Book Help???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrippingBillie3
Yaaaa......so I have no idea why but for some reason I always have the hardest time finding good books to read.....almost every book my teaches make me read SUCK! But I love all of Tolkein's work and have also read all of the Harry Potter books. I've read some Anne Rice, but found that there wasn't enough action. I'm looking for books with great fantasy or lots of action (both is great). Also, any book that has a really good message behind it and you feel is really well written. Please anyone help me with this BIG problem!!

Also......if you have any good methods on how you find great books that would be nice too thanks...........

Tripping Billie

Storm
You might have a bigger response here: Book Discussion Forum wink

MornGlory
read: Invisible Monster - by Chuck Palenchuck

Exabyte
Try Tad Williams or Sara Douglass smile or Wolfgang Hohlbein, if his books have been translated to English stick out tongue

ash23
the Black Magicain Trilogy by Trudi Canavan
The Gift by Alison Croggon
The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan
The Sevenwaters Trilogy by Julliete Marillier

all very good fantasy... not sure i've spelled the authors right, hope it helps you...

Miss Laurie
yeah i loved "The Gift" by Allison Croggon. The second is out this month some time and i definately recommend the series

Dizzle
A lot of Forgotten Realms stuff is really good too. I love RA Salvatore, and I'm still working on the Elminster series by Ed Greenwood. Supposedly the stuff concerning Khelben and the Cormyr sagas are excellent as well (haven't read them myself yet)

I like Garth Nix too. And the aforementioned Wheel of Time.

big gay kirk
Read 1984 by George Orwell before some teacher ruins it for you....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.