The Stone Roses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
Ok, did a search, and found NO matchups for a Stone Roses thread. May I ask - WHY?

Anyway, I'll start it. I dunno how big the Stone Roses are in USA and elsewhere, but they made a massive impact here in the UK.

My fave Roses song is Waterfall.

Absolutely stunning band who went straight to the top, deserved every bit of their fame, and disappeared. Concise and to the point. Lesser bands would try and get new members to stay afloat, The Roses didn't. When their guitarist left, they packed it in, superb integrity right there - despite the fact their public demeanor was to be arrogant little gits.

They had every right to be arrogant because they are that damn good, and packed it in when they said their piece. They didn't stick around knowing what they knew they had done their best already unlike certain other huge bands *cough*Metallica*cough.

Not only that, but their music was, and still is, second to none. Brilliant riffs that span every genre.

If any of you have played Grand Theft Auto San Andreas or Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, they provided the track "Fools Gold" for the soundtrack. Just in case you didn't know off the top of your head.

Any fans of Stone Roses then? If not, then get some taste.

Any newcomers - go download 'Fools Gold', 'I Wanna Be Adored' or "Waterfall' for a taste of their brilliance.

tabby999
they were pretty good, but as far as britpop goes, Oasis is my band.

Red Superfly
OMG, nobody has heard of them. Doesn't surprise me, everyone seems to be into those boy bandy-bands like Maroon 5 and Busted here anyway.

Stupid forum. evil face

gwiinlgleirn
they kick mann! the only songs i know by them are fools gold and getting high though. people should check them out

tabby999
well i said i know them...

gwiinlgleirn
yeah, I meant other people who just might happen to be checking out this thread. I also wanted to state my opinion about the damn band

bobby_sox
saw them 15 years ago when they played Spike Island. CLASSIC band. as Noel Gallagher said - without Ian Brown and the Stone Roses, there would be no Oasis....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.