Big Bang Theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MC Mike
There was a thread on the Big Bang but it had to do with BEFORE it, not the event itself.

True?

If not, explain the expansion of the universe. Or the abundance of light elements H, He, Li. And what about CMB radiation (with less than thousandths of a degree fluctuations)?

Afro Cheese
I don't know.

ragesRemorse
man, i couldnt tel you, i wasnt there.

dave123
It was pretty good... one of those things that you'll remember forever happy

MC Mike
In one ear and out the other eh?

Afro Cheese
I really don't understand the Big Bang theory all that much.

yerssot
I take it mister dave has been explaining his big bang theory...

any girl got the ...thrust of it?

(adapted quote from Die Another Day, Bond 20)

Syren
I'm more inclined to believe the Big Bang theory and the ensuing Evolutionary theory than a book re-written by people I'll never meet and simply have to take the word of.

Kosta
I've read books on it. Its all speculation and theory, and there are so many possibilities its almost ridicul;ous. Theres a theory that say the gravitational puu of matter in the universe may not be enough to slow down or stop the universe forever expanding. They say the "Chaos theory" may never happen, where all or most of the supernovas become black holes and then the oniverse implodes. Who knows. Ask more specific questions, I might be able to answer them, roughly, but dont go all Einstein on me stick out tongue

Kosta
Oh were talking bout big bang...hmm. I dunno, all I know is that we'll never know laughing out loud.

frodo34x
So you met the guy that discovered the Big Bang then?

MC Mike
The reason for the mumbo-jumbo is I didn't want some religious person to say that it never happened without giving proof against the facts that back it up.

Syren
*cough*

I repeat;

I'm more inclined to believe the Big Bang theory.....

As in, I'm not entirely certain, I couldn't possibly be, but I'm leaning more towards the scientific side of things than the religious. Satisfied?

Linkalicious
God was cooking and he left the fork and knife on the plate when he threw it in the microwave. yes

^ Religious explanation. big grin

Syren
yes That's just so unbelievably spot on, who could possible argue with an explanation as sturdy and impenetrable as that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

*raises hand*

Silver Stardust
hysterical Link!!!

I'm with Kerry, give me science over religion any day.

dean7879
big bang my ass

its all a load of bollox

carnival_junkie
i dont think it happened, but i really dont care.

furryman
right yes

so like in six days this bloked called God, right, made this thing, and he had this pretty little garden, and full of nice little animals like, and there were this couple of people - adam and eve.. and they were naked, and there was a snake right (not adam's, though i heard its massive!) and got them to eat this apple like in that disney film with the little midgets...anyway...the dude that made it all kicked em out cause they were naughty, it must've been one of his special apples...and then they had a lot of sex and we are all their children smile

Syren
toot

By Jove! I think he's got it! Eureka!! And all that other bollocks.

hysterical2

dean7879
sounds a more realistic story then the big bang theory

how the hell do scientists know what happened billions of years ago?
whistle

id rather believe in religeon rather than science

Syren
Well, for fear of being discriminative, I'll say only this; You are completely welcome to your personal opinion, of course. But it would help your case monumentally if you validated your beliefs. Ok?

BackFire
God farted and out came the universe.

Syren
Yah. What he said. And, do you think perhaps I scared away that 'Best of British' person with my big words? whistle

dean7879
do i have to?
does it matter to you?
i was just stating that i dont believe that scientists can predict what happened, thats all i wanted to say

dean7879
the names dean
yeah u did scare me yes

big gay kirk
Personally I'm a believer in the steady state universe... as championed by Fred Hoyle among others... the universe had no starting point, and will have no end... the apparent expansion of the universe can be explained by the laws of motion, without the need for a big bang to start everything up... the Big Bang theory became popular at the same time as most other catastrophe theories... that violent events are what shape the universe.... funnily enough, most major religions have God forming or moulding an already existent universe, rather than creating it.... the idea of order out of chaos fits in very well with superstring theory, which in itself marries science and religion... I find it less problematic to believe in something that has always existed and is therefore acausal than I do answering the questions such as... where did the matter for the big bang comer from...

HarmonicFlo88
The big bang occured as two platform universes collided . Tha collision was so intence that particles went around ballistically outward and we are cought up in tha process.

Imagine two platforms that sway like jello and collide with immense force in one spot..thus is tha cause for tha big bang and OUR universe. it is said that there are other big bangs that create other sub-universes.

Syren
eek! I like you, you have attitude big grin

carnival_junkie
for some reason, that story sends a shiver down my spine.

rather amusing, though. cool

dean7879
lol thanx big grin

Tex
You trust religion over science?

The bible is full of stories about unicorns, dragons and talking snakes... I haven't seen any of them around have you?

I have seen mathematical equations and statistics.

If we all abandoned our ridiculous religions and focused all of our attention towards science our society would be immensely better off.

Napalm
And wear are the unicorns and dragons pray tell?

Tex
My point exactly.

Napalm
Im talking about in the bible

Tex
Isaiah 34:7
"And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls, and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."

There are 16 separate references to dragons, here's one.
Malachi 1:3
"And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."

The bible also references creatures of Greek mythology.
Like the Satyr (a creature that is supposed to be a man with a goat's legs, ears and horns)

Isaiah 13:21
"But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there."

And it also contains mentions of other mythological creatures such as cockatrices and fiery serpents.

Jeremiah 8:17
"For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the Lord."

The bible is quite ridiculous and can very easily be dismissed as pure nonsense by any free reasoning intelligent person.

Syren
clapping

For shame, Napalm. Questioning The Texxy One tongue

Napalm
Unicorns were what we call antelope today

Syren
Yeah, I saw loads of antelope with one horn on that Safari the other day roll eyes (sarcastic)

dean7879

Tex
Love you Syren doll! *fake H'wood movie sta-h kiss kiss* winkiss

It is quite amazing how advanced our ancient civilizations were. They were performing advanced plastic surgery and creating insanely advanced mechanical devices thousands of years before the birth of Jesus.

Of course they were more primitive as to their techniques and approaches but the basic premise remains the same.

Its a shame most of that ancient knowledge was lost to the centuries. If only that knowledge could've been saved and passed on to further generations our technology would be far superior today.

Humans are very intelligent, adaptive and inquisitive creatures. When we apply ourselves we are capable of amazing feats. Giving credit to aliens or "gods" for our direct accomplishments is an insult to everything we have become and created.

Syren
No, didn't you hear? The very first laboratory was in fact opened by a man called I.M God. He cut the red tape, did a fancy schmancy pose and everything eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.