Who Here Thinks That Marvel Has Screwed Its Abstracts Up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
The abstracts are supposed to be concepts and realities, their nature is abstraction, but in marvel, they have form, can talk, tend to have personalities, and have agendas. Oh yea, they can also DIE, which is pretty odd, i mean can u kill DEATH, OR ETERNITY, they are just concepts. Just like u cant kill the concept of beginning or end.

How was it that Thanos with the IG managed to kill death, how can death DIE.

lightaxe
I think I like there Abstracts the way they are, yes it doesnt make sense that death dies but i dont really mind, i mean it is a comic book universe where a 130 pound weakling turns into a 1200 pound green goliath so you cant try to hold it to realism too much i guess.

ScarletSpider
I think they're fine. Death dying is a bit weird, but whatever, haven't read that story yet. When Eternity was murdered, it was done very well and was pretty cool, IMO.

HarmonicFlo88
Its simple really. Everything has a beginning and end much like we humans are born and die. death dying isn't really dying as you and i would see it in terms of human death. death's dying is like an old VCR that doesn't work anymore .

We cant fathom killing death or death actually dying because its too contradictory. however if you think of death as a mechanism that controls every being's passing, and imagine that mechanism failing or destroyed by something superior...then that is equivalent to death "dying" in a sense of definition.

TheFilmProphet
Interesting.......

Havoc470
some mythology had abstract characters which "die".....the fates have seen things go out of plan, although they control the fate of all....wouldnt that mean themselves

its abstracts, you could do anything you want with them

JuggernautFan
this alone tells me you havnt read it wink

he didnt "kill" death.

Krissy Von Doom
I don't remember Death "dying" in the Infinity Gauntlet storyarc

leonheartmm
hey wait, sorry, it was eternity who was killed by thanos, my mistake.

on the other hand, death did DIE, she was killed by thanos along with all the other abstracts and the tribunal because thanos used the heart of the universe.
and i dont think of death as just a mechanism, everything that has a beginning has an end, and u cant merely, DESTROY, the end, itll catch upto u sooner or later.

ScarletSpider
I haven't read most of the Thanos saga's, but the Captain Marvel story where Entropy kills Eternity was great, and a lovely parallel to that old fear that men "always turn into their fathers".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.