War Of The Machines!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Discuss everything involving the War Of The Machines here! gunsmilie

eggmayo
Is this the new, T4 movie?

vvvrulz
I think he means more in general.

What i'm curious about is how quickly they managed to devastate the world, thats a fair bit of nuclear warhead power needed there !

eggmayo
At the end of T-3 you saw nuclear missiles hitting into every major city of Earth, that is some major-scale destruction, coupled with the H-K bots.

TheFilmProphet
Basically those missiles were hitting everything cities, islands, etc. I'm surprised there were even any survivors after such mass destruction.

Yes I did, I probably should have made that a little more clear in my first post.

vvvrulz
The possibilites of such an event aren't totally unreal it seems to me. If those warheads get into the wrong hands...

TheFilmProphet
True, I agree.

It would be possible in some way or another.

Konjammenson
Not only that, but there is a major plot whole there. In T2 it is revealed that SkyNet will launce nukes on Russia and allow the Russian couter attack to take out the US targets. Never would it have launced nukes straight up in the air and let them fall back down on just random areas. Were talking about a strategy program here; not some gobbled up mess of things.

It is also unlikely that the entire world just has a bunch of single nukes in random places on the map like that. Nukes are in groups and placed in positions for strategic attack.

vvvrulz
Thats actually very true, I never picked it up. T2 had a far more logical explanation for the mass destruction compared with the random kamikaze's we saw at the end of T3.

Cinemaddiction
We'll adopt this is the General Terminator Discussion Thread.

TheFilmProphet
Some very good points there.

SlickRick69
The T2 'global nuclear war' strategy was altered by the interference of Sarah, John, and T-800 vs T-1000.. that's why Skynet didn't attack Russia in T3, it changed strategy, attacking key/ 'random' targets in the US and elsewhere.

Ever time the humans interfere and win, it alters the possible future timeline slightly, so the next movie has to come along and explain the minor alterations, up to and until they reach the 'final' dates mentioned throughout the history of things to come, either 2029 or 2032...

who knows what happens after 2032, when the humans supposedly finally conquer Skynet and take the world back from the machines..

well, I know, since I wrote it, but, who else knows??

we'll see...

TheFilmProphet
Those sound like some interesting theories and ideas.

vvvrulz
The other day i visted a factory packed with hardout artificial intelligence, I couldn't help but think that "hey, one day this will evolve into something like the terminator! "

TheFilmProphet
When and if it does evolve into something similar then we might indeed have a War Of The Machines on our hands.

vvvrulz
I'm not sure whether to be amazed or terrified.

TheFilmProphet
Perhaps both,

Konjammenson
i for one will be terrified

vvvrulz
Still, you gotta admire the magnitude of it all.

TheFilmProphet
I would most likely be amazed, shocked, inspired, surprised, intrigued, and then after all of that I would probably fear for my life.

vvvrulz
Yeah fear would definately kick in at some point.

pr1983
i'd be out fighting the b*stards... no time for fear...

vvvrulz
Sure, round up enough people to make a decent fist of it, sounds good to me.

stingray005
I still don't get how Judgment day even started if they destroyed the last Skynet chip in T2. I really have to watch those movies again!

SkyNet 0.2
I cant post links yet but there is a site called "goingfaster.com" and it has tons of info on Skynet. It also says that countries like Australia where never nukd. Which mean the machines would have had to fight them amy to army. what do you guys think about that?

alic88
really? was that information taken from the terminator books? because i would like to see a link of that, how skynet would launch their attack on the humans. as stated in t2, they would start bombing russia first if i am not wrong. can u please give me the link SKYNET

TheFilmProphet
Here is the link that Skynet 0.2 was speaking of, http://www.goingfaster.com/term2029/skynet.html

SkyNet 0.2
Yeah thats the link but It won't let me post links on this forum yet for some reason sad

Its an interesting story dou.

TheFilmProphet
You are unable to post links because you haven't posted enough on KMC yet, its their way of eliminating spammers.

Your right though, its a very interesting article of information.

Ahnold
Originally posted by stingray005
I still don't get how Judgment Day even started if they destroyed the last skynet chip in T2. I really have to watch those movies again!

This is my interpretation of what happens in the movies. This is just what I think, though; I may be completely wrong ...

Timeline 1: There are no incursions into the past. In this timeline, Judgement Day happens in 2003 {which is, I assume, when T3 is set}. In this version of events, John Connor is not the son of Kyle Reese {bear with me here, people}. In 2032, the original T-800 is sent back to 1984 to terminate John Connor; Kyle Reese is also sent back in time ...

Timeline 2: In the altered 1984, Kyle Reese defeats the Terminator and fathers John Connor before dying himself. There is also another major disruption to the timeline: cyberdyne systems are able to recover the chip and the arm from the T-800 ...

Armed with this new technology {and with the help of Miles Dyson}, skynet is developed faster than it was in timeline 1. Now, Judgement Day occurs in August 1997 instead. Fortunately, another T-800 is sent back to 1994 {which I believe is when T2 is set}, and helps Sarah and John Connor to destroy cyberdyne systems. With its destruction, the latter part of timeline 1 is restored, and skynet now once again becomes self-aware in 2003 {which is what we see happen in T3}.

Now, I know what you're thinking; how can I possibly say that Kyle Reese wasn't always John Connor's father? To say that he was always his father, in any timeline of events, suggests a temporal paradox; T3 has disproved the notion of such a paradox {at least within the "Terminator" universe}. It showed us that, even with the arm and the chip destroyed, Judgement Day still eventually happened; therefore, skynet could not have been created due to such a paradox. That makes me think that John Connor may not have been either ...

TheFilmProphet
Thats a very intriguing theory, worthy of plenty discussion and thought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.