2004 DVD Releases: Year in Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
What did you guys think were the best DVD releases to drop in 2004, and why? Finally get a flick you've been longing for? Did the 4 disc "Dawn of the Dead" set blow your mind?!

Discuss!

BackFire
So far I'd say the following are among the top dvd's of the year

-LOTR:ROTK:EE
-Dawn of the Dead 4 disc edition
-Star wars trilogy
-Clerks 10th anniversery edition
-Alien Quadrilogy
-Hellboy
-Shawshank redemption 2 disc edition.

Shaolin Monk
and I'd add Hero to that list ^. I saw the movie at the end of 2003, but was looking forward to a R1 release of the DVD so that I could watch it on my DVD player, and share it with friends.

Lord_Andres
LOTR:ROTK:EE
Was by far the best DVD for me, it had 50extra mins to the movie, and I think it was about 5 or 6 hours extra stuff, now thats what I call I good DVD package!

Dr. Strangelove
My best DVD's of 04

The Testament of Dr. Mabuse Criterion Collection- Two films with different actors, good amount of extras and a transfer that rivals the greatness of the Citizen Kane transfer.

The Battle of Algiers Criterion Collection- good transfer, three disks of extras that cover both the movie and the event to every last detail.

Dawn of the Dead 4 disk- Three different versions of the movie, great transfer, three different commentaries, huge documentaries.

Goodfellas 2 disk- good transfer, my favorite commentary with the real Henry Hill and Edward McDonald, good extras.

Videodrome Criterion Collection- good transfer, two commentaries, short film by Cronenberg, documentaries, and one the most creative packaging I have ever seen.

Star Wars- I would be redundant to explain why this one is great. wink

Field of Dreams- good transfer, deleted scenes, commentary and as a huge baseball fan the America's Stadium trivia feature was very interesting and informative.

Batman the animated series Volume 1- Not the greatest in terms of extras or transfer, but just to see this great series on DVD has been great.

<<Solo>>
24 Season 3
Eternal Sunshine
Shaun Of The Dead

forumcrew
Star Wars has been long awaited by me.. and from the first time I saw the Garden State trailer I wanted it and after I saw the movie i wanted it more so thats up there too

Mane
LOTR: ROTK EE, Dodgeball, Spider-Man 2

SlipknoT
LOTR: ROTK EE
Dawn of the Dead 4 disc
Dawn of the Dead (04)
Friday the 13th Box Set
Simpsons season 4
Clerks 10th anniversary edition
Star Wars Trilogy
Predator SE
The Thing CE

forumcrew
wow just thought of a big one the Seinfeld DVD's

Jackie Malfoy
We had a great year for dvds.I like the star wars one!JM

ladygrim
i think last year was the year for freakin zombies ...and Rotk EE

dean7879
shuan of the dead
the office box set
shawshank redemption

ladygrim
smile ..

Beastro
Hasnt "The Shawnsack Redemption" always been on dvd?

Cinemaddiction
There was an 2 disc SE this year.

Wolfie
Special DVDs:
Clerks X
Friday the 13th Series
Star Wars Trilogy

New Releases:
The Butterfly Effect
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Garden State
Shaun of the Dead

some others probably that I can't think of

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.