The speed of Zombies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Napalm
Witch rate of speed do you think is best for zombies?

T.M
slow most defiantly them being fast is just stupid IMO

hh?
slow physically.
slow mentally.

Napalm
Yes I agree with you guys

Cinemaddiction
Both are rather cliche, now. Fast is the new slow. How about speedwalking zombies? thumb up

Watch, Romero's going to have speedwalkers in "Land of the Dead", pumping their arms, wearing wrist and ankle weights.

Mark my words.

Napalm
Thou I rather deal with slow zombies that fast ones

eggmayo
Oh yeah, if they were after you, you want them slow.

moviejunkie23
i don't know it kinda depends what the writer and director feel are best for the movie. I think traditional slow can be good and i think some of the more recent films wich the zombies can run are good as well. I don't think that one has to be better than the other

SlipknoT
I'd be more scared of a zombie running full speed at me, ready to rip apart my abdomen, as aposed to a once human slug that I could just walk away from.

eggmayo
Yeah. Slow ones, you could get a clean headshot before they got close.

dean7879
slow is the way to go

SlipknoT
no, no, no.

BackFire
I prefer slow ones, they're more believable.

Napalm
Yeah, If there already dead they would be stiff from riger mortis or something

Mane
They don't have the mental capacity to run full speed. Slow.

Napalm
Intellegence isnt requierd for running

eggmayo
Its probably required for not running into walla and lampposts though.

tabby999
i like both. it all depends on the movie. hey C-Dic, i'm with you, i want to see the zombie with leg warmers and sweat bands pounding the pavement.

slayer
Lol Tabs,

Slow. Builds up the Suspence.

Thoma5
i prefer the slow 1...

Cowboyography
I like slow, But its because thats how Zombies were originally viewed (NOTLD). The fast Zombie was added to give directors more "JUMP OUT AND SAY BOO" Scenes in a movie. So really when you get down to it fast Zombies are a ploy, not to make the movie scarier as a whole, but rather to give the movie a higher number of scarier moments. I did enjoy the new Dawn and 28 days Later, however niether comes close to the experience of the the first time I viewed the original Dawn.

BlackC@t
I prefer the fast ones.

It seems more believable because in death there's no pain for them.

I don't really see what would make them slow.

MornGlory
what about in Shaun of the Dead -those Zombies are super slow

Wolfie
Slow and in large numbers.

Soth
I like 'em both, but the slower ones better reflect the nature of a zombie

papabeard
fast zombies are more formidabel, but i agree it depends on the film and the director,the story etc, both can be good if well executed(ahem!)

eggmayo
Well if you were a rotting corpse, and you're muscles were all decayed... you wouldn't run fast.

tabby999
depends i guess on the recency of death, if its a person who had just been killed, it makes sence they'd be faster, but if they were long time dead, they'd be all rotted and stuff

papabeard
BUT YOU COULD JUST DISPENSE WITH RELAITY, SEEING AS WEA RE TALKING ABOUT THE FICTIONAL WALKING DEAD RISEN FROM THE GRAVE, IF THATS POSSIBLE THEN SURELY ITS POSSIBLE THEY COULD BE FAST.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.