Where can I get FREE, LEGAL & SAFE music from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Martial_artist
I'm currently looking for McFly, Linkin Park & Green Day albums (exept American Idiot - I have that)

Not single songs on there own, ALBUMS

I want sites that are LEGAL, SAFE & have FREE downloads

Thanks for spending your time here

~Dominique~

Red Superfly
Pff, you'll be lucky.

I don't think there is such a thing anymore.

I wouldn't trust free downloading as far as I could throw it. I used to be into it big time, but spyware just isn't worth it anymore.

The likes of kazaalite were shut down by greedy Kazaa. Not that I liked kazaa lite, it still uses Kazaa's crappy spyware/virus-ridden networks.

I don't think free downloadables are legal anyway unless they are bands that are just demo-ing ther stuff and do it out of free will. The likes of Green and ESPECIALLY Linkin Park are gonna charge you for their stuff if it's gonna be legal.

EVERY downloading program out there has some flaw either by me or others finding it. Win MX was the safest but that has gone to the dogs recently. If you aren't in a queue all night you are downloading at pitiful rates per second.

I buy the CD's I want and rip-em myself. It's the only concrete way of being safe and legal. The corporations have won. I get a proper CD for collector value (I MUST have legit hard copies of albums I really like - it's something I must do) and then rip em as a back up and for my MP3.

I don't do it because it's legal, I do it because it keeps my computer safe and because I find just buying a damn CD less of a pain than downloading one that a) is fast, b) is of good quality and c) Doesn't screw up/pause/clip.

Internet sucks hard these days.

eggmayo
There is a website for classic rock.

None of the modern pap you just listed there fortunately.

PM me if you want it, I cant post it as the title may be offensive to some.

Korri
Napster devil

...sorry i couldnt resist embarrasment

Martial_artist
I'll buy them then...the thing is though yesterday I downloaded 3 of Green Day's previous songs (Ha Ha You're Dead (great song), Time Of Your Life & Espionage)

Shaolin Monk
A) buy them

B) IRC....free, safe, you can download whatever you want, no spyware, won't find messed up copies with those loud scratching noises

dave123
a new invention.... called....

the radio eek!

tabby999
there is a programme from germany that you pay 10 cents per 3 songs you download, and its legal but i dont remember the name of it.

oh and soulseeks pretty good, not legal, but whatever

Wolf Dog
shhh dont kill soulseek

tabby999
oops, sorry

Korri
mad how dare you...

Red Superfly
Is Soulseek Peer To Peer?

I'm sure my friend uses that and still gets Spyware.

Peer To Peer is really good, a fantastic idea and I used to think it was the best thing ever - until PEOPLE started screwing it up with crap like viruses, worms, spywares and other crap, and now it's one of the worst nasties the net can offer.

IRC can be good, but like Win MX, you can get stuck in a queue for hours or spend just as much time trying to find a queue-less target.

eggmayo
My advice, Direct Connect Mirc

MildPossession
soul Seek and limewire are good

Red Superfly
Also, if you download McFly stuff, you get a virus sent by God himself.

Just warning you.

JKozzy
www.mp3dimension.com

www.mp3shits.com

Those two sites I've had very good luck with, Dominique. Just follow the instructions on how to extract the MP3 (s). There are a few popups, but easily avoidable if you use Firefox, Avant Browser, and/or have Windows XP SP2 installed.

Martial_artist
O....k...

JKozzy
Did you find what you were looking for on there?

eggmayo
BTW, Jkozzy, if you dont wanna sign up to the password thing on that website, I'll give you mine.

Martial_artist
I'm going to buy them

JKozzy
There's a plan yes

JKozzy
Got the p/w anyway, thanks big grin Rock on, eggmayo wink

Napalm
Who gives a **** if its legal or not

charmedFairy
One of my friends a while back downloaded music from kazza and got a bill for $1000, she knew it was illegal, I guess they were waiting for her to downlaod alot of songs so they could charge her more
thumb down miffed

eggmayo
laughing

AcrypT
FREE, LEGAL & SAFE...
Doesn't exist, nothing in this world is free legal and safe!

Red Superfly
Indeed. I don't care if it's illegal.

I'd do it all the time if I could, but seeing as every free place has a hidden agenda (ie, most places claiming to deal with free stuff are likely to be illegal and most try and damage your computer/ sell you stuff/hijack browsers etc).

Martial_artist
Yeah but no but yeah but I don't want to get into trouble and doing wrong things...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.