Episodes 7-9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedimaster3838
I know we are all speculatiing about the next two episodes, but what about the last three, 7 8 and 9. What the heck happens? I have always wondered what Lucas had in mind. If the Star Wars story is basically about Anakin Skywalker what can happen when he is dead. Are any of the books even close. I think the closest would be the New Jedi Order trilogy, 20 or so years after Endor, and deals mostly with the New Jedi (Leia and Han's kids) who happen to be Skywalkers and a new threat to the galaxy. Or does Lucas have something completely different in mind. I know he will never make the movies or let them be made, but could he at least write some novels telling the story, it kills me not knowing. Any of you guys have some ideas what happens?

Dim
I think that's one of those things we'll only find out when they go through his personal belongings when he dies (a very old man I hope)...I think for most people the EU is what *really* happens to the Luke, Leia, Han and co. down the road.

Ratcat
On you comments regarding the New Jedi Order, rememebr that everything that cam before that in the books has pretty much been the basis of where New Jedi Order starts out.

They all follow a pretty sustained continuity where events from the p[ast are incorporated into what is happening in their present.

King Jedi
I really hope that Lucas never makes Ep7,8,9. As it would never live up to expectations and just dissapoint people.

Ratcat
Nope, won't happen. He'd be too old. He's already said that so many times.

theEviljedi
KJ,epi.I thus far disapointed many.So why not have epi. IX?

Ratcat
EJ, I dont understand you question there, please clarify.

Dim
I think he's saying that he feels that Lucas owes him another movie because he didn't like TPM...

Ratcat
Like Lucas is lazy cos it takes 20 months to finish the movie.

Do you want to start another "Did TPM suck?" debate? It was a good movie, not the best Star wars movie ever but it was good.

The special effects, costumes, creatures, environments, etc were oputstanding. The story left a little to be desired in some areas but Lucas had to start at a pretty defined point if he was going to end up anywhere near tieing up to ANH by the time he gets to Ep-III.

He owes us nothing, we owe him just a little respect for even making the film. Don'tt be so ungrateful.

EJ, how many times have you seen TPM?

theEviljedi
Hey I love Epi.I it's just many did not.

Ratcat
Many don't like a lot of movies, does that mean the producers/directors have to amke another to make up for it. No, I don't think it does.

theEviljedi
I don't think so I'm just saying based on other fans.I don't like the idea of fans influencing Lucas for it should be his ideas.

Ratcat
Exactly, Lucas is making HIS VISION, not the fans. If the fans don't like it then tough. I mean it is he vision of his story how he thinks the fans will enjoy it.

I'm not saying he'll be bloody minded about it but all this "well you should have done this or that" is just mindless.

theEviljedi
I know what you mean.

Jedimaster3838
I think you guys missed the point I was trying to get across. I know that Lucas will NEVER make the last 3 EPs but I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on what happens. I was just hoping Lucas would let the world know what happens. He doesn't have to write a book or anything just say what the main plot would be. I know, I know, he will probably never do that, but what do you guys think happens? Will it deal with Luke and co. or other people or both, because I have no clue

Dim
Oh, that's hard to say...I do think that Lucas would have Leia marry Han..and found the New Republic...with Luke its harder to say...That's about all I can guess at...

Ratcat
Sorry J3838, it kinda got deviated when Ej decided the world owed him.

I remember reading an interview with Timothy Zhan a few years ago where he said that all major ploy points in his books had been personally appriced by George Lucas.

All SW writers have to submit their key points to GL, via his staff I guess, for approval to ensure they don't negativly impact his story lines. It's part of the writer/publisher contract.

tainted one
when authors write in the SW universe, they have pretty strict boundaries. i think GL has stated that they can only write within certain years and about certain things. this keeps him free from dealing with "loose ends" in the movies. and the movies don't really tie in very well with the books as far as story goes. they are more there to complement the movies (one of the jedi counsel members on the official site said that only the movies are considered "cannon" in the SW universe).
so here's the point of my thread:
a while back (i mean years ago) i heard a rummor that GL might sell his ideas for sequels to a young, up-coming director, to finish the SW project for him. at that time, GL mentioned someone like Ron Howard.

with this in mind, i found the following extremely interesting: before TPM was released, 60 minutes (a news program in the US) did an interview with GL about his movies. near the end of the broadcast, there is a scene with GL directing some of the action of TPM. then GL yells "cut" and the camera goes to GL. AND SITTING THERE RIGHT BESIDE LUCAS WAS THIS FUNNY LOOKING RED HEADED GUY WITH A BASEBALL HAT ON. since i taped the program, i watched that a few times and lo-and-behold, IT WAS RON HOWARD!!!!!

now you tell me why in the world would GL have Ron Howard sitting next to him while he directed TPM? as far as i know, Ron Howard had nothing to do with TPM so why was he there? very interesting.

my long-winded point here is that i think that even though he has said there won't be 7-9, i wouldn't be surprised if he gives it to Howard to finish.

Ratcat
Ron Howard and George Lucas are friends. I have seen other reports that he visit the TMP set on numberous occations, as Lucas did on the set of Apollo 13.

Dim
Yeah and we know that Copella has been to Australia to see George this time around...they all do that.

Darth Heinous
Maybe in episode 7,8, and 9 will be the restoration of the Republic. Perhaps the Sith will return to cause more destruction.

King Jedi
I hope Lucas writes a time-line of what happens, as for my ideas, I'll have to go and think about it. I've honestly never thought about what happens after ROTJ.

theEviljedi
I never said the world owes me.I loved TPM.

Dim
I've never thought about it either..

theEviljedi
RC did.

Xantos Clone
hmm...what about an ongoing television series...

I mean it seams like we are entering a new era of TV....there are alot more quality shows on these days and I think that movie makers will start to make an effort to do this...

TV is not what is used to be..we pay for all of it now. with home theaters increasing and the movie theater prices going up and up....it could happen...

James Cameron is starting to lean this way...

Gundark
Ratcat is correct. Lucas visited Spielberg on the set of "Close Encounters" just before he released ANH and Copolla has been around since the early days (THX113cool . Watch the second Indian Jones movie again and you'll see in the beginning that Jones goes into the "Club Obi Wan". These guys go that stuff all the time. I also (in a bittersweet sort of way) hope that George doesn't make 7,8 and 9. Fans have gotten overly critical of TPM and I think they would really pick 7,8 and 9 apart, especially after having gone so far into the future with the EU books. I guess the only good thing would be Luke, Han and Leia would have suffciently aged to make the storylines believeable. Thats about all I have to say about that.

Jedimaster3838
I would love Star Wars to continue, but I am not to sure about a tv show. What actors would they get to play these rolls? What time period would the show take place in? It may sound "kiddish" but what about an animated series. That way they could use Luke, Han, Leia, and co. and just explains what happens after the OT. It wouldn't have to be a cartoon(you know, just for kids) but a well drawn and thought out serious, like the Simpons(hardly a kids show). I know it won't happen, Lucas just isn't the type, but I would never miss an episode.

King Jedi
If they ever made a T.V show it shouldn't have any main characters but instead tell stories from the galaxy along the Ep1 to Ep6 time-line. We could have stories about bountyhunters, Jedi, Clone wars and anything else. It would keep the Star Wars franchise going and not have any effect on the films.

Dim
Yeah, similar to the Ewok adventures...

Great Master Brit Hunt
The Ewok adventures rocked!!!!!!!!!!

xyz jedi
789 exist!

ep 7: the fallen hero: all about darth and dark jedi making his n lukes clones. darth is the fallen her
ep 8: the republic in crisis: basically a new republic came after the empire. the dark jedi and mandalorians (new bad guys) destroy the republic.
ep 9: victory of the force: luke (head o jedi council) and ben skywalker (son) and anikn solo (leia son) and leia and mara (luke wife) fight the dark jedi and mandalorians in a massive battle to bring balance to force.

xyz jedi
789 exist! 30 years after rotj

ep 7: the fallen hero: all about darth and dark jedi making his n lukes clones. darth is the fallen her
ep 8: the republic in crisis: basically a new republic came after the empire. the dark jedi and mandalorians (new bad guys) destroy the republic.
ep 9: victory of the force: luke (head o jedi council) and ben skywalker (son) and anikn solo (leia son) and leia and mara (luke wife) fight the dark jedi and mandalorians in a massive battle to bring balance to force.

terd40
ok, im not sure if this is right but a long time ago i heard what happens after episode 6, im not sure if its correct or from a book or something but this is how i heard it goes.

luke takes control of the remaining emperial fleet and commands his own star destroyer. from there the rebels alliance tries to build the new republic back on the remains of a war torn courasant. upon arival to courasant luke finds inteligence of what the emporers intentions were somewhere (jedi temple, chancelors quarters, senate records...?) that sidious actually organized the cloners to make a hundred or so clones of himself that are in hybernation. during vaders triumph over sidious when he threw him into the reactor and the blue smoke arose that was sidious's soul leaving that body and transfering into one of the clones.
luke upon learning of this travels to kamino or where ever the clones are and confronts the sith lord upon which learning of the impressive powers of the dark side and almost turns himself to become sith. but in a climactic battle he finally destroys the sith lord and the clones to preserve the new republic

let me know what you think and if this is fan fiction or if someone deserves credit

gandrake
XYZ jedi. Where did you get that iformation. I'm not trying to get you mad or anything. I'm just wondering. cool

Ushgarak
Incorrect information. Also dealt with heavily in threads in the EU area. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.