Why Jason kills...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PissedOffGoalie
My friend and I are arguing over why Jason kills. I say it's to avange himself and she says its to avange his mom. Who's right? i think i am i take psychology, Jason kills for himself.

leatherface12
Your freind is right because he has come back to avange his mom. If you watch f vs j then you will see that he listened to his mother even though it was freddy. But he does it for his mom.

Freddy_vs_Jason
and the fact that he was teased when he was a child for being disfigured, and he vowed to kill every teenager in the crystal lake area, because the camp conselers who were teenagers let him drown that day at the lake.

leatherface12
Yeah so your actually both right.

Freddy_vs_Jason
yeah

sauron
because its in the script

Zilverz
Interesting question that stimulated some further thought.

They paint Jason Voorhees as an Innocent Child that drowns. If that is the case. Wouldnt he have went to heaven? Thus there would be no deal with the devil to come back as a demon for revenge. I am siding with him NOT drowning in the Lake and Satan tempted his innocense.

Then I dont understand why he would not have went back to his mother if he didnt drown. Did she file a lawsuit against camp crystal and they scammed insurance? hahaha

PissedOffGoalie
naw Jason kills for himself in F v J when Freddy (as Mrs Voorhees) told Jason to stop killing he didnt that proves he kills for himself

Freddy_vs_Jason
What?! He killed for mrs voorhees, she told him to at the start. But when he was draged into the dream world he starting killing for himself because he realised that his mum was freddy tricking him

Dogbert
Because the studio created him to kill, DUH.

PissedOffGoalie
Pfft Jason never stopped killing he was taking a break but yes he does listen to moomy and he does love her but he kills for himself. so when mrs v (freddy) said 'start killing' he did cause he LISTENS to her but KILLS for himself

Freddy_vs_Jason
Listen Pissedoff goalie, i have seen ALL the friday the 13th films, i know for a fact that he kills for her AS WELL AS FOR HIMSELF, why would he kill the teens of elm street for him self? its the crystal lake teens he wants, and he did stop killing while he was dead of course, freddy merly ressurcted him.

PissedOffGoalie
i watched all of them too and i know he kills for HIMSELF

Evil Dead
"and he vowed to kill every teenager in the crystal lake area, because the camp conselers who were teenagers let him drown that day at the lake"

now where the hell in any Friday the 13th movie did they say any of this?

If you have actually watched the Friday the 13th movies you will already know this. In the opening sequence to part 3 or 4 there is a campfire scene. The teenagers are sitting around telling the story of Jason Voorhies. In this scene they clearly state that Jason was in the woods and saw his mother decapitated (at the end of part 1) and now kills to avenge her death.

Gee........this debate could have been easily been settled if you and your friend had actually sat down and watched all the movies.

Freddy vs. Jason........have you actually ever watched the Friday the 13th movies?

PissedOffGoalie
yes i have and i own them all. and if "and he vowed to kill every teenager in the crystal lake area, because the camp conselers who were teenagers let him drown that day at the lake" then he kills to avange himself. but i agree he was very sad when his mom was killed and yes he does want her back but he kills for himself

Evil Dead
Pissedoffgoalie.........I don't think Freddy vs. Jason has actually watched the films. You can just ignore him on the subject. I believe I actually remember him posting that he had only seen one or two Friday the 13th films back when he first started posting here.

and.......why would you think he killed for himself when you own the movies and have seen them? The beginning of part 3 or 4 clearly states he kills out of revenge for his mother being killed.

Freddy_vs_Jason
im not a "him" evil dead, i'm a "she" and i HAVE seen all the firday the 13th movies, apart from 5 coz there know need since jason isn't in it

Evil Dead
okay......I just recall you posting that you had only seen one or two Friday the 13th movies and one or two Nightmare on Elm Street movies back when you first started posting here. The only reason I remember is that I found it rather ironic that you had only seen a couple movies out of each series and hadn't even seen the movie Freddy vs. Jason yet but had the screen name Freddy vs Jason. So you went back and watched them............should have payed more attention.

Cinemaddiction
That would be 4. Saw it this afternoon, thus the "Jason" kick I am suddenly experiencing.

Evil Dead
Thanks for clearing that up Cinemaddiction.......

I own 11 movies of the series on dvd but havn't watched them in atleast 3-4 months. After a while they all begin to blur together.....well the first few anyway. I couldn't quite remember which movie it was but I remembered it was either 3 or 4.

Isn't that something.......I havn't watched the movies in months but still remember the scene.....and my screen name is Evil Dead, it doesn't have Jason in it anywhere. Looks like somebody who loved the movies enough to have Jason in their screen name would have remembered that also................that would be like me not knowing the basic premise of the Evil Dead movies. Quite ironic.

On a related note.......I did watch my Carrie, Halloween and Evil Dead II dvds today.............I'm suddenly feeling an Evil Dead kick. I think I'll sit down and watch my Evil Dead and Army of Darkness dvds tomorrow.

Cinemaddiction
I watched "Return of the Living Dead Part 2", "Friday the 13th Part 4", and the "NOTLD" Savini remake today. I've got a bunch of free rental coupons, so I figure I'll revisit the "Friday" series, maybe put some of them on my wishlist. It's been waaaaay too long.

Evil Dead
They're playing Return of the Living Dead on the Flix channel right now......I almost shit my pants when I saw that. I havn't seen that movie played on any tv station.....ever. Needless to say, If I didn't own it on dvd I would be watching it on t.v. right now. For some reason that just blows my mind. You normally don't find 20 year old B-horror movies on your premium cable stations. Normally they only play A-horror movies like Nightmare on Elm Street, Carrie, Halloween, etc.

PissedOffGoalie
in JTM the guy Jimmy tells his gf that Jason drowned and after that started killing. but u see his mom was the only person who cared for him and upon seeing her die he decided to get revenge for what they did to HIM

Freddy_vs_Jason
...........i guess..............

shaber
That's the opposite of Krugar's relationship with his mother. isn't it?

PissedOffGoalie
so there jason kills for himself

chilled monkey
The way I see it, you are both right. Jason kills to avenge his mother (it says as much in the F vs J novel), but also because he was bullied as a child.

Why shouldn't it be both?

PissedOffGoalie
WHERE CAN I GET THE FVJ NOVEL?!!! I HAVE PARTS 6 2 1 3 AS BOOKS BUT F V J?!!!! I WANT IT!!!!!!!!

shaber
The novel of part six set my mind at ease smile It IS cannon!

chilled monkey
PissedOffGoalie: You should be able to order the 'Freddy v.s. Jason' novel from any good bookshop. The author is Stephan Hand and its published by Black Flame Publishing.

I had no idea that some of the other films were available as novels.

chilled monkey
Sorry to double post. The author is actually STEPHEN HAND.

Hope this helps.

PissedOffGoalie
can i buy it at Barnes and Nobels? if so how much would it be?

chilled monkey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.