Lordof the rings the trilogy: Extended or original

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

)-(&C]{£R

Cinemaddiction
4 disc sets compared to 2 discs, on average, 45 minutes of extra footage for each movie, director commentaries which are key, and a ton of special features.

Get them used, if you can.

Darth_Big_Boy
Extended > 2 disc version hands down!

thegreatrudini
extended versions all the way

forumcrew
extended edition hands down

SlipknoT
Extended edition by far.

Mane
^^ What they all said. thumb up

The Ones
ive got the extended trilogy and it RULES!!!

Imperial_Samura
Yes, once you go extended edition, you never go back. Great special features, all those cut scenes, brings the actual movie to roughly 4 hours. I got it, and consider it great value and quality.

The Ones
it took me 12 hours to watch the LOTR extended trilogy as 1. the annoying thing is is that each movie is split up into 2 disks/parts. thats the only reason im giving it 9/10 instead of 10/10

SlipknoT
I plan to watch all 3 tommorow

Jackie Malfoy
I am almost afriad to watch this dvd or buy it.Being that the movies were such a disapointment to me.JM

SlipknoT
no expression you've gotta be kidding

rohanspear543
Extended you get a basically 4 hour movie and you get like 10 hours of documentary and special features.

Imperial_Samura
Yes, quality production, quality product, a good addition to any collection. I would say "a must have", but I wont. Well actually I just did, but eh.

bloominlove
I also have the EE well... only for FotR, RotK but i think its GREAT!!

Solo
Your a moron. Are you trying to act independent?

Mane
All of mine were purchased new at about $25 each. Not too bad considering they're being sold for $50 in some stores.

Cinemaddiction
Hollywood Video is trying to pawn them off at @ $40, which they will never sell. I got FOTR, and ROTK for $22, and TTT for $25, all about 3 weeks ago when they had them on sale at Best Buy.

Fire
extended versions are definatly better

Mane
Holy crap $40? I'd never pay that much. In fact, 90% of the time I wouldn't pay that much for ANY dvd. Unless it was seasons of a tv show. But yeah $22 isn't bad at all.

yerssot
I felt that every LOTR movie was too long, boring and repetative; I fell asleep when I saw it again on DVD; BUT there is only one way to see ROTK and fully enjoy it: the EE!

It's an absolute must that you see the EE of this

ladygrim
im yet to get ne of EE so im stuck with the normal edtions of all 3 ...

Machete_Guy
May aswell spend the few more dollars. (or pounds in your case)
You pay for what you get.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.