Roller Coasters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crash_Overload
Yo!
It's Me Again! I was wondering, what is your favorit Roller coaster or ride THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ON? Every one loves a good coaster. And with all the new technology coming out for them (just look at "X"!) they are getting better and better.

Here are mine:
The Vampire (mirror of "Batman" but with under ground level mist spraying at you)

And ride: The Sling Shot

Imagine a metalic cage in the shap of a ball, Two people are siting in it. You are 1 of them The cage is attachet to 2 metalic cables streaching to two 100 meter towers. The cage is held by a magnet. The operator says, "3! 2! 1!"

*click*

In about 2 seconds you are over 150 meters in the air! 0-160 km/h in less then 1 seconde! You flip forward and see where to started, 150 meters below.... you start your desent, and strech the cables a bit, making you go back up, then down, doing frontflips and backflips all the way down........

ragesRemorse
whats that new coaster ot ride where your standing up and it shoots you over a hill of like 200 feet its supposed to be the fastest ride in the world, do you know what im talking about ?

Crash_Overload
I think I do, it is Top Thrill Dragster. The Highest and Fastest Roller Coaster in the World. It is 128 meters high and geos 0 - 193.1 km/h in about 4.2 seconds! (But you are not standing up) (Hydrolic Launch System) It is located in Sandusky, Ohio.

Crash_Overload
Any more questions? I would be happy to answer.

Crash_Overload
I forgot, this is Top Thrill Dragster, At it's Highest.

Dexx
the one i have been on.,..hmm..one in canada's wonderlan called...top gun or somethng...very scarry.
And now i'm heading to marine land (near niagara) and they say they have the longest roller coaster in the world..we'll see

Crash_Overload
OOO top gun, nice. Inverted, 90 km/h 31 meters heigh. Never been there. But seems really cool

and while you are in marine land, I sugest Dragon Mountain, 80 km/h 56.7 meters heigh. and it is not the longest in the world. You must of gotten confused with the Steel dragon in Japan. 2464 meters long! that is more than 2 km!

This is a part of Dragon Mountain.

KidRock
the Hulk in universal orlando

Dexx
it's something..best in the world..dunno itf it's highest, or longest, or ...dunno

GroundedAgain
i git motin sic but there is one coaster i do go on in the mall of america: the little shaver. it's like a foot and a half off the ground and goes in a little oval

Crash_Overload
AAAH! the Hulk, blasts you out at the beging right? B&M (the company that made it) did not want this at first, but some other company (forgot which one) made it so it blast's out in the middle of the hill. It is now a verry famous Coaster cause of that. 108 km/h and 34 meters high.

Crash_Overload
The little shaver, yes, can't go sick with that! (just look at that bored grand'pa!

GroundedAgain
i can't believe you found a picture of that thing!!!! oh my god, what is the world wide web coming to???

Crash_Overload
actually, all the records have been broken within the last 5 years. It was the longest in 1983 when it was first opened, but that was even before i was born!

Dexx
i think the marine land is pretty new

Crash_Overload
Marine land oppend much longer ago then you think. I can't find the date right now, but i will find it soon enough.

Crash_Overload
Anybody who has questions, please ask me. (about coasters thought)

badkittykitty
I went to cedar point to ride that damned ride and it was broke down till 1/2 hr before the park closed,people from all over the country were waiting all damned day for that ride which made it easy for me and my sis to ride the millennium force over and over again that is one hell of a coaster!

Crash_Overload
Mellenium force was for a long time the fastest coaster in the world with 150 km/h! Not surprising for a first hill of nearly 1/10 of a km high! (95 meters!) if you ever get to go on Top Thrill Dragster, tell me how it was.

Just to show a part of the force behind Mellenium force:

Crash_Overload
A bit of history: The oldest Roller coaster in the world is Leap-The-Dips. It was built in 1902 to replace The "Gravity Railroad" that burned down in 1901. Although it is the oldest, and POSSIBLY the first REAl roller coaster in the world, it is nothing to scream about. It is about 12.42 meters high, Steepest desent is 25 degrees, longest dip is only 9 feet, it is 440 meters long and only goes at it's fastest, 16 km/h.

It still stands at Lakemont Park in Pennsylvania.

This is a picture of Leap-The-Dips On The Ride:

mechmoggy
The coasters over in the UK are pretty lame compared to US standards, but here are my fave ones: -

Oblivion at Alton Towers - I screamed like a little girl on that one embarrasment
Air at Alton Towers - You are tilted upright so its like you're flying like Superman cool
The Big One at Blackpool - I've been fairly drunk both times I've been on that one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stovenutts
me on "the boss". not alowed to bring cameras, but i snuk it on. its only a clip. just click 'open' instead of save.

ChinaNiki
I like Top Gun at Carowinds in Charlotte, North Carolina

Crash_Overload
OBLIVION!!! YOU LUCKY YOU!!!

That Is The Funneist Coaster I have ever seen!

The Train Is sideways inside of in-line, At one point you are on top of a hill and they stop you RIGHT before going down, you are but you are in the curve to go down and all you can see is "don't look down" and a big arrow pointing to a dark circle you will eventually have to go into.... thus the name Oblvion.

Specs:
109 km/h
4.5 Gs!!!!
Biggest drop: 54 meters!!!

mechmoggy
I think the whole ride is over in about 30 seconds but that drop is freaking scary! eek!

Crash_Overload
Air, herd od it, but went on Superman: Ultimate Flight in great America

Air only 2 inversions, 75 km/h 3.5 Gs 20 meters high. BUT 3 MINUTES LONG!!!!!

Crash_Overload
Never Herd of "THE BIG ONE" but if you are talking about Blackpool then you must mean Pepsi Max Big One Made by Arrow (They went banckrupt after making The Mother of all coasters, "X" !!! so they where bought by another company, yet they still make parts and stuff.)

Anyway P.M.B.O. is at it's max 120 km/h 3.5 Gs (which is reletivly A lot) but no inversons which is surprising for a steel coaster built in 1994...... and 64 meters high. (Must of been a real thrill if you where drunk!)

Crash_Overload
The Boss, what can I say? Your regular wooden coaster (and 106 km/h) fairly big, (1.5 km).

GroundedAgain
i once went on all the coasters at valley fair dispite gittin sic. i puked for the next 2 days.

Crash_Overload
Corkscrew
Excalibur
High Roller
Mad Mouse
Mild Thing
Steel Venom
Wild Thing

which one did you go on????

Crash_Overload
or if you went befor 1998 there was also "Rails" closed in 1998 which was imported from Cedar Point

GroundedAgain
i went on all the coasters ther in 1997 crash

Crash_Overload
Corkscrew:

Steel Coaster made by arrow opened in 1980, 81 km/h 16 meters high 1 loop 2 Corkscrews

Crash_Overload
Excalibur, 88 km/h 32, meters at the highest drop, (goes under ground level) made in 1989 by again, arrow.No inversion beause the Structure itself (beems and all) is wood, but the track is steel.

Crash_Overload
High Roller is again your basic Wooden Coaster, nothing too exciting 80 km/h (not as Fast as "Le Monstre" In La Ronde) 21 meters high

Crash_Overload
Wild Thing Looks interesting even if there are no inversions.

120 km/h, a 60 meter drop, and the whole thing lasts 3 minutes! not surprising it cost 10 million$ to make.

Crash_Overload
I could not find Rails anywhere but I do know that from 1979 to 1995 it was named "Wild Rails".

General Kaliero
Coasters I have been on...

(Busch Gardens Williamsburg, VA)
Alpengiest
Apollo's Chariot
The Loch Ness Monster (FIVE times...)
The Big Bad Wolf

(Cedar Point, uhh... wherever it is...)
Raptor
Mean Streak
Iron Dragon
Gemini
Magnum XL-200
Wildcat
BlueStreak

(Paramount Kings Dominion)
HyperSonic XLC
Anaconda
Volcano
Grizzly
Avalanche
Flight of Fear
Hurler
Rebel Yell
Shockwave

I make it a goal in life to ride every coaster I see...

Crash_Overload
Go to Magic Mountain In California, Ride "X" and tell me how it is.... (my goal in life is to go on the most extream rides/attractions there is, thus my Hope of becoming part of the Snow Birds!)

Ushgarak
I see Edna's haunt Drayton Manor isn't featuring here...

Crash_Overload
The Park right? Drayton Manor? In England?

Ushgarak
Yup, she works there. Think she still does, anyway.

Tex
Ugh, I hate rollercoasters, they shake and rattle your bones, toss your stomach around, push your heart into your throat, I hate that feeling!sick

No rollercoasters for me Mr.big grin

Calinė
I've only been to Silverwood in Idaho and Valleyfair in Minnesota. I also went on the log chute at the Mall of America. Silverwood was pretty fun, the first REAL roller coasters I had ever been on. They have 2 wooden ones and 1 steel inverted one. Valleyfair was awesome!!! I just went in July!!! My favorites were Steel Venom (of course), Excalibur (except I went on that too many times in a row and the G's got pretty bad!!, and the Wave!!! My soccer team was there (USA Cup) and we all went on the Wave twice and I was in the front and it was soooo awesome!!!!

badkittykitty
I just went and bought roller coaster tycoon 2 because of you Crash_Overload I am about to play it!

Calinė
that is an awsome game!!!

badkittykitty
I just played it a little and your right I love it,guess i know what i will be doing with my sunday! big grin

Crash_Overload
RCT 2! i love that game! (dittto) (try Coaster Maker! you don't need any cash And you are away from the crowd!!!) I guess this is a bad time to say, but if you have a decent internet connection I would Of said to get it off Kazaa like I did........ But I don't want to start talking about kazaa LETS STICK TO COASTERS!!!!!

==> Tex <== I pitty you my friend......

==> Caline <== No coaster Named Wave in Valley Fair... And log shute is not exactly a coaster...

==> Ush <== Drayton Manor Has A few decent rides.... Such as:

SHOCKWAVE!!! that ride is sweet.... I love all standing up coasters, (but inverted or multi-dimensional are my favorit!)
85 km/h 4 FU*KING Gs!!! 4 TIMES YOUR BODY WEIGHT ONTOP OF YOU (which is why they refuse MOST obeese persons on that ride... like the Cobra in La Ronde, If your head is too big, YOU CAN'T GET IN!!!) and 37 meters in height.

Klondik Gold Mine: fairly descent... If you went there before 1994 it was called the Python Looping Coaster.

This Is A Part Of Shockwave:

diegocala
What kind of coaster was the kind that ripped that worker's head off the other day? He was oiling it and it caught his hair...did you hear about that?

Crash_Overload
Nope. (Which is surprising!) When was that? I will check with the news about coasters. Not that i don't beleive you, but whenever you do maintence work the ride is closed. even when they add a car using the switch track they close it and make 4 empty runs with it to see if the rails are all fine and perfectly aligned.

diegocala
Here it is
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/2052471

Crash_Overload

Dexx
just came back from the trip. dragon mountain is pretty tight...no top gun though..that's still my top

Ushgarak
Edna was always underwhelmed by Drayton Manor herself...

Crash_Overload
OOO MAN!!! I already new this but this is from another source, I live near Montreal In Canada (as you might know) and the Closest Park Is La Ronde, anyway, I JUST CAn'T WAIT TILL SUMMER 2004!!! THIS IS WHY: http://www.screamscape.com/html/la_ronde.html

Crash_Overload
O and, Anybody herd about the F1 car on Pepsi Max Big One?

Crash_Overload
24th July 2003

Jordan F1 Car Rides the Pepsi Max Big One!

As publicised for some time, F1 driver Ralph Firman took his Jordan car around the circuit of the Pepsi Max Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach to promote the opening of a new F1 themed go-karts ride.

badkittykitty
thank a bunch!

Dexx
really?...goota read about that f1.
went go carting today..'t was great. Though..i doubt i ever had worse brakes on any moving vehicle

Crash_Overload
Speacking about brakes, specifically wheels, Steel Dragon 200 in japon lost a wheel and de-railed, no one was seriously hurt, but the hit a guy that was, guess where, IN HIS OWN POOL OUTSIDE THE PARK!!!!

Crash_Overload
Here is a pic with the F1;

diegocala
Sweet

Crash_Overload
Read what it says on the back wing

Crash_Overload
Thsi Thread shall now post interesting Coaster news when there is some, due to the fact that I think this is a really good idea. What do you think?

mechmoggy
They've just taken some letters out of Benson & Hedges, cute.

Drayton Manor is pretty crappy, I don't live that far away from it.

Ushgarak
Go and moan at Edna about it then, before she goes off to uni again!

mechmoggy
Is she STILL working there?

I remember her moaning about the place years ago.

Ushgarak
I can't think of any reason why she is not. She met her boyfriend there.

mechmoggy
What course is she doing now? I have a vague memory of her changing it at some point. confused

Ushgarak
Well, assuming she goes ahead with it- always a question mark- it would be Maths at Warwick. She might not bother though.

mechmoggy
Thats it, I remember the maths thing now.

Why anyone would choose to do maths is beyond me. eek!

Crash_Overload
Um lets keep this ON TOPIC. (tho i can see how it got off....)

How many of you go to Alton Towers? cause this is interesting....

ATA Visitors hit out at Government's Thug Reward Scheme

The popular Alton Towers Almanac website has hit out at a new Government scheme to reward thugs with free trips to Alton Towers, in an attempt to keep them off the streets. Alton Towers is already by far the most troublesome park in the UK, even more so than Blackpool Pleasure Beach... On a trip to BPB we were greeted by families happily enjoying the rides throughout the day, whilst at Alton Towers everywhere you care to look you will find young teenagers in their tracksuits spitting, smoking, swearing, littering and causing trouble. An incident last year involving thugs at Alton Towers nearly cost a young girl the use of her eyes after a handful of coins were thrown at a Nemesis train traveling at nearly 60mph.

Former Coaster Force webmaster James Wearing says...

"...Thugs are already causing enough trouble in Alton Towers with vandalism and graffiti making the park look rather untidy and unprofessional. The last thing we now need is for convicted or recognised thugs to create even more problems."

Crash_Overload
Anybody Ever Went to La Ronde in Montreal? The PArk ON the Island? Well Not so long ago the Vampire (a mirror clone of BATMAN) Stop in the middle of the first corkscrew. One of the passenger's strap got "un clicked" and security systems aboard the Vampire Made the train stop, upside down, in the middle of the corkscrew. They were stuck like that for 2 hours. I know some people will saw that it is impossible for a train to stop like that, but it is. Braks on the wheels.

Also, This was further Back. The Wooden Dueling Coaster Called LE MONSTRE (The Monster) One of the Bars that goes over the legs got un locked and a Grand pa and His grand kid where holding on for dear life......

Crash_Overload

Crash_Overload
This is the Monster:

mechmoggy
I've never had any hassle from kids at Alton Towers, I like the place.

Crash_Overload
Just reporting the news.....

Crash_Overload
I NEED NEWS!! ANY NEWS!!!! NO NEW NEWS SCINCE THE 22nd!!!! MUST GET NEWS!!!!!!

Crash_Overload
Alton Towers Manager Brutally Attacked by Guest.

Hotel guests John Terrance Woolley, aged 39, and Catherine Diane Gibson, aged 36, of Watford, admitted attacking guest relations officer Glyn Harrison at the Alton Towers Splash Landings Hotel on June 21.

Mr. Harrison was punched 6 times in the face, then beat with a table leg which the guests smashed over Mr. Harrison's back.

The attack took place in front of more than 20 children and was said to have been caused in part by the lack of parking space at the hotel.

If I where myself, and I am, I would be scared to go to this place.

leatherface12
What are the best roller coaster you have ever been on. Mine is top gun because of the speed and loops.

Crash Overload
Search up Roller Coaster in GDF...

made by me...

Vampiree
ROLLER COASTERS!!!!!!! MAN i've been to this WICKED PARK, wonderland in Canada and it ROCKS!!!! i mean that Drop ZOna RULED ALL!!! annd top gun too... and the one you were standing while riding. THEY WERE FRIGGIN AWESOME I LOVE WONDERLAND!!!!!!!!!

badkittykitty
the Millennium Force at cedar point.Standing at 310 feet into the air,and runs at 93-mph ..wow!

hmm looks like crash was right..merged

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.