The Daily Prophet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MerMorgan02
Welcome to the Daily Prophet. Here you can post information on Harry Potter, His friends, the books, the movies, and any other magical chat. Have fun!

MerMorgan02
Topic: Magic in Real Life

u know how Hermione's favorite subject in Hogwarts is Arithmancy? well, I can show u how 2 work Arithmancy.

firstly, u can find out about someone by using there names; the first and last names. U use numbers to find out.

use the chart:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A B C D E F G H I
J K L M N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z

and put down the name:
example: Morgan Landinski, = 469715 315495129
Put the numbers under the name according to letter, the u need to add them in 3 different ways to get three numbers: The Heart Number, Character Number, and the Social Number. u add all of the numbers for the Character number, then add the digits together until u get a one digit number. that's ur Character number:4+6+9+7+1+5+3+1+5+4+9+5+1+2+9=?
For the Heart, u add the vowel numbers, using the same tecniqe:
6+1+1+9+9=?
for the Social number, u add the consonants:
4+9+7+5+3+5+4+5+1+2=?
Just tell me the number results, and I'll tell u what each number means. then u can tell me if it works. it's worked for me so far!

lilsis
well for the...

character#=75
heart#=35
social#=40

angelsflame265
ooooooo yea I have a book with this in it

Orlando´s Angel
character. .. .. . .82
heart .. . . . . .29
social . . . . .. .53

i also think these is a very interesting subject . . .

AddictedToBoys
i think it is interesting 2
char. 9
heart. 9
social. 7

angelsflame265
If you have two numbers you need to add them together until you get one number

Jackie Malfoy
In today's news.We will be talking about harry's annoying temper in the fifth book.

Why was he angry all the time?
Why did the angry not go away once he was with his friends?
Would the angry want him to kill someone he loves?

Let me know if any of you guys want to answear these!JM

MerMorgan02
I think harry needs to go 2 a phychistrist. stick out tongue ( however this is spelled)
did NE 1 else hear? the 6th book will b called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I just found that out.

Orlando´s Angel
yes, your rigth ! lol

character. .. .. . . 1
heart .. . . . . . 2
social . . . . .. . 8
there, so, who is going to tell us wath it means ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

AddictedToBoys
I KNEW THAT...i found out in the paper, also online
and yes, harry should go 2 a psychiastrist (that is spelled wrong) because he is sorta mental, if u think about it
answer to Jackie Malfoy's questions...
1)he just was, because no 1 believed him when he said that voldemort was back
2)cuz he's stupid and cant control his anger
3)probobly

MerMorgan02

hotsauce6548
1. He's a teen.

2. He's a teen.

3. He's a teen.

There ya go.

angelsflame265
/\ i gotta agree with that

MerMorgan02
did u know that the Basalisk use to b a kind of lizard/dragon thing? And it is known as the King of Serpents originated because of it's name, (basalisko in Greek means "Little King"wink and because of the crown markings around it's head. The Basalisk today is said to be an lizard from the iguana family. It can run across water, which gave it it's nickname, the Jesus lizard.

angelsflame265
haha thats a litle weird

MerMorgan02
Im dead serious! it is kinda funny, but it makes some sense, agreed?

AddictedToBoys
agreed

MerMorgan02
Now here's a topic I would LOVE to talk bout 4ever. The relationship between Ron + Hermione. Will it work out? will they go steady? Share First Kisses? Marry, possibly? I think so. well, at the very least, b best friends 4ever, and never loose contact. I mean, Ron's just shy, and Ill give him the excuse that he's just a teenage boy like some other people have made very clear about Harry *coughcoughhotsauce6548coughcough*. But, Hermione, though strongheaded, and smart as she is, is gonna let Ron lead on this 1. Ron could possibly b the end of there relationship. Who agrees, dissagrees, or thinks otherwise?

AddictedToBoys
yes i think it will work out. yes they will go steady. they probobly will share a kiss. Possibly, they might marry. My friend would be devastated if ron got married to hermione. just my thoughts

MerMorgan02
Yeah, she would, wouldn't she? she'd probably kill Emma watson if She kissed Rupert Grint in one of the movies. lol, I could c it now....

AddictedToBoys
i think she would fly 2 where they are shooting the movies and get into a cat fight w/ emma (who i think is really cool) but kristin disagrees. she wants rupert all 2 herself. she calls herself RGL ((rupert grint lover)

MerMorgan02
yeah. u no, peeps, feel free 2 make up ur own topics on Harry Potter. Just I ask u to tell us what the topic is b4 u launch into disscution.

~Air Angel~
I don't mind this thread, however keep all relationship related convo's outta this thread or I'll close it. There are TONS of shipper threads already out in the forum.

Other than that this thread is good! big grin

~AA~

MerMorgan02
What would b the most difficult challange in the TriWizard Tornament? U can make up ur own, or just use the 1 from the book, and movie, which is comming out soon, possibly this year!

AddictedToBoys
The most difficult one for Harry was definatly the maze.
The lake challenge would be probobly the most difficult for me.

MerMorgan02
I think a challenge that risks other firned's lives would b the end of me. immagine, u fail, and a person u hold dear is gone 4ever. I would totally loose it.

dark1365
Definitely lake challenge.

AddictedToBoys
lake challenge was probobly the wierdest, cause Ron, Hermione, Cho, and the French girl were drowned on purpose, but Dumbledore could have been sued for drowning someone(s) on purpose

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah. I'd be devastated if ron drowned. sad it would be a nightmare! well, for me, at least.

AddictedToBoys
i new that

#1Rupert_Lover
i know. i just wanted to remind you guys. thank god it didn't happen. I'd be crying my eyes out just like this smilie here. crybaby

AddictedToBoys
interesting...

#1Rupert_Lover
yeah, and it'd be even worse if Rupert Grint died.

MerMorgan02
lol ur nuts! big grin

MerMorgan02
Which "Magical tool, or weapon" would u choose? a wand? Anything besides? What would ur wand type be?

#1Rupert_Lover
i'd probably want some magical sword, and it would be really sharp, so i'd have to be careful with it. i'd love to have a sword. a wand would be nice, too.

MerMorgan02
Moon-Maple, 10'', Unicorn Hair, flexible, good for defense, charmwork, and dueling. Cool, huh? big grin

#1Rupert_Lover
yeah. but that's a pretty short wand. only 10". I like stuff very long, like a 13" wand. it would be quite fun to poke people with. big grin

AddictedToBoys
poke umbridge and snape and all slytherins EXCEPT malfoy
me? i used to have a wand on harrypotter.com, but then the site changed and i have no idea what it is. i remember it was 12 inches though. and it was really cool

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah, I went on that website and had a wand too. I forget how long the wand was, though.

MerMorgan02
I had pheonix feather something, everytime I got a new 1, it was different. that's y I made up my own. I like it better. big grin

#1Rupert_Lover
maybe I should use my magical sword for the "Umbridge. Hate her? Want to poke her" thread. what do u think?

AddictedToBoys
huh

#1Rupert_Lover
never mind.

#1Rupert_Lover
oh, but get this. I memorized what kind of wand Ron has. it's a willow, 14", and it contains one unicorn tail hair. (That's his second wand, not his first.)

MerMorgan02
Ugh! u need 2 get some other intrests! lol stick out tongue

MerMorgan02
What spell, if u could make up ur own, would u make? what color sparks would it give off? what would the incantation b?

#1Rupert_Lover
shoot webbing out of the wand. it would be white of course. and the incantation would be Spidamun. i would love that spell.

AddictedToBoys
how did i no that???

#1Rupert_Lover
laughing out loud because u and mermorgan no me 2 well.

MerMorgan02
which is really sad. big grin

I would make 1 like a love spell, and the sparks would b light blue. incantation...."Shandru Annium"

#1Rupert_Lover
What does Shandru Annium mean?

MerMorgan02
It's just a random incantation. i thought it sounded cool. big grin

#1Rupert_Lover
oh.

MerMorgan02
What's the incantation 4 urs?

#1Rupert_Lover
Spidamun. it's a spell for web shooting.

MerMorgan02
neeto. remind me next time we c a villan, OK? lol!

#1Rupert_Lover
lol. ok.

MerMorgan02
wink raven could b helping right now.... *looks at watch impatiently*

#1Rupert_Lover
okay.

AddictedToBoys
hey what bout me???

#1Rupert_Lover
no idea. ask morgan.

MerMorgan02
What character do u wanna b? PM me and I'll tell u the availability. we don't want this thread closed, now do we?

AddictedToBoys
k

#1Rupert_Lover
are we gonna continue this topic, or are we going on to a new one? just wanna no.

MerMorgan02
who's ur fav teacher at Hogwarts? y?

#1Rupert_Lover
hmm, that's a tough one. I guess I'd say Hagrid. because he has all those cool, dangerous creatures.

AddictedToBoys
snape cause ive always wanted to make a decent potion that will MAKE MY HAIR GROW LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!

~Air Angel~
Dumbledore! B/C there is so much about him that we don't know. Like...does he watch everyone from the cards (chocolate frog), why doesn't he talk to his brother very much? Is his brother magical...... and also I'd like to know who he's related to in wizards. ...

He's just a fascinating character to me. sorcerer

MerMorgan02
OK, I like and think I'd learn the most off of McGonagal, or Flitwick, becuase I like charms and spells that make a difference. I would like Lupin, if he was still teaching, and I would say the DADA teacher, only u never no who it's gonna b. The most goofy, and perfect teacher, in who's class I could catch up on my reading, is trerlawny, so I might say her, 2. big grin

AddictedToBoys
wat bout binns~u could do homework, read, ne thing that u wont b caught doing

#1Rupert_Lover
yeah, that would b fun! if hogwarts was real and if I was in prof. binns' class with u guys, I'd probably throw my quill at mermorgan's head when binns is not noticing. i could imagine it now... *imagining* laughing out loud... *sigh*... if only hogwarts was real.

AddictedToBoys
i would read the entire series every single day, without fail

MerMorgan02
roll eyes (sarcastic) u guys r nuts! laughing I would smack ur wand out of ur hand, and Prof. binns would turn on me and say, "Hem, Miss......?" I would say, "Morgan." "Moranne, u must stop whispering, and pay attention." and then he would keep talking until the bell rings, and then he would keep talking without noticing that his class left.

AddictedToBoys
that would be funny

#1Rupert_Lover
lol. i could definitely imagine that happening.

AddictedToBoys
where were u??????????????

#1Rupert_Lover
what do u mean?

MerMorgan02
Guys, topic! eek!

MerMorgan02
who's the hunk in Harry Potter? Who could b done without? what's ur personal thoughts on the guys (or girls) in the movies, books, etc.

AddictedToBoys
malfoy, ne body try to steal him is going to b minced meat, my personal thought 4 the road

MerMorgan02
rigghhhht. wink

#1Rupert_Lover
Rupert Grint's the hunk, of course. The guy who plays victor krum could be without. HE'S BUTT UGLY! Ron Weasley is awesome.

MerMorgan02
u seriously need to change ur priorities.

#1Rupert_Lover
very funny.

ladygrim
smile

AddictedToBoys
harry is partial hunk, but not as cute as tom(malfoy)

#1Rupert_Lover
Oh brother roll eyes (sarcastic) personally, i think dan's not good looking. he's better looking than victor krum, though. (if you saw the pictures of this actor, you'd understand what i mean.) if i were to rate who looks the best in harry potter, it would be in this order:
1. Rupert Grint
2. Tom Felton
3. Daniel Radcliffe
and yatayatayata... until we get to the dead last person. And that would b, of course, the guy who plays victor krum. or should i say vicky. big grin

MerMorgan02
ur so mean, cruel and heartless! (JK) laughing it doesn't matter what people look like on the outside, it's what's inside, that counts. Like, 4 example, .........ME!!!! wink

#1Rupert_Lover
Oh yeah. that's a great example *sarcastically*. laughing out loud only joking. but seriously. i hate krum. those kind of guys bug me. and there's always someone in something who has to be one of those annoying "Life Ruiners" as i like to call them. example; (For those spider-man fans who like the movie) Harry Osborn and J. Jonah Jameson's son, John, both dated Mary Jane, and poor peter parker (a.k.a spider-man) has to go through pain and torture while she's dating the "life ruiners". and vicky's doing the same thing to poor ron. i just hope ron will have the same luck as peter did and get the girl. that's my opinion. oops, i think i got off topic. what were we talking about again?

AddictedToBoys
i saw a picture and krum is ugh-ley

#1Rupert_Lover
see! my point is made! crummy vicky... I mean... victor krum is an ugly life ruiner! big grin

#1Rupert_Lover
and I'm not gonna change my mind about it!

AddictedToBoys
u have a strong mind bout that

#1Rupert_Lover
I know I do! and are we going to get on to a new subject? this one's making me negotiate too much. though I could go on for hours about Rupert Grint...
*sigh*... he's so hot... *Comes back to reality* whoops, I spoke my thoughts out loudblushing. oh well. it's not like no one knows i'm obsessed with him.

MerMorgan02
OK, we r in desprate need of a new topic!

AddictedToBoys
list is not in correct order. dont care which order

mad-eye
lupin
hagrid
mcgonnegall
flitwick
dumbledore
definatly NOT umbridge
definatly NOT trelaweany

#1Rupert_Lover
here my list of the coolest teachers:
Lupin
Hagrid
Mad Eye
Mcgonagall
Dumbledore doesn't exactly count as a teacher, but he's also cool. Here's the ones that i think are okay:
Professor flitwick
Professor sprout
Here are the least coolest:
Professor Umbridge (despise her)
Professor Snape
Professor Trelawney

and that's my list. big grin

MerMorgan02
Trelawny is the most freakiest teacher EVER!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!! nah, JK. OK, here's my list:

1. uhh......gimme some time, this 1's hard........

#1Rupert_Lover
I have a feeling this is gonna take a while.

ladygrim
yes

AddictedToBoys
that will take forever :says it in long slow voice as in SandLot:

#1Rupert_Lover
laughing

#1Rupert_Lover
sleep1

#1Rupert_Lover
Yoo hoo! Ya gonna answer already, Morgan?

AddictedToBoys
wat? whos there??? is there an axe murderer there??? should i bring my gun???

#1Rupert_Lover
Whoa. Calm down, ATB. Morgan's just not answering. But you better bring the gun just in case.

MerMorgan02
All u Moy Locco, just tah let ya no.

so, what r we talkin' bout? Puh-leez tell me!

FEDFAN316
yeah what r we talkin bout?im bored and i dont feel like going through all these pages to figure out

#1Rupert_Lover
We're listing who we think are the coolest teachers in the books and movies.

ladygrim
stick out tongue ello

AddictedToBoys
hi!

FEDFAN316
proffessor lupin in the books and snape in the movies

ladygrim
hmmm...i like pro snape and lupin in both movies and the books ...

#1Rupert_Lover
interesting.

Phoenix
I believe the original top;ic is that this was meant to be a newspaper for people to write articles for... or at least, that's what I'm syaing it should be, as opposed to random discussions! Take it to the Three Broomsticks or a relelvent discuaaion thread guys! big grin

ladygrim
but it still made me hungry

bak to the topic .... i forgotten it

FEDFAN316
have some pizza then.pizzapizza

#1Rupert_Lover
yummy.

AddictedToBoys
New Topic!!!!!!!

Mine is Potions, even though Snape sux, meesa can make potion to make malfoy fall in love w/ me.
Least fav~> divination (all the time)
defence against the dark arts (books 1,2,and5)
the teachers were NOT VERY SMART!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladygrim
hmm i have two potions and the dada

MerMorgan02
Um...let me think...Astronomy, charms, or arithmancy. all of those sound cool. I would also like DADA, taught either by Lupin or THE REAL Mad-eye.

Phoenix
*mopes*

original topic better! stick out tongue

AddictedToBoys
yes

#1Rupert_Lover
Hm. I'd have to say Defense against the Dark arts when they have good teachers like Lupin teaching, and also Charms.

mrs.tomfelton18
yeah...w/e

Unicor777

tigress
reported the teaser trailer will be shown for GoF on abc I dont have abc pouts ah well cool stuff anyway

Unicor777

MerMorgan02
wow, u guys r very serious about this Daily Prophet thing! What should the next post b?

MerMorgan02
did I scare every1 off? big grin

MerMorgan02
OK, here's news: Harry, Potter contest! if u win, u get a free copy of book 6, and u get 2 be on the TODAY show, AND u get 2 meet JK Rowling, AND u get 2 fly 2 England and get $750 free spending money. the tickets r free and u get 2 bring 1 other person w/ u on the trip. check out the details at scholastic. com, and go 2 Harry Potter contest. I'm tryin' it! Keep ur fingers crossed 4 me, guys wink

#1Rupert_Lover
right. Wait. do you meet just JK Rowling? Because there are some contests where you can meet JK Rowling and some of the actors. By the way. You better bring ME on the trip. big grin just kidding. you'd probably have to bring one of your parents or something. that would be cool to get invited though.

MerMorgan02
nah, I'd bring my mom, and we'd visit london, and do fun stuff.

atb18
i'd bring my cuzin

MerMorgan02
yup, u would.

#1Rupert_Lover
I don't know who I'd bring if I won. Probably one of my friends.

MerMorgan02
I just mailed mine! keep ur fingers crossed, guys! big grin

#1Rupert_Lover
okay, my fingers are crossed. *sitting at the computer for the next hour with fingers crossed*
...Um, when can I stop crossing my fingers?

MerMorgan02
yeah, i didn't make it. sad crybaby cry

Phoenix
The topic seems to have got lost...

*rummages in bag for Marauders Map*

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..."

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by MerMorgan02
yeah, i didn't make it. sad crybaby cry

It's all right Morgan. you'll live. Let's look at the bright side. I went to Walt Disney World for two weeks, and was there for the Star Wars weekend, which was extended. Not to mention that while I went to Disney-MGM Studios when it wasn't Star Wars weekend, I heard Harry Potter music playing near the giant mickey hat and saw Harry Potter books in the middle of the tower of terror store. Oh... Wait... that's my bright side. Sorry. smile

MerMorgan02
Oh, right, that's REALLY helping.

#1Rupert_Lover
Wow, this thread's died down. does anyone have any news about Harry Potter or anything?

MerMorgan02
new movie? erm I dunno...that's kinda old news.

Saratn
good question...*thinks*

MerMorgan02
Hey, Saratn. Welcome 2 The Daily Prophet! this thing's next to ancient. wink

danagrint
I like this Daily Prophet!

Saratn
well let's revive it!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>