Batman vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

x_danny_x
say these guys fought before right??

how many wins does Batman have over Superman?

Note: You have to take into account the krytonite rings or else batman wouldnt stance a chance. Not fair for human to fight an alien with superhuman powers

Joker1237
I guess Batman, has 1 win and Superman 0. Just a guess.

ayjay
maayn...ANYONE could beat up superman if u had kryptonite with you...

Bardock42
that ain't exactly true. If you read hush which I doubt you did considering your post you would know that with the amount of kryptonite batman got it is still pretty hard to beat superman and probably not very many other humans would be able to defeat supes.

eleveninches
batman has beat superman in a number of ways.

He could obviously use kryptonite, but in the "new son" elseworlds tale, he lured clark into a room which was lit by a special type of red light and was cut off from the light of the son, cutting off the solar reserves of superman and kicking his a$$

muffin man
who has the rings?

Tron
Exactly which series and issue numbers has Batman used kryptonite on Superman? I know he used it in The Dark Knight Returns, but I don't know the exact issue though.

SarKastic_OJ
Batman in no way possible can defeat Superman...

Giving Batman Kryptonite in this versus battle is like giving someone like Jubilee a radiation ring(gladiators weakness) against Gladiator..
If you're going to have to give one opponent the other's weakness "just to match up or equal out their power" then that is already saying that Superman is stronger and more powerful, Batman has to have Superman's weakness just to "rise up" to Superman's level...

This really isn't a debate, Superman would "decapitate" Batman with one blow if he "wanted" to, Batman has "admitted" on many occasions that no one on earth can defeat Superman and that's that..

I just can't take this debate seriously if you're going to "give" Batman Superman's weakness, its just too circumstantial, you act like he walks around carrying Kryptonite everyday..Besides even with Kryptonite Superman is still hell dispose of by the likes of a human, Supes still has that chance to bat away the kryptonite and "physically disembile" Batman..

Bottom line is if you're going to make this Superman vs Batman+Kryptonite then you might as well say any individual from the justice league "with kryptonite" stands a chance..as a matter of fact anyone whom knows Superman's weakness has a chance, my point is that giving Batman kryptonite isn't fair at all, you have to consider Batman actually having kryptonite on him while fighting, will Superman kill him before he can get some, will superman "overcome" the kryptonite just enough to separate it from Batman and thus whooping the guy as he did on "many" occasions, you have to succumb to the fact that on a "regular" level Batman doesn't even compare to Superman, hell its questionable can he even stand up to Superboy!!

ebosian
Are You Kidding?!

Batman can press 20 tons, can withstand falls of 10,000 ft, can take force impacts of 3 tons without broken bones, has Xray vision, has a golden smile, has prep time ability, and craps golden eggs. Superman is no match for him. Then again, no comic character is a match for Batman!

pr1983
laughing

sarkastic is right though, giving bats the kryptonite ring by definition shows that superman is more powerful...

x_danny_x
How do you expect for this to be a battle!

in Hush, Superman said "You Hurt Me" and the K-Ring did its purpose weaken his powers so Batman has some chance. People say that the purpose of the K-Ring is to kill Superman, but the size of the Green K in the K-Ring is not to kill or defeat Superman, that amount of Kryptonite can't even hurt Superman, it just weakens his powers.

and forgoodness sakes it has been said that Batman took down the whole JLA! So who else to do it but Batman!!!

Not Everyone has a chance like Batman. Him and Superman are kind of close and one knows the other weaknesses more than some other superhero outside of their friendship!

theflyxx
Mano a mano, in a straight up fight with none of Batman's infamous prep time and no K-Ring, Superman would obliterate Batman in a number of ways:

--obviously, he could punch Bats and knock his head clean off his torso with his super strength
--he could incinerate Batman with his heat vision
--no matter how quick and agile Batman is, there's just no way that he's quicker than Supes. After all, Supes raced against the freakin' Flash.
--Superman could grab Batman and fly up into space and leave him up there to die
--he could pull all of Batman's limbs from his torso and turn him into a circus freak

With all of Superman's powers, there are just too many ways that he could kill Batman. It isn't even fair for the Dark Knight.

SarKastic_OJ
lol...rip off his limbs and turn him into a circus freak..lol

You're right though, Batman has no chance outside of hell to even dint Superman, give him kryptonite and hell "anyone" would stand a chance, you might as well rename this thread Superman vs Batman with Superman's well-known weakness put right into his hand...how absurd is that...

Hell, going off this thread I can make a Superman vs Jubilee thread as long as I give her kryptonite, or how about Superman vs Robin with Kryptonite, hell if you have to give Batman the guys weakness then that alone says on a regular base level both fighting without each others weakness Superman is just way too much..

Cosmo Kramer
ok u guys have to stop acting like using kryponite is cheating! if anything Batman is just lowering supes to his level so he can simply kick his alien ass off EARTH.

SarKastic_OJ
that's the key word "lowering supes to his level", that's like Captain America poisoning the hulk just so hulks weak enough to feel his blows..

That's the whole point, you're saying he has to "weaken" Superman in order to even stand a chance...That's like Jordan lowering his skills just to play Kobe, Ali toning down his style just to have a good fight with foreman...The whole concept of giving Batman Supes weakness completely contradicts the concept of "fair fight"..It's circumstantial(i.e. he has to have kryptonite on him to stand a chance)..you shouldn't have to "give" a fighter the other fighters weakness because you're basically giving the fight to Batman...

If you're going to give Batman Supes weakness just for an even fight and THEN declare that Batman could whoop Supes because of it then you might as well say Robin, Jubilee, or Morph could beat Superman too just because they are given Kryptonite!! Besides if people using kryptonite and beating Superman was that easy his win/loss record would be full of defeats but despite the use of kryptonite Superman still comes out on top "MOST of the time"..

Mainstream
When it comes down to the wire, Batman will find a way to beat Superman. By any means necessary!!!!

BobbyD
Oh my gosh, people! Jeepers! And sorry Mainstream, Bats does not stand a chance here. Even if Bats has Kryptonite, he has to STAY remotely close for it to have an affect. Who says that Supes is still NOT capable of throwing a punch at 10 ton strength level that would knock Bats's head off his body? This is an interesting thread (albeit poor matchup), with some interesting comments, and good points, but the Dark knight here dies, especially if Supes realizes his life is at stake. Heck, Supes could just melt the hand off of Bat's arm that is holding the "green rock". Even if he didn't "heat vision" Bat's hand off, don't anyone tell me he would still be holding onto it. Any human's initial reaction would be to drop what's it your hand at that point, and look to ice/cool it immediatley. If somehow (miraculously) Bats' didn't drop it, repeated blasts anywhere else on Bats's should deliver the message. Supes could also freeze him to death if he wanted.

Havoc470
batman has said that kryptonite only gives him a chance at escaping in Hush, so even witht he kryptonite batman wont stand much of a chance unless he's gonna run away

Mainstream
Do I have to bring up the Dark knight returns? Batman in his frickin 50's beat the crap out of Superman. If he could beat Super dude in his 50's and make him look like a jackass, beating big blue in his 30's or whatever shouldn't be much harder. I also recall reading a JLA story where Ra Al Ghul used Batman notes off a computer to beat the JLA. Batman had made his own type of kyptonite (technically Ra Al Ghul used batman notes to make it) It weakens Supes but does kill him. I almost always vote brains over brawn and in this case I'd vote Batman.

Havoc470
in dark knight returns he doesnt really beat superman, or at least not from what i remember

ra's made it out of batmans notes, that doesnt mean that its an actual product in batmans arsenal, going by what i've read in Hush which is the best portrayal of batman imo, i think superman would win

Mainstream
Ahhhhhh!!!! C'mon dude. Batman repersents the best nonepowered fighters! If he can't beat Superman... their no justice in the world dude...No Justice at all! And Batman as an old man did beat the Sh#t out of that so called Superman!

Havoc470
i cant really say anything about that comic because i could barely remember much from it

sure, batman may represent the best of non powered fighters (in DC) but superman definitely represents the best of the super-powered fighters (in DC and arguably in marvel)

Mainstream
You know Captain Marvel (the DC Comics verison) can and has kicked Superman A$$....thought I bring this up, though it waaaay off topic.

Havoc470
that doesnt make him any less stronger, characters always lose.....did you know batman almost died by someone just cutting his batline? pretty stupid aint it?

Mainstream
I didn't say Batman was perfect...but he is highly cool. Hopefully this Batman Begins movie will finally prove that.

Havoc470
i didnt mean it offensively, im just saying even the best of the best lose sometimes but that doesnt make them any weaker.....but it does make them stronger

Mainstream
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger... I hear you man I hear you.

x_danny_x
My word OJ, Jordan better than Kobe??? that is nothing more than your opinion! You cant even make such a comparison cause people can argue that Michael Jordan is not better than Kobe. It is not a fact like the Kryptonite proving to be Supes weakness and Batman using it.

These guys know each other inside out so you can expect Batman to have Kryp. Ring!

If he didnt then how you think he will stand a chance against Supes who has super speed, super human strength, x-ray vision, heat vision, etc.

hmmmm And No, Jubilee wont have the same chance as Batman in beating supes or any other character cause they are not the same characters. You think Jubilee has the qualities and credintials as Batman?? NO, she doesnt. Like someone said, having the ring would not mean automatic victory! It will again level the playing field.

Jesus man, heat vision on Batman means he is toast. A punch to Batman means he is pratically crush. Those are all life threating and Batman has the ring that just weaken supes.

An as for your putting the Kryptonite word in the title, well why dont you complain in the Hulk Juggernaut thread to put which Hulk and which Juggernaut.

Also that possible "Batman vs Superman" movie that could of happend. I imagine that if the movie came to be that somehow Batman would have a kryptonite ring against supes. I guess you would of have a big problem with that wouldnt you cause the title of the movie didnt have the Kryptonite word.

Havoc470
batman has said that the ring doesnt automatically give him the upperhand, jeph loeb wanted to clear out that kryptonite isnt an absolute win against superman

Draco69
The small amount of KY wouldn't kill Superman. It would just annoy and weaken him like a hangover. So Superman would fly up, up and away and attack with heat vision, ice breath, and super breath from a distance.

Havoc470
not even, he's still strong enough to hurt superman badly at hand to hand combat

Draco69
Batman would most certainly win a judo contest. Superman can catch bullets. It doesn't matter how skilled Batman is, every blow would be in slow-motion to Superman. Kal doesn't need to get in close to beat Batman. He can do it from a distance

The Flash
Superman would whoop Batman's ass so hard that it will come out of his mouth. And imo Captain America and Black Panter are better non-powered heroes than the Bat.

Nathaniel Grey
I like Batman, I really do. I've collected his comics since I was in Kindergarten and so forth but come on. Ever since Batman was suddenly able to take on Superman in a few fights the Batman Fanboy entourage has been exploding in their belief that he can take ANYONE on. Well guess what? Batman was intended to be a human with all the weaknesses and limitations that are expected of a man. I don't care what any DC writer says..in a full on fight there is NO way Batman can beat Superman. Even with a small amount of Kryptonite. And I HATE Superman but even I know the truth. It's not Batman that needs to be confronted. It's his bloody FanBatboy roadies.

FrothByte
this is batman vs. superman, not batman+kryptonite vs. superman-yellow sun. the batfanboys are so blind to facts that i wana puke.

the 'batman beating superman' crap was the worst idea i have ever heard. i know batman has a superior intellect, but they treat superman like a complete idiot. if these two know each other very well, then bats will have kryptonite - and superman will know that bats would have kryptonite!!!

so supes won't even try to come close to bats and the krypt, he'd just eye beam him from afar. for crying out loud, you idiotic fan boys view this as if its only batman who does strategic planning!!!!!

Mainstream
Batman Smarter than Supes. If Batman is even remotely prepared The Farm boy goes down!!!!!

ebosian
You said it Mainstream. After he takes care of supes, he can use his prep time ability to take down Wonder Woman, GL and Flash at the same time!

Mainstream
Are you mocking me or are you for real Ebosian?

SarKastic_OJ
Why does he have to "prepare" for Superman? Most comic fight's aren't planned out but rather spontaneous and spur of the moment. You actually think when Batman wakes up in the morning he goes "Well, I might be fighting Superman today, lemme equip some Kryptonite just in case"..Hell no..That's absurd...

If these guy's fight, it will be by some sort of circumstance(i.e. one of them goes rogue, is posessed) Superman has any and every advantage in that situation..Superman is overall better than batman, screw being smarter, smartness didn't help Batman against Bane when his spine was broken.

You guy's either underestimate the hell out of Superman or you just plain don't like him. Face it, giving Batman Kryptonite is cheating, and even with Kryptonite the most Batman could do is beat on Superman, I doubt he lacks the ability to kill him, the kryptonite would do "all" the work..Superman could probably defeat an army of Batman's if he wanted to..

Oh yeah, Batman is "smarter" than the Juggernaut, Hulk, Thanos and Surfer, does that mean he can beat them too....no...

Mainstream
Superman has a sh#t load of powers dude! Batman gonna need something to knock the Farm boy off his high horse. Superman fights for truth justice and the American way....Batman fights to win! Batman knows Superman might try him someday, that's why he always carries a peace of superman's home with him.....just in case.

ebosian
Lets not take it to the personal level. We want to kept these threads open. But to answer your question, I am not mocking you. I am keeping Batman honest. And sometimes you do that by exposing a trend that will soon not make sense.

Mainstream
Oh I see thanks And welcome aboard Ebosian..I just joined last month too.

pr1983
but seriously, i love bats and supes, but supes takes this one, and rather easily too...

Mainstream
Batman has beaten Superman...Superman has beaten Batman..Let's face it people..It depends on the condition and the writer of the story.

pr1983
and if bats has a kryptonite ring...

and prep time...

and time to come up with a plan...

man to man supes'd f*ck him up.

i have no bias towards either, both are particular favourites of mine, but i'm being realistic...

Mainstream
Like I said Batman is just a dude. Superman is a superdude. If you were fighting a guy that could pick up mountains and leap over buildings and crap... Wouldn't you want something that could take that got dang Farm boy down?

pr1983
even with the ring it'd be an accomplishment to take supes down...

Mainstream
True...but didn't Superman give Batman the ring. Basically that's like Clark saying.."here Bruce if you ever have to beat my ass use this buddy."

pr1983
it was to give bats some sort of way to stop supes, doent mean it'll work though.

imagine this right. supes starts off a mile from batman. supes accelerates to superpeed but bats has kryptonite. even with the kryptonite it will not sufficiently slow down supes before he hits (and probably kills) batman. supes would know bats has the ring, so he'd have thought of a way to get around it.

SarKastic_OJ
Dude, that means Superman is saying basically, "Without this(my weakness) you can't stand a chance"...

On a basic level Superman had to give Batman his weakness just so he'd "Stand a chance", that fact alone says that Superman would "destroy" batman is they fought "straight up" no gimmicks, cheats or weaknesses...

You can defend Batman until your face turns blue but Batman is just not on Superman's level...Face it

Mainstream
Kytponite isn't the only way to stop the Farmboy. I'm sure Batman has plans other ways to stop him if he had to. I'm not saying
Batman could beat Superman no sweat, but I'm saying don't count Bruce out.

pr1983
nobody is, but its superman for christs sake...

Mainstream
Batman Rules.

pr1983
i know he does...

still cant beat supes though...

Mainstream
Batman can beat Superman. Bruce might lose an arm, might have to do stuff he normally wouldn't do but by god he could do it....all you have to do is believe dude...believe.

pr1983
he could, but most likely he wont...

Mainstream
All I'm saying is there is a chance Bruce could take down the Alien Farm boy is all.

pr1983
a small chance yes...

but realistically, he'd need all the prep time in the world and a couple of pounds of kryptonite...

Mainstream
Agreed.

Bardock42
Batman ise good and under some circumstances he might actually have a chance to take down superman. But If they woukld walk down a road and supes just decides to fightr with Batman there is no way Batman can do anything.

Oh and I really found it funny that Superman carries a kryptonite ring around in hos belt, really funny. And I belive everytime there is just the slightest chance Batman would meet Superman he takes Kryptonite with him, thats just Batman it would be strange if he wouldn't.

Mainstream
Batman just believes in being prepared.

radioboy121
If going by powers alone, Superman wouldn't even need to strategize to defeat Batman. But how often do you see Superman go out against a human? If they were new to each other, he would probably give Batman at least a chance; actually, he's even given powerhouses a chance (i.e. he gave Doomsday a cheap shot first hit showing how much confidence Superman has for his durability).

However, unless Batman happens to have kryptonite with him , Superman will take him down as softly as he can as he is aware of what Batman is capable of.

SarKastic_OJ
like I said screw prep time, most comic fight's are spontaneously induced, random, and spur of the moment.....

Superman would dismantle batman like a curious child physically disecting a fly or mosquito....

The Flash
Here's a fair fight: Batman has kryptonite and Superman has a protective suit.smile

Bardock42
Actually Superman gave Doomsday two cheap shots. Shows how stupid he is.
Still How many Batman fights are without prep time though?

angelsflame265
Well if Batman got Superman into some sort of trap. . . he might be able to. . .

Tron
Well, that's no more fair than Batman withiout the kryptonite.no expression

pr1983
laughing

Mainstream
Batman.....I know ....you....can....beat that.....got.....dang....farmboy!!!!!

SarKastic_OJ
lol...the caped "sociopath" would lose :P

Mainstream
I still hate the farm boy SarKastic OJ!

Miss_Faye
Batman Vs. Superman who will win!?!?? DUN DUNNN DUNNN.....i think...batman...cus ya know...he kicks poonie and...i like him so yeppers thats my answers

Miss_Faye
......i'm hungry...

Scoobless
nah, supes from ten miles across and three miles up with either the heaty peepers or a lobbed tank or something

Miss_Faye
*gasp* how could you say that....no...ok well maybe...

long pig
that you in the pic? you sexy as hell wanna make out?

Red Superfly
Batman shoves Kryptonite up Supermans ass and runs him over with the Batmobile, then does a burnout on his corpse just to make sure.

Miss_Faye
Ha...yea thats meh...and hmm...I don't think my bf will like that too much but i'll give you a kiss on the cheek nonetheless ! so MWAHS!!

Tron
This thread was already done at the beginning of the month:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=319295&highlight=Batman+vs+Superman

Paola should be merging this one soon.

SarKastic_OJ
But before she merges, I would just like to shed some light to this battle.

Firstly, he would "need" Kryptonite just to bring Superman to his level, which is a handicap in itself, secondly on a straight up level Superman could "decapitate" Bruce Wayne with one blow, fry him with heat vision, run circles around him with his superior speed, or fly him into space and just leave him there, the possibilities for Superman beating Batman are endless, I feel my creative juices just flowing by thinking of the various ways..

Giving Batman kryptonite isn't fair, giving one guy the others mortal weakness, and even with the green rock it would be a task in itself..Superman wins this on so many levels that you HAVE to be a batman fan to say otherwise...

x_danny_x
for a battle like this is what the Kryptonite is there for! How do you expect for a battle between these two happen? One is Human while the other is superhuman!

I can say the samething about Superman having things that wouldnt make it fair. Superman having X-ray vision isnt fare, that can kill Batman while the Kryptonite only weakens superman! Superman again has Superspeed, superstrenght which ofcourse isnt fair.

Nobody is taking anything away from the characters of their strength and weaknesses.

DC made Batman defeat Superman, so he is capable of defeating Superman. I guess all the DC writers are batman fans huh?

SarKastic_OJ
you misjudge my point tenfold....

Superman was "born" with those powers(label him fortunate), Batman wasn't "born" with kryptonite shoved up his ass did he? We're talking about a battle between two heroes both born with god given talents, not one hero with the others weakness giving to him on a silver platter.

Hell, if you reason Batman beating Superman with Kryptonite then you might as well say Robin, Jubilee, and Superboy would beat Superman as well as long as their given Kryptonite....their opponents mortal weakness.

and Batman merely toppled Superman with the kryptonite in the Dark Knight comics he didn't defeat him......

My point is that if you just randomly pick up these two heroes, place them in a desert and let them square off, Batman would die in mere seconds, giving him supes weakness just to "even" out their powers already states within itself that Superman is a million times more powerful....Most fights between two heroes are sporadic and random and you always have the big IF batman has kryptonite on him at the time..It's not like he walks around 24/7 with the green rock in his back pocket...

David Duchovony
No, not really. They just don't want to make their most popular human superhero look like a pansy.

David Duchovony
If anyone read the Hush storyline, even Batman admitted Supes was holding back as much as he could.

Draco69
It's a either a miracle or a travesty that this thread has reached 71 posts.

IRTMU-Dragon
How ridiculos of a thread...

lifeisaglich
Believe me when I say I really tried to stay off this particular thread. Because these two are ok in my book.

This thread is not ridiculous if it were, people would have let it die a long time ago.

After reading most of the thread I came to the conclusion that most of you people are just saying the obvious. That superman is way stronger than batman...... Who here does not know that superman is stronger than batman? In an Arm reswreslying match who do you think is going to win? A human or a guy with enhanced strenght?......These are all things that batman already knows, which in turn makes him even dangerous. Because he would know what to expect. And would try to lead superman in a place where the most devastating power to the him would not be as effective. As was the case in HUSH, when he lead superman in to the Sewers.

most of you guys here say that superman is going to use heat vision, or drop a car on batman as if the batman is going to stand there with a red big target sign on his chest.

Now on the case of fairness the batman is a human who is going to fight someone who can joggle planets, sneezes and a galaxy is destroyed, can move at light speed and have unlimited array of visions. And you guys are expecting the batman to face such an opponent without some kind of Ace in the hole. Kryptonite is superman's Hercules-Hilde and batman is going to use it to its fullest.

And besides batman always carry kryptonite in a protected lead pouch. As it was proved in the animated/comic Justice league titled Amazo.

Hawk Girl asked: Do you always carry that thing?
Batman replied: I hate to be caught unprepared.
Hawk Girl: And they say I am the scary one.
(Not their exact words but you get the idea.)

And one more thing just because you have Krpytonite does not mean that you are going to win. Because in the resent superman comic Superman wore a kryptonite ring to KO super girl on Apocalypse. You see have Kryptonite does not guarantee you a win.

IRTMU-Dragon
omg.

Tron
Well, to add my two cents, Superman DID give Batman Luthor's kryptonite ring for a reason. He gave it to him in the case that he needed to be brought down, and there's probably no other human that could do it better than Batman. Yeah, it's not fair that Batman has kryptonite, but since when has Batman ever been a fair fighter?

K3VIL
Batman nananana Batman nananana Batman!Batman!Batman!
Seriously, Batman VS put a powerhouse with a specific weakness here threads are just fun to see the Dark Knight fanboys writing things like he can, he prep, he think, he etc. etc. etc.
We all known that with Kryptonite for a few on his body Supes wouldn't die, obvious a massive irradiation of Kryptonite would murder him, like in the Elseworld where Kryll'n the leader of the alien race that conquer Earth, use a medium dimension kryptonite crystal that was the power source of Metallex to kill the Man Of Steel.Now anyone with a few combat knowledge even Bibbo Bibbowsky or Jimmi Olsen with kryptonite can kill Superman, Supes is always catched not on the guard from Bats, cause Superman believe in people, that's is greatest weakness, so how he couldn't believe that Batman, who at least is anyway a big friend of him would try to beat down or murder him?Yes it happens before so now Kal El would pay more attention, but seriously, without traps, and prep time, Batman is TOAST.Also if you put him against someone without specific weakness, is BIG TOAST.

K3VIL
Batman nananana Batman nananan Batman!Batman!Batman!
Seriously, threads where Bats is put against put the name of metahuman with specific weakness is worst.Cause we all know that without traps, tricks, plans, Batman would lose in these cicumstances.
No he can, he plan, he thinks fanboys.Against powerhouses without weakness Batman is toast.

Scoobless
doesn't kryptonite make supes even weaker than human, if batman get's kryptonite superman should get uranium or something to even it up........ they wouldn't need the lights on to see each other either after that

Alpha Centauri
I imagine Superman doing the crip walk while fighting.

Then making Batman do the crip walk. Crip, in Batman's case, meaning cripple. So technically no walking would be done. Just a joke.

-AC

Scoobless
good idea, batman get's to use kryptonite if he agrees to fight with two broken legs, one hand tied behind his back, no utility belt, a muzzle and he has to take 4 sleeping pills 30 mins prior to fight

Alpha Centauri
My joke was fine as it was.

-AC

Scoobless
glad you think so, but i wasn't joking

Alpha Centauri
Yeah wha-whatever.

He's doesn't even run the place, he's the work Bat. Superman has always been at that level of running the Justice League.

-AC

Scoobless
umm....... what are you talking about now? thought it was who'd win a fight not who's in charge of the clubhouse

Alpha Centauri
*Shrugs*

-AC

IRTMU-Dragon
evil face

NoFate007
Batman is the luckiest superhero when you think about it, so he gets the win. Plus if what has been said before, DC made Batman win, then its official pretty much.

Scoobless
yeah but DC doesn't get to decide who wins this time........... i do, and it's supes by a landslide

Alpha Centauri
"yeah but DC doesn't get to decide who wins this time........... i do, and it's supes by a landslide"

The hell? Some revelling in the fact that you know the outcome of a Superman/Batman showdown.

-AC

SarKastic_OJ
I is indeed miraculaous in that this posts has reached six-pages already.

Batman fanatics always reason out him using superior intellect and trickery to defeat the man-O-steel. You guys act like Superman's some dumb, one-dimensional "strong guy", you must indeed have him confused with a certain marvel green guy, superman isn't so naive and has battle tactics/plans out the ass as well.

I admit DC wouldn't want to see one of their top players beaten so easily(Batman) but that still doesn't mean he stands a chance in hell, DC probably would "avoid" an all out brawl between these two just so they wouldn't have to make a six-part comic series of Batman's death, yeah I said it, Superman could "kill" bruce if given the proper opening.

Bane(guy who broke Batman's back) was a naive "tough guy" and yet despite all batman's gadgets and anti-tough guy spray still got his spine broken into a shape similiar to this..>.....so in a nutshell sometimes his intellect just isn't enough...

The only validity and fairness I seem to can find in this argument in fact is all pointed to Batman's advantage.One person says if they fight given batman has prep time, another says he is given a kryptonite thong from the start of the fight...utter and biased bull..What if (lets say for argument sake) a higher power just warps these two to a desert, no prep time, no well-thought out tactics, just the two with their god-given gifts, who will win?? I'll give you a hint...they wear red underpants and hits harder then the new york crime wave..

So you guys can go on ahead and "give" Batman all this "prep time and kryptonite" (and that alone "still" doesn't decide the winner).My argument in a nutshell eeyah(is) that writers would make this a classic battle just to please both fanbases BUT in a realistic and logical battle Superman's superior versatility would cream batman faster than Batman's logic and prep time would comprehend..Hell give ME Supes powers and I'd have fun beating the hell outta batman...

OtterVomit
To date Batman has faced Superman 3 times that I know of. The two Dark Knight series and one other time in which he flooded Clark with red solar rays which sapped Superman's strength. The score is Batman 3, Superman 0.

If Batman ever faced Superman without being able to level the playing field, he would get creamed. But then again, the ability to quickly level the playing field is part of Batman's advantage: intellect.

x_danny_x
nobody is disputing that, any human would be toast against someone that can move a planet and destroy a galaxy!

WOW, Batman has beaten Superman 3 times! No Wonder SarcasticOJ is pissed smokin'

yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww Happy Dance go Batman!

lifeisaglich
No I do not think it is that, you see his line of thought is batman is human and as such he should not be able to tie his own shoe laces without asking for help. And also batman is the only human that has given superman a beating he would never forget.

Did you say bane is naive? Please I know you are Ticked but do not say things like bane is naive because it shows that you know nothing of batman's rogue gallery.

Fine but I do not think anyone will it surprising when batman beats the hell outta you.

Scoobless
you guys know batman's not real................ right? you make me ashamed to pull on my tights and fly around looking for someone to punch in the face for an alleged crime

lifeisaglich
smile

Mainstream
confused

Tron
Ummm, since when has Bane ever been just a naive tough guy? You must be thinking of the horrid movie version.

Mainstream
yeah in the comic and the cartoon Bane has above normal brains..just like yours truly.

K3VIL
Any man in DC U with a decent or great physical condition that knows a little of hand to hand combat can beat Superman if he possess kryptonite.

Mainstream
agreed..Batman rules.

jinzin
damn okay first off batman rules,now on to the fight.

yes if both characters where dropped in a desert Supes is gonna cream the bats, no questions about it, facts is facts.

(and here comes the inevitable)
But, to say that really takes away from batman's character and the type of fighter he is. Batman is a cheater through and through so using a kryptonite ring really isn't deviant from something he would presumably do in a fight, or has done for that matter. i really wouldn't be surprised if Batman DID carry a k ring in his utility belt all the time, but that aside, batman uses every conceivable thing he can to his advantage, (since he has no real powers that's what he has to resort to) and since batman isn't just some retard with a death wish cheating is a perfectly acceptable way to deal with the man of steel.

so desert scenerio-superman
prep time- batman (until proven otherwise)

ryan20000000000
ahhh the age old debate, if batman had his weakass krypto ring of couse he wins if not superman deliver 1 punch to batman and hes fuked

x_danny_x
whoah there. I dont think anybody would beat superman if they had the kryptonite ring. Batman knows Superman than anybody else. Also comic book politics comes into play. These two are the biggest heroes for DC! They are the most popular. It is almost that this comic politics gives Batman some sort of extra boost in finding ways of doing the unthinkable. Which he still does with out the comic politics but I think they made Batman to somehow defeat Superman somehow with the Kryptonite and nobody else. If they do, then Batman would defeat Superman where it is most noticable and it is a big impact!

SarKastic_OJ
Once again you guy's give Superman little to no credit..

Sure Batman is extremely intelligent, superior strategist, etc..etc..But Superman is what his name states a "super-man", strong in every perspective..While Batman uses his intellect to defeat "gangsters gone insane" or "slightly mutated sociopaths" superman is battling guys on the level of the hulk, juggernaut, or to a lesser extent "The Thing"...

Superman is not your usual "Joker" or "Harvey Two-faced", he's a superior-raced alien..He has outwitted geniuses(Brainiac/Brainiac2000), beatin guys with the strength level of the Hulk(Doomsday), Dark Seid, and various other villains whom Batman would resort to "using Robin" to "help" him battle...

The only reason DC let Batman "ever" stick with Superman in a battle is to show their "runner-up" flagship character some respect.Whether you like it or not Superman is #1 in DC, whether it's battling the stronger foes or appearing on more covers Superman leads the head of the pack.Superman "leads" the JL, so while Superman's death becomes a monumental leap in comic history Batman gets his back broken by a guy whom Superman could beat three or four of..

Factmesseduperman has beaten foes whom Batman would die at the hands of(Doomsday), Superman posesses(at birth) enough abilities to physical disect batman like a ninth-grade biology class experiment(speed, ice breath, heat vision,super strength, invunerability, flight), you "fans" have to hand Batman this guys weakness just to "give him a chance" just states within itself that Superman(without outside circumstances) is indeed plateau's stronger than Batman..

Batman=Hyped up Sherlock detective whom is used to solving "Who Dun It" type mysteries, Superman=DC's answer to the hulk

theflyxx
I concur.

K3VIL
The only reason cause Batman do the "unthinkable" when the unthinkable is just possessing the only thing that can depower Superman and use it against Supes through a trap or a trick is something that anyone with kryptonite is something that anyone can do.Even Lex Luthor with bare hands and kryptonite can murder the Man of Steel.

x_danny_x
why hasnt he done so?? You see, if that was the case then Superman would of been dead along time ago. Nobody has a mind like Batman has. He is an investigator, a detective and he knows Martial Arts and knows how to use them to his advantage!! Im surely he will wimp superman good enough for him to beat him and make him good again.

DC makes Batman stand out because of his brain power and what he has accomplished as a human being with Super Human beings. That is the reason why Batman is who he is, im certainly no regular human can defeat Superman besides Batman.

nigel45
The whole "kryptonite is all anyone needs" theory doesn't hold water. So Batman has a K-ring. So what? Unless you start the battle between Bats & Supes at a close enough range that the kryptonite takes immediate effect, Superman could easily play it so that it's never even a factor. He could fly to the moon, find a nice comfy place to sit, and pick Batman off on Earth with his heat vision. How is Kryptonite going to prevent that?

Mainstream
Batman. could still win. he's a master planner. I'm sure he's planned on what he needs to do to take out Supes fast and hard.

Napalm
The prep time or the kyrpto ring batman wins

Mainstream
yeah but Batman knows sooner or later Superman might try his rich ass so I'm sure he has some surprises for the so called Superman. I'm not hating on Supes or anything but Batman could bring him down if he needed to.

nigel45
"yeah but Batman knows sooner or later Superman might try his rich ass so I'm sure he has some surprises for the so called Superman. I'm not hating on Supes or anything but Batman could bring him down if he needed to."

How?

nigel45
I'm hoping you're just messing around Mainstream

demigawd
Batman is like DC's Doom. With prep time he can do pretty much anything he wants. Batfans can cite all kinds of impossible things he does with prep, just like Doom. And like Doom, who has his Squirrel Girl moments, Batman, for all his godliness, still takes six issues to beat people like the Penguin, lol.

So if it was Batman's sole mission to take down Superman, there are lots of ways he can do it. But in a straight up fight between Superman and Batman with both of them committed to defeating the other, Batman goes down before he realizes the fight started. K-ring or not.

lifeisaglich
What do you mean in a straight up fight batman is still going to win, because in the Justice league Amazo series it was stated that he always carry a kryptonite ring.

And besides batman will never go in a straight up fight with a person like superman because he knows it is suicide.

If batman wanted to fight people like superman in a straight up fight he would have built himself a suit ala Ironman or something close to that.

Mainstream
Demigawd..you got that out of a wizard book but that's cool..I agree with it! define straight up fight someone.

nigel45
Even with a K-ring, Batman doesn't neccesarily win. He would have to be within a certain range for it to take affect, and if the fight started with Supes OUT of that range, he wouldn't be so dumb as to get close to Batman, and Bats wouldn't be able to do much about it. Then it's a matter of Superman heaving a giant rock/building/ etc. on top of the unprotected Batman, possibly miles away.

x_danny_x
Some of you are saying that the Heat Ray Superman will use it far away, well he has no problems using it close to Batman and Batman continue on fighting

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/multimedia/Wallpaper-Images/Superman-v-Batman.jpg

http://www.jeanshow.hpg.ig.com.br/wall_BatmanSuperman.jpg

Mainstream
Superman at the receiving end of a Batman fist....gotta love it!

who?-kid
Batman wins, unless very bad writing is involved : a Kryptonite-ring carrying Batman waiting in his fortified batcave, after months of planning, to surprise the Man of Steel - who of course will be more than happy to walk right into the death trap without using even once his superior mind...

That's a scenario for the die hard Batman fans wink

Why does Batman always gets large amounts of preptime and modern technology, while his opponent gets... well, absolutely nothing ?!

Mainstream
kid who...you the man (assuming you are male) Batman is constantly thinking and would never...and I mean never let Superman beat him. If Batman had to take Superman down he would. Superman knows it and would be honored to get his ass kicked by the dark knight thank you and good day to all.

who?-kid
Well, one can always dream big grin

Mainstream
Batman must have time to prepare...I mean it's the Batman way. you don't think he can beat Superman by just talking...."Clark, please I don't want to fight you." Can't we all just get along. Pleeeeeeeeese.

David Duchovony
The bottom line is Batman with prep-time, an array of gadgets and on top of his mental and physical game could not beat a Superman who anticipates this assault, on top of his game, using all his powers and not holding back at all. Hell, I think Bats with 2 months prep-time could not topple the man of steel. I mean even if he fashions a suit out of synthetic or pure Kryptonite and Superman delivers a blow using superspeed, no games, he's as dead as a doornail.

demigawd
Actually, I never read Wizard, but I guess great minds think alike.

As for "straight up fight" - that means if Superman was on one side of the room and Batman was on the other side of the room, and some magical referee said, "Last man standing wins!"...Batman would lose. Horribly. Terribly. Even with a K-ring, he'd lose. And people overestimate the power of a K-ring - it's not instant death or paralysis. Superman becomes rapidly weaker, but he'd be able to flick Batman away and knock him out before the kryptonite even began to take effect. There's simply no way Batman would win in straight combat. He'd have to trick Supes somehow into coming into a kryptonite room or attacking him via remote control or some other kind of unleveled form of attack.

There's simply no other way.

OtterVomit
Again, its already happened. And in 2 of the three times, Batman was in his fifties and suffering from heart problems. All 3 times Batman rocked Superman's world, because he's always known that someday he might have to. The second time this happened, he sent Supes into a shameful seclusion in the fortress of solitude that Wonder Woman had to go and get him out of.

nigel45
"Again, its already happened. And in 2 of the three times, Batman was in his fifties and suffering from heart problems. All 3 times Batman rocked Superman's world, because he's always known that someday he might have to. The second time this happened, he sent Supes into a shameful seclusion in the fortress of solitude that Wonder Woman had to go and get him out of."

That's true, but a large portion of that is coming from the writer. Frankly, it wouldn't be that interesting to see Superman defeat Batman, because anyone who's not blinded by their love for Bats knows that he SHOULD go down. And I don't care if you've prepared your entire life for it, if Superman attacks you at full speed, you'll be dead before you know the fight started.

And Superman isn't just going to go running into a trap. He's not going to be like "RAAHHR SUPES SMASH" and barge into the Batcave.

David Duchovony
It's not a question Batman can beat supes, he can. I don't think he can kill him but its more an issue of why Batman fans (which I am) think Supes CAN'T beat Batman at all!!!

x_danny_x
tell that to the writers who made Batman defeat Superman with a whole lot of thinking to do it. 3 TIMES!!!!

As I went to find out more about the 3 battles with Superman I found out that It wasnt no walk in the park even with the K-Ring for Batman to defeat Superman. He frequently had to think and think and think he did to defeat Superman cause he knows pratically Superman can just kill him in one shot!

Okay about the Superman being prepared also, well I dont know but Superman did a blasted good job fighting Batman with the K-Ring. He was prepared the way it looked to me and was using his brain when battleing batman.

When it comes to Brain power though I have to give to Batman. He just finds as a way like the DC writers have said so by making Batman win somehow. It is a like Chess game, Batman is the better Chess player.

Mainstream
Batman can do it..and has..with his legendary prep time he is almost impossible to be..sure he is just a man but a highly skilled man who has a nack for making the odds roll in his favor.

who?-kid
Yes, I agree. Can Batman beat Superman ? Probably, with luck, technology and months of preptime and a shitload of kryptonite rings.

But can Superman beat Batman ? Well duh, of course he can, he doesn't even has to leave his favorite chair.

SarKastic_OJ
You guy's are still giving Batman too much credit, like someone said above Superman beating Batman is the "obvious" almost automatic response when coming to terms with a versus battle. I mean ones leagues stronger, more versatile and has too many advantages to his name. The writers goal is to "surprise" the reader and give them a creative perception on the battle, thus Batman winning.

Trust me, I saw Batman beat the Hulk once and we all KNOW the hulk would D-E-S-T-R-O-Y Batman, screw logic and intellectualism..Batman is indeed smart BUT we all know Superman could physically disembowl(nasty word) Batman before Bruce's brain would develop diarrhea..

I said it before and I'll say it again, Batman will and always will be second to Superman in every aspect, whether it be defeating more powerful foes, being more popular, or just plain kicking the others butt Superman is DC's #1 hero and that statement alone says it all. Face it, shallow as it sounds its the gawd awful truth....

Mainstream
It would seem to me you are giving Superman far too much credit OJ.

who?-kid
This is so true...

Mainstream
I must disagree..Superman is the number #2 hero...it's clear that the guy that has a base in a cave is the number #1 hero and icon.

who?-kid
Wrong again. I'm not a Superman fan lol, but let's be honest, if there ever was a superhero icon, it's Superman. Not Tarzan, not Zorro, not D'Artagnan, not Robin Hood, not Willem Tell, but Superman.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>