What if it isn't Sidious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

davesmolo
Ok - I was watching the teaser trailer again and it suddenly hit me. What if that shot we see of the hooded man with weird teeth wielding his red lightsaber ISN'T SIDIOUS?

What if it is Plageous (or however you spell it) and we're witnessing a flashback of when Palpatine battled his sith master and killed him.

Think about it...the shot we have from the trailer DOES NOT MATCH any other Sidious shot we have (the latest Before the Helmet has him all wrinkled)

Could this be the case?

jnolan
what youre saying makes sense except for the lightsaber the fig. in the trailer is holding has already been said to be sidious' I think he just looks diff. in the trailer b/c its from a weird angle

PVS
OMFG that is ian mcdiarmid playing sidious in the trailer.

please close before someone starts talking shit about sidious having a clone again roll eyes (sarcastic)

DARTH DADDY
I wouldn't go as far as a clone. But, you bring up a good point. Come on, that's how people come up with some of the good stuff is thinking outside the box. Although I'd say this is outside our universe but hey, lets at least listen.

DARTH DADDY
Although I do think it is the man himself.

Grievous_90210
and the fact if u pause the trailer u can see him holding sidous' lightsaber

PVS
apparently thats not good enough, because the rebuttal will be
"what if sidious took his sabre"

its just not worth debating

davesmolo
Ok - he's holding sidious' lightsaber...but what if it belong to his master first...

All I'm saying is, it doesn't look a like Palpatine/Sidious...so let's leave open the possibility for another sith making a cameo in this movie

DARTH DADDY
The question of him, or whoever it is, holding a certain lightsaber is irrelevant. You can take anything out of a died persons hand.

PVS
laughing out loud

see what i mean?

just let it go
its one of those ridiculous theories that cant be proven wrong,
so one must simply use common sense.

DARTH DADDY
what are the odds of another sith looking so similar to Sidous?

PVS
odds= ZERO

Grievous_90210
"what are the odds of another sith looking so similar to Sidous?"

cause its a clone
JK

laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance zorro

"odds= ZERO"

jk

DARTH DADDY
I think you have to remember that this is 20+ years before ROTJ. People change. So he wouldn't look the same. Not to mention that this may be the first time we see him with so much of the darkside coming out of him.

DenKi
Lucas and The People who makes the trailer could of done somthing very clever...

You know the clip which shows Mace and a wall dark cape on the left side, It could be Anakin wearing his cape then they fight?

Becos thats why they added Sidious attacking with his Sabre afew scenes after to make it look like its Him.

I think its Anakin

Morridini
By the way, I think it looks like Sidious is striking downwards, so perhaps it's from the Sidious vs Yoda duel.

Jedi Priestess
Dave hun it's Sideous aka Palpatine....just go with it...........

DARTH DADDY
Hello JP, nice to see you again. Anyways I think this is going nowhere. Lets find something else more interesting to talk about.

Jedi Priestess
good luck with that, I think this week maybe pretty rough considering we have nothing coming out of the OS till next Monday. It's my hope that Ternian, Josh or Spoilerrific are feeling generous.

DARTH DADDY
I'm sure we can start some rumor. Like this one that we have been talking about. But it was an interesting thought.

Cipher
Lucas doesn't do flashbacks in SW movies......

Unless that's a recording from the Sith Holocron that Yoda finds on the Wookie planet when-

Sorry, almost went into another crazy rumor.....

lucasfilm
too true for any more words!!!!!!! pleeeeeez close!

Darth_Nihilis
Who the hell is dartyh plaugous or what ever the hell his name is?????

smoker4
Ohno, i really am in groundhog day! Reads through the posts..... clone arrrrhhh! holocrons arrrhhhh! wacko

brendy
what a joke! Now i realise why so many of you guys get pissed, when someone posts something like that!

LandoSpeeder
Yes we get them quit often too which makes it all the worse. But now I just say what I want to say to someone who post something like this in my head instead of actually posting it (Unless it is just to retarded).

Anyway, I thought this thread was locked. confused

mtryder
Maybe it's Han Solo making a cameo.

Captain REX
Oh shut up already! It's Sidious! Move on to a more interesting topic of Star Wars, like how Wookiees reproduce! For Christ sakes, let the topic die! stick out tongue

Darth_Duffy
WHAT?! Sideous has a clone you say? stick out tongue

bwill00
if you go to theforce.net then go to toys section then you will indeed find a toy pic of sidious from the trailer. case solved

mtryder
You know, I wonder what the rule of two has to say about clones.

lord darcoonus
roll eyes (sarcastic) if i may just say something to what was said before about
it not being sidious your all wrong about it.

LandoSpeeder2
Dude, we kinda know now. Nobody has said anything in this thread since the first of Jan.

lord darcoonus
have you ever thought of the possibilities of,
the empire ever cloning the last remaining sith?
my theory was that senator palpatine knew what he
had to do so he divised a plan to clone them including
himself and of course the infamous darth maul!

lord darcoonus
if it isn't true then why call it revenge of the sith?
they where all wiped out long before anakins time
senator palpatine/darth sidious, count dooku, lord tyrannus
even the jedi knew this was going to happen,
yoda predicted it.
like u said yoda gets killed then cloned. so why doesnt the sith
get cloned.

ARC Trooper 117
laughing
Oh, that's funny....

lord darcoonus
if you all know now, you shouldnt have to reply to this or even read it

Imaginary
laughing out loud Yes, it is.

Red Superfly
Good idea.

Someone close this. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.