How about Wrong Turn 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chilled monkey
If they made a sequel to 'Wrong Turn', what would its story be?

Napalm
The first one was crap so I dont really wanna see another one made.

Lord_Andres
How about no more wrong turns?????????

Cinemaddiction
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord_Andres
Yo Cdic when did you become moderator? good luck buddy with your promotion!

Cinemaddiction
I was assigned yesterday officially, and I thank you. You guys ever need anything in the "Movies" forums, I'm your guy. big grin

Wolfie
Congrats, C-Dic.

Wrong Turn 2? It would be about how Hollywood has lost all standards and make sequels to any and every movie they possibly can.

Cinemaddiction
Thanks, Wolfman. thumb up

"Wrong Trun 2: The Detour"...har-har..

slayer
Lol guys.

If they can find a decent story it may be worth it.smile

Congrats C-Disk!!

Cinemaddiction
"C-Disk"..haven't heard that one before, but Thanks! thumb up

BackFire
Couldn't have said it better myself.

ragesRemorse
maybe they should just make good movies

tabby999
now we can have power struggles between Backfire and C-Dic, butting heads like rams in nature documentarys....hehe, that'd be funny, seeing a guy who looks like peter jackson running head first into a guy who looks like someone from american history x....hehe, BANG!

slayer
Lol i remember wen i 1st came 2 the foru and i had little knowledge on horror i regaurded it as one of the best horror movies of all time lol and i was really mean 2 Backfire about it, sorry man.

Cinemaddiction
That's about as credible as TCM being "the goriest movie of all time". Horror noobs never fail to entertain me with their virginal approach to their movies.

ironmovies
The 1st 1 really scared me but that could b because my attic door fell off its hinges and scared the shit out of me the film itself suked, except miss dushku

sorcerer4u
Wrong Turn is no.3 on my top 10 horror movies list. I found it very, very original. It was scary as hell! In fact, it's one of the best low-budget horrors ever! It did pretty good at Box Office (don't forget that the movie budget was ~ $10,000,000. ) It did almost $30,000,000 million world-wide so it should have a sequel. I'd love to see a sequel!

C'mon.. Why not? Eliza Dushku did great stuff! I think the plot should start where the 1st movie ended.

Cinemaddiction
Watch more Horror movies.

eggmayo
How the **** is 10 million low budget?

Cinemaddiction
Production was $13 M, actually, and it made $15 M in the US. How the **** a movie like that cost THAT much to produce is beyond me, unless it was spent on paying off The Talentless Ms. Dushku, and used for royalties to all the horror flicks the movie ripped off.

eggmayo
How much did Evil Dead cost to make?

Cinemaddiction
$300,000

eggmayo
So if Sam and Bruce could make a classic movie like that for 300,000... and te makers of Wrong Turn had 10 million... just what the hell went wrong?

sorcerer4u
I did! I saw a lot of horrror movies and belive me, for me no.3 it is! That doesn't mean I'm not waiting for a challange.

cool

sorcerer4u
For me, Wrong Turn is a classic allright!

stick out tongue

chilled monkey
Sorcerer4u: Finally, someone else who acknowledges Wrong Turn is great!

I agree entirely. It has good suspense, fine acting (especially from Eliza Dushku) and some interesting ideas. One thing I liked is how Chris comes across as something of a screw-up throughout the movie. For example, when he tries to act as a decoy and gets shot in the leg (so the others have to go to his aid). That is something you rarely see in movies.

I agree that the sequel should definately have Chris (Desmond Harrington) and Jessie (Eliza Dushku) return, but do you think it should have some new people as well? For me, it would be Rachael Bella. I also think they should introduce some new mountain men. Say that the three in the first film weren't the only ones.

sorcerer4u
I'm also glad that I found someone that acknowledges Wrong Turn is great smile

I've seen this movie 5 times and everytime it's better and better!
Eliza Dushku was a surprise for me, because I didn't hear anything about her since this movie.
I also love that scene of yours with Chris. And I agree: it's an improvement in horror genre.

I guess a sequel should have... Well... Wrong Turn has 3 mountain men allright. It was enough (I think) but a sequel should
have more? or less? You saw after credits that 1 mountain man was alive, didn't you? If you don't and have the movie just stay tooned after credits for a surprise.
smile

As for Rachael Bella... I don't know. I don't like her so much. But I'd love to see some panic on the face (and body) big grin of.... Elisha Cuthbert (The Girl Next Door). Because... she already has a horror movie named House of Wax (release date: 29 April 2005 - USA) and it sounds very good.

If you didn't know. Wrong Turn is no.3 on my top 10 horror list.

cool

ps: Jessie and Chris shoud return allright. I mean.... a sequel without Jessie will be pointless! And I also think that a sequel will be made sooner or later. I mean... WTF... Jeepers Creepers 2 had a sequel and movies like: The Eye, Mimic (2 sequels already) , The Cube also) , and many, many more!

chilled monkey
Elisha Cuthbert is pretty good. I'll look forwards to seeing 'House of Wax'.

I have watched the post-credits scene, thanks. The way I see it, a sequel has to make the threat more dangerous than the previous one. If Chris and Jessie could overcome three mountain men, I doubt it would make much sense for the sequel to have only one. Perhaps they could say that the surviving one had cousins, whom he goes to to get help to get revenge on the people who killed his brothers?

Since this movie, Eliza has starred in the series 'Tru Calling.' Check it out, it's really cool.

botankus
Dare I ask?
What are #1 and #2?

sorcerer4u
My top 10 horror movies:

1. Aliens
2. The Thing
3. Wrong Turn
4. Jeepers Creepers 1
5. Alien vs Predator
6. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake)
7. Dead End
8. The Shining
9. Sleepy Hollow
10. The Ring

sorcerer4u
U're welcome! I also didn't know about that post-credits scene but I read a review and there it was described. smile

I think that a sequl should stay away from the woods. We did see a lot of action into the woods (day/night) and I think it's enough. What about a road horror adventure or something? I guess that a kind of mountain men invasion should work....

As for Elisha I heard about those series but I didn't have a chance to see them.

chilled monkey
A road horror sounds like a good idea. It would add a new element and keep things interesting.

Cinemaddiction
Road horror is nothing new. It was done in both "Duel" and "Jeepers Creepers".

sorcerer4u
You're right Cinemaddiction - but I guess this kind of sequel should do well when it's about Wrong Turn. I can't find a better ideea for a sequel...

chilled monkey
Cinemaddiction: I didn't mean that it was a completely new idea. I simply meant that it would be a new scenario for the 'Wrong Turn' characters. Something that would fit the context, but wasn't done in the first movie.

papabeard
I really enjoyed wrong turn, a modern classic

Napalm
How about hell no 2?

sorcerer4u
Napalm: what?

Cinemaddiction
Didn't only 2 survive?

That's an OVER-statement, IMO. Classics are inventive, this was just an amalgam of other flicks with the flavor of the week "actress".

sorcerer4u
Cinemaddiction: it's a modern classic allright!

Anyway... I found this Wrong Turn final numbers:

Production Budget: $12.6 million
Marketing Costs: 2$ million
USA gross: $15,418,790
world wide gross: $13,231,785

TOTAL GROSS: $28,650,575

That's great!!!! Everybody had enough money here... so this are 100% chances for a upcoming sequel!!!!

Wolfie
Why rely on those numbers though? That's the grossing for how many people see it, not how many people like it. Grossing can only tell you if it's good if you get your money back if you hated it. Since we don't get our money back, the box office only tells you if they made an effective trailer. wink

The Evil Dead, one of the greatest horrors to date:
Production Budget: $350,000
USA Gross: $2,400,000

The box office means nothing. The Evil Dead made less and cost less and no one can honestly say Wrong Turn is better.

eggmayo
And consider how many different Evil Dead DVD's there are... at least 6 of the trilogy.

Wolfie
I believe about 7 maybe.... I've seen three of the first, one of the second, three of the third.

sorcerer4u
Evil Dead, huh? Read the TOPIC first. I don't see nothing related with "Evil Dead" here!

SaTsuJiN
I didnt see deliverance or anything that pertains to the hillbilly savages prior to viewing wrong turn.. so I really enjoyed the first one.. and I dont think theres any story worth telling to make a 2nd one

Resident_Alice
Wrong turn was one of the best movies. But it would be really weird making a second movie.

Wolfie
I watched Wrong Turn again last night. I found myself to enjoy it a little better, mostly just laughing at it (conveniently finding a lookout tower, complete with first aid kit, not to mention the beginning scene). The barbed wire to the girl's mouth was okay, the only decent death in the movie though.

Wendigo
Wrong turn was sick number 2 could be good as well

deathbycorn

devilsreject304
Great, ide love to see a sequel! Loved the original!

K.Diddy
Originally posted by slayer

If they can find a decent story it may be worth it.smile

Congrats C-Disk!!

ladygrim
they can curse us with ne more crap like this please

deathbycorn
Wrong Turn was awesome, what are you on?
The make-up Stan Winston did on the mountain men was amazing...

devilsreject304
Yeah you are correct. I hope the sequel is just as good, or better than the original.

ladygrim
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Wrong Turn was awesome, what are you on?
The make-up Stan Winston did on the mountain men was amazing... roll eyes (sarcastic)

FG725
twas okay i mean wasnt amazing but it was good it reminded soo much of deliverance

Wolfie
Wrong Turn was anything but awesome. Figures they can only get support with a straight-to-video sequel that will be even worse than the first.

Watch TCM, it's the same thing but 1000000X better

deathbycorn
Wrong Turn is one of my favourite movies. Awesome movie, imo.

cropsy_is_god
I think Wrong Turn was good movie. My only problem with a sequel to it is i fear it will have more than one sequel like Friday the 13th and usually when that happens the storylines get awful. But a second one would be cool.

ladygrim
n roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) the sequel shouldnt be allowed spare us pllleeeeaaase

deathbycorn
Spare us you're spelling mistakes...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.