Terminator Forum : Help !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
For some time now our beloved terminator forums has been thrown into the scrap heap and bitterly ignored. Most people are hardly aware it even exists !! This is a cry of help from us few Terminator Forum fans, give us the exposure we deserve !!

You can help by voting above,

Thanks

Sincerely, TheFilmProphet

vvvrulz
Hear Hear ! We need all the help we can get to restore the Terminator Forum to its rightful prominence. Cast your votes above and help us stay alive !

TheFilmProphet
I second that,

Every vote counts

Ahnold
I also wholeheartedly agree. Think about it; "Pirates Of The Caribbean" has just 1 movie to its name {with 2 on the way} and has its own prominant forum; "The Terminator" series, however, has 3 movies to its name {with a fourth on the way}, yet is reduced to an insignificant "sub-forum". That's not to mention the fact that this is one of the most prominant film series of the 20th century! So please people - vote yes and make a difference!

hh?
Dear KMC Fam,

I disagree.

Sincerely,
hh?

p.s. merry christmas

Beyond Image
i need more questions to ask the terminator. is arnold gonna direct the next one? questions like that

Ahnold
Um, no, Arnold is not going to be directing the fourth entry. But what does that have to do with anything?

Ahnold
But why?

Beyond Image
nothing...

TheFilmProphet
KILL BILL VOL. 1: Total Gross: $70,099,045
KILL BILL VOL. 2: Total Gross: $66,208,183
PULP FICTION: Total Gross: $107,928,762
Jackie Brown: Total Gross $39,673,162
Reservoir Dogs: Total Gross $2,832,029

THE TERMINATOR: Total Gross: $38,371,200
TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY: Total Gross: $204,843,345
TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES Total Gross: $150,371,112

The Terminator films have had much more sucess than ALL of the Tarantino films put together yet his films have their own prominent forum while the Terminator forum is a sub-forum that is buried away.

Clovie
but htere is a terminastor forum already blink

hh?
why? cuz i never really liked the Terminator movies. they were just average.

TheFilmProphet
Yes there is, but it is located in the MISC under "More Movie Forums" where literally nobody posts.

We only ask that the Terminator forum receive a more deserving forum like Harry Potter, Pirates Of The Carribean, etc. nothing more, nothing less.

TheFilmProphet
These are the type of problems that have occurred because the Terminator forum that is currently available is nearly impossible to find and post in.

Since nobody can find the Terminator forum or post in it they create Terminator threads in the "Movie Discussion" forum. Plus the Terminator forum that is buried away right now is literally NOT even moderated. If it had its proper forum this wouldn't be happening.

D-Double
T-2 is one of the best action/sci-fi movies ever made....

The story, as a whole, is genius....and IMO inspired the Matrix...shifty

Vote yes on proposition Terminator!!...eek!

...you better recognize..... cool

TheFilmProphet
I agree completely without a doubt in the world. smokin'

Thanks for your support D-double. big grin

thumb up

dave123
T3 sucked erm

TheFilmProphet
Yes, but I don't think that should deeply affect your vote decision.

Besides we still had T2 which was groundbreaking in so many areas and introduced CGI into a whole new world of filmmaking which is still benefitting from it today.

T1 was a young filmmaker's/writer's dream come true and the audience loved it.

Plus we still have a T4 on the way.

Ock
Here here smile

dave123
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f55/

Ock
Sorry my bad lol embarrasment

TheFilmProphet
Dave we know about that already, I think you should read each of these posts over and realize the point we are trying to make here.

dave123
Ock didn't know stick out tongue

he just edited his post... sly bastard

TheFilmProphet
Oh ok then.....

TheFilmProphet
Please continue to vote "YES" and help us to finally give the Terminator films the forum they deserve.

Thank you,

TFP

MornGlory
Mr FilmProphet - I love you... in_love

but this thread is gay... sorry embarrasment sad

Shadow_King
he has a point here... that the terminator films have made a lot of money and were very big films... like it was a unique storyline but the problem is that their arent a lot of terminator fans... i think.

TheFilmProphet
I love to you too, mi amor http://www.gifowisko.neostrada.pl/love_pliki/image020.gif

Its just a campaign, meant to get the Terminator a better forum thats all. wink

MornGlory
ok

I said "I love you"

TheFilmProphet
I agree,

There is alot of Terminator fans, but they just don't have a decent place to discuss the films and express their oppinion about them. Which is why we are trying our best to get a better forum.

I know that confused

MornGlory
in_love

dont hate me

TheFilmProphet
Why would I hate you? big grin

TheFilmProphet
Anyway please keep voting "YES" and help us to to give the Terminator a better more desering forum.

TFP

moonwalker741
lmao laughing

has any body realized that the it says like last post was by TheFilmProphet for like 20 threads down....well what ever, i voted no

TheFilmProphet
Its because vvvrulz and Ahnold post in all 20 of those threads and then I post in all 20, then they do, then I do, etc. I usually have the last post though.

If you take a look now you will notice that rulz is posting right now too, not just me. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f55/

vvvrulz
Haha yeah have a look for yourself !

Lets keep the votes coming in, the terminator forum is hardly even known and thats pretty sad in my opinion.

TheFilmProphet
Thanks

Yes most new members can't find it and don't even know it exists. Thus we hope that this campign will help the Terminator films get the forum it deserves.

BOPRecruit 16
hey filmprophet, i voted yes on the ballot cool

TheFilmProphet
Thanks BOPRecruit, your vote is deeply appreciated here and important, again thanks.
TFP

thumb up

Fetcharada
haven't been in that forum happy

alic88
HELL YEAH TERMINATOR RULES.. I REMEMBER I JOINED KMC COZ OF TERMINATOR FORUM.. AND AT THAT TIME IT WAS ON THE TOP OF THE HOME PAGE FORUMS LIST.. and where is it now? on the MORE MOVIE FORUMS.. hell no i aint gonna accept tht..TERMINATOR WILL REMAIN4EVER.. and it should b treated wid respect

TheFilmProphet
Thats because it is so difficult to find which is why nobody posts in it. This is why we need to get the Terminator films a better more deserving forum that everyone can find and discuss the films.
TFP

TheFilmProphet
Exactly, spoken from the heart.

Thank you alic thumb up

As always please keep voting "YES" and help us get the films a new forum!
TFP

Ahnold
I agree - please, people, continue to vote yes on this important issue!

And to those who say that "T3 was rubbish anyway", what about "The Matrix Revolutions"? Or even "The Matrix Reloaded", for that matter? Those films were also generally considered to be major let downs, and yet The Matrix franchise still has its own proper forum! I mean c'mon -there isn't even going to BE another Matrix film anyway, but we KNOW that T4 is on the way ...

Just think about it folks!

TheFilmProphet
Exactly please keep voting "YES"! on this issue

He has some VERY good points there folks, shouldn't one of the most successful franchises ever get a deserving forum? Especially with a 4th on the way?
TFP

(nice to see you could make it back today Ahnold)

Ahnold
Heh - no problem, TFP. I really should be packing for tomorrow instead, but hey - what the hell? It's Christmas!

TheFilmProphet
Thats the spirit Ahnold! eek!

I appreciate you taking the time too.

pr1983
*stomps feet*

new forum

new forum

new forum

new forum

terminator deserves it...

Tex
You need forum celebrities to add some pizazz to that dump!

I could make appearances! photodivaphoto

For a fee of course! naughty

pr1983
laughing

maybe...

TheFilmProphet
Exactly!!

laughing out loud

If it had a proper forum it wouldn't need it.

vvvrulz
Say Tex, when we get our forum (if ever), we'll honour you to cut the ribbon.

Cheers pr1983 for the support !

TheFilmProphet
Yeah Tex will get the honor when and if the Terminators gets its deserving forum.

Cheers indeed! big grin

Please keep voting "YES" people and happy holidays!
TFP

Jackie Malfoy
I am not a big fan of that movie.I never got into it.Which is why I choose to ingore it.JM

Ahnold
Please people! Continue to vote yes on this critical issue! Whatever you think of the "Terminator" franchise, there is an undeniable injustice in it not having the proper forum it deserves!

TheFilmProphet
Whether your a big fan or not you must admit the films do deserve a more proper forum especially when you compare with the other films who have their own prominent forums here on KMC.

Jackie Malfoy
BLAH HUMBUG!JM

TheFilmProphet
Well said Ahnold! Please vote "YES" and help the films get the forum they deserve here on KMC!

(Thanks again Ahnold, I appreciate it)

Ahnold
Heh - no problem. Glad to chip in one last time ...

TheFilmProphet
Well your presence here on KMC will be missed. sad

Imperial_Samura
The people united, shall never be defeated!

I am all for an improved forum for one of the great movie trilogies! In fact, I think I shall make my way down there now and have a look see.

And remember: The people united, shall never be defeated! zorro

TheFilmProphet
Indeed! "The people united, shall never be defeated!"

Thanks for the support Imperial thumb up

And please keep voting "YES" everyone!
TFP

T.M
i voted yes

just because of the 2nd Terminator movie the first was ok nothing special and the least said about the 3rd the better IMO

TheFilmProphet
Thanks thumb up

And please everyone keep voting "YES" on this important subject!
TFP

TheFilmProphet
New Sig below I made for the campaign.

Keep voting "YES"!

SlipknoT
**** the terminator forum! Why you ask? I have no idea...........

TheFilmProphet
I will just ignore the previous misguided remark.

SlipknoT
I only liked Terminator 1

TheFilmProphet
Why didn't you like the second film?

SlipknoT
Eh, I dont really know. I mean I didnt hate it, I just didnt like it all that much.

TheFilmProphet
I understand, but at least you liked one of the films.

SlipknoT
And I havent see 3

TheFilmProphet
Well maybe you will like that film too, once you see it.

Although honestly don't you think the films should have something better than a buried away sub-forum here?

D-Double
"How can you judge me on things I haven't done yet?"

-Miles Dicen

TheFilmProphet
Well said D-Double, and good point.

Vote "YES"!

Napalm
Yes, the Terminator deserves a better more deserving forum

TheFilmProphet
Thanks Napalm, thumb up

Please Keep voting "YES" and help the films get their deseving forum!

eggmayo
I like all of the films, but I dont find that forum particularily interesting.

TheFilmProphet
Thats exactly why we need a new one.

eggmayo
Ah.

SlipknoT
What would be different about the new one?

TheFilmProphet
I'm glad you like all of the Terminator films though. big grin

TheFilmProphet
For 1, there would actually be people posting in it because it will be easier to find.

vvvrulz
Yeah, there are a vast majority who don't even know the forum exists.

TheFilmProphet
And at least 85% of all new members don't know it exists, when I first joined I didn't even know it existed either!

SlipknoT
I knew about it

TheFilmProphet
Maybe your part of the left over 15% wink

SlipknoT
I think I am

TheFilmProphet
lol, But do you honestly think the films deserve a proper forum like the Matrix, Harry Potter, etc.?

SlipknoT
Umm..no, neither does Harry Potter

TheFilmProphet
Well in my oppinion the Terminator films have been around for 20 years now and have inspred the film industry to develop CGI in most major films and the first to do so. Thats without mentioning the success of the films, the action star it brought us, the many characters it inspired, the legendary director it brought us, etc. Can you say any of this for Harry Potter?

Just one of the MANY reasons why I believe it deseves a better forum.

vvvrulz
I find it hard to beleive that the POTC and Tarantino forums exist ahead of the Terminator forum.

TheFilmProphet
As do I, vvvrulz

Don't stop voting people, please help us to give the Terminator films a just forum!
TFP

SlipknoT
I dont see how Smallville got its own forum, if Smallville gets its own forum than I should evil face

TheFilmProphet
I don't know about that, but I do know that the Terminator movies need a much better forum than it has right now.

vvvrulz
Half the reason its kinda dead right now is because only me and TFP, and two others even bother with it !!

With more people, we would have a much better forum.

TheFilmProphet
Exactly, there is only me, Rulz, and a few others there.

If the forum is moved and given a much more proper placement in KMC then I can almost guarantee that the forum will have many posts by many different people everyday unlike now.

vvvrulz
And hence more interesting conversations.

Konjammenson
Ther is no sense in beating a dead horse here, the case that Terminator films should be higher ranked than those that are getting the attention has been made several times over. There is really no sense in haveing a MISCELLANEOUS section for movie franchises anyway. Ther are only like 3 others there. Terminator should be part of movie franchises and not hidden away. Got my vote.

Besides, I would really love to explain how the T1000 got through the time portal to all those who think their so smart for realising it doesnt make sense..........when it actually does.

TheFilmProphet
ok, well what is everyone's favorite Terminator film out of the three that have been released so far?

TheFilmProphet
Very good points Konjammenson, and I agree the Terminator should be part of the "Movie Franchises"

vvvrulz
Certainly not in the 'misc' section, along with Superman and (ugh) Hulk !
For that matter, no movie forum should be banished.

Konjammenson
Why Hulk has a forum is completely beyond me.

SlipknoT
I know, it maybe gets 3 posts a year

TheFilmProphet
He shouldn't have a forum, there is only one film and people don't even discuss the character that often here in KMC.

TheFilmProphet
If its a good year it will.

SlipknoT
and the movie was kinda crappy

vvvrulz
I posted there heaps once rambling on about how lame the forum it is

laughing out loud

Konjammenson
Kinda?

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

vvvrulz
Plus it was one movie, Terminator has three !

TheFilmProphet
and a 4th on the way!

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

slayer
i hope u get ur forum all worked out guys!!smile

TheFilmProphet
Thanks for the support Slayer! thumb up I hope so too.

vvvrulz
Cheers slayer !

eggmayo
To be honest, I rate the Terminator films way higher than POTC, LOTR, Harry Potter and the Matrix.
Terminator is a classic, a benchmark in the action genre... I say move all the above forums to the Misc. section and give Terminator the hot-spots.

vvvrulz
Well said eggmayo !!

Its our thoughts exactly, its sad that of all forums, the Terminator one gets banished away.

eggmayo
Feel like starting some kind of picket?

TheFilmProphet
Exactly Eggmayo, I couldn't have said it better myself! thumb up

Very sad and unfortuante. sad

*Grabs marker and cardboard*

eggmayo
The Terminator forum has 7000 posts, the Hulk one only has 624

TheFilmProphet
Its funny because its true laughing out loud

If we can pull off that much in a sub-forum thats buried away then just imagine how many posts we can get if the films get a similar spot to the Harry Potter and Matrix forums.

Joker1237
I voted yes, for the Terminator to have a better forum.

Nothing passes Jugdement Day, one of the greatness movies ever.

Did you guys know in T3, the Doctor reapper?? He was there talking about recover from bad dreams or such, and than Annie comes in with the coffin over his shoulder, and the doc starts to run.
You had to watch 2 to get the joke in 3.

eggmayo
Yeah, some hints like that, just subtle funny moments throughout the series.

vvvrulz
That doc is in the first one too, it was hilarious to see him run in T3.

Hulk only has 624 posts ! (I bet half of those are complaints).
The Terminator forum does not deserve to sit with forums like that.

Joker1237
Terminator is a America icon.

3 did not lived up to the heigh, but than if you think about it, how many movies can relly surpast T2???? Not many,

TheFilmProphet
Exactly Joker, cool

And thanks for the support thumb up

Joker1237
You did PM me any way, I did not know we had a Terminator Forum until you PM me.

I find it funny relly.

SlipknoT
laughing on the first page there are last posts dating back to aug 2003

Joker1237
A whole year man that was a long time lol.

SlipknoT
i know almost a year and a half

TheFilmProphet
Thats exactly my point, MOST people don't even know it exists which is why we have been saying all this time, it needs a new forum.

vvvrulz
Its now the only forum under the misc section !

Surely it can be seen how useless that is.

Dogbert
The Hulk forum is gone. Theres is no ened for it to be in a misc movie area. Just move it to the POTC and LOTR and Matrix films area!

vvvrulz
Hear hear !

TheFilmProphet
Yeah exactly what Dogbert said! rock

SlipknoT
Why is the hulf forum still around?

TheFilmProphet
Don't know but it was moved to a sub-forum in the comic book discussion forum.

If a forum with only 600+ posts and posts older than a year on the front page can be moved, then why can't ours?

Dogbert
Maybe you're being singled out stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
Maybe laughing out loud

But there is really no use in having the one forum sit under "More Movie Forums" after all the key word is "Forums" the S indicating there is more than one, so why only have one forum there now?

Dogbert
Well

Raz: Technically you owe it the Terminator films. T2 was the first to use CGI, and made a whole slew of action films which spawned plot loving action thrillers, which created fans and the inspiration for your website. so without the terminators, you wouldn't have a KMC.

TheFilmProphet
Extremely well said Dogbert, and I completely agree 100% smokin'

And thanks for the support thumb up

yerssot
T2 eing the first to use CGI? HA! as a casual Star Wars fan, I know they already used CGI in Return of the Jedi in 1983

eggmayo
Although I like Tarantino movies much more than Terminator, I think Terminator is more deserving of that particular forum, noone ever posts on the Kill Bill + Tarantino forum.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, the Terminator deserves a spot in there somehwere too.

True, but T2 was the first to EVER use CGI technology to render liquid in the way they did.

The Abyss did it too, but nowhere near as much as T2 did.

But obviously T2 was the one who inspired almost ALL of the action films after it to use CGI.

vvvrulz
Plus T2 pulled it off so well its still appealing to watch even now.

TheFilmProphet
I completely agree, it was at least 10 years ahead of its time.

vvvrulz
Hell, maybe 20. Its not lookin the least bit outdated today.

TheFilmProphet
Not at all outdated, actually it still has the best CGI rendered liquid even today.

vvvrulz
They were geniuses.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>