Actors for Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

poncho73
Who should be considered for Tony Stark? These are some actors people are suggesting. What do you think.

poncho73
Sorry this was s'pose to be a poll. The names were:
David Boreanaz
Johnny Depp
Keanu Reeves
Michael weatherly
Jim Caviezel

ScarletSpider
Keanu Reeves is a big NO.

I'd probably go for a no-name actor, much like they did with Wolverine. No one knew who Hugh Jackman was, but now he's a supahstah.

Either that or Depp, can't go wrong with him. Though he seems kind of small, but that's why Stark puts the suit on, he's not a super soldier, just a handsome nerd with some badass tech.

Spawnie
None of the above, I'm sorry but I don't see it.

ayjay
who said hugh jackman wasn't known?? HE WAS KNOWN!....but yeeh...x-men launched him i guess.....

whobdamandog
I thought Tom Cruise was going to be playing Tony. I believe at one point his production company was currently working on a script.

poncho73
Oh man I hope not. Flighty Billionaire drunk, maybe. Sharp designer/ industrialist? NO WAY!!! Tom Cruise doesn't do the distinguished gentleman thing. He has that "can't be serious" thing about him.
No matter if they do settle on airing Tony's demons, they still have to keep with the fact that Tony is a self made Billionaire. That takes more than luck

HarmonicFlo88
Go watch Mission Impossible. Tom Cruise is perfect for it.

Spawnie
Read here: http://www.efavata.com/CBM/IronMan.htm

I hope Tom won't be Iron Man because that would seriously suck.

pr1983
cruise would be shit as tony...

physically, the dude from resident evil apocalypse could do it maybe...

Paola
have any pics, Paul?

whobdamandog
Sing it with me now people..Tony stark..makes you feel...he's an Ad exec with a heart of steel.....uhhhh...anyway..do you mean the dude from Resident Evil 2..the one who plays Carlos? If your talking about him than I would have to agree about him looking the part..he's got that pretty boy Industrialist type feel..but his acting is a little stiff...I think it might just be better for the producers to cast an unknown like a Chris Reeves, Hugh Jackman, or Tobey Maguire..

whobdamandog
I just had a thought..Jim Caviezel..(The Passion)..as Tony..What do you think?

whobdamandog
Blair Underwood..as James Rhodes..hmm..whatcha think?

pr1983
sure paola...

whobdamandog
lol..damb..I didn't realize you had caviezel listed on the poll..

radioboy121
If he was only younger, I would have said Tom Selleck.

TheFilmProphet
Just as I first suggested in the "Iron Man Movie Discussion' thread way back. His name is Oded Fehr.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306591&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

pr1983
i know proph... just reminding everyone...

Spawnie
yeah that guy played in the Mummy, and Duce bigalow. He could be Iron Man that I can handle. Nice suggestion!

poncho73
Saw it. Still not seeing it. Cruise isn't right. Fortunately he seems to be busy. Small miracle stick out tongue

poncho73
NP.. That was just some of the ones that i have heard of. In the fact you mentioned that they should use a seemingly unknown, or an up-and-comer, one of the guys mentioned in a link post by Spawnie, was Simon Rex. After I went and looked him up, I remembered him from scary movie 3. He was the one who did that 8 mile KKK bit. He, I could except.
Oh, you mentioned blair underwood for Rhodes. I don't know, maybe that might work.

poncho73
I hope that Iron man doesn't look like this.

Spawnie
I think they might use the suit from the ultimate series, that would be more movie like, but still I saw the mask of the suit that actually looks like the original. Well, all of you know that in the process of preparing for the movie the costume goes through lots of changes kso who knows. It's to soon to say what it will look like.

poncho73
is this thread still alive?

Arachnoidfreak
Yeeeess! That guy from The Mummy is perfect man. PERFECT.

And if Tom Selleck was like 10 years younger he would be the definition of Tony Stark.

crazyspinz
antonio bandaress = perfect stark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.