Which is more indestructable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
kingSilver Surfer's board

...Or...

Captain America's Shield

ScarletSpider
We've seen instances where they've both been comrpomised. Although Surfer's board seems to be weaker. Though from what we've seen in his recent series, it doesn't really matter, as it's connected to him and he can control it to rebuild it or break it apart.

BobbyD
Hmm, great question. What about Mojilnor?...Thor's hammer? Where would that fit compared to those two?

lightaxe
its been broken already :/

Krissy Von Doom
The shield was shattered by the SW Beyonder and IG Thanos.
Surfer's board was smashed by Morg.

Nathaniel Grey
Come on now. This isn't the reaction I would have expected. Every time I turn around someone's always elevating the potency of cosmic powers when compared to those of earthbound powers. Captain America's shield should not even compare to the COSMIC strength that Silver Surfer's board posses. It was constructed by Galactus himself who is a being far beyond the mere mortals that constructed Steve Roger's shield. There is absolutely NO comparison here. I'm sure it takes MUCH more effort to break Norrin Radd's board than it does Captain America's shield. Over and Out.

BobbyD
Thor's hammer has been broken?

lightaxe
yes in disassembled his hammer was broken into like 3 pieces.

Nathaniel Grey
It broke before that as well. When Thor was fighting the Dark Asgardian Gods. Thor #2, I believe.

Krissy Von Doom
I don't think the creator matters, whether it's earth-made or otherwise. I don't think Galactus was aiming to create the most indestructible thing ever when he made that board.

whobdamandog
I remember an instance in Future Imperfect where the Maestro used the board to block Captain America's Shield from hitting him. The Shield was Thrown at him by the Professor I believe.

It would make sense for the board to be as strong if not stronger than Thor's hammer or Cap's Shield. I mean.. it was built to sustain the rigors of deep space..and the Surfer's flown through Sun's with it...So I'm sure its pretty damb tough..

whobdamandog
I remember an instance in Future Imperfect where the Maestro used the board to block Captain America's Shield from hitting him. The Shield was Thrown at him by the Professor I believe.

It would make sense for the board to be as strong if not stronger than Thor's hammer or Cap's Shield. I mean.. it was built to sustain the rigors of deep space..and the Surfer's flown through stars with it...So I'm sure its pretty damb tough..

Nathaniel Grey
If Galactus intended for Silver Surfer to withstand immense damage then I'm sure the same properties apply to his board. I'm pretty sure that it's made of the same substance and compose of the same energies that created Surfer as well. I just don't see how an item that was created by men could be as durable as one that was constructed by Galactus himself especially considering he didn't do a shabby job on the surfer himself. Again it's interesting. I was expecting people to rant about the Power Cosmic having a role to play in Surfer's board being neigh indestructable.

ayjay
i would go SS board for suure...its all ...cosmic and stuff.....cap's shield is man made.....

btw...RIPPIN sig nathaniel grey

BobbyD
Wow...I didn't know Mojilnor was that breakable? Funny how something can be so difficult to lift and easy to break. I gots to do some catching up on Goldilocks apparently.

Maelstrom
I go with the Surf board on this.
Adamantium is unbreakable, with the vibranium it is that much more resistant to damage.
Silver Surfer and his board are virtually indestructable. It's like a leap above unbreakable.
Still both have been damaged if i think. But if metal traveld at the speed of light unprotected, it would unravel or something.
Maybe that's the process how they made the adamantium shield with the vibranium and how they connected the metal to logans bones, via lightspeed.

lightaxe
no, it was just like molten adamantium, how would they use lightspeed on a person?

ayjay
lolz....btw...how did they get molten adamntium??...at what temp does adamantium melt???

Krissy Von Doom
Adamantium starts off as a liquid

leonheartmm
the thing with the adamantium is that once its purified and it solidifies, then its unbreakable, but the adamantium vibranium alloy that the cap's shield is made of is even more indestructable, it can not be damaged by temperature, pressure or high impacts, the only way u can break it is by messing with its molecular structure and bonding.

but the surfer's board has more than just PHYSICAL , structural strength, its probably tempered with the power cosmic n the surfer's powers, so its probably more indestructable, howerver, its been broken before both by morg and by cable.

leonheartmm
and one more thing, caps shield was not made as just a human experiment, it was mistakenly made when the scientist reaearchin the adamantium vibranium bonding left the both of em in his lab and went to sleep or somethin, when he woke up the other day, the two metals had somehow bonded into a disk like shape{this disk was later given to captain america who uses it as a shield}, however from then till now, the vibranium adamantium alloy has never been duplicated, and no one knows how the two metals bonded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.