PLAYERS OF USH'S GAMES- Matrix AND LOTR- PLEASE READ!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
As you know, I have been unexpectedly busy lately. Just to compund that, it seems as if I will be equally busy after the New Year as well.

This business has seriously hampered my ability to keep up with running these games. I have considered the possibility of cancellation, but... nah...

I'm going to try my best to keep running things as much as possible. Now LOTR has a more settled player base, things will become easier there and I can write stories more based around the characters involved. Easier to understand character creation rules were finished off by me a few months back, and we'll be introducing the Secondary skills and finally introducing the Magic rules soon. So come the New Year, the build up to the nbew LOTR game begins- Storm tells me she is interested, people, now aware of how the system works, can re-do their characters, and people will be due a ton of experience, and all can be happy happy. Part III of the LOTR game will return us to Arthedain, and will be very different in mood, being a Part of social behaviour and investigative work, along with a lot of chances to show off your martial skills in a non-psychotic way. it is a good time for new players to join- far better than Part II was- and also acts as a chance for the group to establish relationships with the remaining Dunadan Nobility of the North. Vardalain alone will have to carry on the continuity from the start which will kick off Part IIIs plot, but after that everyone else can be firmly entrenched into the storyline, as the Arthedainians enjoy their final year of relative freedom before the struggle for the North begins in earnest.

Matrix wise, the new system is finally being codified into written form. When it is done, I will be starting up training sessions here, as I want you guys to help in testing it all!

So, so long as you guys can put up with my business, that is the plan for the New Year, new LOTR, with a fresh and vigorous approach, and the slow testing of the new Matrix system, culminating eventually in the new game. Before all that, the summary and explanation of the current game will be posted. Promise!

Just giving you guys the heads up... thanks for your continued interest!

Dexx
sounds nice, ush

Tptmanno1
Sounds good Ush,
I'm sure we can all deal with a bit slower play.

Fire
sounds awesome big grin

Dexx
god, i'm gonna totally redo vardalain. (except the template)
No more bows for me. totally melee

Silver Stardust
Yay, new Matrix game!

And I told you I was interested in LOTR that one day, remember?

Ushgarak
That's cool, SS.

And whilst I don't want to encourage total 'shinyism' in going to melee, I think I mentioned before that it is always, always, ALWAYS a good idea to be able to handle yourself up close in LOTR!

Fire
true but I wouldn't give up ranged combat totally Dexx (you'll get a lot -or as ush says massive amounts- of xp you can use that to increase your melee skill)

Btw Ush we will be informed what we can buy with our xp points or is it the same as background points?

Ushgarak
You should already know how xp in LOTR works; when you go up a level you add your skill points by profession on again.

Fire
found it thx

Tptmanno1
Yea I made the mistake of trying to balance out between melee and bow and ended up just sucky at both, gonna go for full melee this time. just for self-preservation

Fire
euhm I wouldn't give up on ranged combat totally cause there will always be situations which can be resolved soley with ranged combat

Tptmanno1
Well I, being a mage, have such a small number of points to be spent on combat, I really have to choose one or the other, or be completly ineffective at both.

Ushgarak
Yes- only Warriors and Rangers really have the luxury at being any good with more than one weapon.

Dexx
precisely.....then i think i'm gonna go for melee

Trickster
Hmmm...

Ush, could I put Azrael back into the Matrix game?

I only pulled out because I went on holiday, and was gutted when I found I had internet access! wink

Silver Stardust
Oh, by the way, my brother fully intends on rejoining the Matrix game.

Captain REX
And I think I mentioned it, but the (usually) faithful group of BB, Zink, and I want to try getting back into LOTR, me especially. Gotta get Dwarves on the scene!

Tptmanno1
Please!
I could use more fighters!

Corlindel
I cant wait to add xp to Corlindel. He deserves smile

It would be good if the Noldor could have more strenght points than normal elves to increase Corlindel's weapon skills whistle

Thanks for all Ush thumb up

Ushgarak
Ok, well, I shall bear these things in mind!

Sorry about the Noldor, they are powerful enough as it is- it is your Agility that gives you your fighting edge, though. You are close to impossible for those Weak Orcs to hit!!

Dexx
well...whistle

Ushgarak
Noldor Warriors who actually know how to fight, then...

Dexx
hah! i'm sure my 'support from the distance' strategy was appreciated so far. i was skilled with the bow.
but have no fear.....you all shall see the power af a level3 noldor animist...melee equiped!
i'll have the last laugh stick out tongue

Captain REX
And I need to get back in the game, at the rate that is going. messed

Would Talin get any XP for his first adventure? confused

Ushgarak
Yes

Silver Stardust
And I'd like to somehow get into the LOTR game, if possible...

Ushgarak
Certainly is, just need to get enough time to keep up play to finish the current part!

Tptmanno1
which is almost over correct?

Ushgarak
Yes

Fire

Tptmanno1
Cuz I know what that means.....

Ushgarak
Bloody hell... there is still no final resolution on the LOTR magic rules. Are people happy to start making characters in absence of that?

Tptmanno1
Arrg!!!!
*Glares at Ush*

yea I'll be fine....
That just means I get to mess with those later!

Mace Skywalker
yo sweet, ive got to play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.