The classics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
You know, a lot of older movies are fun to watch. But it's sort of hard because the editing isn't as good as it is now adays, and now directors have learned other techniques.

Right now I'm watching the Disney classic Pinocchio. And now that I think about it, older Disney cartoons are SO MUCH better than the one's now adays ( in my opinion, at least).

At this moment, I'm starting to think that older movies are much better than newer ones. It is very clear in cartoons, because they were so much simpler back then. This has got to be true with real life movies also. . .you just have to get used to it.

BackFire349
older movies are great, paths of glory, grapes of wrath are great.

BackFire349
alot of silent movies are really good to, 'The Crowd' and 'The Big Parade' are amazing.

ToMacco
I don't think I've ever seen a silent movie from start to finish.

BackFire349
theyre great, theyre pretty much all visual though, very little dialoge.

Ushgarak
All hail Dead of Night, I say.

Texas
Metroplis is breathtaking!
And to think it was made in like 1914 or something!

mechmoggy
I watched one of my old favourites again last night, its not exactly that old but I love it. Pappilon has great performances from McQueen and Hoffman and I just love the ending when Pappilon says, "Hey, I'm still here you bastards", as he escapes on a coconut shell raft. cool

ToMacco
smile

Pappilon. Nice. I love that movie.

mechmoggy
Cool To. cool

TeCk-IcE
Goldrush.. big grin

Thomas H
Actually the title is papillion and its french for butterfly..I love that movie..but it aint a movie for everybody....some might say its boring...
lawrence of arabia
Das Boot
and the guns on navarone!

mechmoggy
Boring!?!?!?

Yeah, boring like a fox! (I don't know what thats supposed to mean either)

Bad Boy
It annoys me when people say, "They don't make them like they used to!".

Todays directors are much better! I accept the fact that technology has now moved on but when I watch an old film, I sometimes think, "Why didn't you put a camera there?"

BigDawg73
If you want to watch ground breaking camera placement in a classic you need look no further than Citizen Kane. Just watch how he composes each shot, character placement in the frame speaks volumes alone!

Bad Boy
Michael Bay is good at that, but I haven't seen Citizen Kane so I can really say who the genius is.

ToMacco
. . . . .

Don't ever put Michael Bay in the same sentance as Citizen Kane again.

Bad Boy
Citizen Kane could be a good film but I must say that Michael Bay's shots are beautifully crafted and have great meaning.

Woops, same sentence!

Thomas H
Michael is one of the biggest talents in Hollywood!!!Have not seen C.Kane yet...but I will as soon as I get in to my movie collection!!

Bad Boy
Here, Here!!!

Tom, what does your signature mean in English?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.