Pre-Crisis Superman vs. Post-Heroes Reborn Savage Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supessucks
Superman would be crushed by the Hulk. Superman, or any other DC superhero, has no strength level chart, and he has never shown an act of strength greater than that of the Hulk (Please do NOT give me the moving the moon argument. Superman did not have the force of gravity, or any force resisting him when he moved it. Hulk shattered an asteroid twice the size of the earth in space with a punch.) It is then safe to assume that Hulk is stronger than Superman.

Superman would get crushed. Superman draws his energy from the sun. Hulk could pummel him through the earth's crust, there he couldn't absorb any solar energy. Then, Hulk would commence beating the daylights out of him, similar to the manner in which Darksied did.

People often underestimate Hulk's speed, strength, durability, and battle cunning. Hulk isn't nearly as fast as Superman, nor can he fly. (Note: Superman can NOT, I repeat, can NOT move at the speed of light! He can only fly, not run, slightly faster than the speed of sound.) However he is certainly not slow by any means. Hulk can run much faster than any sort of automobile and has a jumping ability greater than anyone; He can leap into space in a single bound.

Hulk is also insanely strong. His strength is limitless, thus there is nothing that he cannot destroy, Superman included. During the Secret Wars, Hulk carried a 150,000,000,000 ton mountain. Superman has never displayed a feat of such strength. May I remind you, this was not his limit of strength, as there is no upper limit to his might.

Hulk's regeneration factor is greater than anyone in the Marvel universe, including Wolverine. He once regenerated from a virtual skeleton in minutes. Even if Superman wanted to kill (or was capable of killing) Hulk, it would be impossible to do so.

Hulk has no weaknesses for Superman to exploit (his only weakness being his mind and gullibility). Superman has three very exploitable weaknesses, Kryptonite, Magic, and deprivation of Sunlight. If Hulk can deprive Superman of sunlight, it's no contest. I understand that Superman is way more popular, but I'm talking about science.

Superman could never beat the Hulk with strength. His only chance would be to calm him down.

Draco69
Good Argument

I think you confused Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis though. Pre-crisis Superman could juggle planets, blow out suns, and fly from one to the universe to the other. His power was reliant on the writers imagination, which can often be limitless. Post-Crisis Superman thankfully was toned down. Pre-Crisis Superman would beat the Hulk. His power is limitless. The Hulk isn't.

supessucks
Hello again Draco,
Was the Pre-Crisis Superman the one that moved the moon? If so I was referring to him.

Draco69
Hi, Supessucks!

No, Post-Crisis Superman moved the moon (when he was Electro-Superman). Pre-Crisis Superman would probably eat the moon because in the 30s' everyone knew that the moon was made of cheese.

supessucks
Notwithstanding this superman is very powerful, Hulk's power is also in fact limitless. I don't pay much attention to the comics that defy all laws of physics. Primarily, it would be impossible to juggle planets as the directions "up" and "down" are relative to gravitational pull, and for an object to "fall" it would have to be pulled towards a sufficiently massive article in space. As for "Blowing out" a sun, stars are not combustion reactions, hence the feat is essentially impossible, and requires no further scrutiny. and I think you mean flying from galaxy to galaxy, not universe.

supessucks
I agree with you.

Draco69
Cool

snoopdogg
Dont most comics defy the laws of physics? Damm son what the F*ck are you talking about.

David Duchovony
I was shocked at your lack of bias, especially when I saw your name. (sarcasm)

supessucks
Some do potty mouth, but not quite so blatantly as others.

supessucks
yes I suppose I was a tad biased. How could you tell?(sarcasm)

supessucks
I figured there are more than enough superman fans.

supessucks
I was thinking about changing my name, any suggestions?

snoopdogg
wolviesucks sounds good.

supessucks
Deep in my heart I reluctantly agree, but he's much better than that Cyclops fellow. Are you a DC fan by any chance?

snoopdogg
I read both Marvel and DC. I am not biast towards either one.

supessucks
Thats "biased." I understand typos, I do it myself often. I'll admit my deferrence against superman, its just that his millions of blinded fans give him more credit than he is merited.

Tron
Ummm, don't take this personally, but you talk about Superman defying physics? You do know punching an asteroid twice the size of Earth is almost worse than moving Earth right (wouldn't something that big be it's own planet with twice the gravity and it's own atmosphere)? Anyways, apparantly you don't seem to know too much about Pre-Crisis Superman, so is you don't mind, I want you to check this out:

http://theages.superman.ws/Encyclopaedia/powers.php

Hulk has the potential for limitless strength, but against Pre-Crisis Superman, he stands no chance. You're talking about a guy that could sneeze a galaxy out of existence here, Hulk ain't up for that. And Hulk has been beaten by foes no where near as PC Supes. Now don't get me wrong, I like Hulk far more than Superman, but, you gotta accept the fact that Pre-Crisis DC works on a much higher power scale, and Hulk couldn't even compare.

supessucks
The writer's of this pre-crisis superman comic seem to endow him with random unrelated abilities, which is understandable for the time period. However in the strength category, Hulk could perform, and has performed greater acts of strength than these (except for perhaps hitting a baseball around the world, and hurling space shuttles into distant galaxies.)

DarkCrawler
Superman is stronger, faster, more intelligent and has more powers...isn't it obvious that he wins?

supessucks
Superman, in fact, is not stronger, and the Post Heroes Reborn Hulk has Bruce Banner superhuman genius, so he's not smarter..

DarkCrawler
I think that is stronger then lifting that mountain...

DarkCrawler
Stronger, stronger, stronger...

supessucks
Being that a star is a fusile hydrogen reaction, only an idiot would believe rubbing two rocks together could create a sun

DarkCrawler
Stronger too.

DarkCrawler
Yes, but he still did it...

supessucks
I don't pay any attention to the idiotic ravings of the early superman writings, 75% of the stories are scientifically unsound.

Mainstream
Doesn't the Hulk just get stronger the more pissed off he gets? Superman is strong and all but his strenght has limits right?

supessucks
My point exactly, Mainstream.

pr1983
its a f*cking comic book...

DarkCrawler
But it you were still talking about Pre-Crisis Superman, and those are feats that he has achieved.

Mainstream
Hulk Smash silly Farm boy from planet that went bang!

supessucks
If Hulk was not stronger than Superman (which he is,) He could become stronger than Superman.

DarkCrawler
Hulk starts at 100

Eve Post-Crisis Superman stars somewhere around one million ton.

He hast to be pretty damn angry to achieve that.

DarkCrawler
Which he is not...

supessucks
Most comics follow the laws of physics to at least some extent. The early superman comics do not.

pr1983
superman would take hulk down long before hulk became strong enough to take him down.

pre crisis supes (love him or hate him) is imo the ultimate superhero in terms of power, nobody in dc or marvel comes close...

if it was post crisis supes we'd have a fight...

most don't actually. if you want scientifically sound watch star trek.

supessucks
Dark where do you get your information? There is no DC strength level chart.

Mainstream
I've seen the Hulk get pretty angry.

supessucks
Mind you this isn't Dragon Ball Z. He doesn't have to "charge up", he just flips out.

pr1983
they don't need one, supes' achievements speak for themselves...

DarkCrawler
Post-Superman's peak is million tons, he has lifted Mount Rushmore once, I think...

DarkCrawler
Of course, you may be right...I think my source is not an completely official. But I am sure that he starts stronger then Hulk.

DarkCrawler
AND besides this is Pre-Crisis, we are talking about. His strenght level is probably something like 100000000000000000000 tonnes.

SarKastic_OJ
supessucks: I can't take your argument seriously seeing as it is rooted with your hate and disdain for one opposing character...

Like DarkCrawler says, Supes is more versatile, his power at "base level" far exceeds that of the hulk's "base level" and he doesn't have to be pissed and raging with his strength but rather he's still calm, passive and calculate ole' Superman..Now with all that in mind common logic should come to call, a far more stronger(at base level) Superman with the ability of flight, heat-vision, X-ray vision, super-speed vs an "potentially infinite" powered opponent who can't even fly..

And his super-speed doesn't have to require him running, he can dart from one fixed point to another faster than the human eye can register, and a whole lot faster than the hulk's oncoming blow..(i.e. he can dart from Hulk's blow only to appear behind him to deliver a hard blow into his back..)

Mainstream
Yeah I know.

supessucks
"Juggling planets" is my definition of scientifically unsound. I am a logical person. In order to "juggle" anything it must be "falling." "Falling" is relative to gravitational pull towards a much more massive object. Planets don't "fall" there for they cannot be "juggled". This is one of Superman's bogus "feats."

pr1983
most comics have bogus feats, it comes with the territory...

supessucks
I don't hate superman, he is a fictional character. My username represents my disdain for fanboys and fanatical ignorance.

Can you show me a site or any other form of media that displays superman's base strength?

supessucks
Speed isn't everything, If so Flash and Quicksilver would destroy everyone. Post-Heros Reborn Hulk is in fact more intelligent than Superman. He would strategize the fight, not stumble about throwing haymakers..

pr1983
how many precrisis superman comics have you read? honestly?

SarKastic_OJ
supessucks: http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/superman/superman.html

dc has no known form of strength charts the likes of Marvel and why?? because they don't want a known limit to the strength of their heroes thus making them look stronger than Marvel, they use their "feats" of strength to show the audience..

You say speed isn't everything because of guys like Flash and Quicksilver is a very "weak" comeback..Since when do "they" move moons, punch asteroids in two, have heat vision, invulnerability?..You can't compare them to the likes of Superman they are indeed "One-dimensional" supes is not...My point wasn't that Supes speed was all he needed but his speed +his other powers combined..And btw Supes is just as strategic as hulk, just with more to work with...

supessucks
I am stating purely fact. Hulk's strength level is not my opinion, it is posted on Marvel web sites. Superman's strength level is never stated and inconsistant.

supessucks
SarKastic,

I asked for a DC website, and you lead me to a Fansite. I could create a fansite that said Hulk can lift one million tons at base strength, but Marvel says otherwise. Superman's fans can place his strength wherever they want. It is not the official word of the writers.

supessucks
Last time I checked Superman wasn't a genius.

supessucks
Hulk has performed feats of greater strength than Superman.

SarKastic_OJ
Brainiac and Brainiac2000 we're geniuses, he beats them on a daily basis, his logic applied with his power has proved him the victor many times over...so whats your point??

pr1983
like what supessucks?

supessucks
He destroyed an asteroid twice the size of earth, a feat that was pushing it on my illogical bullshit meter.

supessucks
SarKastic,

Braniac nor Braniac 2000 were as strong or as fast as Hulk. They were computer programs. An antivirus program could do the same.

pr1983
impressive, but not pre-crisis superman impressive

supessucks
As for another feat of strength, He destroyed Onlslaught when the combined might of all of the earth's superhero's couldn't scratch his armor.

supessucks
Perhaps you are right. But I still think that Hulk could beat the modern day superman.

pr1983
post crisis supes v the hulk... now thats a fight and a half...

DarkCrawler
Pre-Crisis Superman has Super-Intelligence, too.

DarkCrawler
Your opinions dont matter. He still did it.

supessucks
yeah, right... what doesn't he have?

DarkCrawler
I dont know.

SarKastic_OJ
supesucks: you seem to have a problem with Pre-crisis's "cheese" factor rather than his character itself, you hate the fact that he was made to "have it all", every power for every battle..yeah, i'd be the first to admit that he was too powerful to be realistically relatable but hell he sold millions and is still going strong today so it must still appeal!!

My point about him defeating Brainiac and Brainiac 2000 were that Supes goes up against the smartest of foes, brainpower matters not if your own logic and intellect combined with versatile godlike powers..The hulk just doesn't measure up so to speak...

Oh yeah
Superman "doesn't have" good taste in costumes :P

MatchesMalone
Pre-crisis Supes should win with ease. He is too fast and too strong.

supessucks
Read the first part of the thread. Hulk is stronger.

MatchesMalone
Do you mind just telling me exactly what statement in this thread you are referring to?

supessucks
That part

MatchesMalone
Oh, yea, I read that part. Pre-crisis Supes still should win with ease. He is too fast and too strong.

Draco69
Like I said, Pre-Crisis Superman could do anything the writer wanted him to. That's like God guaranteeing his victory no matter what.

supessucks
I agree with you Draco, and I am considering closing with this thread.

Matches, Prove it.

MatchesMalone
Well, the thing is, I can't prove the outcome. Nor can anybody prove any outcome of any of these threads. That is why all of these threads can be debated forever. No matter how obvious the logical outcome should be. I can't even prove that King Thor can beat Micky Mouse.

Draco69
Mickey Mouse would kick King Thor's butt smile

supessucks
Perhaps, Draco

We'll have to wait for "Marvel vs DC the fighting game". Would I love to play that game...

supessucks
BTW Matches,
I mean't prove that Superman is stronger.

Tron
I thought I gave the proof already, but oh well. Hulk has the "potential" for limitless strength, which is nice to have, but doesn't help when you're fighting someone who's already far beyond Hulk's usual level of strength. Lifting a mountain? Please, Superman lifts those for fun. Punching an asteroid twice the size of Earth (which it shouldn't be a asteroid at that point, it should be a planet, and it would be impossible for someone Hulk's size to destroy it with one punch with the pieces destroying everything around him, but hey, he did it regardless)? Superman plays with planets like they were marbles. Also, he can blow out stars, and destroyed an entire distant solar system with a single sneeze. And you expect Hulk to be able to fight something like that, with all of Superman's other abilities added? I don't think so. And yeah Flash is fast, but he doesn't have Superman's superior strength to back it up. And, as everyone said, Pre-Crisis Superman WAS super-intelligent, if you didn't know. He learns human and alien languages in seconds, builds devices in seconds, and intellectually competes with Lex Luthor, who pretty much compared to Dr. Doom and Reed Richards back in the day. I like Hulk, but he's too one sided. Strength alone won't beat someone with strength, speed, flight, heat vision, super/freezing breath, etc. Pre-Crisis Superman's too strong, too smart, and too versatile for Hulk. I wouldn't dare put any of my favorite Marvel characters against Pre-Crisis Supes, cause I know better.

DarkCrawler
thumb up What he said.

supremthor
pre-crisis=Superman's super-powers are by and large, extraordinary magnifications of ordinary human abilities. Just as an ordinary man can hurl a baseball, Superman can hurl an entire Planet. Just as an ordinary man can see across the room, Superman can see across the universe.In February 1961, after Mr. Mxyzptlk has loosed a cloud of magic sneezing powder on Metropolis, Superman finds himself forced to give vent to a super-sneeze that literally destroys an entire distant solar system.

MatchesMalone
Tron, thanks for replying before I got a chance to respond to Supessucks. As usual, Tron, you are right on the money with your posts. When I stated that Pre-crisis Supes was too fast and too strong for Hulk, I was making an extreme understatement.

Tron
Yeah, I know the feeling. I like Hulk and all, but Pre-Crisis Supes is ridiculously powerful, and way, way too much for Hulk. Hell, way too much for even War Hulk. Yeah, I said it. What y'all gonna do about it?

MatchesMalone
Oooooooooooooooooohhh, snap!!!!!!!!!!! Them fighting words!!

Tough Guy
theres a limit to how close bodies of significant size can be close to one another, the rochet limit i believe b4 the bigger tears apart the smaller. wow guys comics arent scientific lol. also marvel write on a far grander scale, in their world who knows what hulk would be doing,? in marvels supes certainly wouldnt sneeze out solarsystems or whatever gay nonsense hes done, this is the main gap to bridge on this subject

lightaxe
Supremthor have you noticed all you do is Copy and Paste from a site on your precrisis posts?

x_danny_x
who the heck is Reborn Savage Hulk???????????

damn so many hulk superman threads i see

Tron
I have no clue what you're talking about in your first sentence, but oh well. And true, Superman wouldn't be destroying solar systems with a sneeze in Marvel, they made sure that they got away from sh*t like that though. But, this is Pre-Crisis Superman, in the DC universe, where he CAN get away with anything like that, so there's not much more that can be said about it.

Tron
Yeah, he's pasting from the site I put up a few pages back. Makes sense, better that than try to type out examples of Supes doing crazy sh*t.

x_danny_x
I actually know what he is talking about in the first sentence. didnt know ToughGuy knew real science!

SarKastic_OJ
the grammar in his first sentence seems rushed and not well-thought out, I can't understand it either.....

x_danny_x
jesus guys, dont you know your basic science? Every planet, moon, Star, and other heavenly body objects has Gravity! The bigger the body the stronger gravitational pull!

That is why the Moon revolves around the Earth because the Earth's gravity keeps it from floating away! The Roche Limit is a very short distance away from the planet where the Gravity is so strong that if an object such as the moon is revolving around a larger object such as the Earth and somehow gets inside the Roche Limit distance, it will be ripped to shreds.

If that happends than Earth would be like Saturn! Saturn's rings is nothing more than some of its moons coming to close to Saturn and just got destroyed and creating those beutiful rings.

Tron
Don't take this the wrong way, but what does that have to do with the fight, cause you just lost me.no expression

SarKastic_OJ
same here, its like you morphed from fanboy to add 3x to both sides on us....you just posted a high-school level form of physics...

It's not that serious...calm down....*hands danny a beer*

I'd hate to see your laws of physics debates...Even Darwin would go "what the hell is wrong with you its just a battle between a green beast and a man wearing red underwear!! sheesh"

supremthor
http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk1.jpg
http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk2.jpg
http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk3.jpg
http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk4.jpg
http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk5.jpg
http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hu...rman/hulk6b.jpg
http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk7.jpg
http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk8.jpg

manjaro
dude, pre-crisis supes would kill the whole universe and thier freaking momma with a swift back hand. let alone hulk. hulk would be forced to watch his own skull scatter like roaches when the lights come on.

supessucks
I was wrong when I titled this post, Pre-crisis Superman could have any power he wanted to have. Hulk would not be a fair match for him. I meant post-crisis Superman. I don't understand the joke at the end of the post, manjaro, but you have a point.

manjaro
supes is also a super genious. even post crisis. just like impulse he has a photo graphic memory. he reads things at super speeds and reatins all the info permanently. as he has been shown reading a whole library, plus reading a whole medical library to know how to perform complex procedures.

the same goes for every subject you can imagine he has done this.( that was pre -crisis though) the latter day superman's intellect is explained the same way annhilus is.(the whole helmet thing) superman took the artifact that was placed in his space pod and once he activated it, it telepathically(radio, or electro-telepathy, one of those two) informed him of the entire hostory of krypton and of his father's work and technological prowess.

Also, depending what what writer's stuff you read the artifact is presented as a hardlight hologram of Jorel narrating it to superman, and even interactive. answering all his questions to a degree that would seem like he was really there as a real person talking to supreman. other times it is depicted as something brainiac cooked up before he went rouge(seeing as how he was suposedly the information minister of krypton b4 he got ambitious.

manjaro
when you turn the lights on roaches scatter..........get it? hulk's skull shattering in a million pieces as if the lights just came on?..........get it ?

manjaro
as far as STR is concerned. if you remeber the re-vamped superman in the 80's. the man of steel series/i guess this would be the official post crisis supes. when lex luthor staged a terrorist attack on his cruise ship to bait supes out, after dispacthing the bad guys pretty swiftly, he liftted the ocean liner right out of the water and brought it to saftey. he even commented that as he's discvering his new powers he finds that his lifting things is a matter of will power rather than brute strentgh(it's almost verbatum to what he remarked) in fact, its explained as sort of self telekinesis.

manjaro
Just this MID SIZE cruise ship is 48,000 tons. and the one he lifted in the comic was at least 3 times the size of this one, and he balanced it on one shoulder and arm. this leads me to believe that superman is indeed stronger than hulk. heck! even super boy lifted an entire palace when he was in young justice. plus ive been reading on tons of web pages over the years that supes starts out at about 40,000 tons. in fact, some web-sites that were lifted staright from card games lists him as lifting milllions of tons at his peak

supessucks
If Superman started out at a 40,000 ton maximum his strength would not be sufficient to lift such a ship, as his strength does not increase. His strength must be greater than 40,000 tons. Hulk could easily lift a Ship that size. He has lifted far heavier objects. As I have previously stated that during the secret Wars, Savage Hulk carried a 150,000,000,000 (15 billion) ton mountain, under earth's gravity. He has pulverized an asteroid twice the size of earth (its weight is incalculable). Hulk destroyed Onslaught when the rest of Earth's heroes combined couldn't scratch his armor. According to Marvel writers, Hulk does not have class 100 strength. His power is far greater, and unlike superman, Hulk doesn't have a peak. In the crossover Hulk launched pre-crisis Superman out of Metropolis, and tackled him through a building, so Hulk's strength is sufficient to damage pre-crisis Superman. It is obvious by comparing physiques, that Superman's strength is not primarily muscular, but is rather energy based. However you shouldn't go to fansites for data. Only use the official site and comics to prove your points, as a fansite will mislead you.

supremthor
i need keybord mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

x_danny_x
guys, I was trying to clarify what you and SarkasticOJ didnt understand on the first Sentence of Tough Guy's paragraph!!

That is all

SarKastic_OJ
supesucks: did you see the image of Superman simply standing up to a hulk blow??

Supes is just too darn versatile, yeah the hulk did some surprising feats of strength but strength alone doesn't declare victory..Brains apllied with logic and intellect almost "always" reigns supreme...Yeah, the hulk balanced a mountain, so what, albet doomsday or Darkseid could do the same..Now on strength alone hulk might have the slight edge as his power rises the more enraged he is, but his thinkability(created word) is at an all time low..He becomes supremely blinded by his own rage, supes would take advantage, too much to work with and is depcited to be "perfect" in every aspect, the hulk's going to have to do more than Hulk SMASH!! to beat Kal-EL...Hell if Supes loses to a mindless beast despite all his abilities and intellect then I'd lose all respect for the writers..

supessucks
OJ: Did you see the image of Hulk knocking (pre-crisis)Superman out of Metropolis, or him tackling Superman through a building? That was a crossover anyway, they are irrelevent.

My point Exactly OJ, you will see that I stated almost exactly what you did later in the post. Hulk could become much stronger than Superman, but this is not enough to ensure his victory. However, If Darksied or Doomsday, could do the same as Hulk, they never have displayed this degree of power. And remember, Doomsday and Superman killed each other.

Not all of the Hulk's incarnations are stupid. Most people dont know who Post-Heroes Reborn Hulk is. After Hulk defeated Onslaught, he ascended to a new power level; he got bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter. That is the Hulk in current comics. Most people are thinking about the Hulk in the old comics. Post Hero's Reborn Professor Hulk was actually a genius (He absorbed Bruce Banners intellect, but still referred to himself as Hulk.) Hulk does still stand a Fighting chance against post-crisis superman.

Tron
I saw him get knocked out of Metropolis, and he came back a little annoyed, just to let Hulk wail on him without budging. But anyways...

True, Hulk COULD surpass Superman's strength, but just how much stronger would he have to get? And would it matter in the end? ANd, although Doomsday was inspired by Hulk, they are two different characters entirely, with different abilities. And I wouldn't even try comparing Hulk to Darkseid.

And, the incarnation I believe you're refering to is Professor Hulk, who was around before Onslaught., and he has even less of a chance against Superman than Savage Hulk, especially Pre-Crisis Supes. He starts off stronger, but has more trouble getting stronger because of his intellect, and sometimes his cockiness. True, Hulk does stand a chance against Post-Crisis Superman, but then again there's already a thread for that.

manjaro
40,000 tons is not supes maximum. as ive said his lifting power is not based on brute strentgh but sheer will power, and "self telekinesis" those were his words not mine. read man of steel vol. 1 if you think im bullshittin you Cosmic

Damborgson
bump

abhilegend
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Superman would be crushed by the Hulk. Superman, or any other DC superhero, has no strength level chart, and he has never shown an act of strength greater than that of the Hulk (Please do NOT give me the moving the moon argument. Superman did not have the force of gravity, or any force resisting him when he moved it. Hulk shattered an asteroid twice the size of the earth in space with a punch.) It is then safe to assume that Hulk is stronger than Superman.

Superman would get crushed. Superman draws his energy from the sun. Hulk could pummel him through the earth's crust, there he couldn't absorb any solar energy. Then, Hulk would commence beating the daylights out of him, similar to the manner in which Darksied did.

People often underestimate Hulk's speed, strength, durability, and battle cunning. Hulk isn't nearly as fast as Superman, nor can he fly. (Note: Superman can NOT, I repeat, can NOT move at the speed of light! He can only fly, not run, slightly faster than the speed of sound.) However he is certainly not slow by any means. Hulk can run much faster than any sort of automobile and has a jumping ability greater than anyone; He can leap into space in a single bound.

Hulk is also insanely strong. His strength is limitless, thus there is nothing that he cannot destroy, Superman included. During the Secret Wars, Hulk carried a 150,000,000,000 ton mountain. Superman has never displayed a feat of such strength. May I remind you, this was not his limit of strength, as there is no upper limit to his might.

Hulk's regeneration factor is greater than anyone in the Marvel universe, including Wolverine. He once regenerated from a virtual skeleton in minutes. Even if Superman wanted to kill (or was capable of killing) Hulk, it would be impossible to do so.

Hulk has no weaknesses for Superman to exploit (his only weakness being his mind and gullibility). Superman has three very exploitable weaknesses, Kryptonite, Magic, and deprivation of Sunlight. If Hulk can deprive Superman of sunlight, it's no contest. I understand that Superman is way more popular, but I'm talking about science.

Superman could never beat the Hulk with strength. His only chance would be to calm him down.
Oh my God.faint

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
bump
Why did you bump a six year old thread?

Cogito
OP said some of the stupidest shit I've ever read on this forum.

carver9
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

This guy is good. I agree 100% with this post. : )

Scoobless
lol

If he can do it, he can't do it ... nicely done CC

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
This guy is good. I agree 100% with this post. : )

Of course you do Carver. You know that he posted this under a thread titled "Pre-Crisis Superman vs. Post-Heroes Reborn Savage Hulk", right.

Damborgson
Originally posted by abhilegend
Why did you bump a six year old thread? for laughs I guess

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
This guy is good. I agree 100% with this post. : ) Like it matters you and him a wrong. The blind leading the blind no expression

carver9
Lol...just playing. Precrisis Superman stomps.

JakeTheBank
Lol, classic Carv. thumb up

Uriel005
Originally posted by Draco69
Good Argument

I think you confused Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis though. Pre-crisis Superman could juggle planets, blow out suns, and fly from one to the universe to the other. His power was reliant on the writers imagination, which can often be limitless. Post-Crisis Superman thankfully was toned down. Pre-Crisis Superman would beat the Hulk. His power is limitless. The Hulk isn't. sneezing out a solarsystem... after finding a safe one thousands of light years away to safely sneeze.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.