What the?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

goth_girl99
uh green day are NOT punk rock, u no this is starting to annoy me the whole punk rock shit, green day are pop/punk!, good charlotte are pop/punk! simple plan are pop/punk!. punk/rock is screaming and shit do u really see those bands screaming? no. i had to just cover that i don have anything against green day i have their new album its just like whith the poser avril lavigne she claims her music is punk! she a ****ing idiot. and like hilary duff claiming her musics rock? i mean wat the **** is wrong with these people?. the used are punk/rock!. afi are punk/rock u no bands like that.!. i hate posers and preps and they need 2 die. anyone here into heavy metal music?

\m/
~Krissy~

Snipes
i like ACDC no expression

Imperial_Samura
I don't really mind how people define what music "is". But then I guess it can be annoying to label things incorrectly....

tabby999
i'd still put Greenday under the label of punk rock, they may have more soft edged songs but their music is still solid and has alot of rock in it

eggmayo
I call all those bands nu-punk.
They'll never stop being called punk, but they dont have the fury and the energy of the Sex Pistols, the rage of the Clash.

Deathblow
C'mon guys who cares what they are, they're putting punk(ish)-rock back in the charts for the first time in like a decade. Yay for Green Day!

Bad Boy
Punk is known for being political... and Green Day are often political!

Darth Revan
yes

Yeah, they're not the Clash or the Sex Pistols... Nobody makes that kind of punk anymore, learn to deal with it. They're a pop rock band with punk elements, and pretty decent to boot.

Dr. Strangelove
Green Day makes good music, so really I could care less if they're punk or pop/punk.

Ronny
>.< i DONT CARE what they are

i like them... people spend to much time worring about what the media thinks. i say if it sounds good listen to it and call it by the band name. there is not liking of a certian genre...

tabby999
and greenday have been around long enough now to not be classed as `nu-school" punk anyway. without Dookie and Smash by the offspring, god knows where punk would have gone in the 90s

hh?
i like RATM no expression

someone is pissed no expression
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/youngz/ProfetTechniqueSig.gif

Wolf Dog
The correct answer is who gives a shit.

Darth Revan
Cool pic hh no expression

Reckoning
I'd call those bands shit rock.

hh?
thanks DR no expression

Afro Cheese
I hate The Used. Green Day are better than the used whether they are punk or not. Personally I don't care if they are punk.. punk rock fans are so damn picky about what is and isn't punk.. I've heard people argue that the clash isn't punk. What difference does it make? Music should be put into two categories: good music and bad music. Beyond that you're just grouping bands together that may have a similar sound/style/whatever, which is fine, but shouldn't matter when you are deciding if you like that band or not.

Reckoning
Thanks professor.

loserib
G.G Allan and teh Misfits

SlipknoT
I like metal

ElectricBugaloo
Welcome to the year 1994. And the Used aren't punk rock.

eggmayo
I like Metal.

IMETSIMPLEPLAN
hey greenday and simple plan r my favorite bands.
It even sez on simple plan's website they dont cliam to be rock/punk.
Dont judge music by its genre.
just beacause theyre not rock/punk doesnt make them bad. I just had to say that. Sorry if i offended any 1. Happy Dance

Alpha Centauri
I'll sort this debate out right now. Catagories? Ok.

Green Day: Great.

Simple Plan, Good Charlotte and Avril Lavigne: Shit.

Done.

Also, someone with the name Goth_Girl99 shouldn't be saying posers need to die.

-AC

Korri
I like mahogony with a varnished finish! eek!

Alpha Centauri
You also like leather don't you Korri.

-AC

Korri
No life 'till leather pimp

loserib
i love metal im in a metal band called Nothing but Losers you can check us out with the link in my sig

Fearnix
clapping down with Green day

heavy metal droolio

eggmayo
Oaks best though.

Korri
nah not really...

Alpha Centauri
She only likes Mahogany with a varnished finish coz of the....

Erm....ha.

-AC

eggmayo
I dont get the gag...

Alpha Centauri
She does.

In many ways.

-AC

Korri
i dont feel it either.. huh

rockchickgem
i agree, its still got the word "punk" so its good wink
(if you get what i mean)

rockchickgem
avril doesnt class herself as punk

Darth_Lucifer
Yeah the Used are Emo, im not a massive punk Rock Fan, but i Love Heavy Metal and Alterative metal and the occasional bit of Emobig grin

rockchickgem
punk rock and emo for me wink

HeartBroken
Metal is my friend, it gives me life and keeps me sane. I .....thought metal was my friend.

Libertine
I never used to think that greenday were punk, until i listened to all of their songs and actually compared them to other bands like the sex pistols and the clash, and you know what, they are punk. There's nothing you can do about it. Get over it and get on with your life.

i lovejake
i agree with wolf dog who gives a shit

i lovejake

i lovejake
green day,simple plan and good Charlotte don't claim to be any genre of music its just that ppl that write about bands needs to put them under a category

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.