What is Wayne Enterprises?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Bruce's father was a doctor, so what is this corporation that he left to his son? Does anyone know what does it actually produces?

pr1983
i always imagined it to be a large conglomerate that own tons of different companies and has a hand in all sorts of things... medical supplies, drugs (legal ones), electronics...

DarkAge
That's what I think, but does anyone know for sure?

pr1983
i know in the new movie its a military sub-contractor...

forbes (in a fictional business review) say its a technological powerhouse...

Red Superfly
I always thought it was a bit like The Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil, only good and not evil. It has it's fingers in many pies.

Sileas
*rubs sleep from eyes* wha...?

ok i'm awake i'm back. greedy from overtime money at work. big grin

i ain't a batman comic book geek, but of the little i know, i don't think there is any official "thing" that WE does. ain't even sure who started it. coulda been his dad, or even before that.

my personal take is that his dad, a doc, did start it, had an idea about medical equipment, and he hired some good people and the thing took off, and fairly quickly branched out. just cuz i work in the medical profession myself, i could come up with a whole bunch of things they might be credited with, theoretically---PET scans (positron emission tomography, which is a kind of nuclear imaging), stents, open MRI, combining the "regular" pacemaker with an automatic defibrillator..... oh dear, i've begun to geek.....

doctor

anyway. and then after that they branched out mightily. i do have a small problem with them being a military subcontractor. seems odd that Batman concentrates on saving lives and his company concentrates on killing them, in effect. the military doesn't deliver daisies. blink

OtterVomit
Whether or not his dad started it I'm not sure, but we do know the Wayne family was wealthy before Bruce's dad. Wayne Manor has been mentioned as supposidly having housed generations of Waynes. So its hard to say, they were getting money from somewhere. I do think it is highly hinted that his dad was key in building Wayne Enterprises into a huge powerhouse.

Napalm
I think its electronics

liam k
it deals with drugs and medicines as well as elctronics, and legal disputes.

WindDancer
I think is also use a research facility. From what I understand Wayne Enterprise is basically an industrialist corporation. Ranging from Chemistry to Metallurgy.

Lumpy Mcpid
it also owns daily planet where clark works

DarkCrawler
Wayne Enterprises includes sub-companies. They are:

# Wayne enterprises
# Wayne technologies
# Wayne biotech
# Wayne aerospace
# Wayne chemicals
# Wayne shipping
# Wayne foundation
# Wayne industries
# Wayne medical
# Wayne electronics
# Wayne entertainment
# Wayne steel
# Wayne shipbuilding
# Wayne foods

More from here: http://braveandthebold.net/characters/traits/266.html

OtterVomit
Excellent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.