Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
ive just heard about this game, it will be released june 10th 2005. what can we expect from this add on (if it is)

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

The Ones
RANDOM!!!!!!

Lord_Andres
June??? damn I heard something about March but june? thats to long, grrrrrrrr, well I know one thing well acturly a few, it'l incled BOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM CLOC CLOC.. BOOOOOM hehe, its goinna be fun, I just hope they make it a real double barrel, not some halfassed shit from UAC research facility thats automatic and shit, but a good ol double, like in the old one smile

Loving_Daniel11
Im at the very end of Doom 3. Im trying to beat that stupid ass big boss but the soul cube wont work...dont know what to do so I quit

Thael
An add-on? Todd Hollenshead said that "There won't be any add ons for Doom 3, everything thats gonna be in the game will be everything we want in there".

I knew he was lying! big grin

Lord_Andres
well its not being developed by Id, so in a sense he was right, its being developed by Raven if I'm not mistaken

SlipknoT
Dude, If you play this game when your high in the dark, It is so scary. But other than that yea its a good game

belly_jeans349
i got scared from the game without being high! lol. Oh and do you mean id is giving the game to raven????? giving their best game to some other company SUCKS, oh and to beat the last boss, cyberdemon i think it is, you have to use soulcube the first time, kill 5 monsters that are summoned from that hole, then it re-energizes, then use the soulcube again (then its just a cycle) that final boss was too easy to my opinion.

Lord_Andres
They are not acturly giving them the game, they are letting them develope the expansionl, they didi the same with Hexen2 and Quake4, Id still has the rights to the games

belly_jeans349
oh ok...when is quake 4 comming out by the way.

Lord_Andres
Dont expect it to be releast in 2005 maybe early 06 but not before

WindDancer
Is this going to be an expansion for the pc?

Lord_Andres
Ya

belly_jeans349
i like it on doom 3 on like the 2nd to the last UAC, one of the e-mails is from that guys child and it says "wow thanks for the new quake-40" that made me crack up.

MC Mike
Well the original sold such an assload they had to!

Samas-adian
After finishing Doom 3, I actually don't want to play it again. I'll pick the expansion pack up if it's awesome or not. The pack is going to lose its lustre considering the graphics are not going to be so amazing considering the technology curve will catch up to it. Its the gameplay thats going to win me over, and i couldnt stand playing another Doom 3 game.
And the grabber, is a complete knock off from Half-Life 2.

belly_jeans349
the graphics were incredible, the AI of the demons was too, having them crawl all over the walls like that and knowing exactly where to turn to attack you. they actually had a story to it rather then doom 1 & 2, it was confusing on those games. Doom 3 was my favorite game untill i recently bought medal of honor: pacific assualt, which has a lot lot better graphics then Doom3, dont mind me, im just bragging smile

Samas-adian
Isn't the demons movement all scripted?

belly_jeans349
for some of them, like on the mars city when the imp crawls out of that hole, thats scripted. or the spider things webbing off the ceiling, but another thing i like is how the dead bodies hang off the edges like real life. and if u push em to far they will fall, thats awesome

Unholy_Cheese
omg!! expansion?? eek!

Samas-adian
If you want physics. Play Half-Life 2. Am I the only one who thought Doom 3 was average?

belly_jeans349
i guess, i never was a fan of half life..and yes there is an expansion....sometime anyways

ChickinMeat
i would add my opinion to the debate, but doom3 runs like water up a hill on my PC, so i cant really say anything!

Samas-adian
The game has awesome graphics and has great atmosphere. But the gameplay is lacking. The first 5 hours or so are fantastic but i got really bored around the 15th hour because i was doing the same thing over and over again. I only finished it because i wanted to see the BFG and find out what happened at the end.

belly_jeans349
you need a better video card thats why laughing

Samas-adian
And a fast CPU.

belly_jeans349
yes fast, mine was kind of jerking when i was playing because of the speed on my cpu

Samas-adian
Well most games use the CPU for more processes than ever before. In Doom 3, the sound from the game goes through your onboard motherboard sound chip. That's why it eats up soo much power.

belly_jeans349
yea, it gave me an error everytime i was done playing it saying "memory low" and it had to regenerate or something

<Machete_Guy
Then isn't that your RAM?

belly_jeans349
hmmm, maybe i do only have 256 MB of RAM...and i think it requires 512 oops roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
buy a upgrade yes

RAM's relatively cheap if it's all you're lacking erm

,Machete_Guy>
Ya....its up to like 2 gigs now isnt it? though i think most heavy games requirement is 512...now atleast

Samas-adian
Most are up 512, but generally 1 Gb is the normal if you want top quality graphics and top quality gaming.

belly_jeans349
my friends got 1 gb of ram, 3.9 ghz, and i cant remember the video card but it can handle 128 mb quality.....really really nice computer i wish i could have it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.