What is your family's tradition for Christmas?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
In other words what does your family and you do on Christmas eve or Christmas day that you do every year?
For me it is drinking egg nog and eating cookies singing christmas carols and opening gifts.
Then on Christmas day it is waking up early and giving gifts to family members and going to church.
And having family come over.So what do you do with your family on this day?JM Happy Dance

eggmayo
Whats a tration?

Jackie Malfoy
It is what you and your family do on Christmas eve or Christmas day that you do every year!JM

eggmayo
Oh right.... like a tradition?

T.M
i don't have any traditions i wake up on xmas eve and do nothing then i wake up on xmas day normally early because of my a$$hole brother then i open presents, have food and get drunk

what xmas is all about yes

eggmayo
I get up at about 7 on christmas day, open presents, then we eat food, i go on pc and my mum and old relatives play scrable and i get sh*t-faced

Jackie Malfoy
I corrected the word thanks!It sounds like fun!JM

Fetcharada
on xmas eve, my stepdad goes down to collect my grandma while the rest of us tidy and mess about and then we have lunch and hang out in the living room for a while, have dinner and hang out some more and then we go to midnight mass much later in the evening.
on xmas day we get up and open our presents and just sit around for the rest of the day. same on boxing day and my grandma goes home after lunch.

Jackie Malfoy
What is boxing day Claire?JM

Fetcharada
Boxing Day is the day after Xmas day...I'm not sure why it's called that. confused

T.M
boxing day i beleived to have began in Britain in the middle ages. Historians say the holiday developed because servants were required to work on Christmas Day, but took the following day off. As servants prepared to leave to visit their families, their employers would present them with gift boxes.

Jackie Malfoy
What do you do on Boxing day?and what countrys is this celbrated in?JM

Fetcharada
Well I just try out all my new presents! it is celebrated everywhere in the UK, but I've never really thought where else..

Jackie Malfoy
Cool idea.I like that.I guess it is for Canda maybe and england.That is my guess on it.Well merry Christmas everyone.JM

Fetcharada
You too smile

and TM- if i ever need info on anything, i know where to go happy

Jedi Priestess
We all meet at my parents house at 6pm Christmas EVE and have a Christmas feast and then open presents. smile Then my children and I go home and have our Christmas and then we go to midnight mass.

Fetcharada
Cool JP. I can't wait for mass tonight Happy Dance

chelsea17
A couple weeks before christmas, we go to my gradparent's house and put our name in a drawing and then we draw other people's names to buy them something for christmas. Then, on christmas eve, my dad's side of the family(the ones that do the drawing) meets at my uncle's house and exchanges gifts.

Then on christmas day, we just stay at home, open presents, and then eat.

Jackie Malfoy
Do you mean like advant angels or Secret santas?JM

chelsea17
It's supposed to be like secret santas...but everyone tells who they got. ruins it all roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jackie Malfoy
Oh it would.I would get mad if I were you.We did not do it this year but on Christmas eve we have to guess who our secret santa is before we are given the gift.
I like it that way better.JM

chelsea17
That sounds awesome

Jackie Malfoy
Yea it is pretty fun!I enjoy it.This year however we did not do it.Don't know why I wish we did.I love it.JM

chelsea17
Well with as much snow as we have, I think they are cancelling the christmas party tonight

Silver Stardust
We always open one gift at night on Christmas Eve, and then usually get up early on Christmas Day and open up the rest of the gifts, and then usually just hang around at home the rest of the day, unless we're going to one of my aunts' houses for the rest of Christmas day.

Jackie Malfoy
It sounds like fun!Well better get going.See yu guys later!JM

Clovie
supper (two suppers) on xmas eve (with 12 dishes)
then presents
then more prestns
and even more prestnes
then nice dinner on xmas day
then bday party happy on boxing day

angelsflame265
I go to my aunts house christmas eve
My house christmas day
and the day after christmas I go to my grandparents house

silver_tears
We actually watch corny movies around the fire place in front of the tree Christmas Eve embarrasment
Then we go to midnight mass normally, and then sleep till like noon.
Then Christmas Day, we open gifts and have a lunch at home, and go to one of my parents' clients for their huge dinner party they throw.

chelsea17
guys...i feel so dumb asking this..but what is the midnight mass?

silver_tears
Mass at midnight stick out tongue
Like in a church confused

R0B
Church at midnight

chelsea17
oh ok....sorry, i'm not too familiar with some of these terms embarrasment

Beyond Image
our families tradition died with our dad. so now its a struggle just to drop by one another's house just to say hi. guess its another day just to eat and spell christmas without " christ". things change so now the world knows.

drunk_nazgul
Our tradition used to be to open a small present on Christmas Eve, but then my nana died. So we don't do that anymore.
But we still cook and bake a lot on Christmas Eve, and take some food to my other nana's house after opening presents the next day.

And this year, I'm getting my hair dyed for Christmas! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.