Solar vs. Proteus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

miahera
I notice next to none on Valiant characters. how will these two fair, both of pure energy?

ayjay
i dunno very much about valiant characters.....i only read the visitor series..

Mainstream
Please explain Solar

radioboy121
I remember little about Solar myself. He was a god-like character in the Valiant pages, but never shown to the extent of powerhouses like a Living Tribunal. As to power, he could transverse to multiple universes and I know he had shown signs of reality altering and life governing (i.e. his wife wanted him to take her life when she was made an immortal by him and she was tired of seeing people age and die around her normally).

Proteus was a mutant with a relatively small scale altering reality ability, but he was vulnerable to metal regardless if he was in a host body or not. He was probably the greatest when he united with Piecemeal, but I see Solar winning this despite my short knowledge of him.

muffin man
proteus is very underrated and I'm sure that he's more powerful than magneto most powerful mutant my @$$

radioboy121
Possibly, but his body couldn't maintain his abilities and he was vulnerable to metal. Also, he was one of little outside experience, as most of the time after his mutation started to take effect, he was contained. In many environments, Magneto can throw a lot at him that could easily damage him.

Krissy Von Doom
I think Solar was explained as being the Molecule Man but with energy instead of matter.

muffin man
he did appear in an episode of the 90's series.
the one were cyclops travels to a strange place.
solar is their leader.

Mainstream
Protestius....or how ever the hell you spell it...was o.k. He was in 2 episodes MM...He made Wolverine Cry...something I still find creepy til this day.

radioboy121
Unlike Nightcrawer who's reality was altered, Wolverine was literally turned inside out by Proteus (he took it personally in the pain of Wolverine's adamantium). I also feel sorry for Phoenix who experienced a sensation of being dead but also conscious while being buried (something like that).

Mainstream
THat's deep dude!

muffin man
I was talking about solar.
OK

miahera
Solar with Cyclops? when? how? the rights to this guy has been going all over the place, his character probably was offered at Archie comics. laughing this guy has been around longer than the pages of Valiant, but that's the only one I know. he's suppose to have come in the 60's but in every version he was introduced, he was created by a nuclear freak accident (gosh that sounds familiar big grin ).

basically yes he's a man of pure energy and as his universe isn't as expansive or detailed as the DC or Marvel universes, he could literally do anything up to how much his frail mind can take (dumb brain capacity). Proteus doesn't stand a chance in my view but I was hoping an argument would stem somewhere. darn. got to make better threads.

Mainstream
no I was talking about the Potutus..Miahera I've never seen or heard of Solar...but he sounds cool miss.

Krissy Von Doom
I know in the 90s X-men cartoon, the blackbird once zipped past an ocean liner and you see Spartan, from Jim Lee's Wildcats, on board.

Mainstream
That sounds about right Krissy.

muffin man
solar used toad in that series.
boingy boingy boingy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.