Reset - Simple plans old band

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Has anyone heard pf this band? the guys from Simple Plan forms a group called Reset. the band kinda fell apart when Chuck quit because Pierre kept pissing him off!

Ronny
havent heard of it stick out tongue but if it was the first band how come they started up again

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I dont know! David used to be the lead singer! stick out tongue

Ronny
Woah! that rocks eek! did they have any cds out? stick out tongue

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I dont think so but I watched a video and David was sooo hott!

Ronny
oh my god eek! how long ago???

Darth Revan
Have you lost your memory core, dear Ronny? confused

Tptmanno1
INTERVENTION!

Tie her up and make her listen to Tool and RATM for hours straight!

MornGlory
i thought David joined the group about 3 yrs ago.. he is one of the new members and the other guys all knew each other since they were like 13 or 14

SlipknoT
They probably suck just like Simple Plan, and this could have gone into the SImple Plan thread. Only good bands deserve numerouse threads.

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
I thought that Pierre quit, then they recruited David to be lead singer and do bass. That's why they added David to Simple Plan, Pierre was the bass player, but he just wanted to sing and get close to the crowd, so they hired David. They released one cd, I believe it was called 'No Limits' I heard clips of the songs, and it sounded pretty cool. It sounded SO different, yet you could tell it was them. I thought it was so awesome.

SlipknoT
Was it different than Simple Plan? By that I mean good?

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
REset had everyone except David, then when Pierre left...David joined. It wasn't that different, but it was still good in my opinion. You probably wouldn't think so since you don't like Simple Plan's music. But that's fine.

MornGlory
have you heard their music?? it was probably the same stuff

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
I have heard it before, it sounds different somehow. Their music sounds 'immature' because they are so young when they made it. They're like teenagers!!! Craziness...

SlipknoT
amazing how nothing has changed

MornGlory
even though Simple Plan is my age = they still sound immature - i mean the lead singer is 25 - i am 25 - they arent grown up - im pretty immature... so are they

Ronny
no confused i can like simple plan...

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
damn right you can!

SlipknoT
But how can you go from the orgasmic sounds of Rage Against the Machine to the shitfest that is Simple Plan.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
blink anyone can have their own opinion!

Ronny
totally stick out tongue its not like im listening to britney spears messed or hilary duff or anything

Ronny
because i dont want hard core 24/7

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
yes

Darth Revan
Yes, you can, I only thought that you had posted earlier about hating them... confused Oh well, I suppose I'm the one who needs my memory core checked geek

tabby999
i dunno, i think that the guys from simple plan stuff their shirts to look like they have boobs then are britney spears and hillary duff and lindsay lohan and ashlee simpson at night. it's plausable, they all are talented enough for the job

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Where do you come up with some of the things you type? Some of them are so idiotic it isn't even funny. Some of you might think it's funny...but it's stupid. Sorry to burst your huge, egotistical bubble. Like I said before, this is a Reset thread, different from Simple Plan. If you want to insult Simple Plan do it in their thread, not Reset's or some other thread where no of us will care.

I saw a picture of Chuck, Jeff, Pierre and Seb when they were in Reset and Jeff had hair...lmao. It looks so funny! It isn't super long hair, but it's hair. I'll try to post the pic.

Reckoning
Reset had one great album, No Worries. The lineup changed and it all fell apart. No Worries was a fast paced, left-wing political album with great vocals and great guitar riffs. No Limits was the follow up and I couldn't believe the difference.

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Really? I didn't know about the No Worries one...I am definitely gonna look it up and see if I can buy it. Thanks for the info...greatly appreciated!

Reckoning
If you're expecting pop-punk, songs about girls stuff, then this album won't be for you.

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Pop-punk is fine...it's jst straight pop totally makes me wanna gag on a wooden spoon and fall into a mountain full of molten lava. It's really fake sounding to me and totally cuts down the 'music' aspect of songs. They don't appreciate the instruments used in it and base their music upon the singer and an image as a whole. It's how the world is today though.

tabby999
you dont have to worry about bursting my huge egotistical bubble, its practicly imposible to, seing as its not there.

also "Pop-punk is fine...it's jst straight pop totally makes me wanna gag on a wooden spoon and fall into a mountain full of molten lava. It's really fake sounding to me and totally cuts down the 'music' aspect of songs. They don't appreciate the instruments used in it and base their music upon the singer and an image as a whole. It's how the world is today though"

i completly agree with you there. thats why i hate simple plan. i'll not post in here again (well about simple plan, despite the band your talking of comprising of from what i can tell, all the members of simple plan) unless i see something worth replying to

SlipknoT
So then why do you listen to Simple Plan?

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Simple Plan is not straight pop. Straight pop is stuff like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Hilary Duff, Justin Timberlake, N'sync, Backstreet Boys, 98 degrees, Jesse McCartney, and all those singer people. All of which do NOT play instruments. All they do is sing. At least the guys in Simple Plan play instruments and don't sound like N'sync. I've got one for you, Avril Lavigne...punk rock or not? I don't think she's punk rock at all...well maybe the tiniest little microscopic bit...but that's it.

Afro Cheese
I've never heard their music but they were probably better than today's Simple Plan. Usually mainstream bands sound better before record companies get their hands on them. I heard old Good Charlotte once and it is actually better than today's Good Charlotte.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I heard some of resets songs and I still think that Simple Plan sounds better

Samas-adian
Wasn't Reset BEFORE Simple Plan?

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Yes, it was. Usually that's what 'Simple Plan's OLD band' means.

Caribbean_Chick
yea i hate pop.. the lyrics are always about dancing, sex or something stupid like that(not that other bands dont write about sex and such)and they dont appreciate the music behind it which pisses me off.. like these people are gettingso much credit for what they do.. but all they do is sing which alot of people are born with

I dont think Simple Plan is pop at all.. but definitely pop-punk.. alot of pop artists dont write their own music and do basically nothing but Simple Plan does everything themselves

I really want to hear Reset.. it sounds like it's really cool!!!!

SimplePlanROCKS
The only members from Simple Plan that were in Reset were Pierre,David and Chuck..The rest of the band was not in it.And Chuck quit Reset because as Pierre says it he kept beating Chuck up.

Sex_kitten
I love Christina Aguilera. And I love her singing too! embarrasment

Simple plan plays instruments? Yeah, the same freakin' three chords. But hey, s'all ok. I use to think that Duran Duran and NKOTB made good music.

Actually, I still like Duran Duran. confused

Canada_Princess
Does anyone no where Pierre lives???

Alpha Centauri
"Simple Plan is not straight pop. Straight pop is stuff like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Hilary Duff, Justin Timberlake, N'sync, Backstreet Boys, 98 degrees, Jesse McCartney, and all those singer people. All of which do NOT play instruments."

Busted had instruments.

Nuff said.

-AC

Canada_Princess
Does any one no where Pierre lives like wat state or contry or watever

Alpha Centauri
Heaven forbid you actually talk about music for once.

-AC

StinkFist462
like oh mwah gawd , im gonna go find his address and go in his house and kiss him on the lips !!! no expression

xmonkeyx
In my opinion, Reset was pretty better than Simple Plan. They rock!!! But Pierre, David and Chuck always wanted to become famous and with the music the used to play they never could become famous. That's why they play the music they play today. They are reallly good musicians and deserve our respect.. well that's what I think. Everyone has his own opinion.. But yea, I Love reset! heh

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ya I'm actually watching some old reset videos and David is the lead singer..I didn't know that but anyways they sound pretty good I like them

I_wuv_zebra_boy
so what are Resets albums called? Ive picked up No Limits and No Worries but was there any more??

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I don't know actually embarrasment

Emma718
Reset was pretty cool, but glad he is in simpleplan now...

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
same here...Reset is cool tho they have really good lyrics

Alpha Centauri
"But Pierre, David and Chuck always wanted to become famous and with the music the used to play they never could become famous. That's why they play the music they play today. They are reallly good musicians and deserve our respect.. "

Hahahahahahaha.

See, they don't give a shit about the music. They just want fame, so they sold out and became a record company band who play Pop music.

They deserve no respect.

-AC

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
thats probably not true..but oh well

Alpha Centauri
Why is it probably not true?

Coz you've seen them on TV and they told you it wasn't?

Exactly. Shhh.

-AC

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
don't tell me to ****ing shh I have the right to say whatever I damn well please thank-you very much...obviously they wanted to get big who doesn't...they want as many people as they can to like their music. they quit reset cuz it was probably going no where and thats why people quit bands. so they started Simple plan and it was a success...enough said

Alpha Centauri
Exactly. Their SOLE purpose was to be famous and get money at any cost, they don't give a shit about the music therefore they automatically suck. There is no debating that point.

Oh and shhhhh. Enough said. Don't debate me on this, you WILL lose.

"obviously they wanted to get big who doesn't...they want as many people as they can to like their music. they quit reset cuz it was probably going no where and thats why people quit bands. so they started Simple plan and it was a success...enough said"

If you're in a band and you are playing/creating music for the sole purpose of getting signed to a record label for money and fame, you know what you should do?

Shoot yourself and stop filling the planet with your filthy, no talent garbage. Stop abusing the greatest artform in the world and rid us of your rotten, stinking, corporate shells.

Either that or have the decency to admit that you're a disgraceful sellout.

-AC

barbarossa
Simple Plan is shit-pop whether or not you like it, Simply reposting disagreement to the fact that it is pop is not going to change anything.

Avril is not even microscopically punk. Do not suggest she is. euro

Silver Stardust
This post deserves a round of applause.

And FYI, many bands do NOT make music for the sole purpose of being famous. If you had any clue you'd know that very very few bands ever become big. The majority of bands make music because they like to make music.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
anyways back to reset..

my favourite songs are

United we stand tall
my dream and I
Let me go
pollution

Alpha Centauri
Yeah that's right.

I'm Alpha Centauri. Know my name and tremble.

-AC

barbarossa
Ah yes, the lovable sign of retreat known as the "Change of topic". euro

splanrocks
Originally posted by SiMpLePlAnLvR82
I saw a picture of Chuck, Jeff, Pierre and Seb when they were in Reset and Jeff had hair...lmao. It looks so funny! It isn't super long hair, but it's hair. I'll try to post the pic.

no the one with seb, jeff, chuck and pierre is called canadian plan. reset was only david who came in and out, pierre and chuck. seb and jeff only came in canadian plan. then later it was simple plan when david join them because they felt like they needed a bassist. then it was officially called simple plan. in reset it was another sebastien.

tabby999
well i dont think i'm needed here, you guys have it under control. i'll go back to the secret hiding spot and tell Slipknot we're not needed on this one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.