Do You Own A Rosary?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Loving_Daniel11
My aunt gave me a Rosary at my first communion and I've had it ever since. It was hers as a child.
Last night I was watching this show about demons and such and...being the pussy that I am (Just kidding) I got the rosary out and put it on. smile
Do you own a rosary?

jnolan
i own a few, however i always wondered why it was made to look like a necklace but is supposed to be held in the hand when used?? anyone know?

Loving_Daniel11
Because each of the gems on the rosary symbolize something having to do with Mother Mary. Thats all I know. Thats why people say the Rosary at a Funeral.
See, it looks like a necklace because so many of them symbolize something to do with the Virgin mary.
Here's some info here.
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/People/spok/catholic/rosary.html

jnolan
thanks

Loving_Daniel11
Welcomes

Jury
Actually... the Rosary originated from Pagans... so, as a Christian, I don't. smile

finti
the rosary is a christian thing so as a pagan I dont

Loving_Daniel11
Im Catholic, and Catholics originated somehow...from Christians, I dont know I never payed attention in Religion Class.

finti
somehow???? they really established the christian church

you can say that again big grin big grin

jnolan
strangely enough alot of symbols are shared between both the pagan and christian religion,(the triqueta for example), and some symbols are shared even between christans and satanist, the upside down cross, allthough i dont really think you can say they are shared as they represent different things but they look the same so....

A4E
where r u from lovin daniel?? u sound very south american (no offense)

and I dont own a rosary, my mom does, she's a roman catholic and i am kinda a VERY liberal christian

A4E
i do believe in god but i dont believe in the roman church

A4E
And finti dont bash me cuz i believe in jesus

my religion ideals r very weird... i kinda think that god doesnt really agree with the typical masses, i think that IF we go to his 'temple' we should have fun... and stuff... well thats jujst me

finti
so all roman catholics are conservative christians then??

finti
you can believe in whatever you want

A4E
yes lol... well i dunnop leave me alone! lol

i was kidding when i said finti dont bash me, u know that right?

finti
I know JF

A4E
oh ok... wink wait... wuts JF?

finti
jesus freak devil

jnolan
just plain freak smokin'

Loving_Daniel11
lol finti. Hey at least I know some stuff..heehee

finti
oh, you sure fooled us then

Loving_Daniel11
Shaddup

finti
what???????? shut up or.........shaddup laughing out loud a bit Italian there big grin.

"Ah-lo, I`m-a Guisppe
I got-a something special-a for you
Ready, uno, two, tray, quatro
When I was a boy just about-a eighth-a grade
Mama used to say, don`t-a stay out-a late
With the bad-a boys, always shoot-a pool
Guiseppe, gonna flunk-a school

Boy, it make-a me sick, one thing I gotta do
I can`t-a git-a no kicks
Always got to follow rules
Boy, it make-a me sick
Just to make the lousy bucks
Got to feel like a fool
And the Mama used to say alla time

What`s-a matta you, hey
Got-a no respect
What do you tink you do
Ehy you look-a so sad
It`s-a not so bad, it`s-a nice place
Ah, shaddup-a you face " - Joe Dolce`s Shaddup-a you face

rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

jnolan
oops

Tela
No, but i want one so god damned much sice I watched stigmata

jnolan
thats just funny that you said you want a rosary so "God Damned" bad huh

Loving_Daniel11
Lmao Tala.

Jury
Roman Catholics are not Biblically Christians, they only think they are. Their head is the Pope at Rome, not Christ.
Their church was built upon Peter, not Christ. (Peter never been to Rome, it was Paul)

They're more on Traditions, not in the Bible.

Holy Rosary are Catholic's, not Christian's.

Beyond Image
i had a black and white beaded one long time ago, but lost it somewhere over time.

oh, and what do they represent or do?

finti
the head of their curch is the pope, just like archbishops is head of protestant churches, they belive Peter was their first pope who built the church to follow jesus teachings. Catholics are christians due to that they prosess the belif that jesus is the christ and follow his teachings. Now his teachings can be interpreted in many ways and those who claims their ways is the only right way is nothing but a bunch of arrogant ignorant conceited morons.

A4E
byotch devil

finti
byotch?????????? I dont talk rap crap

Napalm
Catholics worship Jesus too. Thell go to heaven too

Afro Cheese
Honestly never heard of a rosary before now.

Lord Soth
I have one from my first communion (yeah, I was rasied Catholic), and one that my grandma gave me

Jury
but do they know who they worship to?

they recognize Christ, yes.

but do Christ recognize them?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
just as much or less as you do Jury

Jury
As a Christian, I am worshiping a true Christ, the Christ mentioned in the Bible.

Catholics are not. They do not know who their Christ is... they would say it's God the Father, they would say its the Son... well they'll end up confused about that. And you don't know Him either, fins. smile Not yet... because I know you don't, or shall I say, never care about Him.

smile

finti
you are right I dont believe in this jesus dude as a divine thing. The christ you believe in aint no more right than the ones of the catholics, it is just all about believes and then no one is more right or wrong than the other. Any other views is plain arrogance

Bardock42

Bardock42
oh yeah and yes

finti
no why should I end in Germany big grin

Bardock42
You don'T fake to be christian you are an atheist that is good. PEople that are atheist end up in germany and can drink a lot of beer and drivew on the autobahn.

Loving_Daniel11
Id rather worship Marilyn Manson than believe in nothing at all.

Bardock42
Why's that?

A4E
well i do! u... u... AF

atheist freak, thats good stick out tongue

A4E
lol that made me laugh

Lord Soth
Okay, you're all holy and shit, what happens to me if I say 'Jesus H. Christ on a Cracker?'

frodo34x
*remembers song "I don't care if they say that I'm a Jesus Freak"*

Jury
confused i dunno what your problem is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carnival_junkie
I own several rosaries.

... which is odd since i'm an Atheist. but ish, my family is devout catholic.

Bardock42
same with me

well I used to own at least one couldn't find it now though.

carnival_junkie
i greatly treasure mine.
they're all from Italy. My great grandfather brought them here when he was young.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
My aunt gave me a Rosary at my first communion and I've had it ever since. It was hers as a child.
Last night I was watching this show about demons and such and...being the pussy that I am (Just kidding) I got the rosary out and put it on. smile
Do you own a rosary?

Nope, don't need it. It has no power whatsoever. Demons are not afraid of a rosary, but they are afraid of the Name of Jesus.

Storm
No.

TRH
Yes

Strangelove
Technically, yes I do. I got one from my first communion. Have seen it in however many years, though.Originally posted by Lord Soth
Okay, you're all holy and shit, what happens to me if I say 'Jesus H. Christ on a Cracker?' What the hell was going through my head when I said that?

Alliance
Do you own a rosary?

No.

Goddess Kali
Do you own a rosary?

Yes, and im not even Christian laughing

Rosaries are beautiful though, so i kept it ...I still like the Virgin Mary..but that's probably because I like Virgins droolio

Devil King
Originally posted by Strangelove
What the hell was going through my head when I said that?

The devil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.