USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE II (LIGHT SIDE)- Arms Race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak
Part One- Testing Ground

Coruscant, the Jedi Temple

You are currently in one of the quiet reading rooms of the Temple- presumably quite a large one! Here you are waiting before being summoned to the Council Chamber to meet the Council. Trorn, liaison to the Jedi Council, is with you, and can answer any questions you have for now.

As noted above, this is a good time to talk about your experiences with each other, and for new players to get adjusted.

And yes, this is a short introduction, because it is not actually the beginning of a new story.

So get to it!

Jedi Priestess
Cool! eek! And I'll take forsight Ush.

Red X
Ill take Instinct and Dreams.

"Bloody hell!" stated Vlad. "Everybody completed their investigations... Exept me and Marcus! Damnit!" said Vlad.

Ushgarak
One only Vlad!

Red X
Dreams.

Fire
Instincts (and thinking of getting my force rating to drop one for the rest of the adventure that would mean from 15 to 14 right ush (I got 15 from the +1 with lvl 2 wisdom of the force)?)

Ushgarak
That is plus one to your pool, not your rating. It would leave your pool at 14 but your Force rolls at 13.

Fire
okie so I would still have as much pool it would just all be harder to do?

Ushgarak
Err, basically.

Fire
nah leave it about spending the point just go for instincts for me

Red X
~... Comeone they take away some of the force pool... That sucks~

"Soooo... Wheres the council?" asked Vlad.

Fire
"The council is probably discussing a matter of great importance Vlad. They will summone us when they see fit."

*I walk over to the renegades, with a bit of pain still lingering in my left leg* (with a warm smiley on my face): "Roan, Xeth I am glad to see you r mission worked out fine. I heard it was a tough one but you seem to have managed quite alright."

*Then I walk over to Gundark* "Kellan it's good to see you again, as you have probably heard my meeting with Balek didn't go so well if it were not for young Vilpa and Vlad I would not have been here today."

*turns to vilpa and says with a voice, loud enough for Clarion and Gundark to hear* "You did great Vilpa, you did what I asked when I asked it of you. You showed bravery in a life threating situation I am very proud of you."

Red X
Vlad puts a hand on Vilpas shoulder "Not to get any mushy or anything, but his right!" said Vlad.

Delfedd
hm...

dreams

(yay! first action... ever!

Jedi Priestess
Clarion arches a fine brow in Marcus's direction, although she is aware of the fact that Marcus is an esteemed Jedi Master, there are times that she secretly finds his way of putting things insufferable. "Master Marcus, so good to see you here thanks to Vilpa." states Clarion, smiling sweetly.

Bespin Bart
Xeth shakes Master Marcus' hand, returning a warm smile in a Geonosian sense, probably quite disturbing to all others.

"Yes, it was a toughy, that mission. Not nearly as dangerous as our old days chasin' the Dark Jedi!" Xeth chuckles, patting Marcus on the shoulder.

Xeth approaches Master Clarion, not really sure what to expect and certainly devoid of the knowledge that she is a Jedi Master. "I don't believe we've met, miss. Xeth Tam, at your service!"

(That'll be Dreams for Xeth.)

Delfedd
*Delfedd's black cloak swishes across the floor as he steps foward Master marcus. Rolling his eyes, he bows and says* i do not believe we have met. I am Delfedd (see my name?) and I have been working with Xeth for a bit. Perhaps you have heard of me?

Tptmanno1
*To Marcus*
"Xeth is right, but strange stuff we've run into huh?"
*Roan Spots Clarion and tails Xeth*
"Likewise, I am Roan Trilanger."

bobcrickett
(Jelena requires a Foresight!)

Jelena stands back and observes the going-ons, feeling a tad anti-social due to the fact that the Renegades have returned, with the dark-looking Delfedd and the care-free Xeth. Very much what she is unused to.

She leans up against the wall, near where Gallagher is probably meditating.

Fire
(OOC: JP what is it that clarion, or yourself, finds wrong about Marcus trying to install some confidence into Vilpa, cause that was the only reason why he said it so loud, to make sure vilpa noticed that marcus wanted the other masters to hear it? It has nothing to to do with showing off how good my padawan is)

"No Delfedd I haven't heard of you."

Delfedd
Hm. I guess i really haven't made much of a reputation for myself (even tho i did take it). I expect more will know about me.

Fire
(Ooc: sorry haven't looked at your sheet yet and Marcus doesn't care too much for renegades just ask Xeth and Roan)

"You seem like a strong and decent lad however. We need all the jedi we can find in these troubled times even if they do not wish to accept the will of the council totaly."

Alkaselzer
(I think renegades just don't like you, Marcus, xcept for Xeth)

(Dreams, using a point on it)

Gallagher opens his eyes to observe everyone physically, rather than mentally, then casts his gaze over to Jelena.

"I take it you find Xeth, Clarion, and Delfedd a tad beyond your tastes?"

Fire
(well right back at them back Alka very rough start with Xeth tho)

Delfedd
What? I'm afraid I don't know what you're taling about sir

Tptmanno1
(Nope not a renagade, Straight up type A adventurer, thats why I was incharge of the mission.)

Delfedd
(wait... i don't know your name amending it)

Bespin Bart
(Tpt is Roan, and I'm a nice guy, right Marcus? big grin )

Ushgarak
Trorn (an Acolyte, after all) is sensing a certain amount of tension in this room...

"So, what do you make of this business then?" he asks, in the hope of getting you all distracted by complaining about the real enemy.

Delfedd
Um... its all rather confusing. I mean... pirates? the techno union? it just doesn't make sense.

Fire
"It is all highly suspicious and it could cause great harm to the republic"

"I never suspected Balek to attack Jedi in republic space, the forces behind this are very determined"

Tptmanno1
"Strange stuff, We find out that pirates are being mind controled then come back to find that much more is going on here.... Don't know what to make of it..."

Delfedd
Yes, Xeth informed me of this. Perhaps there is another player in this masive game of holo chess

Fire
"Well the only clear indication we have know is the VP of the Techno Union. But I see no motivation in this for him so chances are indeed great there are more."

slasherpunk18
~I'll use instincts Ush.~

Dan Peacebringer had just awakened in his quarters.He got ready and walked to where the other jedi were discussing the situation that Dan knew little of.
He payed his respect to each jedi in turn before speaking.
"May someone please inform me of this task I am about to participate in?I feel that I will be able to serve the council better if I knew the situation."

Delfedd
OOC were not sure if ur a jedi or renegade.

slasherpunk18
(I'm a jedi knight.my profiles on the archive.)

Jedi Priestess
Clarion nods her head at Xeth as a greeting. She also stands off to one side observing.

(Fire baby, just Clarions way hun no offense meant. wink )

Red X
Vlad found himself looking at Xeth. Minding the "Jedi" manners he walked up and held out a hand "VLad Shafran!" introduced thyself Vlad.

Bespin Bart
(After watching The Terminal, I'm considering Xeth having a Russian accent... stick out tongue )

Xeth shakes Vlad's hand. "So, you saved Master Marcus's life, eh? Good job, lad! I wouldn't want my good friend Marcus to die at the hands of that Balek bastard."

"Speaking of whom, we should find him...eventually."

Tptmanno1
Genosian with a russian Accent?
SOudns wierd...

Fire
(I knew that JP, atleast I thoughtn so, but I find that I can enjoy the games more if I understand the other characters their motivation smile)

jaybee3
Lorn rolled out of bed to the sound of people muttering between themselves. Well, I might as well go and socially interact. He thought to himself as he got dressed and donned his lightsaber. He prodded on the terminal next to his door, which resulted in it sliding back momentarily later. Lorn then proceeded to stride down the corindors of the temple until he arrived at the source of the rabble.

"Hi, I don't think I've met any of you before. Lorn Harbringer is my name." Lorn adressed the nearest group to him. They seem friendly enough, I might finally talk to someone after years of solitude. He chuckled to himself.

OOC: I'll take instincts, thanx.

Fire
"Yes Xeth we will probably meet Balek again, tho I am starting to wonder why he grew so bold all of a sudden. Maybe we'll find him outside of republic space. I doubt he will ever again show his face within the republic."

Fire
*Turns to Lorn* "Greetings young one. I am Jedi Master Marcus and these are...... (completes the entire list going: masters, knights, renegades, padawans)"

Ushgarak
Actually, Lorn, you wouldn't be here unless asked; you are being assigned to this mission.

Trorn answers his communicator at this point, and looks momentarily taken aback, before acknowledging and turning to you guys.

"Change of plan," he says. "It seems we are to proceed to the Supreme Chancellor's Offices."

Jedi Priestess
"Argh, this guy again?" Clarion thinks to herself as she starts to move towards the door.

Fire
Hmm this doesn't happen every day I wonder what's going on
"We'd better be on our way then"

Ushgarak
Damn it, Marcus, that means this one has become political. You KNEW that was going to happen, as soon as Ryamore's position came up. These people are very powerful in the Republic.

Fire
Ooh great it'll be about procedures and stuff now, Why can't they just let us do our job they way it was ment to be done.

Ushgarak
Well, having a Law skill makes you able to supply the answer to that, Marcus. It's because if the Jedi are seen to have a partisan position in pursuing some sort of vendetta against a Galactic institution, any case you make would be inadmissable and the Jedi themselves would come under the legal spotlight.

A case like this has to be on eggshells.

Fire
(yeey)

Red X
~I speak Total Russian, I was born in Russia...~

"Well... So the Techno Union Huh"

Delfedd
*Delfedd rolls his eyes.* Politics eh? Hm. I dislike politicians. Shifty as a gungan on a frying pan.

Bespin Bart
(Awesome! Krokozhia doesn't exist, right?)

"I thought the Council decided that we were not to work with the Chancellor again? He's a decent man and all, but last time he sent us on a suicide mission!"

"I must admit though, it was a fun suicide mission..."

Tptmanno1
"suicide is the right term. Politics, Damn waste of time sqabbling while we could be getting something done."

Fire
"Now now everybody calm down and let's just hear the chancellor out"

Red X
"Joined the Jedi Order at the age of 16, from 1-16 I was a Renegade who knew how to master a saber" said Vlad "...Politions... Are just... Too "Political!"" added VLad. "Who wants an apple?" he also asked as he took out a few apples under his robes and bit one.

Tptmanno1
"Your right as Usual Master, I guess we should go see wht he wants"

Red X
"Ill take that as a yes." said Vlad to Roan as he threw him an apple.

Bespin Bart
(Vlad, you STILL are not a Renegade, you are a Knight!)

(XETH is a Renegade...)

Xeth catches the apple in midair with his reflexes and tosses it back at Vlad. "Disgusting things, apples. You should try eating the dry, crisp fruit that we grow on Geonosis. They are very much like yams, but have the texture of dried plantains..."

Red X
(Yeah, I never said Im a renegade... I was just summarising my Occupation in my biography...)

Vlad dodges, and the apple lands at a what seemed expensive vase, making it fall. "I didnt do it!" said Vlad as he tossed the apples out the window for no evidence he did it.

Tptmanno1
'Interesting, No I'm good accually Vlad..."

Bespin Bart
Xeth merely raises an eyebrow in Vlad's direction.

(Yes, but you summarized that you were a Renegade, and you did not join the Order at 16! They only accept you at...like...2!)

Ushgarak
He's right, Vlad, you couldn't be that old.

"Obviously," says Trorn, "the Council never had any objection to people working for the Chancellor. he's the Chancellor- our entire mandate is to work for him. I think I should remind you that the Order is a servant of the Republic. We are not our own Masters. We serve the people, and we serve them through the democratic process. Anything else is abuse of power. That process gives us the Senators and the Chancellor. Never forget that we have no right to assume power just because we exist. We are given it, by the politicians who represent the people.

"The Council's objection was purely for Jedi being used in fruitless and destructive missions to hunt down Dark Siders, and the Chancellor has been very co-operative in forming an alternative solution to that issue.

"In any case, the mission isn't being hijacked. The reason we are going to his offices is because that is where Masters Yoda, Windu and Mundi are. This mission is of intense significance and discussion with the Chancellor is the proper way to proceed."

Tptmanno1
"Blast, We must have run into something big. WEll I don't like the throught of keeping Master Windu waiting, we should probably go."

Delfedd
Fruitless eh? I guess Xeth will like that, there being no apples.

(i'm a renegade)

Red X
"Master Yoda? Master Windu? Roans right... THis is big" said Vlad. "Lets not keep them waiting."

~How much years does it take to be a Jedi Knight? Like 8/9 right?~

Delfedd
OOC Yeah about that. Obi wan took longer. 21 years i beleve

BIC Fine. I'm not looking foward to it. *Stalks off towards the chancelors ofice*

Red X
~Yeah, but not to learn the skills of a Jedi Knight with a lightsaber, cuz Vlad already had them from being a renegade, just to get the rank.

Delfedd
~um... sure.

i'm so glad i had this excelent insight into the workings of the game.

Jedi Priestess
Clarion strolls down the corridor on the way to the Chancellors office deep in thought. No good can come of this meeting I fear.

slasherpunk18
Dan Peacebringer observed the scene,staying fairly silent.Merely trying to get a grasp of what the situation was.
He agreed with the jedi who implied that politicians are not to be trusted.
Dan thought very little of them and thought that they were all corrupt.
As far as he was concerned,the only advice he could trusat were that of his fellow jedi and the council.

bobcrickett
Jelena slips away from the group and heads to the meditation chambers.

(Care if I visit my master?)

Red X
(LoL... I think its better to hear out what.. My master sais.)

Vlad followed Clarion to the Chancellors office. After the meeting, he needed to ask Windu how he was doing....

Fire
"Vlad don't pull that stunt with the apples again"

jaybee3
Lorn voiced his opinions on what he thought of politicians and decided to give a fairly sitting-on-the-fence-to-upset-nobody view that although he didn't particulary like them he thought they were necessary for the general populus and also the jedis. Without them, he wouldn't have an authoratative power to undergo investigations.

Then before he could hear a retaliation of his views, he slipped away from the group into a nearby coriddor and headed for the Chancellors office, performing backflips down the corridor as he went.

Fire
(JB it is more fun if you actualy type what Lorn is saying smile)

Ushgarak
Yes, I do care- absolutely not! You are under instructions to see the Chancellor!

Today, the Senate House is an ednless hive of activity. Normally busy, the recent events have hyped up the machinations of the Government to steroid-filled levels, as senior Civil Servants run down the corridors, dealing with the bureaucratic fall-out caused by the assassination attempts, and now the removal of the Viceroy to Seronno, a direct assault on Coruscant's ability to maintain order in its own back yard.

The Jedi are under criticism too. Your mission to protect the Viceroy seemed very prone to failure. Those of who who dislike politicians may wish to appreciate that they are the only way to defend yourselves sagainst such problems. The public mood is ugly.

But around the Supreme Chancellor's offices... silence. An aura of calm and order surrounds it. Senatorial guards nod to your rather substantial party as you arrive, and after some quick security checks, let you in.

As in AOTC, the senior Jedi are seated in front of the Chancellor's desk. He himself is currently looking pensively out of the window. The mood is thoughtful. Yoda takes a side glance at all of you, looking grumpy as ever. Windu sits with his fingers lightly touching each other. Mundi takes it upon himself to act as diplomat.

"Ah, here they all are now," he says, in his careful, measured tones. "We are sorry to call you here at such short notice, but the nature of this case has pre-empted somewhat of a political crisis. It is not easy to see if there is any way to investigate any of it. We have read your reports and have discussed the situation with the Chancellor, but we are... uneasy.

"We are not entirely sure what there is to be reasonably done at this point."

Fire
*bows* "Greetings Chancellor, Masters. The short notice is not a problem we are at the councils command as always."

(Ush they expecting input from as at this time?)

Ushgarak
Yup.

Delfedd
*Delfedd bows to the masters* perhaps if we found who was trying to murder the viceroy and the jedi who passed into the pirates turf, we'd find a connection.

Ushgarak
"The Viceroy's would-be assassins are dead," says Windu, speaking up. "As is the pirate leader near Anzat. The assailant on Neimodia was Jor Balek, a problem of old for us but now disappeared without a trace.

"All of these people were tools. It is in trying to uncover their organisers that we run into difficluties. Especially as the chief suspect you have presented to us is a Vice-President of the Techno-Union."

"Carlan Ryamore is not only a Vice-President," says Palpatine, not turning. "He is the Director of the Union's Outer Region sales. Probably the number three man in the entire organisation. Entire lobby groups of Senators are in the pocket of this man. I cannot stress strongly enough just how delicate this matter is."

jaybee3
"Excuse my intervention but 'Outer region' sounds more like black market if you ask me." Said Lorn Synically on the matter at hand, speaking up for the first time. "Do we know who he has been supplying to? Albeit Carlan has a wide net under which he could sell, if we find records of any dubious activities then surely that would give us a clue into anyone who might hold something against him."

Jedi Priestess
"Judging by the way our foe has covered his tracks to date, I would say it's unlikely there are any records to find." states Clarion. "Perhaps we could send Someone inside their organization?"

Fire
(oki JB you lost me what do you think he is selling on the blackmarket?)

jaybee3
(Brain Implants for the slaves)

Fire
(okie I'll have to read the conclusion of the slaves thingy again cause I don't see hwo the Techno Union would be sellnig those on the black market)

jaybee3
(Don't take me for golden, i'm new. I was just suggesting possible links)

Fire
(now Ush did we find out who made those brain implants in the first place?)

Delfedd
sure.

Fire
"I for one am still wondering about Carlan his motives. I mean what does he have to gain from this whole situation?"

Ushgarak
Well, Roan has has some samples of the chips analysed. They certainly COULD have come from the Union. Unfortunately that proves bugger all; the Techno Union supplies some 3/4s of companies that do anything with technology. The chips might have been simply assembled from purchased Union parts.

"Outer Region" means the area outside the central part of the Republic. The Techno Union has several sales directors, but the Outer Region is the single largest sales area. In fact, the Union has a virtual monopoly out there; worlds that far out tend to be much more backwards than the Core Worlds, and depend on technology imports to keep up. The Union meets that supply; the person in charge of that has a major job.

However Roan's problem demonstrated the main issue. The Viceroy's assassins are most likely Techno Union security- but it is not as if they were carrying id cards. Roan and Xeth's entire suspicions are based on a tip off- the source is trusted, but that's not proof. Marcus and Vlad- all they have is a photo that shows Carlan was interested in Trade Federation business.

All of you have cause to believe he's the man. All of you instinctively feel you are on to something. But none of you have proper evidence!

You have been offered one motive- Xeth's contacts in the Taloranians believe the Techno-Union is supplying new weapons technology- like the brain implants- to dubious soruces in order to test their effectiveness. They are certain that is why the battle droids were let slip to the Hutts two years ago, and think the pattern is repeating now. Successful tests could certainly boost Ryamore's sales margins. And he seems to be involved in political machinations on Neimodia that COULD involve him in the plot to kill the Viceroy... hard to say.

But you are certainly missing bits of this puzzle, Marcus- your Intuition is sure of that.

Nit a bad idea, Clarion- but you might want to talk to Xeth about what has happened to those who tired before you. Sadly, at this point, you have no time to set up an undercover operation, nor could you get authorisation without evidence. These contacts of Xeth interest you though, Clarion- they do not seem averse to action in the name of justice, even if it is of fuzzy legality. The Council, of course, is straight as an arrow.

"On the other hand," says Windu, "too much has happened, and we have had too many indications of malfeasans, for us to simply ignore it."

Palpatine finally tuens and sits. Normally, he is amiable and jolly and sociable, and whilst he still wears a smile, he is speaking in deadly earnest this time.

"If you launch an investigation into Ryamore with no direct evidence, his political allies will launch a legal challenge. You will be surprised how quick the Courts will suddenly become if they do, and the investigation will be shut down. I do not speak in praise of what will happen. I am merely pointing out the truth. Large parts of the Republican bureaucracy that took power over the ladt 100 years, I am yet to dislodge from their positions."

Fire
"So since we evidently can't go after Carlan without further evidence. I assume we will need to find more evidence, tho it won't be easy. Or do you have another idea in mind?"

Jedi Priestess
Clarion agrees with Master Marcus. Perhaps we could find a way to talk to Xeth's associates?

Ushgarak
Pretty shady guys. Still, Xeth has the contact, so he can make use of it.

Jedi Priestess
Is it a feasible plan?

Ushgarak
To talk to them? Sure- but they won't supply more info than you already have, they did all that alrwady. They might offer Xeth some adivce, but the last thing they asked him to do was to make sure that the Jedi launch an investigation! Hence his presence.

Jedi Priestess
Hmmmmm how do we launch an investigation, if we are being told that such an investigation would lead to legal difficulties?

Ushgarak
Good question, which is basically what I am asking you.

jaybee3
We should launch a second investigation behind the first one

Jedi Priestess
<needs a little time to think on this>

Ushgarak
"But if the investigation had the support of the Supreme Chancellor..." says Mundi.

"As I have explained, Mundi, that would be dangerous. Even with the Naboo angle removed from being a direct conflict of interest from me, I still appear to have a dangerously partisan stance on this issue. I myself am not immune to political sanction."

jaybee3
Is there anyone that is immune that would allow us to undergoe the investiagtion without threat, and without the full amount of evidense necessary?

Fire
"What if a larger number of senators would agree with an investigation?"

Jedi Priestess
"Indeed Marcus", Clarion muses

Ushgarak
Not that you know of, Lorn.

"That could be possible," says Palpatine, "but it could also take months. In the short term, I could not guarantee any support that would last for more than a few days before the whole issue became called to account."

Jedi Priestess
"perhaps we could draw them out?" asks Clarion.

Ushgarak
Draw who exactly, Jp?

Jedi Priestess
<the bad guys Ush>

Ushgarak
"Well, if you have an idea," says the Chancellor, "I am listening..."

Jedi Priestess
"These people seem to be trying to create some kind of ill will towards the Republic, what we need is bait."

Ushgarak
"They are unlikely to come forth when they are coming close to being exposed, I suspect," says Mundi.

Jedi Priestess
"Not even for something they want badly?" questions Clarion.

Ushgarak
"Did you have anything in mind?"

Jedi Priestess
"Master Marcus, what is you opinion on this?" asks Clarion.

Fire
"It's a risky plan, it might work tho. I am with Master Mundi on this...
The chance that we A find something they really want and need and B are able to catch them when they try and get it is pretty small in m opinion.3

Ushgarak
"I cannot help but agree," says Palpatine. "If your suspicions are correct, then the Union will be trying to dispose of all evidence. To get anything worthwhile, you will have to go to them, and quickly. But you cnanot just barge in with warrants and demands without evidence."

jaybee3
What about a covert mission to try an locate some evidence within the union?

Ushgarak
(mentioned above, Lorn)

Fire
"So it seems like a closed cycle. I am wondering Master Yoda if you please forgive me but what is your view on this matter?"

Red X
Vlad listened to everything silently. "The bait plan sounds ok... But what to they want so badly?" asked VLad.

Ushgarak
"Hmmm..." says Yoda, adding no more.

"If a few days is what we can get," says Windu, "then a few days is what we will have to make use of."

"What possible use could you make of that time?" asks Palpatine.

Tptmanno1
"I have an Idea, What if we launch a side investigation something, that could not be refuted, like an investigation of the mind control chips, and if our hunches pan out and there is a link to the Techno Union, we have a rason for investigating them and if we just happen to find the other stuff were looking for....:

Red X
~Ush, so again the merit: Famous Master does exactly what? Cause I updated my merits... And maybe it could help now?~

"We need to do something... Find more evidence atleast..." said Vlad. "...A few days... I think we should go with the bait plan"

Bespin Bart
(No, I don't think it could help, Red X...)

"So, in those few days that we would be granted, we could launch a small investigation into the implants?"

Fire
(won't help Tidus)

"if we have a few days I guess we will need a lot of manpower, but that seems covered. And we will have to work fast."

Bespin Bart
"Manpower? Hah! United manpower means everything when fighting the Union!" Xeth says. "Two dozen men dead due to saboteurs! All separately, knocked off one by one."

"I promised the Taloranians that I would get an investigation put into this."

Fire
"what the heck are you babling about Xeth"

Ushgarak
"Roan," says Windu, "you don't have anything to investigate with the chips. Without Arazi that entire case is a dead end."

"What ideally would you hope to be able to do, if you had freedom of action?" asks Palpatine.

slasherpunk18
Dan hated that the law was always getting in the way of the jedi's actions,but he still beleived in the republic's way so it must be best.
"I agree with the slave chip investigation,if it looked to have a possible lead in to the investigation we would like to proceed with.But,we must decide on a course of action quickly.I do fear that if we take too long debating then harm amy come to the republic."

slasherpunk18
Dan hated that the law was always getting in the way of the jedi's actions,but he still beleived in the republic's way so it must be best.
"I agree with the slave chip investigation,if it looked to have a possible lead in to the investigation we would like to proceed with.But,we must decide on a course of action quickly.I do fear that if we take too long debating then harm may come to the republic."

~Sorry for the d-post ush,my computer's been really messed up lately.~

Tptmanno1
"Ideally? I really don't know what exactly we wish to find, I guess that is the first thing we need to pin down. Evidence is too general. We need to know exactly what to look for, then we can figure out how to go about getting it."

Bespin Bart
"Master Marcus, you know very well that I was investigating the battle droids slipping over to Shareth! It was the Techno Union's fault that she got those, and Taloraan sent an investigation into it. Two dozen men were sent into the Union...none came out."

"That's why I am still here. I never went in over my head. That is the only thing I would ever thank Kuylen for..."

Delfedd
Wait... you say we need bait? I have a suggestion. you won't like it, but I think it could work.
*Delfedd takes a deep breath*
What if we set You out for bait, Supreme chancellor? They will want you, and once we expose the techno union for what they are, the republic will essentially be united. What say you?

Fire
(sorry BB needed to be OOC my bad)

"My apologzies Xeth, we will see what we can do"
"I agree with Roan until we know exactly what we are looking for any investigation will have no point."
"Delfedd I think the bait plan is already off the table"

Ushgarak
(what on Earth makes you think that they want the Chancellor, Delfedd?)

"Hmm," says Palpatine. "If you made any sort of investigation at all into the Union, how confident are you that you might achieve anything in a short space of time?"

Fire
"Well we will do our best. But I don't think we can be a 100% sure about the outcome. Yet without doing it we would never know."

Ushgarak
"Hmmmm," says Yoda, again. "Speak truly, does Marcus. Nothing to gain, there is, from our inaction."

"Yet much to lose if we press ahead, Master Yoda," says Palpatine, "with so few grounds for investigation and no guarantee of success."

"You could deal with the polticial pressure the Techno-Union would bring to bear," says Windu.

"Perhaps. For a time."

"We could not manage anything approaching a warrant for a team," says Windu, "but in the circumstances, we could arrange a meeting with Ryamore. If some of the Jedi could get their foot in the door, perhaps something would turn up."

"That is a great risk for me to consider acting on..." says Palpatine.

"Yet the results could be more than worth it," says Mundi. Palpatine considers for a moment, and then turns to you guys.

"Very well," says Palpatine. "You people were the ones in the field that saw all this. Convince me that it is worth the risk."

Jedi Priestess
"It should be noted, that something quite strong is amiss here. Master Gundark can attest to that Chancellor. I think the Republic is at high risk from something that should be addressed at this time, before the threat becomes so imminent we can not stop it." states Clarion.

Fire
"Problems are indeed increasing. Whoever is behind this, for I doubt it is Carlan himself, is someone with a great resolve to continue his plans no matter what. As we all know Balek is a calculating individual yet he willingly ended his, very succesfull, career by attacking two jedi in repbulic space. Now Balek is no man to be threatened lightly. So either his employer has tons of money and a safe haven for Balek to retire or someone twisted his arm. I hope it is the first option. Because anyone who is crazy enough to twist Baleks arm must either be a formidable opponent or totaly mad neither of which is good. So in conclusion I agree with Master Clarion that the problem must be addressed"

Ushgarak
"Why do you not think it is Carlan, Master Marcus?" asks Windu. "If it is not him, then our interest in going all out to investigate this diminishes considerably."

"All I can say," says Palpatine, "is that you had better hope it is him, for you certainly will not have time for anything else."

"The characteristics you give are not outside Carlan's capacities," says Mundi. "He is exceptionally rich and powerful with great access to resources. As for his possible madness, that would be for you to find out."

Fire
"It's just a feeling Master Windu and Master Mundi. We should certainly go and investigate Carlan Master Windu because if he is just working for something or someone bigger then it will be the only way of finding out what."

Ushgarak
"I am not very interested in pursuing this case on a feeling," says Palpatine. "If I do this, it will purely be to finish the case. Do you actually have any reason to suspect anyone else?"

"No," says Windu. "Ryamore is our only suspect and the trail ends there. We are aware of the suspicions that more of the Union is implicated than him but those are not allegations we are intending to pursue."

Windu glances at you at this point, Marcus, somewhat imploringly.

Keep it focussed, he is saying.

Fire
"Master Windu is correct"

Jedi Priestess
"I would also agree with Master Windu's assement Chancellor." replies Clarion.

Delfedd
I would also agree

OOC Wow. I guess i changed the plot a little.

Stealth Agent
wow we started another episode

im sorry this is becoming a habit so points were handed out and all, ill read this and make a post but do to life drama i cant gaurentee i can stay updated with it

Stealth Agent
*i no this is a late reply sorry*

"When did you do this? Were you working with the jedi or on your own?" Densk asked.

An idea struck densk "The brain implants or Chips. Cant they be examined to see where they had be getting orders from, where the signal to give them orders came from." (sorry if it was already mentioned)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>