Should Emma Frost Stay With Cyclops?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I know I'm a minority in this manner, but I truly believe that Emma and Scott make a dynamic couple and that they should stay together in the long haul. If anyone disagrees, speak up.

Paola
I like them together

Shadow_King
i always thought cyclops and jean grey made a good couple.

pr1983
bi*chy emma goes with new and shitter cyclops...

classic cyke should be with jean or betsy...

Nathaniel Grey
I despise the Emma Frost and Scott Summers union with every fiber of my being. I personally believe that Cyclops doesn't deserve any happiness in his existence considering all of the F*cked up things he's done over the years. He betrayed the woman he married and son he had for a corpse ( Jean Grey ). He's flirted with Psylocke on multiple occasions and has succumbed easily to her wiles. And his final offense was kissing Emma Frost on Jean's GRAVE. The man just needs to die.

pr1983
wow, talk about one sided...

Draco69
I have to agree that Scott Summers is a bit of a prick. Leaving his pregnant wife Maddie, then flirting with Betsy Braddock, then having an affair with Emma Frost (though in all fairness Jean was having one with Logan). Scott is not good relationship material.

Shadow_King
what you talking aboot??

pr1983
thats pretty harsh...

he's had his heartbroken three times (watching the woman he loves die), each heartbreak worse than the last. he had to give up his only son...

and was he ever given the proper time to grieve? no, because he had to lead the x-men. every time he tries to get away something happens to stop him.

Draco69
(sniffling back tears) Yeah you're right pr1983, Scott does have a tough life and should be allowed some slack.

Wolflet
emma and scott = N.O.

Shadow_King
good answer aqua.

Nathaniel Grey
Cyclops and Emma don't belong together period. As many faults as Scott Summers has he should at least have been given time to sort out his issues without turning to someone who doesn't have any of his best interests at heart. Frost is a self centered whore, yes I said it, who needs to crew up with someone else like Gambit.

Shadow_King
lol

and plus they would make horrible kids if they got married.

ash23
Scott should just go away, and leave Jean free to get with Wolverine if she ever comes back

and what's wrong with Gambit? he and Rouge are one of the best couples

Shadow_King
well cyclops and jean were so made for each other..... i think wolverine should leave jean alone and let her live in peace with cyclops.

pr1983
nathaniel is right though, imo emma is such a bi*ch sometimes... the only reason she hasn't been f*cked out on her ear is that she's with cyclops.

i think that even if jean went with logan it wouldnt work. i don't think logan has thought about what he'd do after he got jean. they'll break up eventually and she'll go back to scott...

Shadow_King
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Draco69
Personally, I'm very bored with Cyclops' relationship with Jean. Scott has never really gotten away from the mold of the leader of the X-Men and Jean Grey's wife. Every significant event in his life, in someway involves Jean Grey. The Phoenix Saga, The Inferno event, a gaggle of genetically cloned children. Scott had no personality to speak of. Everything was Jean and Scott. With Emma, He can reevalute himself and breakout of the mold. He's out of Jean's Shadow.

pr1983
i see where your going draco and i think your right, scott needs to have some time as cyclops, not jeans husband...

Wolflet
isnt wolverine made for deathstrike?

pr1983
only before she was a cyborg

Wolflet
wut about sabertooth?

ScarletSpider
Keep them together as long as it's feasible and it works. This could be 2 more issues, or the next 20 years. It's something new, and interesting. It's invoking ardent responses and discussion, unlike the heap of steaming bile that had become Scott and Jean's relationship. Oh, they're having another tiff, boo-hoo. It's something new, it works and it's fun. Or we could do the Phoenix saga again, or dick around with Apoc or Mags some more, or how about some more Hellfire club? (no thanks Claremont, old bean)

I'm just glad something new has been stirred into the pot.

pr1983
what do u mean wolfet?

ScarletSpider
I think she wants to see some hot barbaric action between Sabes and Wolvie.

pr1983
laughing

well, it would make things interesting...

Wolflet
well wolverine and sabertooth do look like a good couple..angel

pr1983
yes, i can see it now, omfg... What the f**k?

ash23
but Jeans a telepath so don't you think she should be with someone with strong feelings like Wolverine, not Cyclopes who is kind of detached

Shadow_King
WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD I DONT BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT CYCLOPS HAS TONS OF FEELINGS FOR CYCLOPS!!!!! I AM SO SHOCKED YOU SAID THAT ASH.... i hope pr doesnt see that he would go ballistic.... i think.

ScarletSpider
I think Cyke and Emma should stay together because they make a bad couple. They're just not right, which will help to drive several interesting stories.

pr, great sig. Once in awhile it comes up that Cyclops is a fairly powerful mutant, but then you think "that dude can only shoot stuff out of his eyes, WEAK". However, that sig really shows his potential, effin' a.

ash23
calm down, that's just my opinion, i've never liked Cyclops much, he us to straight laced

pr1983
ash, the reason jean and other telepaths are attracted to scott is simple. he hides his feelings so well that a normal woman would never see them. a telepath can bypass that and they hear the words in his mind that never come out of his mouth. he has strong feelings, he just hides them so well. only a telepath can really see whats inside him.

and scarlet thx, its from the onslaught saga, i never thought they'd actually show cyclops' full power, i was so suprised and happy when they did.

ash23
okay good point, but i still don't like him

pr1983
most people don't, i won't hold it against you big grin

ash23
good, good

Mana4X2
NO to Cyclops & Emma being together. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! It's just not right. Besides, do any of you truly believe she has really turned good? I don't.

Cheers,
Mana

pr1983
cyclops'll be cool before she's a good girl...

blaise
Originally posted by Mana4X2
NO to Cyclops & Emma being together. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! It's just not right. Besides, do any of you truly believe she has really turned good? I don't.

Cheers,
Mana

heheh i agree....though it is kinda interesting seeing this 4 trangle thing go on.....i dont think emma has really turned good and if she has shes styll selfish. I do hope jean can kick her ass again...it so entertains me....

i liked when she kicked emmas ass in the phenox saga that was nice stick out tongue

and cyclops and jean are meant to be ......yupsmileHappy Dance

sure they can have there space rite now.....but i hope he doesn't marry emma ....that'd be preety sad.

ayjay
i think jean should be with emma...oh..wait...wrong thread...>_<

i like emma with scott....although...jean and scott will always be the couple that is a couple even when they not a couple ^_^

Creshosk
Originally posted by Wolflet
well wolverine and sabertooth do look like a good couple..angel What the f**k?

9793 Wolverine and Sabertooth
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/earthwolvtoothfriends1.jpg

wannabe
Interesting how a woman who is sexually offensive and knows what she wants without succumbing to a hypocritical attitude towards sex is instantly labeled as a bi*ch or whore.

I think Emma and Scott make up a great couple! yes
Scott and Jean were sooo fifties/sixties...the strong, capable, emotion suppressing (and thus manly) Leader and his beautiful, yet decent, slightly motherly and supporting wife... sick

Emma is a strong leader herself, is not affraid to argue with Scott AND stand her ground, truely loves him and, most important, is loved in return by a Scott who doesn't feel the need to be affraid of sharing his emotions and desires with her!

Whether you like it or not, it sounds like a really MATURE RELATIONSHIP, that doesn't follow the regular cliches.

Phoenix_Avatar9
I might get some heat for this but I actually LOVE Emma and Scott, they're genuinely in love, I mean he loves Jean, but he's in love with Emma

wannabe
Originally posted by Phoenix_Avatar9
I might get some heat for this but I actually LOVE Emma and Scott, they're genuinely in love, I mean he loves Jean, but he's in love with Emma

Surely no heat from me pal! big grin

crimsonphoenix
scott and emma is ok but jean and scott is classic. But its time 4 scott move on from jean.There marriage was falling apart, both of them new it and scott now seems to be happy 4 the time being.But who ever he marrys or dates we will never forget the love he shared with his 1st true love jean.

spiderboy5
everyone think about it i no scott and jean were a great couple but jean is actually the first one that cheated scott and had an affair with logan so i think that scott should deserve a chance to be with emma.

NO FLAMES PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeDiableBlanc90
Originally posted by wannabe
Interesting how a woman who is sexually offensive and knows what she wants without succumbing to a hypocritical attitude towards sex is instantly labeled as a bi*ch or whore.

Scott and Jean were sooo fifties/sixties...the strong, capable, emotion suppressing (and thus manly) Leader and his beautiful, yet decent, slightly motherly and supporting wife... sick

Emma is a strong leader herself, is not affraid to argue with Scott AND stand her ground, truely loves him and, most important, is loved in return by a Scott who doesn't feel the need to be affraid of sharing his emotions and desires with her!

Whether you like it or not, it sounds like a really MATURE RELATIONSHIP, that doesn't follow the regular cliches.

Dear God, I have never seen it as well explained or defended as that. Well done, good sir. I agree wholeheartedly and am happy that someone has the guts to stand up for Emma and argue a damn good
case. Nice point about the whore thing too....I think her sexual confidence enhances her appeal yes

munkiesarus
Well, I certaintly didn't expect this many Scott & Emma likers. Where are you guys in all those other "Jean vs Emma" threads? Sheesh.

But yes. Most definitely, I believe Emma is the best thing that's happened to Scott in a while, and he deserves it. A lot. As mentioned, Scott and Jean was the definitive relationship; destined to be together forever and ever. But that was so the past, for ScottandJean was one word, or at least Scott's name only came up in relation to Jean's.

Whatever the case, Emma Frost should stay with Cyclops. When Jean comes back (which is such a raving topic these days, even in the issues themselves), Emma and Scott should still stay together. It'll be awkward, and I don't want the first X-Marriage to become the first X-Divorce, that'd be stupid (considering, amongst other things, that we have such glorious plots these days) but Scott and Jean should not go back together.

At least not until they kill Emma eventually >_>

crimsonphoenix
i would like there to be a huge romance between jean and wolvie i mean not like a kiss here or there ,but tons of s**. Then scott ,emma,jean,and logan can all have a 3some. They dont call it the x-mansion for nothing if u know wut i mean.... lol

blaise
Originally posted by munkiesarus

It'll be awkward, and I don't want the first X-Marriage to become the first X-Divorce, that'd be stupid (considering, amongst other things, that we have such glorious plots these days) but Scott and Jean should not go back together.
At least not until they kill Emma eventually >_>

scott and emma are married ??

yes there is bond to be something going on if jean comes back(if she comes back) but serously shes suits scott better. You also can tell emma is insecure of jean whenever she show's up. She doesnt' even know who scott will choose in the end.
Emma is known as the bad girl that you want to taste but not want to wifey.(like how woverine was to jean) . Oh wait shes a reformed bad girl ..nevermind...a bad girl trying to be good now. How nice. and i don't think hes in love with her. He probably loves her right now but not in love with her. For heavens sake he hasn't been wit her that long to be in love wit her.
Though they are kinda amusing to watch because it's something that you'd never think scott will go for.
Hes' always been the boy scott and now he's dateing well.....Emma frost, the ice queen.
i'm not saying shes a whore...hehe ...no no.... shes just loooks like one...
and i'm not surprised she does...she paid alot of money to flash her new body.
Yah she and scott are both leaders....how is that going to work in a relationship...they will both be fighting to overrule one another..
- Jean also did stand up to scott so i have no clue what your talking about wannbe....in ways jean and emma are sadly kinda alike..
Emma's just comes out more of a ***** and jean knows' how to talk to people better.. ...maybe its not so surprising ..than again that scott went for emma

blaise
jean has sex appeal tooo seee

blaise
wow ...first picture i came upon that emma frost is covered ....

munkiesarus
Originally posted by blaise
jean has sex appeal tooo seee

Well, sure Jean is pretty, but she's beautiful. Emma is just hot.

yes there is bond to be something going on if jean comes back(if she comes back) but serously shes suits scott better. You also can tell emma is insecure of jean whenever she show's up. She doesnt' even know who scott will choose in the end.
Emma is known as the bad girl that you want to taste but not want to wifey.(like how woverine was to jean) . Oh wait shes a reformed bad girl ..nevermind...a bad girl trying to be good now. How nice. and i don't think hes in love with her. He probably loves her right now but not in love with her. For heavens sake he hasn't been wit her that long to be in love wit her.
Though they are kinda amusing to watch because it's something that you'd never think scott will go for.
Hes' always been the boy scott and now he's dateing well.....Emma frost, the ice queen.
Yah she and scott are both leaders....how is that going to work in a relationship...they will both be fighting to overrule one another..
- Jean also did stand up to scott so i have no clue what your talking about wannbe....in ways jean and emma are sadly kinda alike..
Emma's just comes out more of a ***** and jean knows' how to talk to people better.. ...maybe its not so surprising ..than again that scott went for emma

I never said Scott and Emma were married. I was referring to ScottandJean.

wannabe

Of course Emma is insecure of Jean...whatever happend, Jean was the first love of Scott and they have been together for a long time. Btw, i guess we all know, that Emma is not as icy underneath her armor as she herself might like it (read her series), which makes her all the way more human.

Emma might play the Bad Girl in front of the world, but when it comes to her relationship with Scott, she is quite caring and open and Scott knows what's behind the mask. After all, it was this openness without shame, and i don't mean just the sexual side, that made him fall for Emma.

Knowing one another for years is no guarantee for a deep love and being in love for just a few month doesn't exclude deep love!!!

Seems as if the "boy Scott" became finally the adult "man Scott"!

Ok, Emma paid good for some parts of her body...so not ALL X-Women are super sexy playmatelike hotties with ****s from outer space...tooo baaad!
One more thing on the list of what makes her more like a REAL woman, despite her eccentricity.

Both characters being leaders doesn't mean that they are overruling one another all the time. It's a chance as well as a risk for their relationship.
Disagreements during the "job" might carry over to the privat live, yes. But their different approaches while solving problems increases efficiency and Scott is finally in a position where he doesn't feel the need to carry the burden of leadership alone (yes, Storm and several others were also sharing leadership BUT they didn't made Scott feel like sharing responsibility).

Yes, there are some similarities between Jean and Emma and perhaps the first one is better at talking to people...but Emma is better at talking to Scott and after all, THAT'S WHAT COUNTS!
yes

pr1983
heheh i agree....though it is kinda interesting seeing this 4 trangle thing go on.....i dont think emma has really turned good and if she has shes styll selfish. I do hope jean can kick her ass again...it so entertains me....

i liked when she kicked emmas ass in the phenox saga that was nice stick out tongue

and cyclops and jean are meant to be ......yupsmileHappy Dance

sure they can have there space rite now.....but i hope he doesn't marry emma ....that'd be preety sad.

You crazy so and so... digging up this thread...

For now, sure, why not... let em have fun...

spiderboy5
pr who would u want scott to be with anyway?u havent answered that question yet. wink

pr1983
Originally posted by spiderboy5
pr who would u want scott to be with anyway?u havent answered that question yet. wink

Well i dont lik either emma or jean that much, though after reading emma's miniseries i'm starting to warm to her, though whether she and cyclops should be together i don't know...

I'd like to see Storm or Psylocke or even Sage given a chance...

ayjay
*reow...a lil bit of Scott and Sage action....Happy Dance

wannabe
STORM OR SAGE??? PLEASE tell me you're kidding!!! Why them?

ayjay
because...they both HOT.....^__^

o0o watabout Scott and JUBILEEE!!! *gasp*

wannabe
Originally posted by ayjay
because...they both HOT.....^__^

o0o watabout Scott and JUBILEEE!!! *gasp*

That is enough for you to want them to have a relationship with Scott, no matter their character and/or history??? huh

Scott and Jubilee??? NOW i'm sure your just kidding around! yes big grin

ayjay
hahaha....honestly....i like the emma/scott couple...the jean thing was quite annoying.....i like emma's characters...cold...but hot...good contrast hahah....

or am i...shifty

wannabe
Originally posted by ayjay
or am i...shifty

STOP IT! You're seriously frightening me!!! laughing

ayjay
heheheheh laughing

CorderaMitchell
He should have both.. he is the resident ladies man...

spiderboy5
i agree

vaya_the_elf
Personally I hate Cyclops and Emma together. Although thats just me.

Think it would be better if it were Scott, and Betsy

spiderboy5
wouldnt it be better if scott just had emma jean and betsy?then all the problems will just go away...............

Creshosk
Originally posted by spiderboy5
wouldnt it be better if scott just had emma jean and betsy?then all the problems will just go away............... Yes, because being with three different women would solve all of Scott's problems. shifty

blaise
lol why is it that scott get's all the hot ladies.....there are other gooldlookin guys outthere.......who don't have problems wit commitment...lol

spiderboy5
scott didnt get storm and shes hot.......hmmm and also sage shes hot

wolvie'sgirl
I agree wit you spidey!

ayjay
I like emma and scott.....and i like that scott isnt with psylocke or storm....^_^

X-Menfan87
Their great (that way wolvie and jean can go together).shifty

spiderboy5
even of logan does get jean i doubt the relationship would last probably wolverine would just ditch her and find another girl.....bcuz wolvies a badass .... wink

blaise
nah ..i think that it would be jean that broke logans heart if they were to ever get together.....

FieryBalrog

so you'd prefer euphemisms?

Actually, the Emma Scott relationship is made up of sex & bitching. The only reason it hangs together is because Emma is Marvel's new Mary Sue...

finally, the last issue of Astonishing is intriguing.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Draco69
Personally, I'm very bored with Cyclops' relationship with Jean. Scott has never really gotten away from the mold of the leader of the X-Men and Jean Grey's wife. Every significant event in his life, in someway involves Jean Grey. The Phoenix Saga, The Inferno event, a gaggle of genetically cloned children. Scott had no personality to speak of. Everything was Jean and Scott. With Emma, He can reevalute himself and breakout of the mold. He's out of Jean's Shadow.

Actually, he's much more in Emma's shadow now than he ever was in Jean's. That relationship was more of equals. Now he's just wrapped around her finger. shifty

peejayd
* well, some are so one-sided... dudes, the fact that Cyke chose Emma is his prerogative, maybe he sees something in Emma we don't see... i trust Cyke's decisions...

* and by the way, IMO Jean's not entirely faithful to Cyke, although i know they both love each other, Jean has never really shrugged off Logan, so what's up with that?

* and to Logan: "get a life, bub!" stop messing with Jean, remember, you are a freak. just rumble with Sabretooth or somethin'...

* re: Emma, let's face it, she has something Cyke sees in her... maybe Emma has this passion Cyke wants, that lacks in Jean...

* anyways, dudes the best loveteam always have high's and low's... and they are currently on their low's...

thedarkphoenix
no because is going to come back AGAIN cause the phoneix and jean are one. and scott will come running back to jean as always! yes

thedarkphoenix
sorry i meant to put jean in that embarrasment

xmarksthespot
Can't they just let her stay dead? Her story is convoluted enough as it is.

thedarkphoenix
i doubt it

wannabe
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Can't they just let her stay dead? Her story is convoluted enough as it is. I would like to see her dead for the next five to ten years too!
Using her every now and then makes the whole Phoenix-line less special and less interesting imo...she/it deserves better!!!

Btw...I think Emma and Scott make up a great couple!
Scott and Jean were sooo fifties/sixties...the strong, capable, emotion suppressing (and thus manly) Leader and his beautiful, yet decent, slightly motherly and supporting wife...sick
Emma as a leader is as strong as Scott, is not afraid to argue with him and stand her ground, truly loves him and, most important, is loved in return by a Scott who doesn't feel the need to be afraid of sharing his emotions and desires with her, something he could not do with his either allmighty, evil or dead wife!
Emma might play the Bad Girl in front of the world, but when it comes to her relationship with Scott, she is quite caring and open and Scott knows what's behind the mask. It was this openness without shame, and i don't mean just the sexual side, that made him fall for Emma...my blessing!

crimsonphoenix
I hate Emma as co- head of the school. She doesnt deserve it. Just because she is f-ing Scott doesnt mean she should co-head the school. That has always p*ssed me off. Its like saying if I was having s*x with Scott I should be the co-head.

thedarkphoenix
NICOLE! u potty mouth lol it's true though she shouldn't be co-head it was the White Queen u know

crimsonphoenix
im aloud to have a potty mouth but ur not since u are still young..lol

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
I hate Emma as co- head of the school. She doesnt deserve it. Just because she is f-ing Scott doesnt mean she should co-head the school. That has always p*ssed me off. Its like saying if I was having s*x with Scott I should be the co-head. erm How about the fact that she's the only one of the Astonishing X-Men whose actually trained to be a teacher? And that she's been the Headmistress of schools before?

crimsonphoenix
look how that turn out.......dead students. And she is just not co-head in Astonishing,she is also co-head in uncanny. Trained or not she doesnt deserve the position of co-head.

wannabe
look how that turn out.......dead students. And she is just not co-head in Astonishing,she is also co-head in uncanny. Trained or not she doesnt deserve the position of co-head. And how often did the X-mansion get destroyed and pupils hurt and even killed (Thunderbird1, Quentin, Sophie, that gaseous kid from Xorn's special class) under Xavier and Scott???
When you're teaching a viciously hated minority of people with super powers, such tragedies are ALMOST INEVITABLE.

So what makes you think Emma, the only trained teacher of the X-Men, does not deserve her position APART from your dislike for her character?!

xmarksthespot
Every one of the X-Men has chequered parts to their past. Emma is actually the most qualified in terms of teacher training - she has studied Education with a minor in Business - which positions her perfectly for the a role of teacher and administrator at the Xavier Institute. Add to that - the power of telepathy is well suited for the role of teacher and Headmistress.
Thing is she genuinely loves teaching and she genuinely cares for her students. And if you're going to have a teacher - that's the best kind there is.

wannabe
These pretty much should be the core characteristics for a teacher!!! yes (Btw...i'm in my last year at university to become a teacher myself.)

crimsonphoenix
i never said i didn't like Emma i just said she doesn't deserve being co-head. yes she cares 4 her students but she wants them to be like her. example: the stepford cuckoos.... And i dont think its a good idea to have a speech that contains "They will always hate us".

crimsonphoenix
and also doesnt say anywhere she has a teaching degree. so your asuming that she haves one cuz she was headmistress of the hellions. scott doesnt have a teaching degree .
here is a link to emmas profile....

http://www.mutanthigh.com/emma.html

wannabe
i never said i didn't like Emma i just said she doesn't deserve being co-head. yes she cares 4 her students but she wants them to be like her. example: the stepford cuckoos.... And i dont think its a good idea to have a speech that contains "They will always hate us". Maybe, but nonetheless she knows about the parts of herself that are "un-x-menish" and seeks for others to compensate for that (Shadowcat, Moonstar)...remarkable expression of selfreflection.
Additionally she teaches the students to develop strong personalities who can decide for themselves, which behaviour is appropriate and which not (the mentioned cuckoos for example).
From an (almost) professional point of view she is actually quite good and certainly much better than a character whose only qualification is being a mutant!

wannabe
and also doesnt say anywhere she has a teaching degree. so your asuming that she haves one cuz she was headmistress of the hellions. scott doesnt have a teaching degree .
here is a link to emmas profile....

http://www.mutanthigh.com/emma.html You and this file are not up to date...read Emma Frost's own 18 issue series!

crimsonphoenix
i wouldnt care if she was a regular teacher but as for co -head she hasnt (in my eyes) earned that yet. In the near future maybe. Now asuming jean comes back and takes on the role even if she wasnt with scott the Jean gets the co-head role.

crimsonphoenix
Well then i take it back...she does have a teaching degree but im still standing strong on thinking she doesnt deserve it.

crimsonphoenix
Lets look on the upside of things. You and i both think she should teach! And im not up to date on Emma Frost ( cuz i dont read her series). I hope after wut i said we can become friends and get pass this issue.

wannabe
i wouldnt care if she was a regular teacher but as for co -head she hasnt (in my eyes) earned that yet. In the near future maybe. Now asuming jean comes back and takes on the role even if she wasnt with scott the Jean gets the co-head role. A co-head is actually just a teacher who also has to know something about administration. So you agree that Emma can be a teacher but is not qualified for the administrative part of this job...the woman who co-run the Hellfire Club, her own institute and several commercial enterprises???

Since you name yourself crimsonphoenix i understand that you are a Jean fan, that's cool, but what exactly qualifies HER to run a school? She is not a teacher, scientist or has any significant buisness or leading experiences.
You yourself said:"Just because she is f-ing Scott doesnt mean she should co-head the school. That has always p*ssed me off. Its like saying if I was having s*x with Scott I should be the co-head." and now it's ok because the woman in question is Jean-Phoenix,"even if she wasnt with scott"now...or what exactly makes you think Jean DESERVES the position of headmistress?!

Btw...i would like to see us as friends in this forum! This is just a discussion about fictional characters and nothing really serious and having different opinions doesn't mean we have to hate each other. smile big grin

crimsonphoenix
i knew u or some one was going to bring up jean lol. she was one of the orignal students and xavier said that when he left he wanted her to run the school.
lets leave scott to run the school himself
or how about scott jean and emma... that would be good

wannabe
Well...THAT'S a change of sig!!!
i knew u or some one was going to bring up jean lol. she was one of the orignal students and xavier said that when he left he wanted her to run the school.
lets leave scott to run the school himself
or how about scott jean and emma... that would be good The Professor also supported Emma in running her previous institute AND the current school, but this alone is not exactly a real quality, is it?!
Actually i think Scott is a real good team leader, but i am in doubt about his qualifications as a teacher...well, tactics or so perhaps.
So what else can you bring up in Jeans favour? smile

crimsonphoenix
she looks good in the phoenix suit......
and i have a second reason on why i picked my sn .its cuz i like the concept of phoenix(bird).
ummmmmmm
and i like the color crimson.

wannabe
she looks good in the phoenix suit......LOL laughing

eternitygoddess
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Emma Frost is my least-favorite character out of the entire Marvel and DC and all the comic universes. She is such a home-wrecker and a total b*tch. If I was Jean I would've screwed up her brain permanently instead of just screwing it a little.

xmarksthespot
Emma Frost is has a rich and well characterised history and personality. She's an interesting character that adds a great deal to story dynamics.

I bet you're a Gambit fan. shifty

wannabe

White Queen
my sweets Emma may be a bi*ch but to love another puts that aside and Cyclops loves her as she does him. And if she is not ment to be with him who is she ment for Logan? NO matter what i or you say only time will tell on what is going to happen. Remember my sweets the old love may not be his true love yes love and if somebody does not need love in their life it would b the man in this love triangel. But everyone needs love even it is from a prick or a bi*ch

katie_girl09

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
Frost is a self centered whore, yes I said it, who needs to crew up with someone else like Gambit.
laughing out loud OMG! "Emmy" instead of "Romy"? No way, I cannot see that!

White Queen
Katie girl i agree with what you about people putting women in a few group

White Queen
The queen is here to stay evil face

wannabe

katie_girl09
I was just saying that since you said Jean and Cyclops were too old-fashioned, that in my opinion Emma is a stereotype. You said in your previous postings that Emma was a strong leader and I was just saying that I do not see her as that. In fact, I resent her being headmistress because it seems as though she only got the position because she is Cyclops' latest playboy bunny. I know Marvel was probably trying to give an example of female empowerment by doing this, but to me it is offensive. Yeah sure she may have run a school before and everything, but I don't think she deserves it more than Jean or Storm. I think Storm is a much better example of a strong leader...

katie_girl09
1) I was not talking about feminism and female empowerment. I was talking about selfexpression in general and how it is seen as immoral, when it's connected with open sexuality and being female.

Okay. But there is a thin line between being sexually open and being promiscuos... and I think that Emma crosses it.

nathan summers
I hope when Cable rejoins the X-Men, he blows a hole in her head with a shot gun. Then he and Rachel will laugh..

insane genis
emma frost reminds me of a domanatrix (wearing white)..i hope she dies sooner or later...or she sleeps with jean..what a good storyline that would be...then cyclops blasts her emma shuts off his brain and jean turns phoenix and kills evry1

White Queen
My dear now what is so wrong with Emma that she needs a gun to her head? Darlings why not give scott the bullet to the brain he is not as good as he comes out to be. Emma might be cold at times but how would you know if she needs death. SO my sweets if any one in here needs to b put to death let it b your hate aginst Emma and let Scott die. evil face

wannabe

katie_girl09

katie_girl09
NEVER did I say that Emma's sexuality was all that she had to offer. In fact, if you go back to my posting, you will see that I mentioned her teaching experience. I am merely saying what I felt. And I felt that her appointment to headmistress was extremely sudden and was only done by Marvel because she is Cyclops' new girlfriend. She may have teaching experience, but that (I believe) did not at all factor into this decision. Do you see how that is different from saying that she has nothing to offer besides her sexual side?! By the way, did Jean ever express any desire to be headmistress anyway? I don't think she did. And if being headmistress is about responsibility, then I'd have to say that I think Storm is very responsible...
And yes I know what you were trying to say about Jean and Cyclops. I am just saying what I think of Emma and that that is why I do not think that her coupling with Cyclops is a good idea.
What's wrong with being promiscuous? Ummmm... People thinking that you are easy and therefore not respecting you? Possibly unwanted pregnancy? Sexually transmitted diseases and infections? The list goes on. I am not saying that sex is bad. But being promiscuous is never a good thing.
It is clear that you love Emma Frost. But I do not. I find her a stereotype and uninteresting. But hey! To each their own, right?
Cheers.

White Queen
me dears wannabe and Katie_ girl 09 there is a different of opions yes but y are you two attacking each other so harsh if you both look at it you both are correct in some points and not in others but who am I to say anything. If you two deside to keep it up ill b happy to watch evil face

eternitygoddess

wannabe
Originally posted by katie_girl09
NEVER did I say that Emma's sexuality was all that she had to offer. In fact, if you go back to my posting, you will see that I mentioned her teaching experience. I am merely saying what I felt. And I felt that her appointment to headmistress was extremely sudden and was only done by Marvel because she is Cyclops' new girlfriend. She may have teaching experience, but that (I believe) did not at all factor into this decision. Do you see how that is different from saying that she has nothing to offer besides her sexual side?! By the way, did Jean ever express any desire to be headmistress anyway? I don't think she did.I noticed, that you mentioned Emma's teaching experience, but you rejected it as being a reason for her position. You were saying:Originally posted by katie_girl09 In fact, I resent her being headmistress because it seems as though she only got the position because she is Cyclops' latest playboy bunny.A formulation like this neglects every other reason, thus qualification Emma has to offer, for her being headmistress, does it not?!
Btw...Ok, Jean never asked for a leading role. So Emma did and Charles gave it to her because she has sex with Scott? What was so sudden and surprising about her appointment anyway? The school was a mess, the Professor wanted to leave and someone had to take over. Who would have been more suited to do the job than a born leader for superbeings and a female teacher, who has loads of experience in administrating an institute and is the only telepath left in the team? I'd say, that the decision to make Emma headmistress was extremely logical and it offered some potential for conflict, that could be used to flavour some stories in the comics.
And if being headmistress is about responsibility, then I'd have to say that I think Storm is very responsible... 1) I said responsibility AND qualification. Most of the X-Men are very responsible people, but does that alone make them suited to administer an educational institute?
2) I already agreed on the fact, that Storm is an excellent leader. She certainly has the responsibility and qualification to take over Scott's position, but certainly not Emma's, cause she is not a regular teacher and administrator.
3) Storm left! She didn't want to stay at the institute, so why are we talking about her?
And yes I know what you were trying to say about Jean and Cyclops. I am just saying what I think of Emma and that that is why I do not think that her coupling with Cyclops is a good idea.Definitely your prerogative!
What's wrong with being promiscuous? Ummmm... People thinking that you are easy and therefore not respecting you? Possibly unwanted pregnancy? Sexually transmitted diseases and infections? The list goes on. I am not saying that sex is bad. But being promiscuous is never a good thing.Remember what i said about it: "Complicated it only gets, when you're not mature enough, your character's not steadfast enough, or someone gets involved, who doesn't share your sexual openness."
Only if your sexuality is the only thing that defines you, people will think that you are easy and will not respect you. And people that choose to judge you only by your sexuality, not wanting to see what else you are and have to offer, should be irrelevant anyway.
Unwanted pregnancy, transmitted diseases and infections are the results of an irresponsible and immature dealing with sexuality in general, not the inevitable consequences of being promiscous. When you use condoms and avoid looking for sex mates among drug addicted or violent people (just two examples), you will have no more problems with pregnancy and diseases than nonpromiscous people.
As a mature, single telepath, Emma will certainly have had no problems with her sex mates. And now, that she is in a relationship with a monogamous partner, she acts accordingly...very responsible i'd say.
Nonetheless, when your personal sexual moral code prohibits promiscous behaviour, i will respect that. I just hope you're not one of these persons judging people only by their sexuality in relation to their personal opinions, ignoring everything else about them.
It is clear that you love Emma Frost. But I do not. I find her a stereotype and uninteresting. But hey! To each their own, right?
Cheers. I don't love Emma (i'm gay), i just find her interesting because there is more to her than just the mask of the cold White Queen.
But just as you said! To each their own, right! smile

wannabe
Originally posted by White Queen
me dears wannabe and Katie_ girl 09 there is a different of opions yes but y are you two attacking each other so harsh if you both look at it you both are correct in some points and not in others but who am I to say anything. If you two deside to keep it up ill b happy to watch evil face Dear White Queen...Katie_ girl 09 and i are not attacking one another, we are just discussing an interesting issue! After all, that's what this whole forum is all about, is it not?
Actually i really enjoy talking with Katie_ girl 09 a lot. I never got the impression, that she was in any way harsh with me and i didn't try to be offensive either, so what exactly do you mean?
(Just in case you find that question offensive: it's really just an honest request for information!!!)

White Queen
Wannabe i understand what you saying but if you just read it from my point of view it looks likes you two are trying to duke it out and yes it is to state opinions i know and by no means did i say any of these things to get you angry with me i was just trying to get both of you to see you both got good points.

wannabe
Originally posted by White Queen
Wannabe i understand what you saying but if you just read it from my point of view it looks likes you two are trying to duke it out and yes it is to state opinions i know and by no means did i say any of these things to get you angry with me i was just trying to get both of you to see you both got good points. I'm not angry with you! big grin
And rest assured, that i as well as Katie_ girl 09 know that we have good points on both our sides. But part of the fun in debating is, to express the complexity of thoughts behind your opinion and perhaps to convince the one your debating with.

pr1983
After astonishing x-men #12 i doubt they'll be together anymore...

katie_girl09
Actually i really enjoy talking with Katie_ girl 09 a lot.
Aw shucks! I like talking with you too wannabe! big grin

katie_girl09
Originally posted by pr1983
After astonishing x-men #12 i doubt they'll be together anymore...
What makes you say that? Is it the Wolverine thing?

wannabe
Aw shucks! No, no shucks! I really enjoyed our debate smile

nathan summers
Once Cable returns to the X-Men he'll set Emma straight. wink

Knightfall93
And its not even like the guy's taking advantage of you... unless you decide to have a sex change!

bitca730
I like Emma with Cyclops; Jean & Scott are/where one of comics power couples but they were too much the same Xavier abiding honor students...(when Jean was herself) Emma at least offers some variety in Scotts life...

CrazyDragon
Scott/Emma? I don't know. I prefer Scott/Jean because I don't like Emma. She is a.......... uhm, sorry guys ^^"

pr1983
What makes you say that? Is it the Wolverine thing?

No, the emma walking out in the middle of a fight thing... stick out tongue

botcherby
Scott Emma is the best couple I've seen in all Marvel Universe ever.

bitca730
I thought she just walked out because had to pee...

pr1983
Originally posted by bitca730
I thought she just walked out because had to pee...

laughing

its the fight of their lives... can't she hold it?

as for astonishing x-men #13...

Got my hands on #13 yesterday...

the way we're kept guessing about emma is great imo, she's either desperately trying to make the man she loves forgive her, or she's just playing him all over again...

nathan summers
SHOT GUN.

pr1983
Couple of points...

Emma Frost is anything but a stereotype, under the pen of Morrison and Whedon she's become a key member of the X-Men.

If memory serves Jean was originally meant to be headmistress before she died, and when she died Charles looked for the next best thing, which happened to be Emma. Her relationship with Scott had very little to do with the decision. She was a teacher on Genosha before it was destroyed.

She is more than qualified for the job.

These terms like "playboy bunny" and so on... who says she's promiscuous? Just because she dresses the way she does doesn't make her a whore. Has she cheated on Scott? Not that i recall...

eternitygoddess
^*Cough* Look at the cover of X-Men Astonishing 14.

And I don't think a woman who goes around calling your dead wife a 'cow' is the right person for you.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by botcherby
Scott Emma is the best couple I've seen in all Marvel Universe ever.
Really? I disagree. I think there are way better couples in the Marvel Universe- even just in the X-Universe.

katie_girl09
And I agree. That's pretty mean...

katie_girl09
Originally posted by pr1983
Couple of points...

Emma Frost is anything but a stereotype, under the pen of Morrison and Whedon she's become a key member of the X-Men.

A key member, but still a stereotype IMO.

katie_girl09
I don't love Emma (i'm gay), i just find her interesting because there is more to her than just the mask of the cold White Queen.
But just as you said! To each their own, right! smile
laughing out loud You're silly! I didn't mean love as in smoochy, mushy love! I meant love as in your like her character! And yes. To each their own.

Lord Paradise
The Scott/Emma/dead-Jean love triangle is interesting... for those who have been reading Astonishing they're setting up for a big Emma-central story which could change everything. Anyhoo, you might remember it was the Pheonix that made them fall in love in the whole Dark Beast storyline, so it's a good setup. Stuff will happen.

wannabe
laughing out loud You're silly! I didn't mean love as in smoochy, mushy love! I meant love as in your like her character! I know!
I just wanted to provoke you to further our debate...guess it worked! big grin

katie_girl09
I should start reading Astonishing more often. It sounds good.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>