The last shot should be....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi-Knight 8k2
The Last Shot of Episode III before the credits roll up in my thought should be one of the following...

1. Ben walks into the desert on Tatooine as the twin suns set
2. Darth Vader,Sidious,Tarkin seeing the construction of the Death Star

NOTE: Please feel free to add your thoughts and ideas

12345m
i would like to see num 1 or num 2 thire the 2 how i'd emangen it to end

NoMeN
Insiders have already confirmed number 2 beein the right one.

12345m
if it is i can't wait to see it

vanyoda
Number 2, it would be great to see the Star Destroyer
bridge again.

PVS
every episode ends with the good guys.
its always the good guys...the end

Morridini
Number two would be much better if the construction of the Death Star was removed.

LandoSpeeder
Why are you so against the DS construction Morridini?

.:Space Opera:.
he doesnt like tie-ins.

i love them you see and it connects the old movies. i died when i saw the DS plans in ep2

Sith Master X
Episode 3 should end with with Ben walking into the twin sunset. That has more of and ending feel to it.

Morridini
I have actually explained this a couple of times in two other threads. But anyway. If we see the start of the Death Star in ROTS that would mean that the first DS would take about 20 years to be made. But during the time between ANH and ROTJ they managed to build an even larger and more powerful DS. This doesn't make sense. I know it's always easier to do something the second time, but an improvement on 16 years (give or take) is just too illogic, I just don't buy it. That's why I would hate seeing the DS in ROTS.

Jedi-Knight 8k2

Sith Master X
See, I think it's stupid things like that that people fuss over. No offense to anyone or you Morridini, but I think we just need to let that go. It's only a movie, not real life, and time doesn't really matter in SW. They live in an entire other universe. Different rules apply.

Morridini
Yeah I know all that SMX, but I just can't let it go. Dunno why.

wallalupp
you stupid norwegian bastard, oh i'm from norway too? vel dra meg baklengs inn i fuglekassa!

anyway
I think it could be explained like this, when the built the first DS they were inexperienced at building battlestations with enough power to destroy a planet, they had some problems, and some punk probabaly blew it up :P "aa Mr Vader, It was an accident" "well you gotta ask yourself, did I use the force once or did I use it, oh the unlimited force thing, right" "....*choke*..."

but when they got too it the second time they were much better and much faster

or maybe the second one was the real one, and the first was a decoy?

NoFate007
The Obi-Wan scene should be the end.

Stunrun
number 1 gets my votecool

ArthasKnight
I hate endings that include "going off into the sunset" or something like that, so I'd have to go with number 2 as well.

LandoSpeeder
I like the second one better. It seems like it would give more of a Star Wars feel to it.

NoFate007
I think thats why we need the second one. We need something that ends, not starts questions about the future episodes. If we see the Star Destroyer, we will all be still psyched up afterwards. If we see Kenobi, we will know that this is it.

Think about it...you've just watched the best Star Wars movie, and the last. You'll never watch a new one again...The galaxy is in peril...Darth Vader has been born...and every movie up to this one has ended with people gathered together (Episode I - parade, Episode II - a marriage, Episode IV - Celebration, Episode V - feeling of safety and love, Episode VI - Celebration)...and it ends with a solitary man, the soon to be last of his kind (save for Yoda), walking off with his hood up in despair into one of the first Star Wars creations, the double-sun, not knowing what to do next...

Now tell me that's not better than to see a bunch of people punching buttons on the star destroyer's controls.

Jedi Priestess
First one. And nothing about the ending has been confirmed by anyone, insider or not.

forumcrew
maybe they had more resistance (the empire that is) so it took a while to build it because of fighting and resource issues by the time they rebuilt it they were already the dominant force

Red Superfly
I was hoping the last shot would be of Vader in action killing off Jedi. But that wouldn't really work because every Star Wars outro has to lead into the sort-of-happy ending music.

It seriously cannot end with someone evil in shot, the last shot WILL be of a good character. How else can it be done? How can you have the Star Wars jingle right after seeing Vader kill a load of Jedi or seeing the Death Star getting built?

The best possible ending would be Ben Kenobi walking off into the sunset after deliverring Luke.

BUT, just before that 'd go absolutely mental if we could see suited Vader leading the Stormtroopers into battle against the remaining Jedi.

Lotus2003
I would wish both scenes as ending...

Imagine, after Vader is born, he walks to Tarkin and the Emperor and they talk about their ultimative weapon...

Cut to the scene where Obi-Wan is giving Luke to Owen and Beru, cut to Bail who is on Alderaan with his wife and Leia. Vader, Tarkin and Palpatine continuing talking about their weapon, cut to scene where Obi-Wan walks into the desert (now it's only music like in the previous SW-movies), the three evil persons are shown, the camera shows their view out of the window, rises and shows the Death Star, which is going to the built...

Maybe instead of the normal SW final music at the credits, at this time the Imperial March. smile

That would be a nice end. It seems the galaxy would be lost, the future would be dark, but there is still hope... a new hope. wink

Bye
Lotus

darth eddie
Vader killing off jedi for the last shot is probably the best one to set the mood for the the last three movies. Instead of the usual music it should be really soft sad music that makes the audience think that there is no hope for the jedi.

Red Superfly
Well, I was suggesting the good character ending because I seriously doubt they would break the mould of the last five movies by having anything other than the happy Star Wars jingle at the end.Obi-Wan leaving Luke and walking off into the two suns in the horizon would be brilliant imo. After all, the next chapter will be called "A New Hope" so it would be fitting for Episode III to end with a slight inspiration of hope. Also, ending Episode III with the Star Wars jingle would help lead into the next Episode, where that same jingle is the main theme in general.
OK, here's my idea:

*Padme dies, Vader is born, Yoda hides, twins get split up etc etc etc.*

*Emperor music starts up*

*Cue The Emperor on board a Star Destroyer stood with Tarkin overseeing his Empire beginning work on the Death Star. We hear The Emperor talking about his latest apprentice and how that the Rebellion will have NO HOPE with Vader on their side. We hear him cackling as the camera does a slow camera wipe*

*Imperial March starts as Emperor music ends*

*Camera wipe opens and we see an upclose shot of Vader, the camera pans out and we see him angrily breathing, marching with Stormtroopers as they barrage a small group of ten Jedi with laser fire. Vader cuts down three Jedi with ease himself. He duels shortly with the remaining Jedi as the Stormtroopers halt fire. Imperial March theme reaches it's dramatic climax - kinda like when Han is frozen in ESB. Vader overpowers a saber clash and grabs the Jedi by the throat. The camera zooms in on Vaders mask as the camera wipes out*

*Cue ending scene with Obi-Wan and Luke on Tatooine - leads into main credits*
With that ending, it will seem as though its all doom and gloom, but with a tiny, tiny glimpse of hope.

LandoSpeeder
I think on the first DS they were building it in secrecy so it took them longer to build the first one. The second DS was built when the empire had complete control of the Galaxy. And also we don't know when the first DS was finished it just shows up in ANH complete. It could have been finished for a couple years. We really don't know but I think that would be the case.

Xam
i did not read any further but i have to reply to this,i mean come on you got a point for sure,but lets say no one knew about the death star until episode 4,that it took the same amount of time to build the first than the second!!!it hasent been said in the OT that the DS took 20 years to build!!!it ws just "opperational" in episode 4 thats all maybe took a year to build,who knows!!!AND LIKE I TOLD YOU B4 MORRIDINI,BUILDING SOMETHING A SECOND TIME IS WAY FASTER!

Red Superfly
Wasn't Alderaan the first thing the Death Star ever blew up? That would mean it truly would have taken 20 years to build.

ReallyBad
Have you thought they may be building 2 at a time - the second one being the bigger obviously takes longer to finish.

maybe they built it in secret

Red Superfly
Yeah, maybe the secret surprise to Episode III is that two Death Stars were in production - unlikely? yes. Stupid? yes..............

jedijunky1138
this is the most likely scenario in my book.

shadow225588
If the first death star took 20 years how did they build the second one in 4 years?

lucasfilm
either way... it would be cool but it would be better with the deathstar construction because earlier there was that conference nad whats his name gave dooku the plans... and the first was htought of by fans like 4 years ago soo... yeah

LandoSpeeder
You haven't read anything in this thread have you.

Sith Master X
It's best to just let stupid things like "how long it takes to complete a death star" go, and just enjoy the movie for what it's worth. wink

Boris
A shot of Vader just after he has finished massacring some Jedi, I'd like that alot evil face

...or him standing on a huge pile of dead jedis with his red saber drawn and with wind and smoke effects.

Red Superfly
Top of my list for "Episode III: Most Wanted Scenes" is definitely a shot of Darth Vader, red saber ignited SOMEWHERE in the movie.

Walking, fighting, stood still I don't care, but I really think it's important we see Vader spark his new saber up for the very first time.

DenKi
Well he did do that In the 19th Episode of Clone Wars.

do you mean suited vader or chipper one?

Red Superfly
I meant Vader Vader, fully suited mech man of megalomania!

Suited Vader, firing up his red saber. Coolest thing ever.

KHHHHHH CHHHHHH KHHHHH CHHHHH KHHHHHH CHHHH

(....vader breathing)

BFFHHZZZZZZZZ

(...lightsaber...errr.....erecting.)

YAAAARGH!

(Jedi dying.)

bmw2002
Vader quietly contemplating his actions when he "hears" the sound of Luke crying out..."Father....why?" Then his mechanical breathing suddenly pauses. End Shot.

Red Superfly
What the f**k?

bmw2002
Red Superfly

Sorry...it's supposed to represent Vader getting a glimpse of the future because of his actions. Foreshadowing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.