin the whole AOA with this new arc.....

ayjay
hmm....maybe..but i'd get it just google at the kool artwork

Shadow_King
and like how the hell did sinister lived???? in the new AOA arc???

pr1983
this is complete bullshit...

colossus stopping in the middle of the fight... the guy has more honour than most x-men...

just more goddamn exposure for logan...

Shadow_King
how did the x-men survive???? i thought magneto and all of them died at the end...

Sage Tessa
Solicit text for X-Men: Age of Apocalypse One-Shot:

"Marvel's celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Age of Apocalypse begins here! Many of the creators involved in the original Age of Apocalypse event return for this special double-sized issue, including a special pin-up section! Join us as we revisit the AoA world with four original stories featuring characters you know and love. Discover the origin of Generation Next! Witness the first meeting of Sabretooth and Wild Child! Behold Weapon X's first run-in with Mariko Yashida in Japan! And you won't believe how the AoA world survived the nuclear holocaust that threatened it!"

Looks like they've already thought of that... wink

Shadow_King
this is the worst idea ever in my opinion.... they should have just left the aoa as it was....

Sage Tessa
Non-existent? big grin

pr1983
pretty much...

Shadow_King
this is bad.. i guess i am gonna have to burn all the copies before they come out.

pr1983
i'll help *grabs petrol can*

Shadow_King
great. *also grabs petrol can*

ayjay
but but but....the art duudes....even if the stories suck ass....the art is sik ass...

pr1983
bachalo? that guy should be strung up imo...

the art on that colossus story aint bad though...

rougeredmage
two slightyest problems firstly
AOA never existed as it was averted
secondly they where all nuked by the british?

the only way i could possible see them surivive is if sunfire absorbed or cosumed all the radiation into his own being but that doesnt look likely from the image files as he looks alive and well and not blaoted with radiation

oh and i know thry are going to spoil this like they allways do.

crazyspinz
one question, didnt AoA tooth lead an exiles ish group of displaced heroes? how would he getg back there?

rougeredmage
read exiles 59 i kinda read it in the shop as i didnt want to buy it but it kinda explianed how it hpeprns in that

eleveninches
AOA tie-in:
http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3921

pr1983
eleven where'd u get the pic for your sig?

eleveninches
I found a large scale version of it somewhere on the net and shrunk it using MS paint. The smiley face I made myself smile

pr1983
sweet.... any chance of a copy of the original?

eleveninches
i'll PM you.

pr1983
thx...

eleveninches
I've just had a look through a full spoiler issue of AOAX #2.

Magneto keeps referring to the fact that he 'cant keep living this lie'

AOA X-23's background is briefly explained (she was one of sinister's creations and was found by magneto and raised as one of his x-men).

Then she is revealed to be logan's daughter. He tells her that he has no reason to return, and has no emotional needs that need filling, to which she replies 'what about revenge'.

They are attacked by northstar and aurora, who have tracked them down to bring logan back. Logan and x-23 kill the brother-sister team, and logan agrees to return to the x-men.

ayjay
woooaaa.....koool!!!

eleveninches
THe local comic book store usually gets previews in about a week before the release, but usually only puts them on display from monday. The bad part about that is that they dont get the new comics in for sale until thursday (instead of wednesday)

eleveninches
There was a full preview of the new x-men: the end issue, but I couldn't be bothered to look through it.

Sunspot
omg pao...the pics you posted of the AoA comics are the best ever... I wish AoA comes to portugal... *starts praying and begging*

eleveninches
I didnt get to read the original AOA.

What happenned to scott in AOA??

ayjay
apprently...cos i havent read it either..but wolverine apparently rips out one of his eyes....and then cyclops blows one of wolverines hands iff...i dunno how it all started though

Jimmy Buggs
in AoA scott and alex summers work for sinister.

ayjay
o0oo..that explains it....

Sunspot
scott dies...havok kills him...then wolverine kill havok...I can be mistaken though

Havoc470
has anyone read the new AoA stuff? #1 and the one-shot came out last week, i couldnt get the one-shot but i got my hands on #1, its awesome stuff

eleveninches
dbl post. sorry

eleveninches
here:

ayjay
o0o0o...sweeeeeet

eleveninches
I had a full-scale version, but it refused to upload.
The cover of AOAX #6 looks very much like onslaught, methinks.

Ryonslaught
Tsk Tsk Tsk..... cool

eleveninches
Originally posted by eleveninches
I had a full-scale version, but it refused to upload.
The cover of AOAX #6 looks very much like onslaught, methinks.

See ?

eleveninches
or is it just maggie?

Sage Tessa
I think it's Magneto, as he's an extremely important part of the AoA universe, and other than (maybe) this he's not featured on any of the covers...

eleveninches
I thought it was him, but it does look like onslaught

Sage Tessa
Indeed it does... swank

eleveninches
Preview:
I was in my local comic book shop on friday lunchtime, and had a quick look through the AOA#4 full-issue preview.
Psylocke returns and saves charles and rescues the x-team.
Magneto confesses that it wasnt him that stopped the bombs from falling. It was Jean Gray........and She's still alive.........under the control of sinister.
Apparently, he had to make the public believe in a strong figurehead, so he pretended to be the saviour of mankind, whereas in reality, he made a deal with sinister, and now the bad man wants magneto to honour his part of the deal.

Sage Tessa
Interesting... cool

Sunspot
I finally got my hands on AOA one shot and AoA #1-#3 and thet blew me away, especially the one shot...so well drawn...I loved the sabretooth part...can't wait for number #4

btw: rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.