The Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stellarX
Ok, so this is supposed to be a horror movie......yet everyone in the theatre was laughing hysterically because it was so awful.

I guess the editors got high and decided, "Let's crop off an hour and see if anyone notices." Well, I noticed....that the plot was a loosely curled pile of sh*t.
No flow whatsoever. Not worth $8.

MornGlory
thank you for that review -- the adds on TV were saying it was suppose to be a super scary movie - but I wont see it now - i hate crappy horror movies!

Jackie Malfoy
Looks like a regular horror movie to me.I don't like those kind of movies.But I did hear that it got great reviews!JM

Red Superfly
Why do horror movies ALWAYS have "Super scary says the Daily Mail" on their ads?

They NEVER live up to anything they say. No horror movie has ever horrified me, apart from the odd obscure 1970's one.

Horror movies = not scary, whats the point? Not scary = crap stupid film.

Assassin Q
What exactly was the movie about?! I fell asleep.

-=Urot=-
mad I agree 1000% with you. This movie was a big joke. They never went into detail about the family, house, old women, occult practices, and children to keep the story going, and the ending was just plain awful. I mean come on what the deal with the abrupt ending without connecting or completing the plot line.

I give this movie 0 stars out of 5.

By the end I wanted my money back!

So plz whatever you do, don't waste your time on this filth.

tabby999
with those little blurbs, they edit what the press say into useable chunks for example "this movie is amazingly bad" would become "this movie is amazing." that and they pay some people in the media to make them sound good. check it out, for even the worst movie there is always a few good reveiws.

SlipknoT
I'm convinced Hollywood can not put out a good horror movie anymore.

Hypernova
I thought this was that Australian movie released late-90s. Had to do a search on it at yahoo. ymmij_312 gave this an A but was the only one laughing out loud

Do you think it's harder to put out a good horror movie these days?

forumcrew
wasnt the least bit scary.. movie was just absolutely piss poor..

i dont think its that much harder today i just think they arnt putting enough thought into them

Elektra_lover
I went to the movies today to see it, and no one understude this piece of sh!t

jaxcore
I didn't even sit through the whole thing. After about a half an hour of the plot going nowhere I decided I'd have more fun browsing through Barnes & Noble.

tabby999
more to the point, when DID hollywood make good horror movies anyway?

Ruan
I thought it was kinda scary, but borrows too much from older films like 'The Shining' and '7 Days To Live'. Some parts in Darkness really freaked me out completely, for example where Anna's character picks up the phone hearing a crying baby on the other end! And what an intense moment when the 'figure', in the middle of the picture on the wall, just vanished...only to be ACTUALLY lurking up in the ceiling!! That was truly creepy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.