DC god-types or Marvel god-types?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ayjay
ah k...from reading through these forums....it's come to my attention that both the DCU and thew MU have ridiculously powerful god-like beings who 'create universes" and "manipulate realities"....but is there any way of telling who's more powerful out of the most powerful in DC and most powerful in Marvel...i'd go marvel....only cos in general....they have very stupidly powerful beings......

MornGlory
ill

leonheartmm
well dc has lucifer morning star, micheal, elaine belloc, ion, parallex, saint of killers, the 7 essentials, spectar and some others{im not puttin in the presence cause its not a character}

marvel has the tribunal, franklin richards, thanos, sentry, {im not puttin in the abstracts cause they arent CHARACTER} the pheonix force, and the beyonders and maybe the celestials

over all, id say that the two complete powers of the two universes, multiverses or anything else is equal, but id say that dc has cooler god like characters

Magee
Thanos, sentry, saint of killers god like beings lol These people dont compare in the slightest to the creators/destroyers of universes, as strong or as powerful as the may be.

Marvel - The One Above All, Living Tribunal, Death, Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion, Master Order, Lord Chaos, Beyonder (although no longer in the MU universe), Celestials, Franklin Richards, The Pheonix Force, Ego the living Planet, Galactus (possibly at full power), Some of the Watchers(Uatu), Onslaught? (thats a big maybe), there r more i just cant remember. That list is in no order btw.

I'm not to Sure on the DC Universe. Theres God, Lucifer,Michael and lots of powerful angels, Neron, Swamp Thing, Kismet, Spectre, Parallax, The Phantom Stranger, thats about all i know in DC.

Cosmic_Beings
Marvel god types, in my opinion.

Krissy Von Doom
There's no way of telling who's more powerful but because Marvel cosmics have more interaction with heroes, people know more about them... whereas Michael and the other DC cosmics haven't appeared much at all.

Wynndar
I think the MU characters...not because of raw power, but intelligence...the reason Galactus needs heralds is because he cannot lower himself to a mortal like consciousness...his existence is just that much more advanced...When Doom first had his power, the entire environment and reality around him morphed into his own image because Doom's mind was not yet advanced enough to control his power.

Wynndar
on the opposite side, DC god-like characters often have very human like minds.

leonheartmm
answering MAGEE: im talking about thanos, with the infinite gauntlett or the heart of the universe, and saint of killers KILLED the DC GOD, and sentry is said to have conquered space and time itself and is definately more powerful then galactus, celestials, watchers etc.

and i didnt add the abstracts of both marvel and dc because they are not BEINGS, they are{or are understood to be} concepts.

Magee
You should have said Thanos with either or either, make that clearer next time.
Yes but "god" was not even at half power when he was killed. And all he has is two guns that never miss. He is easily killed, hes just a normal man.
The creator of the thread only said "ridiculously powerful god-like beings who create universes and manipulate realities". He didnt specify wether they had to be beings with living bodys. Infact god like beings makes me think of LT, Eternity, Infinity etc.

radioboy121
I thought Galactus needed heralds to help him find suitable planets, and possibly second, for companionship? When Airwalker was around, Galactus use to reflect on stories about his former experiences.

Other characters that comes to mind who couldn't exactly handle the heightened awareness would be Mastermind (he later recovered) and possibly Nebula.

As DC lies on a religious theme, then theoretically God is the ultimate being. However, I believe DC powerhouses like Lucifer, etc. haven't been around as long either. The first Spectre was merely a shadow to the way he has been rewritten (since the 60's?). I choose Marvel merely for my liking of the entities represented and history they have in writings .

ayjay
yep yep...i am the CREATOR of the THREAD BWUAHAHAHA...yeeh..n e wayz....yeeh..i was thinking of beings such as LT, eternity etc when i thought of this thread...so yeeeh....i guess...as long as someone has actually seen an image of the 'being' their a candidate fior this thread...well judging from these respionses i'd be goin with marvel....

leonheartmm
in that case i hav a whole list smile
tribunal, franklin richards, holder of the heart of the universe, holder of the infinite gauntlet, entropy, epiphany, abraxas, eternity, infinte, death,
sentry, true beyonders, the infinite being, onslaught, the pheonix force.

{galactus, celestials, watchers, cronos, magus and ego the living planet dont qualify as GOD TYPES}

leonheartmm
in dc,
lucifer, elaine, micheal, {all the other angels}, swamp thing, god, the presence, the dark beast, spectar, superman prime, parallex, ion, destiny, death, morpheus{dream 1}, daniel{dream 2}, destruction,
desire, despair, delirium,

leonheartmm
i like dc because they have cooler characters{marvel has em too but in dc, they look more errrrrrrrrr DIVINE}, i know that they are more relegious n all but really, u cant help like characters like lucifer morningstar.

leonheartmm
lucifer

radioboy121
Perhaps because he's devious and his character might be more fleshed out than a lot of the Marvel entities who either don't even speak, or have a cardboard personality.

supremthor
Dc gods like to have fun unlike marvel gods

leonheartmm
yea n drink champaigne smokin'

ayjay
lolz...yeeh..it seemz marvel gods are very.....quiet....

MERCILOUS
There's many characters in DC who have superior powers to god, In Marvel it seems that in the end all answer to THOAA or something that might be god, so i say DC.

ayjay
wai ta sec...so is god an actualy character in da marvel verse and dc verse?

MERCILOUS
In the Preacher book yes. In the rest of DC he has not been seen to my knowledge, but Swamp Thing did go after Him once and would have killed Him if Arcane had not stopped him.

Havoc470
he's not in marvel, they basically used mythological gods and gave them substance which imo is cool because its sort of an ode to the people of the past who believed in these gods so much

eleveninches
yahweh (god) is featured in lucifer and preacher in vertigo

MERCILOUS
To my knowledge those two have never crossed paths.

eleveninches
god was featurred in lucifer, where he was said to have abandonned the universe and "closed the loop of eternity from the outside. He's not coming back". In preacher, it was shown that he quit the universe in fear of genesis, who had a power similar to god himself. Genesis bonded with the human jesse custer, and went on a mission to hunt down god and hold him responsible for his sins. However, at the end of preacher, it was the saint of killers who killed god and the entire angelic host (although god was only just returning, so he wasnt at full power when he was killed)

ayjay
o0o..so dc has basically establish more 'christiany-catholicly' god beings..whilst marvel have gone for the moer 'ancient-roman-greek' god beings....wat powers did 'god' have in DC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.