Comic Book Forums Layout Change

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
As you may have noticed, the layout for the comic forums has change, making use of more of the sub forums.

I would like to get some feedback on the changes.

Shadow_King
why did you do it????

Raz
To free up space on the main forum page.

Shadow_King
ohhhh ok.

pr1983

Gregory
I think it's fine. It might make sense to take Spider Man out of the "More Comic Book Forums" section and put it out there with X-Men; it seems pretty popular.

Jedi Priestess
AHEM

Star Wars movies 148,812 stick out tongue

Shadow_King
but thats all combined together....

Jedi Priestess
yes and all the X-men movies are combined together and are the LOTR movies, ours are just sectioned instead of lumped in one forum

pr1983
sorry j.p, but we all know star wars will always be on the home page, and deservedly so... i love star wars as much as anyone. im talking about other movies.

Nathaniel Grey
It looks good. It seems a bit quicker to navigate now if that makes sense at all. Otherwise I've got no complains. Good word.

Jedi Priestess
I know pr I was just playin with ya since you didnt mention us hug

Shadow_King
i am getting all discombobulated since this happen... or i think its the new wallpaper for kmc.

TheFilmProphet
I completely agree.

I respectfully disagree with ALL of Raz's recent decisions.

Raz
I agree.

Shadow_King
i am with tfp and pr on this... i think x-men should not be a sub-forum in the CBMF

pr1983
So why doesnt star wars have one heading on the home page? then you could still section them like the comic book movies...

and still, potc, matrix, anime, horror...

Raz
Maybe I should have made this a poll.

Anyway, if there is a large portion of posters against the changes, I would be willing to revert the changes made.

pr1983
ok, thats fine, but there will be i can assure you.

Paola
I like it, as Nate there said, is easier to navigate... and Hulk and Superman deserved to be here as well

HarmonicFlo88
I think you should have a Marvel sub-forum and a DC sub-forum. its kinda unfair to other superheros if you have a whole sub-forum for only a select few POPULAR characters.

For example instead of having Batman and Superman, people can talk about them both under a DC Comics forum. same goes for Spider-man and Hulk. that way characters that aren't that well known dont get pushed off to tha side.

Shadow_King
well they did that because they were the most succesful films in the comc book industry.

HarmonicFlo88
So is this forum some type of award ceremony? let them be tha most successful...that doesn't make ALL of tha other characters in tha entirety of both Marvel and DC worth less. It should be fair to all but at tha same time, have some organization. such as 'Marvel' and 'DC'.

Paola
it's a MOVIE forum, Harmonic.... that would be cool if this was a COMIC forum, but it isn't.

HarmonicFlo88
And yet so much that we talk about on this part of tha forum, is mostly focused on tha comic part.

Joker1237
Reason, I belive is that there are more comics, than movies.

I think Wonder Woman had a few movies, could be wrong though.

HarmonicFlo88
Exactly so to balance, we should have a DC and Marvel section where tha popular movies could be discussed aswell as characters from comics.

Paola
and have a forum or subforum for each comic? what about 'Top Cow' comics or whatever their name are? should they have their own forum too?

HarmonicFlo88
Well its mostly Marvel and DC, maybe an 'Other' option would be good for vallant comics or wutever else.

Hey, it beats having tons of discussions on popular characters made even more popular with their own movies. leaving more powerful, arguably better characters in tha dust.

I dont see why there can't be threads under my idea of a 'Marvel' sub-forum where members can create threads for any character they wish.

Gregory
I think that's a bad idea. Please explain to me how having a Batman subforum stops people from talking about other "more powerful, arguably better characters" in the General Discussion Forum. It doesn't, as far as I can see.

Jedi Priestess
PAOLA!! I LOVE your sig and av!

HarmonicFlo88
Then why not discuss about batman in the 'General Discussion Forum'? just because they made movies for batman it means that he gets his own sub-forum? then why not have sub-forums for every comic movie instead of a select few?

Plus tha title says "More Comic Books Forums". so why not put categories like 'Marvel' and 'DC'? if it was meant for strictly movie characters it would say "More Comic Book Movie Forums".

I think i re-stated my idea too many times, if people are blindly against it then so be it. i just dont like tha idea of hugely popular characters having their own forums named after them while theres little space for everyone else.

pr1983
flo i do empathize (i'd kill for a flash thread), but its movies, not comics as paola said...

Paola
eek! thanx JP!

Harmonic: again, is about movies, not comics

Gregory
HarmonicFlo88:
Because when you don't have a method for dealing seperately with the most popular comics, the general area becomes clogged. Look at the anime forum before Wind Dancer told people they weren't allowed to make any more DBZ threads. The solution Paola has in place is a hell of a lot less restrictive than saying people can only talk about Batman in one thread--which is what Wind Dancer did with a number of anime, what Backfire had to do with "Nightmare On Elmstreet" and other very popular movie series, and what Paola would probably end up having to do with X-Men and Spider-Man--what, as you will no doubt remember, she did end up doing with all the versus threads.

Also, what Paola just said.

"Little space for anyone else?" I'm sorry, did Paola institute a "one thread a day" rule in the General Comic section or something?

Paola
'one thread a day'? blink sounds like a good idea! dev

jk

HarmonicFlo88
Okay you're saying that ALL tha other characters get tha General Discussion Forum while hugely popular select characters get their own sub-forum?

I dont see tha logic behind that. if you're going to make sub-forums, then why not male it Marvel Comics and DC Comics where both massively popular and regular characters get their fair share?

I guess you people aren't open to other's ideas.

Nathaniel Grey
I truly understand the logic that you're using, man. I really do. But does it matter at all? As long as you can locate the threads with relative ease and post your opinions, things should be all good. Am I right?

- Plays Bob Marley " We're Jammin'. " smokin'

Gregory
And so would the DC and Marvel subforums.

And ultimately, Paola is the boss, and she doesn't want to.

Incidently, I don't think anybody's impressed with your attempt to paint everybody who disagree's with you as closed-minded.

Joker1237
How about a fourm of DC/Marvel One Fourm, than maybe a other fourm for non Marvel/DC.

Or out law any comic that did not have a movie.

The Turtles had movies, So they can be talked about, but Man Hunter does not have a movie, So he is out law?? Just thinking?

HarmonicFlo88
1. I'm not trying to impress anyone. i didn't even think about that but most likely that's in your nature as it was on your mind.
2. You can't really ask people to give their ideas if you're mind is completely made up. so other's opinions should not have been asked for.
3. And tha way people dismissed my idea was like no one even considered it, it was already decided. even nathaniel understood my idea but he gives in due to tha fact that atleast tha other characters get some space and that my idea doesn't have a shot.

But you know wut? F*ck it, theres no reason for me not to stop caring. peace

Gregory
So you're just insulting people for the heck of it? I think my interpretation was more generous, frankly. I'm trying to decide whether youre attempt to psychoanalyze me based on a single internet post is laughable or pity-inducing. Both, maybe.

Raz asked what we thought of the new lay-out. All of your posts, about setting up DC and Marvel forums were unsolicited. As were my responses to those posts. I'm not sure what you think you're talking about here, actually. I assume that you wanted to make a point with the stuff in brackets, but since I never claimed to be your boss, or ordered you to drop your idea, I can't immagine what it is.

I considered your idea, and decided it was bad. I've even told you why I think it's bad. Paola told you why she thought it was a bad idea. Nobody dismissed your idea out of hand.

HarmonicFlo88
Okay and i thought the changes were bad and suggested something. and by the boss part i meant paola or raz..you aren't a forum leader.

Obviously you thought my idea was bad and upon posting, you SHOULD explain why you thought it was bad...why act like you did me a favor by even telling me why its bad?

My idea was bad according to you+paola because this is a MOVIES forum yet we talk about art, religion, homosexuality and etc ON this forum. in this comic section alone most of our conversations are outside of movies but you are suggesting having sub-forums solely to movie characters. plus only a SELECT FEW movie characters make it.

Look you'll probably win this argument as you seem like a forum arguing expert . logic, reason and fairness do not apply but cleverly typed manipulating/insulting paragraphs are written about anything. so i give up, i care no more. to me its simple : I had idea, i suggested idea, it was shot down and THIS happens, and now i stop caring. you guys can continue on with this thread.

Paola
Harmonic, it wasn't a bad idea.... it's just that it wouldn't work here erm

so guys.... you like it how it is now?

pr1983
nope, but for different reasons, so i suppose it'll do.

Arachnoidfreak
I think it's alright. No problems with it.

Raz
More changes, with more forums in the main comic book page.

pr1983
alot better than before...

Gregory
It was good before; now, it's better.

Cinemaddiction
I suggested that "Batman" get the bump for the upcoming sequel, and I believe Paola asked for Supes to get his due. So, make us look good, frequent those forums. smart

Arcane
i liked it the old way, this way is just...not good

Clovie
star wars has all section, and could as well changed into subforums

and xmen got hidden cry crying

or move PoTC to that more forums thingie... idea1

D-Double
I like it the other way...but hey, I'm kooky like that... wacko

please change it back...

pr1983
why cant we have something like this?

Clovie
raazzzzzzzie... plz.............. make it......

pr1983
what she said...

Raz
We could have that, but it was decided if one forum is moved, then it will set a precedent for others to be moved.

Also, from what I'm seeing, most people seem ok with the move. thumb up

TheFilmProphet
That looks great.

Clovie
make a precedent!!!!!

pr1983
raz, with respect, the x-men is one of the biggest forums traffic wise, surely that justifies a move without setting a precedent? most comic threads have a long way to go before they hit 100,000 posts...

Gregory
You can still get to the X-Men forum on the main page. As far as I can see, moving it back would take up space without providing any actual benefits.

RoguePw25
I miss seeing the X-men Forum as it's own little board, but I have to admit that I'm liking the new changes. I like the idea of a "Comic Book Movies" cuz we can talk about the movies and such, I never really did that before. I think the new changes allows me to visit other boards. I know I never went into the Superman forum and today I did, so yeah .. .

pr1983
why not do that with the matrix, potc or anime or horror forums?

Gregory
The comic forums are unique because they are clearly subforums of another forum. That is, "X-Men movies" are clearly a subsection of "Comic Book Movies"--every X-Men movie is also a comic book movie. There's no reason you couldn't do it with the Matrix forums and the others (Raz has talked about putting the Matrix subforum down in "More Forums," as a matter of fact), but it's less natural, because, for example the POTC forum isn't a subforum of anything--if you did the same with POTC, where would you put it? I suppose you could put it under "Movie Discussion," but if you put every movie subforum under there, that would be twelve subforums in the Movie Discussion forum, which would be sort of unwieldy (almost twice the number of comicbook subforums)

pr1983
i see your point completely gregory, but imo the amount of traffic alone surely justifies that x-men has a place on the home page.

Raz
After talking to Paola and looking at the affects of the move, it has been decided between us that the comic book forums will be moved back to the main forum page.

The layout is the same as before the move, with the exception of a few additions.

Clovie
good admin happy

pr1983
thanks raz... really... excellent job...

Paola
that's my Raz love happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.