Your favorite Superman incarnation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DirectorFitz
I'll start...

The best Incarnation I've seen is Alex Ross' Superman. He captures the right image of Superman. Superman isn't ripped to the max...he just has a hefty build, and he appears to be over human, when dressed as Superman, and he blends in perfectly with humans dressed as Clark Kent.

baddspellahl4
duh superman prime.

Indy_Knight
Chris Reeve is the perfect Superman. Any other actor taking on the role are always compared to Reeve.

goku-vs-superma
i love superman 1,000,000!!! he rocks! he has powers from th 5th dimension and other stuff!!!! the fact that he looks cool doesn't hurt either!

pr1983
ross or reeve... both quality...

harnelo
ross or jurgens

Hegemon875
precrisis superman prime, the original hero.

eleveninches
Prime. He's the BEST

pr1983
i love the way jim lee draws superman... he does a really good job of making superman look powewrful without having massive muscles...

eleveninches
Already a thread for this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t314547.html

Ironman
would eradicator count if not i am sorry then id have to say kc supes

riv6672
Byrne era Superman.
Brought Superman back after Crisis with new life and boundless energy.
Byrne's strength as a writer is taking previously established ideas, and tweaking/spinning/modernizing them.
He had almost 50 years of materisl to work with in Superman.
Things like Clark having been a HS football star, not being a nerd, his parents being alive, Lex as a conniving businessman, Kryptonians as truely alien in their outlook...the list goes on.
Thats not even getting into the more "realistic" power set and the fresh takes on rogues other than Lex and giving personalities to his supporting cast that stood out against each other and helped drive stories.
Pure genius.

Star428
I agree with riv that the Byrne era Superman was the best. At least, he was to me. He wasn't massively overpowered but he was still the top dog in DC and the stories of that era were much better than the ones nowadays or even ones a decade ago. I also love the animated series (including Justice League and JLU) and Smallville.

Mindship
Costume: MOS / Dcnu Superman. Oh Lordy I luv that armor-looking, no-undies design.

Writing: Byrne / Animated series Superman.

Artist: Michael Turner (RIP).

riv6672
Honestly, i really like the movie and comics body stocking look. It's really streamlined.

Speaking of Byrne, he had a habit of trashing Supes' cape. The red undoes design looked good without a cape, and the low neckline.

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
Honestly, i really like the movie and comics body stocking look. It's really streamlined.

Speaking of Byrne, he had a habit of trashing Supes' cape. The red undoes design looked good without a cape, and the low neckline. That's when his costume most resembles the ol' circus performer look, likely what it was modeled after.

riv6672
YES! Exactly! thumb up smile

SSJGGogeta
Does Superboy Prime count? Or Superman Prime, later on? He's my favorite. A psychotic, sadistic, hero-killing maniac version of Superman? Duh, he's the best.

riv6672
Awfully telling choices. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.